Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
02-16-2015, 05:26 PM

Seeking a respite from the festivities, Valentine wandered away from the main gathering. He followed a familiar path, one he'd taken many times, that led directly to the moor. In fact, it was the same path he'd taken the day he'd been struck by lightning. The brute had recovered since then, the only reminder he carried from that day was a web of thin scars that ran from his shoulder to his paw. It was funny how so much had changed since then. He'd grown up. Started a pack, started a family. Made a life for himself.

The brute shook off the weird nostalgic feeling. He was looking for a break not a trip down memory lane. Their time here wasn't quite over and it would do him no good to lose focus. A clear winner had yet to be announced. Oh, how he loved the idea of his mother announcing Imperium's victory in front of everyone.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
02-16-2015, 05:35 PM

The tournament had taken an interesting turn when Daegmar demanded payment, but so far things had been going smoothly. Even the children were enjoying themselves. But when her son departed from the crowd, she would follow. She still needed to speak to him, to clear up a few things and she had feeling it would be awhile before she go him alone again. "I'd say things are going rather smoothly." She would state as she sought to come up beside him, a smirk toying with her dark lips. She would peer up at him, a brow lifted. He still owed her a spar, it had been so long since she had last sparred with her son, if she ever had. Paws pressed into a well worn path, soon they would be headed into the moor. As she looked around, it dawned on her that this was were he had been struck by lightning so many months ago. He had recovered well, well enough that he now sat on a throne of his own.

"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

02-16-2015, 05:51 PM

His mother's voice as she came up beside him drew Valentine's attention away from the distance. "I'd say things are going rather smoothly." He nodded, one corner of his mouth rising impishly. "I agree. Not too many squabbles among the masses, although I doubt the kids will make up any time soon." He was still holding out hope that they would. They were family after all; liking one another may never be an option, but surely they could put aside their dislike for one another and come to the other's defense if necessary. In any case, it didn't hurt to hope, right?
""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
02-16-2015, 08:05 PM

He son would agree as she came up beside him, and with his words, she couldn't help but smirk. The children had indeed gotten off to a rough start with each other, but they were young, soon enough they would learn the important of family, whether or not they wanted to. "They'll learn soon enough, they are still young." She would comment, she wasnt overly worried that Angelus and Viola would forever be at each others throat. "Besides a little rivalry never hurt anyone." Amusement and mischief danced across her features, glancing up at her son. "And speaking of rivalry, it seems as though you have formed a few rivals of your own." The tiny green woman would immediately come to mind, and briefly she would wondering how her pack was doing so far. Did Valentine know of the pack? Or had the little she-devil left him in the dark? Just as she had went she found her way here.

"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

02-16-2015, 09:02 PM

"They'll learn soon enough, they are still young." He nodded. Perhaps repeated exposure would do the trick. Either that or it would make it worse, but they were indeed young. Time would tell. "Besides a little rivalry never hurt anyone." He chuckled and conceded with a nod. "In that case I'm willing to bet we're going to raise fine warriors."

"And speaking of rivalry, it seems as though you have formed a few rivals of your own." This statement drew his browspots heavenward. "Have I, now?" How interesting. A rival. It couldn't be a family member of one of those puny Destructions, could it? As far as he knew, there'd been no time for them to call for help and he'd scoured the Range after taking it over. Who then had enough of a beef with him for it to reach Cataleya's ears? An ex-lover? He had a few of those, but as far as he knew, they'd left his presence far from disgruntled. "Do tell," he purred.

"Talk" Think "You"

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
02-16-2015, 09:35 PM

A chuckle of her own would follow his words. He had a point, perhaps their childrens rivalry could forge them into excellent warriors and an even better team. But when she spoke of a rival, his interest spiked, as he seemed to have no clue what so ever. A brow would lift in question. He wished for answers, husky words beckoning for her to spill more information. "Not to long ago, a little she-devil showed up, telling me that my son was growing soft." Despite her cool words, her expression would sharpen, eyes narrowing as she stopped her movements, turning fractionally to face him better. She continued speaking, not bothering to give him a chance to explain himself, he would have his chance. "Rumors are a dangerous thing. I do not ask that you rule the same way I do, it is your own pack to do as you wish. But when one starts a fire, it very quickly gets out of control." Coral gaze clashes with his own cyan gaze. "So tell me, have you gotten soft?" She would inquire, words deceptively soft, eyes searching his face with serious intent.

"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

02-21-2015, 11:51 AM

"Not to long ago, a little she-devil showed up, telling me that my son was growing soft." A little she-devil? His eyes narrowed. She-devil. Why that word? Why not bitch or any other commonplace demeaning word? Little she-devil. He only knew of one little "devil". Dione.

His expression cool, he said curtly, "If by 'soft' you mean a strong appreciation for pretty beings, then yes, I'm soft." But come on, who didn't love pretty people? "You're right. Rumors are a dangerous thing." So, Dione felt like slandering him, eh? What had she been hoping for? To weaken his alliance? To cause trouble for him? Probably. She was slimy enough not to face him herself, but spreading lies was right up her alley.

He met her gaze unflinchingly. "Which is why I intend to fix it. That being said, my slanderer is of the lowest quality. I know exactly who you're talking about. Her time in Imperium was short because she is respectless and shifty. She skulked around the packlands and never once contributed to its betterment." Her leaving had spared him the task of kicking her out, something he had been mulling over long before she'd flounced out of the meeting. It was entirely his fault for not realizing it sooner, but Dione's world revolved around her. She was incapable of being a valued member of society. "If she somehow manages to slink back here before I deal with her, call me. We have much to discuss."

"Talk" Think "You"

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
02-27-2015, 11:36 PM

His tone was curt, though she couldn't help but smirk when he spoke of the 'pretty' things in life. She couldn't disagree, though it wasnt her style. He met her gaze, speaking of retribution. Brows would lift, in a mixture of surprise and interest. He knew who she spoke of, and he spoke ill of her. Despite it all, she was more inclined to believe her own son before the word of a stranger. Should she ever return, he wanted to be presence. A sneer curled her lips. "Of course." She would not miss the chance to see for her own eyes that her son was a capable leader, and capable of putting to rest any problems. "What do you intend to do?" Her crown tipped to the side, interest evident in her gaze. Would he take her life? Strip her of her crown? Dismantle any family she had? And oh what she wouldn't give to be watching from the sidelines. Her bloodline would continue, proud and strong, undefeated by those who were so evidently beneath them.

"Speech"