Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
03-22-2015, 03:40 PM

The conversation took a serious turn. Rhythm voiced a question that, by the way her gaze sunk to her paws, Valen guessed she'd been holding onto. The brute frowned. If the answer meant so much to her, why hadn't she asked sooner? "Where are we going?" At first glance they appeared to be easy questions to answer, but that was assuming the answerer knew himself well. Valentine did not.

The brute's eyes searched the ceiling, his gaze trailing the rafters high over head. It was complicated. "I don't know," he said simply. "And I know that's an awful answer, but I really don't know. I know you're different, that what we have is different than the relationships I've had before."

Eager for her thoughts, he flipped the questions around. "What do you think of me and where do you think we're going?"

"Talk" Think "You"

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-22-2015, 04:20 PM

She didn't know what to expect really, that was really what had made the question so difficult. Still she found herself glancing up at him, his own gaze focused on the wooden ceiling above them. She felt nervous, like she was standing on the edge of some tall precipice. Butterflies danced in her stomach, and where her shoulder touched his it seemed a wild fire was just itching to start. She tried to ignore the thought of Cascade's words about 'scratching the itch' and just fooling around. There was obviously more to their dynamic than physical attraction.

At first her dark ears would fall at his answer, uncertainty lacing his words. Though as he explained he'd confess how special she was, different from any other he'd been with. Her heartbeat would flutter heavily beneath her chest as he asked her exactly what she thought. She thought her chest might explode from the increase in her heart rate. Though answering those same questions was only fair, even if she had no better clue than he. Taking a deep breath, and finding her gaze lingering on his chest she would offer her thoughts. "I really like you Valen. I trust you, maybe more than I should, but I feel safe with you." She'd lean her head into his neck, "I don't know where we're going either, but I like being so close to you. I like your laugh and the way you make me smile with out even trying. " She'd find said smile playing on her features now as she peeked up at him. "I even like the butterflies I get when you're around." She'd flash an amused grin as she shifted her gaze to his tall features.
""

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

03-22-2015, 05:19 PM

Her response caused his cheeks to flush with pleasure and a wave of relief to wash over him. A part of him, a very small one, had been afraid that her queries would lead to a revelation, that she'd been mulling over the end of their time together and/or that his uncertain response would be the final nail in the coffin. Her words were a balm; soothing his fears. Somehow she managed to voice his own feelings. Valentine couldn't help the smile the slowly brightened his features. "I feel the same way."

Rhythm leaned into him and Valen tucked his chin so he could nuzzle the top of her head. She spoke of butterflies and the brute found himself smiling into her fur. "You make me feel different." She calmed him, made him want to be a better person. "A better kind of different," he murmured.

He leaned into her, his head rising from her crown only to snake around behind her neck so he could rest his chin there in a pseudo-hug. On a whim Valentine decided to nibble along the back of Rhythm's neck, hoping to pepper her scruff in kisses.

"Talk" Think "You"

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-22-2015, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 07:07 PM by Rhythm.)
She wouldn't have ever guessed he worried over where their relationship went. He always seemed completely confident in everything he did but even as he spoke of his own take there was an obvious lack of knowledge. Not that she did much better, but he'd echo his sentiments, yes he knew exactly how she felt because those same feelings lingered in his heart. She felt like she was flying as he said it, still sure her heart would beat out of her chest.

As she leaned into him he would nuzzle the top of her head affectionately, His deep voice sounding to explain how it was she made him feel. She was different. Her smile might have grown to big for her face too, it was a better different. He'd whisper into her fur before shifting slightly, his neck wrapping around to hug her affectionately. She would sigh contentedly before feeling his muzzle in her fur. The bright eyed girl would practically purr in delight as tiny shivers raced over her skin.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

03-22-2015, 08:26 PM

Contentment swept over him. Valen could sit there for hours and just hold her. Absentmindedly he traced the curve of her neck, allowing himself, for the first time, to explore the figure that had captivated him from day one--something he'd struggled with resisting more than once. He could feel the little shivers his touch created and a ghost of a pleased smile teased up the corners of his lips. Perhaps it was a bit silly, but he found himself breathing in the scent of her; Rhythm's usual musk sweetened further by her heat.

Pausing, Valentine leaned back so he could see her face. His tone teasing, he queried, "How are those butterflies now?" The temptation to lean forward, wrap her up in his arms and continue his exploration was great.

