Steel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium

Famous
03-16-2015, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015, 01:26 PM by Steel.)
Each step, away from the den where his parents now lay dead, felt like a steadily tightening noose around his neck. Steel didn't know how to live without them, and yet he knew he had no other choice. He had considered burying them, but he hadn't had the strength to return to their den. It was painful to know they lay there still, probably rotting away like carrion now, but he couldn't bring himself to return to the scene. He just couldn't revisit that scene again.

A sigh left his lips as the sea came into view. Though he wasn't ready to go to the mainland again, to find any of his siblings, he needed to move. The steady movement of his paws would keep his mind from staying still for long. He squinted his eyes against the bright summer sun as he trailed closer to the massive sand-bridge that he'd traveled on to make his way to this largely uninhabited continent. The sun cast a strange glow on the land, the sand seeming to sparkle a hundred different colors. For a long time he would walk, before coming to rest near the shoreline, eying the vast distance that separated this continent from the next, wondering what he ought to do next.

Faria

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
03-16-2015, 03:23 PM

Actually a few days had passed since she'd seen Mithras or Caia, not that they were not aware of her wandering. She was completely recovered from her swim from the old land, and was ready for a solo adventure. Faria's dainty paws would carry her to a sight that was quite unexpected. The sun was high, not that the galactic she wolf minded to much, but its light would make the sands glitter in amazing rainbows of colors. She couldn't help but wander ever further.

Her fur sparkled playfully with the amazing light as the young girl walked forward, continuing to look and see where these amazing sands might lead. Curiosity played in her eyes as she made her way to the end, though she was obviously getting hot as her bright blue tongue panted through the heat. The closer she drew to the opposite shore the more clear another figure would become. She was able to make out details as she drew more near, he seemed about the same age as her but like Mith and Caia was much larger than her small form. As usual a good natured smile would play at her lips as she tilted her head curiously and stopped a bit of the way away from him before offering a greeting, "Hello," Her accent thick as she took a seat, half debating about sitting in the clear water. There was so much more to explore here, and for a moment her brilliant gaze would leave the boy to take in the scenery with wonder. "Do you live here?"

""  

Steel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium

Famous
03-16-2015, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015, 05:54 PM by Steel.)
Though he was a yearling now, he felt little more than a child. He felt utterly lost, no idea where he was meant to be in the world. Honestly, it felt like the world might actually be better without him. For a long moment, he would remain lost in his thoughts, his gaze dancing over the glimmering array of sand that spread before him, wondering how something so ordinary could seem so brilliant at the same time.

That was when he saw her. She was no ordinary wolf no; her fur was a strange array of swirling blue colors, like nothing he'd ever seen before. Steel was stunned into silence for a long moment, lifting his head to gaze at her in wonder. Though he wasn't one known for seeing beauty in everything, there was no doubt that this girl was stunning. Her coat was unlike anything he'd seen on a wolf. For a uncomfortable long moment he would gawk at her, even as she moved closer to him and began to speak. Though small, she seemed to be about the same age as himself, though somehow in grace seemed lifetimes older.

"Hi," he echoed her greeting softly. 'Do you live here?' she would ask, and he would shake his head side to side slowly. "No," he admitted slowly. A bit of curiosity glimmered in his crimson gaze, though he was wary as he lifted himself onto all fours again to eye her more easily. "I'm just padding through. Do you live here?"

Faria

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
03-16-2015, 11:00 PM

Her grin would only brighten more as she took in the look of wondered that crossed his features. As he gawked she'd take the chance to move a bit closer before he'd manage to greet her back. He'd answer question with a quick answer and return her question. While he stood up the girl would sit with her tail waving behind her eagerly. "Nope." Her answer was just as short, but really she couldn't help but explain further. "I"m just exploring. I liked the sands and decided following them was a good idea." She'd nod knowingly, "Do you have a home? Or are you like me and just live where ever you want?" There were some wolves that had one spot they always went home to, but she was a wanderer, any home she might have known was long forgotten now.

