Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-16-2015, 05:11 AM

so famously undone

Sometimes peaceful creatures needed a break of their own, which was what he sought today. The meaning of temporary had been stretched quite a bit, almost making him think his home around the volcano was permanent. Perhaps it satisfied some of his family members, but he was not one of those happy customers. What more could he do? Sit around and wait for his older brothers to push the rest of them around? It felt like he was depending on Glacier and Voltage too much. He planned to venture out just for the day, so he wouldn't be useless back at the volcano. After his earlier conversation with Gale, it seemed unlikely this continent was a replica of their old home. Even if he couldn't find an area suitable to accommodate the whole family, enjoying himself in an area he called home was good enough.

His paws wouldn't wander far, only sticking to the regions close to his temporary home. He hoped to come across trees, or any shrubbery for that matter. What caught his attention were the beautifully flowered redbud trees, blossomed with delicate rose coloured petals. Although he expected something along the lines of green, he would not want to exclude such marvellous flora over a petty reason such as the colour. That was how he planned to spend his early morning, slowly winding through the nook and admiring the life that the volcano somehow lacked. Who else liked the calm serenity of enclosed wooded landscapes? Definitely none of his family, making him a one of a kind.

"Speech!"

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-17-2015, 10:56 AM
Voltage had slacked a bit when it came to the more quiet of his siblings. They seemed content on their own, so they took a backburner when he was busy scouting the lands. But it wasn’t fair to them, he thought. He spent a majority of his time with Serefina or Glacier, playing or planning, but spent very little time with his other siblings. So he decided to turn that around! So today he searched out for one of them, choosing his earthy brother because he was probably the one Voltage saw the very least. He knew that the Volcano only knocked a few of his elmeental siblings off the checklist, but others got the brunt end of the stick. Locha, who adored water, was forced to be on a scalding mountain filled with lava. Terrae...though the mountain was rock and earth, seemed to lean more towards life and admittedly the place they had chosen had none of that (if they didn’t count themselves, of course). He wouldn’t be surprised if Terrae became the healer of the group, either.

So he searched for him, following a rather fresh scent trail. Naturally it flowed away from the Volcano, and he couldn’t help but chuckle at the fact. Voltage was very perceptive when it came to his siblings, even the ones he didn’t seem to spend a lot of time with. So he quietly followed his brother’s scent, his long gait catching up quickly with his serene brother. When he finally spotted Terrae in the distance he smirked and ducked behind a tree, watching the direction he would go before bounding on silent paws to circle around him. He tried to be as silent and stealthy as he could as he moved to intercept his brother’s path, but he wouldn’t be too surprised if Terrae saw the streak of bright yellow through the shadows. Ducking behind another tree he smirked to himself before leaping out, hopefully just infront of his brother, and grinning a boyish, toothy grin. "My, fancy meeting you here, brother!"

"Burn Baby Burn"

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-18-2015, 12:50 AM

so famously undone

Through the corner of his eye, a yellow figure rummaged through the landscape of pink and brown, allowing a small grin to creep to his expression. It wasn't the greatest camouflage he had ever seen, but at least he knew who this stalker was. He urged himself to keep walking and to ignore the colourful distraction still within his bronze vision. Like as if his very thoughts were read, the one sibling who happened to be on his mind had appeared before him. Chestnut paws came to a smooth halt as he listened to his brother exclaiming his surprise in finding him in the area. He expected his family to find no surprise in their earthen sibling being found in a forest such as today's, just like how Gale preferred windy terrains and how Locha preferred beaches. Nothing should be found surprising in the Elementas family, as all family members represent their element in a straight forward way. The actual surprise was finding Voltage in a forest. Since when did the stormy male enjoy scenic wanders through trees? Surely there was another reason in finding him here.

"Yes, it is." He agreed with a dip of his head before adding in his own wide grin and chuckle. "Especially finding a lightning bolt in a forest."

"Speech!"

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-18-2015, 10:47 AM

I NEED YOUR LOVE I NEED YOUR TIME
WHEN EVERYTHING IS WRONG
MAKE IT RIGHT I FEEL SO HIGH
I COME ALIVE I NEED TO BE FREE WITH YOU TONIGHT I NEED YOUR LOVE

"No no no.." Voltage adored each and every one of his siblings more than he loved anything in this world. But he especially loved when they could throw teases right back at him. Its one thing he loved about this family, they all knew how to have fun and they more or less felt comfortable around each other. He grinned as Terrae stood before him, remarking upon his oh so surprising apperance in the middle of the rednook trees. "Are you saying, dear brother, that I cannot enjoy the beauty of nature as well as you?" He asked with a grin before humming lightly to himself and turning his head this way and that to take in beauty of the trees in the spring. He had been here once before with Serefina but he hadn’t taken in the time to take in the beauty of nature. With a deep breath he pulled in the perfume scent before turning back to his brother and grinning. "Its not about the storms, brother, it’s about the energy. The earth has so much static energy, as you know, and I just thrive where it gathers. Just like you, enjoying the gift of nature’s life, I enjoy the energy they give off." He said with a gently smile, turning then and tilting his head. "Want to walk? It feels like its been ages since you and I have had some bonding time." His tones deepened as a sense of guilt washed over him. He had spent so much time with Serefina, Glacier and just wandering these lands that he had let his quieter siblings slip past. But no more, he couldn’t allow more time to pass. They were all getting older and, as much as it terrified Voltage, they might all venture off to begin their lives without him. He had to know his siblings and absorb all the time they gave him, because soon it might all be over.