"Talk" Think "You"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-22-2015, 08:51 PM
Feeling him just hold her was a more than pleasant experience. She would have happily sat there letting him snuggle her the rest of the day. His gentle caress over her neck was electrifying and it was all she could do to sit still. Rhythm would lean into the touch, enjoying every moment Of his attention. Even through the nervousness in her belly and erratic beating of her heart, Valtine would even ask about her little stomach pets As he leaned back to tease her. She'd shake herself out, "They are trying to escape I'm pretty sure." she would admit both amusedly and with an obvious fluster. Fee features had become flushed and Rhythn would again become quite aware of how alone they were. The thought didn't help her butterflies in the least.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

03-22-2015, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 09:37 PM by Valentine.)

"They are trying to escape I'm pretty sure." An impish grin reminiscent of a cheshire cat's brightened his features considerably. That's what he'd been hoping for. He leaned forward to playfully nip at her nose before tucking his chin and regarding with an unreadable expression. He had a question, one that had been lurking at the back of his mind and nagging at him since its creation. She looked flustered and a bit breathless, and he couldn't help but wonder if... "What you said earlier...was it true?" Her confession of innocence, that is. The brute had a feeling he hadn't misunderstood her after she'd said it, but after his statement had fallen flat Valen had covered his mistake with the promise of a swamp run.

"Talk" Think "You"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-22-2015, 10:37 PM

His grin brightened and her nerves fluttered again excitedly, though she tried to keep her tail tucked she couldn't help it's exuberant swipes. Her own smile was brightened, and he'd elicit a giggle from her lips as he nipped playfully at her dark nose. Not that it lasted terribly long, she would eye him carefully as he pulled his features back with a much more subdued expression. Her features would question him, her curiosity of his thoughts apparent as she tilted her head. He would finally voice his question, his expression still giving her no clue to what he was actually thinking about said question What had she said earlier.. Oh. Her eyes would widen and her face would grow quite a bit more red. "It is. So much so that I haven't even had a real first kiss." Rhythm had never really put herself out there in that way, not having any desire to share herself with someone she didn't love.

""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

03-23-2015, 07:53 PM

Her statement sent him scrambling to hide the surprise that immediately crossed his face. He hadn't found it too terribly hard to believe that she'd never been with anyone given the general sense of innocence she exuded, but not even a kiss? Granted, he didn't place much stock in kissing, and it always felt kind of silly to him, but really?

There was a purpose behind his question. While they were being honest Valentine figured they may as well get everything out in the open. "And," he said slowly, trying to pick his words with care, "I'm sure you are aware that I'm..." Kind of a whore? A man ho? King of the sluts? "A bit more experienced than that." Cascade and his kids aside, did she get what he was saying?

"Talk" Think "You"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-23-2015, 08:21 PM

His look of surprise pulled her ears to her skull, she was definitely not a usual case but she felt a little embarrassed at her inexperience. "uh, yeah." she'd try to avoid his gaze but there was more. Dark ears would perk back up to his next words, they were slow like he was trying to figure out the exact right words. She wasn't sure how well she'd answer the question. She knew one wolf he'd been with, and by definition of her rank she knew there was no reservation about others. "I figured..." She'd finally answer, her gaze lingering on his. "I'm kind of nervous to know how much 'a bit' is though," not that she was really asking. "I.. hmm. You haven't stopped because you've been seeing me either, I've guessed?" She didn't mean for her voice to slip, but there was an obvious tinge of jealousy in her voice as she said it making her cringe slightly at the sound of it. She didn't have to doubt her place in his life so much anymore. Yeah there were a lot of questions still, but she was different and she knew she meant something to him. So why did she still feel so squirmy when faced head on with this knowledge?
""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

03-23-2015, 08:48 PM

"I'm kind of nervous to know how much 'a bit' is though." It wasn't really that funny, but he chuckled anyway. A bit was...actually a gross understatement. Was that what made it funny? Or was it her asking? How about his nerves?

Her voice changed as she asked her question, tone slipping into something he couldn't quite place. Honestly Valentine wasn't ashamed of those he was with. Perhaps another would have considered it cheating, but he did not. Monogamy suited many, to them it was part of loving someone, a show of solidarity, but for reasons he couldn't place, the brute didn't share that belief.

His tone unflinching and unapologetic, he answered her question. "I haven't." Only once he'd given his answer did the brute hesitate. "Does that bother you?" If they were to continue on with their relationship, Valentine figured they needed to sort this out now before they got any further. He was being honest and he hoped she felt she could do the same.