""  

Steel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium

Famous
03-17-2015, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2015, 11:16 AM by Steel.)
In a world that felt so lifeless and desolate, she was a beacon of light -- stunningly beautiful and serene, her brilliant blue fur a stark contrast to the glimmering rainbow of sand that surrounded them. For a split second, it almost felt like everything would be okay. That the pain might someday lift, that he could go on living even without his parents; but he felt the heavy weight of his loss weigh down on his shoulders as soon as he drifted back to reality. Steel didn't bother to hide the awed look that had crept across his boyish features, instead letting his jaw unhinge slightly as he watched her creep closer. It took him a moment to regain his composure, and when he did he forced his mouth closed and his brows furrowed slightly as she spoke.

The stranger answered him, saying she liked to explore and that she'd just been wandering on this beach. Soon after, she'd ask if he had a home, or if he was an explorer like her. Steel honestly wished he could've met her a season or two before, wished he could tell her he had a home with his parents, but everything had changed. "I don't have a home," he explained, a bit warily, eying her skeptically now. It was strange to him that a girl his age might not have a home, for the only reason he didn't have one had been circumstances beyond his control. Was she in a similar predicament? Or was she content to live on her own, without a pack? Did she even have family, he wondered enviously? "And I don't know where I want to live either. I'm on my own now." It seemed a decent enough explanation, and he would shrug his wide shoulders slowly after he spoke. "I'm Steel," he would explain afterward, feeling as though she ought to know his name at the very least.

Faria

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
03-17-2015, 09:01 PM

She'd eat up the wonder that played on the boy's face, she was even mores ure that he shared the same age as she. However he was already much larger than herself, but by now she was more than used to being the small one. Though the girl had lost her family as well the ones that really mattered were Mithras and Caia. Faria's family had seriously considered sacrificing the young girl to their gods when she'd been harmed by the fire. Had Mithras and Caia not been there for her then she likely would not have been here to talk to this boy now. She preferred not to dwell on thoughts like that, she had two wolves who were her comfort and support. Ria didn't know what it was like to be completely alone.

His voice brought him from such thoughts though, keeping her memories at bay as he confessed that he had no home. She wouldn't miss as his expression became more skeptical, not that she blamed him. She was a stranger, and even though she knew she only wanted to be his friend that didn't mean he did. "And I don't know where I want to live either. I'm on my own now." She wondered about his statement, she didn't want to live anywhere either, but what was really odd was that he said he was on his own now. Had he not been on his own before? Why was he alone? "I'm Faria, I travel with my brother and sister. The world is where we live." She'd giggle, the girl was naturally quite happy go lucky. "Is there anything interesting that way?" She'd point her nose towards the southern continent, she wouldn't explore it now. If he said it was cool the girl would wait for Mith and Caia to go and look around.

""  

Steel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium

Famous
03-19-2015, 08:40 AM
He could've sat and stared at her all day, if given the opportunity. His life was so depressing monotonous, and then -- as though sent from some strange world -- this girl stood before him, so beautiful and interesting and strange, entirely unlike anything he'd seen before.

She seemed interested in talking to him. Why, he had no idea. His brows would furrow, a slightly puzzled looking crossing his youthful features as she spoke again.  "Faria," he'd repeat her name, ingraining it in his memory, knowing he wouldn't forget it now -- especially now that he'd said it aloud. With wariness still, he'd take a few more slow steps forward, his paws quiet as he moved along the sandy shoreline. So she lived with her brother and sister -- they sounded like wanderers.

"No," he'd answer quickly. He knew he had to leave these lands soon, though where he would go, he wasn't sure. He didn't want to return to the coast where his parents lay dead, though he didn't know of he was ready to face his siblings just yet.  "I guess it's less populated than further north." With his muzzle, he'd gesture to the long sand bridge that he'd once crossed, seasons ago, to get here. It was much less inhabited here, if that was the sort of thing that interested her.  "It's alright though." Steel didn't quite know what made one land qualitatively more interesting than anything, but he figured Faria had likely experienced a lot more than he in terms of adventuring, especially if she didn't have one particular home, as she'd said. "Are you going down south?"

