Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
03-02-2015, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2015, 10:12 PM by Epiphron.)

The silence of the mangrove was deeply soothing. The warmth of the summer afternoon, though quite intense at times, was much more bearable under the shelter of the tall mangrove trees. The sun, perched almost directly overhead, cast its rays down on the canopy of trees above, though only small slivers of light managed to get through to the densest part of the forest. A sigh of contentment left Epiphron's lips as she wandered through the damp soil, navigating across the drier parts of the land as she searched for somewhere to rest.

Only when she found a particularly tempting patch of dry earth would she move to lower herself to the gnarled roots of one of the trees that stood nearby. She had quickly grown fond of the mangroves trees, with their tangled roots and tall, twisting boughs. Even the wet soil had become familiar to her, and she'd become used to wading paw-deep in water as she traversed the territory. For now, though, she would welcome the dry patch of land as she made to recline among the roots of the tree, wanting to bask in the serenity of the warm day.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
03-04-2015, 10:23 AM

Leo made his way through the Mangroves, his paws causing ripples and quiet sloshes as he padded through the ever present water. He was finally beginning to settle into the concept of pack life. Of course he had been born into this life and had even thought about seeking it out before he found out his mother was ruling again, but it was still an adjustment to the freedom his days as a loner had provided. It had been quite the change, but one he had welcomed.

His ears perked and a smile touched his lips when a breeze wafting through the Mangrove trees brought his mother's scent to him. He turned his path toward the scent and soon enough he spotted her pale form lounging among the roots. His smile widened as he moved toward her and leaned down so he could nuzzle her cheek affectionately. "Hello, Momma. It looks like you've found yourself a comfortable spot." He chuckled softly and settled onto his haunches, glad to take advantage of the dry land and be free of the water if even for a moment. "How are you? I feel like I haven't really gotten to talk to you since I arrived."

"Talk" "You" Think

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
03-13-2015, 07:24 AM
Only when she had lost her husband had she realized that her children were all she really needed. All of her children had been unexpected, accidents even -- and though being a mother had been an utterly foreign concept once, now it felt like the most natural thing she'd ever done. Not only was it her role, it was her identity, the very foundation of her being. How had it taken her so long to realize they were all she needed?

Her thoughts were broken by her son's welcome arrival. A smile lit up her face, a genuine expression of joy and warmth, as her tail began to slap the ground behind her. "Good afternoon, Leo," she greeted him with a soft laugh as he moved to nuzzle her. She returned the embrace gladly, placing a simple kiss on his cheek. "It can be surprisingly difficult to find somewhere dry to see around here." Even if she was chest-deep in water right now, she wouldn't care much, not when she was with her son.

He asked how she was, and she would consider the question for a moment. "Really good," she admitted after a moment of hesitation. "It's incredible to have our family together again." Things would never be exactly like they had been once, but she wasn't even aiming for that. Just being together was huge. "And what about you, Leo?"

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
03-17-2015, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2015, 04:31 PM by Leo.)

Leo nodded in agreement when his mother mentioned how amazing it was to have almost all of their family together in one place again. He had honestly thought it would never be possible after how they had scattered before, but here they all were and he couldn't be happier. He smiled, happy to hear that his mother was doing well. The well being of his family members was always one of his biggest concerns. Just to see his mother happy after all of the turmoil she had been through was wonderful.

She turned the attention back on him and he pondered it breifly before replying, "I'm really good as well. I'm just happy to be with all of you again. Readjusting back to pack life has been a little hard, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it." After a beat of hesitation he added, "I just wish there was something more I could be doing to help. I just can't figure out what that something is." He looked to her curiously, wondering if she had anything she might need help with in particular or any suggestions he might could follow.

"Talk" "You" Think

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
03-19-2015, 09:51 AM
The humid, sometimes swamp-like nature of the mangrove was a refreshing change for her. For so many seasons, memories had plagued her incessantly, following her like a dark raincloud -- and here, things were so different that she didn't need to be reminded of the familiar territory that Seracia had once controlled, nor the flat plains of Valhalla that she had known as home once. This was a fresh start. Still, she wished Isolde and Quintus would here, but perhaps in time they might show themselves..

"I agree," she stated easily. It was difficult for her too, though much more enjoyable than anything.  "I can't believe I spent so long without you kids." A smile would tease her lips as she leaned over to nudge him, a bit playfully. "Have you spent much time with Cassius or Arian recently?" came her sudden question. Perhaps spending more time with Leo would do both of them some good, even though she knew her youngest litter hadn't spent much time with her oldest children, not as much as they should have. "I think they could use some care," she admitted finally when he alluded to the fact that he wished there was more he could do. "They've been through a lot -- I'm not entirely sure what, but they're fragile. The rest of the pack is fine. We're all settling in. But I think those two could use a good friend right now." Her smile softened as she gazed at him. Perhaps soon, once their ranks filled out a bit more, they would begin to hold meetings... but for now, it seemed they were all simply adjusting to being around one another again.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
03-27-2015, 04:48 PM
"Speech"

Leo gave a little shake of his head when his mother mentioned two of his siblings, asking if he had spent time with them recently. He hadn't really gotten a chance to spend time with any of his siblings besides in passing, but there was definitely a distinct lack of time spent with Cassius and Arian in particular. He gave a little nod of understanding and replied, "I'll try to find them soon then," he replied with a little smile. "The last time I talked to Cassius it didn't go very well... but maybe now is a good time to try again." He thought back to how upset Cassius had been with him the last time they spoke and even looking back on it now he still couldn't quite understand why so much anger had been directed toward him.