"Speech!"

Voltage Elementas

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-21-2015, 02:30 AM

so famously undone

It almost seemed his brother could enjoy any elemental atmosphere if he wanted to, and that was an ability Terrae himself wished to possess. Heat was a force that happened to bother him, and although it was a source for life, in large quantities it was deemed destructive. It was unusual, but he would still be accepting of it. Before he had the chance to open his maw, his brother continued with a speech on energy. He understood the cycle of it all, but he never knew it was of any concern to Voltage. This had to be the reason for his appearance in the nook. Did this mean that he was connected to each element through energy? Or did this only apply to nature? "Well, I can't decide what you can or cannot do," He admitted slowly, speaking truthfully. If Voltage truly held a bond with natural life, he wouldn't stop that. "However, I seem to be curious. What other elements are you connected with by energy?"

Perhaps it was a positive aspect to share a floral interest with his brother. It may help to strengthen their familial bond. Now that more siblings had arrived at the volcano, it was difficult for him to keep track of which siblings he held a friendly connection with. It would have to be his quiet trait getting in the way of things. "Yes, I agree." He followed after his brother in a light pace, keeping to the direction he had indicated earlier.

"Speech!"

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-22-2015, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2015, 01:40 AM by Voltage.)

WHEN EVERYTHING IS WRONG

He couldn’t help but grin as he and his younger brother fell so easily in conversation. Curiosity seemed peaked in his earthy brother but Voltage held his tongue until their strides fell in synch. He sighed softly, tilting his head towards the heavens and breathing in the perfume of the nook, eyes fluttering as the serenity of nature fell over him. It was in these moments that his overwhelming energy was settled to a simmer, and he counted his blessings every time he managed that. For a moment he was silent, only letting out a gentle hum, as he thought over his brother’s question. He hadn’t thought of it, really. He was probably one of the ones least connected to his element, maybe because his focus was one hundred percent on his siblings and their care. "Yeah.." He said softly then, thinking of Serefina and her crack-fire personality and the way he fed off her flame. He thought of Glacier and his steadfast determination and how Voltage seemed to absorb his strength when he needed it. There was a reason Voltage seemed drawn to the two most opposite wolves, strength and spirit. But he was drawn to more of his family aswell, all of them in some way shape or form.

What else was he drawn too? To Voltage, he felt everything. He loved it all, the life of nature, the energy of storms, the power of fire and ice, and the serenity of the celestial bodies. All of it, Voltage could enjoy, but usually he had to bask in it with a family member of choice. He thought for a moment in silence, feeling like he was finally grasping strings of answers he had searched for for so long. He hummed again, glancing to his brother. "When it comes to our family that could mean two things." He said with a chuckle, tilting his head towards Terrae as they trotted through the trees. "Am I drawn to the element by energy, or am I drawn to a family member based off the energy of their element." He pondered softly, unsure himself before he grinned. "I probably don’t feel the same pull to the earth as you do, Terrae, but walking through this forest with you, I can feel my heart sing. I am drawn to it because of you, just as I can bask in the sunlight with Solaris, or withstand Serefina’s firery temper. I am drawn to it all, because of our siblings." Perhaps he didn’t answer Terrae’s question, moreso because he didn’t have an answer than anything else. He tilted his head towards his brother. "Is it just plant life you prefer, brother, or do you feel the life in the rocks and stone, in the very earth of the caves we sleep in? You feel at peace in your element?" He asked, tilting his head. It was almost as if he were unaware of the unique characteristics of his family. He, himself, seemed an odd one out. A man named for lightning, and yet he was terrified of the storms required to witness it. His heart didn’t sing when his element was flashing across the sky, but it did when he slept beside his siblings. Energy, perhaps that’s what it was…

"Speech!"

Voltage Elementas

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-23-2015, 03:53 AM

so famously undone

The matter was tossed about in a complicated flurry of words that most wouldn't be able to keep up with. He enjoyed these conversations, the ones that never had a set finish or answer. In a way it was odd, brainstorming and deeply thinking without coming up with a solution. Being the wise creature he is, he managed to keep up with his brother's response. In his thoughts, he worked through the presented conundrum. The topic of energy wasn't something he thoroughly understood, but he happened to be learning as far as their discussion delved.