Faria

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
03-25-2015, 12:01 PM

Really Ria would have let him sit there and stare at her all day too. She was beginning to really enjoy being fawned over. Her gentle smile would remain on her dark blue lips as she'd enjoy his vibrant eyes on her. She'd offer her own name, and she'd receive a rather curious expression from him as he repeated her name, it sounded so foreign when said with his accent. It thrilled her to hear it, and that would be obvious on the brightened grin that took over her features. oh she liked this boy already. She found herself mirroring his steps over the beach, was he heading towards the water?

Her attention would focus on his words then, though her ears would fall as he told her there wasn't much behind hi, That was a disappointment, it seemed like it would have so much potential after this sparkling land bridge. Thankfully though he would continue his explanation. There wasn't much population, and it really was just okay. Though she would have to say that answer was much better than just 'no.' By the way this boy spoke she had to guess that he wasn't particularly easy to impress. That made her feel a bit more special at his stare. "Eventually I'd like to explore it, but I want to wait to go with my companions." She'd answer him easily as her eyes swept over the clear waters. "Are you going North?"

""  

Steel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium

Famous
03-28-2015, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2015, 06:36 PM by Steel.)
She seemed as content to be stared at as he was at staring; the serious boy even found a slight grin creeping over his lips, an expression that wavered momentarily across his face before disappearing. Perhaps it was Faria's foreignness that made it so easy to forget all the pain that he had been holding inside his heart, even if the relief was only temporarily. Another few wary, careful steps would be taken closer to her -- as though she might disappear into thin air if he moved too quickly. Even still, she seemed content to wander closer and his eyes would shine with interest as she spoke again.

"You have companions?" he'd probe gently. A slight feeling of jealousy tugged at his heart; though he couldn't quite place why he felt suddenly envious of her. Perhaps it was because he'd found himself alone again, or because she was completely out of his league. Not even in a romantic sort of way -- he was honestly too young to think about such things -- but just in a general sort of way. "I don't really know," he answered honestly, his voice wavering slightly. There was a rare moment of weakness that fluttered across his face, feeling a bit uncomfortable suddenly. "I have family north of here, but last time I saw them they were being held as prisoners. My parents and I escaped south, but they're dead now." It was a painful truth to admit and he'd shift his weight from one paw to the other uncomfortably as he eyed her.

Faria

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
03-31-2015, 01:50 PM

The last emotion she felt around this boy was fear, shyness was a close second. She had not a single problem being close to him, and even smiled a bit brighter as he drew more near. She liked the little smile he offered her, though all too soon it was gone again. She wanted to see him grin again, it was a nice look on his face. "I do, my two friedns I grew up with. We escaped our old pack together." Did he want to know the whole story? Of the sacrifice their family endured. Maybe. She'd try and focus on Steel and his words, he wasn't sure where he was going. His story reminded her a bit of her own, and she appreciated that he was so honest. He obviously looked uncomfortable about the decision to tell her. She'd smile softly, finding herself leaning closer, daring to close the distance between them. "Mith and Caia are really the only ones I have left. Their family was killed, my own parents even thought about taking my life." Her gaze had wandered from his form, bright blue eyes would become misty as she watched the clear waters. "Do you want someone to travel with?" She'd ask almost timidly as she found his ruby gaze once more. She would have happily walked North with him again if he wanted to try and find his family.

""  

Steel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium

Famous
04-08-2015, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2015, 09:42 AM by Steel.)

Steel couldn't help but wonder, to himself, if his parents would like this girl. She was wildly unique in appearance and her personality seemed to shine just as brightly from within. While his smile was small, it brightened his normally-serious face and he couldn't help but grin a bit wider as she spoke more. His world was so full of silence these days and he could only hope she would continue to talk to him.. though he knew that meant he'd have to keep talking, too. That was something he wasn't too good at.

She explained she was traveling with two friends -- named Mith and Caia, it seemed. The word escape was a peculiar word to use when she explained they'd left their old pack, and he found his ears twitching curiously as he pondered. "Why did you have to escape?" The boy would inquire warily. His family had escaped too, and he couldn't help but wonder if she'd had a similar sort of experience.