He chuckled softly after a moment of silence had stretched between them. "Ya know, I really wanted to have a pack of my own one day when I was younger. I don't know, maybe I still do." He shrugged and smiled a little. "Either way, I'm really glad I get to live with you like this again so I can learn from you. There's definately a lot more to being part of a pack than I thought."

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
03-29-2015, 03:57 PM
A look of slight surprise crossed her features when Leo mentioned talking to Cassius.  "Hmm,"  Epiphron would muse softly, considering. Their last conversation hadn't gone well?  "I don't know what all he has been through,"  she'd state a bit somberly, a soft sigh falling from her lips.  "But he certainly has hard things hard. Perhaps now that he is safe here with us, talking to him might be a bit easier." Someday, she hoped Cassius might be as independent as she hoped he could be, but until then they would all collectively care for him when he needed it.

She'd smile gently at the thought that all of her children were together again -- even if things were taking some getting used to.  "Well, I don't know how many years I'll want to rule," she'd reply conversationally, chuckling softly at Leo's admission.  "Perhaps you can rule in my place someday." Honestly, she couldn't imagine anyone else taking over for her rather than one of her children, and Leo was as likely a contender as anyone else.  "Though it's definitely all fun and games. Though there is significantly less drama in a pack full of family." Her eyes sparkled as she watched him, slowly lowering her head to rest it on her paws.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
04-25-2015, 11:55 PM

Leo nodded in understanding when his mother mentioned that it might be easier to speak with Cassius now. He certainly hoped so. He hated this separation that he felt like there was between him and his sibling. He want to be close with each and everyone of his siblings. He really needed to talk with all of them, just just Cassius. He had promised Amalia that he would try to spend some time with her adopted children as well at some point... he certainly had a lot of socializing to do!

When his mother mentioned the possibility of him ruling after her he couldn't help the grin that crossed his muzzle. His tail wagged a little behind him. It was an exciting thought, he couldn't deny that. He chuckled and nodded again when she said it wasn't all fun and games. "I'm sure that's very true. If anyone would know it'd be you, hm?" He chuckled again and let his gaze drift over the area around them. "How come you wanted to keep the pack here when you took over?" he asked curiously, his sapphire gaze coming back to rest on her. "It's as good a place as any I'm sure, it's just really... wet."

"Talk" "You" Think

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
04-27-2015, 07:37 AM
Things in Fiori were much easier than they had been in her childrens' birth-pack. They were unburdened with the pressure of politics, far away from the possibility of war and chaos. Perhaps the serenity could be a bit boring at times, but it was safe; and safety for her family was what she craved most these days. She honestly couldn't imagine what might tear them apart, if ever. If one of her children wanted to rule, they could simply ask her -- and if their land was claimed for? They could fight for it, and if they failed, they could simply find somewhere else to live. So long as they were together..

Leo's question about why she'd chosen to stay here elicited a smile from her.  "You know, you're the first one to ask me that," she'd say with a gentle laugh at his comment about it being quite wet.  "I suppose I just wanted something.. different. I'm not too fond of the lands further north, and the more western lands hold too many memories for me." She wondered if her children felt the same.  "I wanted a fresh start for us." A moment of consideration was given as she watched Leo, wondering something. "Where would you chose to live? If you had a pack of your own?" It was merely a conversational question, but her interest was genuine and she'd tilt her head slightly before setting it down on her paws and gazing at her son.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
05-05-2015, 03:24 PM

Leo smiled a little and listened intently as his mother explained her reasoning of her choice in their current home. They were good, logical reasons and ones he could fully understand. A small part of him still wished that she had perhaps picked a place with more dry land than this one had, but he lived here without problem or complaint. Honestly, as long as he was living near his family he would live anywhere.

His head tipped to the side with thought at the question she posed for him. He hummed quietly and thought it over carefully. This wasn't something he just wanted to blurt an answer out for. He knew it was just a casual question, but it had been something that he had seriously thought about for quite a while when he was younger with much more grand dreams than he had now. "I had always thought, when I was younger and planning all this stuff out, that I would go back to The Range. The idea of taking back my first home seemed very poetic I guess." He smiled a little and went on, "But if not there then perhaps somewhere else in the East? It is a good section of Alacritis... I have to agree with you on not being a fan of the North and the West seems like it's mostly dry and deserty. Perhaps one of the woods near here?"  

"Talk" "You" Think