"I prefer the second reason, how you are drawn to the energy belonging to a family member." His opinion was added with a weak smile, briefly shooting a glance towards his brother. There was a difference between his point of view and the truth. It may not be the right way energy worked, but that wouldn't change his belief. "Seeing as we are all connected through blood, wouldn't that create somewhat of a connection through energy?" His mind's thinking was expressed aloud, hoping his brother had something else to build onto with. They didn't need an exact answer, did they?

Now, he had explored many caves over his lifetimes, ones that travel below the surface of his humble forest home. There was the occasional moss and fungi growing within the walls of little light, but nothing more supreme than the trees above. He had to admit, he preferred plant life above else. Rocks and stone weren't exactly living and breathing creatures, compared to plant life. However, rocks and stone were important in nearly every element, not just his natural abode. Were they important enough to be called an element of their own?
"In a way, yes. It would be untruthful for me to say the only life is in the flora and fauna." It was about time he had his own long speech, not that he didn't mind listening to Voltage's words. "It's not only linked to my element. Volcanic eruptions create rock, thus allowing natural life to grow because of the nourishments inside the rock. Stone is the base or frame of the world, what else holds the soil and sand?" He wanted to make a point how these elements were connected together, just as the family was.

"Speech!"

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-23-2015, 06:09 PM

WHEN EVERYTHING IS WRONG

Terrae seemed to understand, even on the barest of levels, how energy worked, but his specialty was natural life and not the static energy they gave off, that seemed to be Voltage. He nodded gently at every smile and accepted every word graciously. He loved his family’s imagination, loved their critical thinking and accepted every idea they had fully. It helped him get through his own problems, helped him figure out just what he was stumped on, and right now it seemed to be where his place was in their family. "That’s right" He said gently, nodding. They were all connected by blood, but they were connected by something so much deeper.

When Terrae began to answer his question about the earth, he listened with intent, his stormy eyes rarely leaving his brother as they travelled through the redbud nook. He spoke about how he was connected with the earth but it wasn’t just him that should be, or could be, connected to the rock and stone. He hummed then, turning his head towards the front, watching the earth as they moved through the trees. "We overlap, at times." He said softly. "Look at myself and Arcus. Storms, and lightening…or Glacier and Locha, water and ice. We are all connected by something deeper than blood, some more than others." He said softly, glancing to Terrae again. "We are an amazing family…each of us so unique and special. I wouldn’t trade my life for anything in the world."

"Speech!"

Voltage Elementas

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-27-2015, 05:04 AM

so famously undone

Voltage managed to add on to his point of view with his own opinion. He seemed to agree with the family's connections, taking it to such a level to say the family overlapped and mixed at times. The examples he used were quite similar, comparing storms with lightning and ice with water. Now that the topic had been brought up, his mind briefly pondered on the thought of what other element he collided with. Earth and sun perhaps? The thought was smoothly wiped from his mind. What was he thinking? There weren't only connections with just one other element, there had to be more.

Throughout the conversation he listened intently like he always did, while returning a gentle expression with understanding nods. His brother, however, failed to mention the other side of the subject. Where there were positives, there were always negatives. Not always would there be strong and firm connections between the family. Sometimes such bonds may fall apart. "Even though we may have these connections, there can also be the complete opposite." These words would be spoken in half of what was a mumble, not as strong as his previous sentences. Were there possible examples of such a scenario?

In a way it was heartwarming to know how important family was to his older brother. He'd hate to have family who thought otherwise, but then again, how would they be family? At the sound of his words it made him feel grateful for the life he lived and the interesting kin he was surrounded by. "You and I think alike." His not-so-intellectual response was touched with a soft smile as shot another glance back towards the ebony male. What else could he say? He was quite certain his own expression told it all.

"Speech!"

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-27-2015, 05:20 AM

WHEN EVERYTHING IS WRONG

Voltage's easy smile would never fade, even as his brother brought up the fact that there has to be opposites within their family of connections. Silence would follow for a moment as he let the concept sink in before his easy smile spread into another boyish grin. "Well, yes." He said with a gentle nod. "In a world of balance there has to be opposites. Take Fire and Water for example. Or the Sun and the Moon." And yet Solaris and Selini were probably closer to each other than any of the other family members, even himself and Glacier. But he sighed softly, turning his eyes towards the sky for a moment. "But when Lava and Ocean meat, it creates Land...Earth." He said softly, turning to look at Terrae, smiling knowingly. "In a world of balance there has to be opposites, but even those opposites have positive connections, and it is up to us as a family to ensure the negative connections never unravel the positives." They as a family must work together to ensure their survival as a coherent bond, and Voltage would ensure of that. Energy was connected to bountless things, after all.