Another slight smile would tug at the corners of his lips. "You'd want to travel with me?" he'd question, a bewildered look settling upon his face. It struck him as a strange offer to make to someone she'd just met, but it was oddly appealing. "That'd be.. nice,"" he nodded, feeling a bit stunned. "I really need to find my brothers and sisters-" he lifted his muzzle to gesture across the Bifrost, "-because they don't know our parents are dead yet." Much closer now than he had realized, he'd lift his gaze to watch her, still a bit stunned.

Faria

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
04-08-2015, 05:59 PM

She couldn't help but to think that Steel didn't often smile on his own, she was pleased that the expression would easily play there as she spoke to him. Her eyes would almost glint with the amusement and pride she felt at putting it there. Faria lived a mostly care-free life, she went where ever she want and interacted with anyone. She was freer than a bird and she loved it. The only wolves that were important to her were here, she didn't have parents that would be missed. She could imagine his pain though, if she lost Mithras and Caia.. She didn't know what she would do. She'd crossed an ocean for them, they meant more to her than anything.

She'd focus on Steel and his words though, he'd ask why it was they needed to escape the pack they'd come from. It was hardly a pleasant story. "The elders read that their family should be sacrificed to our gods. When they ran from their fate I had to follow them." She'd tell him in a simple shortened version.

He would smile at her own question though, Her own features brightening as they shifted from the conversation. He was obviously never expecting the question she'd offer, she'd nod as he reiterated certain that she would like to travel with him. He was obviously stunned but tentatively seemed to accept her invitation. "I could help you find them!" She'd offer eagerly, "It's been a while since I've had a mission." Having a goal in front of her, a task to complete was exactly the kind of discipline she needed. Maybe they'd catch back up with Mithras and Caia by then. She'd grow a bit more somber, "Sorry to hear about your parents though."

""  

Steel

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium

Famous
04-10-2015, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2015, 09:29 AM by Steel.)

This girl, though he'd just barely met her, felt like the first friend he'd ever had -- besides from his parents and his siblings, and his nephews. The feeling was strange, but comforting in its unfamiliarity, and the smile he wore was far brighter than usual.

She seemed happy to explain what she'd meant by escaping, though sounded a bit sad at the change of topic. His smile would shift, turning into a slight frown. They were to be sacrificed to the gods? He thought quickly to Naiose, and how passionate the boy had been when he had professed his atheism to him. All he had ever heard about the gods was so bad; why did anyone believe in them? Steel would shake his head slowly, amazed. "I'm... sorry," he'd start quietly. "I'm glad you escaped." Their stories seemed quite similar in a way, and he felt a certain kinship with her despite feeling as though she was so completely different than him.

His grin widened again at her own excitement at her idea. "I'd like that," the boy agreed, sounding as stunned as he felt, though he was clearly pleased too. He'd shake his head at the mention of his parents again -- even thinking about them brought a pain to his heart that he'd rather not deal with. He knew telling his siblings was going to be hard enough. It wouldn't help to dwell on it now. "Should we cross this then?" he'd ask, gesturing to the long strip of glimmering sand that separated this land from the one to the north. "Maybe after we can find something to eat and rest for awhile."

Faria

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
04-27-2015, 05:26 PM

She felt like Steel had no more desire to speak of their horrific pasts than she did, and his apology was sympathetic. They had both suffered hardship, though for now it didn't feel like she was any stronger for it. Maybe someday she would feel that way, but for now the young girl would have to linger on those thoughts daily. "Me too," she'd answer him with a soft smile, though they would no longer linger on such sad thoughts for long.

Her excitement was infectious as she watched his own smile brighten, "I'd like that," She would squeak excitedly, "Then it's settled!" Ria's voice was eager as he asked if they should cross now and rest after they'd made it back to the Northern continent. "That plan sounds perfect!" She would bounce away from him, toward their destination. Making sure she was in the surf so she could make as much splashes as possible.

""