"Talk" Think "You"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-23-2015, 09:06 PM

Rhythm had grown up with th examples of relationships were completely faithful to one another. As far as she knew her parents and grandparents had only been with one partner their whole lifetime. For her whole life that was what she saw herself living. Being here though and getting close to both Valentine and Kyarst, she could see how easy it might be to slip from that vision.

Valen didn't hesitate to answer, she wouldn't flinch having expected it. Did it bother her? "It's kind of relieving actually." She'd felt a little guilty about her feelings for Kyarst, not that she'd admitted it to herself until now. How about an explanation? "I mean, it did bother me. Not that I let myself think about it." She had a whole lot more on her mind than who someone she'd only been on a few dates with was having sex with. "Then I started feeling bad because I started liking Kyarst too.." All the honest. "Does that bother you?" She'd try to hold his gaze, man there was a whole lot of confessions coming out today. It felt.. really good. (so far)
""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

03-24-2015, 09:08 PM

Relieving? Out of all the reactions he'd considered that wasn't one of them. She went on to elaborate. When she reached the part about Kyarst he immediately went cold; the chill reversing quite suddenly into a white hot fire. It was one thing for her to crush on someone, but it was another thing entirely for someone to crush on her. Did Kyarst share her feelings? Rhythm's heat was unmistakable, had he thought of sleeping with her? With his alpha's odalisque? If it was a mutual thing, how long had the little Armada prick been looking him in the eye while seeing Rhythm behind his back? The thought made Valen want to gut the Praesidio simply to watch him writhe.

With some effort he tamed the jealous rage that threatened to send him flying across the packlands on a witch hunt; Valentine tamped it down and smothered it under a thoughtful facade. "Hmmmm," he rumbled, eyes searching the rafters as he tried to figure out what was behind his visceral reaction. He didn't think he minded her liking someone, however, that feeling being reciprocated was another matter.

They were going for honesty, so in the end that's what he went with. "Yes, it does bother me." He'd been brought up on the idea that whatever he wanted was his. Period. And he wanted Rhythm. It occurred to him that Cascade may have been onto something. He tipped his head to the side slightly, then relented, "Not so much you liking someone else as someone else liking you." Unspoken were the words 'it makes me want to kill somebody.' "And him being someone who serves my pack makes me a bit uneasy too."

"Talk" Think "You"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-24-2015, 11:03 PM

It took him a long time to answer, and for a moment she felt kind of worried about what he was going to say. He was very stiff, and it seemed he was putting a lot of deep thoughts into her words. She was afraid to show her affection but she couldn't help her muzzle nuzzling into the thick fur of his neck for comfort. Eventually she would hear him rumble thoughtfully, never would she have guessed the jealousy that filled him as she said the words. In the end he would admit that it indeed bothered him. Her dark ears would fall to her ears, but he had not finished explaining. However it wasn't her he was worried about but the one who might reciprocate such feelings. Valentine was obviously serious about this as well, and she felt a bit of panic for Kyarst. The last thing she wanted was to have gotten him in trouble with their alpha.

She still wasn't completely sure what their relationship really was, but she knew how much she cared for the cobalt King. Knew that she didn't want to be with out him near. What he said though, the words brought her back to the first few moments after they'd left Cascade. Did she really belong to him? He'd assured her no at the time, but now? "I can't speak for him, but I have no intentions of being anything but friends." Rhythm would tell him, hopefully dissipating the heat that was on her Armada friend. She'd lean into him further, trying to think how she might brighten their conversation. All these truths they'd exchanged were exhausting. A soft smile would slide on to her features, it really did feel good to talk to him. "Any other secrets I should know?" She'd ask amusedly, reaching up to place a tender kiss on his cheek.
""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

03-25-2015, 08:28 PM

He made no comment regarding her statement about Kyarst. Honestly he hadn't decided what he wanted to do--if he wanted to do anything. The brute was leaning towards no and would likely remain that way unless evidence against the Praesidio came to light. Without questioning or observing the other's interest it was hard to justify a persecution.

Rhythm leaned into him, once again reminding him of how close she was, and the brute absentmindedly reached down to gently touch her cheek. "Any other secrets I should know?" That was a good question, but before he could dwell on it, she stretched up to place a kiss on his cheek. The affection drew a sly smile from him and momentarily redirected his thoughts. "I'm a little rusty on what exactly a kiss is." There were far more interesting things to do with a pretty person. "Does that count as a first one?"