"I take that as a compliment, brother, you're quite intelligent yourself." He said with a gentle laugh when Terrae compared their thinking. But his mind turned back to their family, and the idea of ensuring that they all remain as close as they were. For what world would there be if there was no moon in the sky. They could not exist if one should leave.. "Tell me, brother, what do you think of a pack?" He said softly. It had been an idea he and Glacier had been mulling over for quite a while, and he felt it was time to start talking about it. "And by that I mean...how would you feel if Glacier and I were to make a home here permanent, and make our family official in these lands. Do as wolves do?" In a way a pack could be closer then blood. It was a coherent machine that worked to ensure survival. They would do good with some structure, and jobs. It got quite boring doing nothing but playing and exploring all day. "Would you support it?

"Speech!"

Voltage Elementas

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-01-2015, 01:09 AM

so famously undone

With agreement, the older brother continued the discussion of opposites, using the common example of fire and water. Substituting family members into those spaces, he wasn't sure if Locha got along so well with Serefina. That would depend on the reaction with opposites, of which he happened to mention later in his explanation. Yet somehow, this part of the conversation linked right back to their previous words with the reaction of lava and ocean creating rock. From stone there was flora. Perhaps these reaction weren't as negative as he imagined them earlier, although it did assure him of the strong connections that ran within the family.

After passing out a compliment on the earthen male's intelligence, which was acknowledged with a thankful dip of his skull, Voltage asked for his opinion on a pack. He could tell it wasn't a random thought that had just appeared in his mind. He had to have been thinking about this for a while now.

"A pack?" He softly murmured half to himself, repeating it only once. Now, of course he understood the differences between the current state of their home and a pack. A pack was more established with strict laws as well as separate duties. Currently, the family was way off the track with responsibility, not that there was a problem with that. He'd love to have lazy days every day, however that wasn't what we was built for. He had some brains worth using, why put his knowledge and effort to waste?
"Yes, you certainly have my support." The earthen male answered with an eager wag of his tail. Leadership was no dilemma as he was sure his older brothers were more than capable of such positions. There was something else bothering him. "But," There always was a but. "will the family be able to pull in their part? We need everyone's contribution in a pack."

"Speech!"

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-01-2015, 01:46 AM

WHEN EVERYTHING IS WRONG

Voltage would smile his easy smile and turned his eyes towards the ground, watching his paws move and press against the pretty petals of the redbud trees. A strong sense of serenity washed over him as he sighed, turning his attention back to his nature loving brother. He seemed to mull over Volty's question for a short while, murmuring softly to himself, and the eldest could only smile and wait. It was an easy feeling, something he felt with Solaris, and he was quite happy to wait for a well thought answer, rather than something that they might think would please him. So he waited, turning to look out at the shadows once more and breathing in the warm air. When Terrae continued, he turned back to him, offering his brother his full and undivided attention. With a grin he would dip his head, allowing Terrae's support to wash over him. It was almost like some insecurity washed away, and perhaps it did. He nearly feared the idea that his brother, or the rest of the family even, wouldn't support his and Glacier's idea...decision.

But. Naturally, his level headed brother would find something to question, and it wasn't a negative thing. He adored that someone could see past the positives and root out what could be the negatives, root out what needed to be worked on. Voltage would hum just slightly, mulling it over before he grinned. "Well, I certainly believe so. Everyone seems rather commited to our future, to our family." He said with a gentle smile, looking at him. "I believe...I hope that if everyone were to get a job, something that they enjoy and thrive in, they would settle and flourish. I believe that some sort of...stability will pull everyone together even more." He said softly, but clearly, turning his eyes back towards the earth beneath him. "Everyone will do their part..."

"Speech!"

Voltage Elementas

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-02-2015, 04:56 AM

so famously undone

Mirroring his brother's previous attention, he listened keenly to the opinion being spoken. Pulling out the important parts from his words, it seemed the same conversation had been given to every other family member, unless Voltage knew the family would commit to a new lifestyle they were never informed of. As any future leader should do, the elder brother was asking for everyone's say in this matter, rather than selfishly doing whatever it is he wanted. That was what he wanted to see later when the pack was established.

He could only hope the family would put in as much effort as they did with their current socializing, not that he doubted them. This brought him to the next part of their clarifying discussion with ranks. Positions weren't the only aspect of the pack he desired knowledge of, there were also laws and the general atmosphere of the pack itself. The older brothers were free to shape this future however they wanted, but at least some notification would leave him pleased. Knowing his family oh so well, he assumed the pack would be quite relaxed and laid back, yet striving for responsibility and discipline.  
"What have you planned so far? Rules? Positions?" Despite his heavy curiosity telling him to ask an awful lot of questions, he inquired in the least demanding of tones. The pack wouldn't be formed till the near future, so if Voltage had not planned that far, he would accept that. Of course, such decisions should not be rushed.

"Speech!"