Back to serious. Was there anything else he needed to share? There wasn't really anything that he considered a secret; Valentine wasn't shy in his actions. He didn't really care who knew what (or who) he did. Hmmmm...there were things he'd never expressly told her and although he hadn't hidden them, they were possibly things she'd want to know. "I suppose you know about Nagendra." He frowned thoughtfully. "I have no secrets. Perhaps it would be easier for you to ask any questions you have concerns about?"

"Talk" Think "You"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-26-2015, 12:45 AM

Their conversation would flow away from Kyarst as she went on to ask about any other secrets that might be lingering. He wouldn't give her any more commentary on that discussion as she leaned in, he seemed to not even think about leaning in for an affectionate touch. She liked the feeling of him being so close to her, and giving him her kiss seemed natural. He'd flash her a smile at that, pointing out that this might be a first kiss? "Not quite, but this one is." She'd push herself up again, this time aiming for his dark lips with her salmon colored tongue. A tender moment before the pair would return to an almost seriousness.

Her form would settle back to a more relaxed state leaning in to his shoulder, now that she was so close there was little desire to remove herself. She'd find her gaze trying to catch his as he let slip another name, Nagendra? There was a slight look of surprise that overtook her but the conversation she'd had with the other man would take on a whole new meaning after this information. Another man she had found herself flirting with lightly, interesting. She enjoyed the handsome brute's company, but obviously not in the same way Valentine did. Now she fell like she was being left out of some special club. "No wonder you haven't hardly looked twice at me." She found herself slightly amused but now her face was becoming quite flush. She couldn't deny how good it felt being out of her comfort zone, a scary gut twisting kind of good. She felt kind of brave and would dare to go on, why had he refrained from a more intimate touch? "Why haven't you.. You've been with these other wolves... Is there a reason you.. haven't been with me?" Wow that was a lot more awkward than she'd intended. She would sink into him just a little, again more than unsure of the answer she'd get.
""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

03-26-2015, 07:35 PM

A hint of a smile ghosted across his features after she gave him her first kiss, but he didn't have long to dwell on it before she took in his question. He wasn't entirely sure how to take her second comment, but she didn't look too terribly flustered by his statement. Perhaps it was the admission that he was interested in brutes as well? Did that surprise her? That he could understand. "Miss Rhythm," he said, chastising softly, "I have been looking at you since the day we met. Don't you dare think otherwise."

Valentine didn't find her question awkward at all. He was an open book; his secrets were right there for the taking and if there was one area in his life that he wasn't the least bit shy, it was his sex life. How could he be if he gave it so easily? This struck him as more than a question about physical intimacy and for a second he was quiet as he chose his words. "I did say you're different," he began with a slight smile. "You said you didn't want to rush into things and I like you enough that I don't mind waiting." Many of his relationships began and ended with sex. He paused, feeling ridiculous. "I want to get to know you not just your body."

"Talk" Think "You"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-26-2015, 10:30 PM

Valentine's serious seemed to shift to a mock sternness after she'd made her comment, choosing not to say much else about Nagendra. She had to admit the other man was incredibly attractive, she really wasn't entirely surprised that Valentine had taken notice of the brute that had once saved her life. Maybe that was worth mentioning? She wouldn't dwell on the other wolf though, as Valentine was very serious in his next words to her. He would address her as he had many times before, his voice sending another flutter through her belly. As well as a large smile, she had no need to worry about him not noticing her.

Silence would overcome them once more, but only for a moment as Valentine decided on his words for her. She didn't know if she should appreciate his attention to how he spoke with her, or feel bad that she wasn't easier to speak with. "I did say you're different," he'd give her smile as she looked up at him, her confidence returning at his words. She felt more relief at this, he respected that she wasn't ready to just jump into things. He wanted all of her, not just her lithe form. Rhythm found herself wiggling in her seat at his words, her features beaming up at him as she leaned into him again. Her tail would beat beside her, obviously very much pleased with his words. Was there anything else she needed to know about him?

Nothing she couldn't ask him later, she was sure this honesty thing wouldn't end with the day. Sighing contentedly the girl would nuzzle into his slate blue neck, "Mr. Valentine, you are wonderful." Now that much of what had been on her mind had been said she felt a bit lighter. There were still a lot of problems weighing down on her, but she felt quite at peace beside him now.
""