The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
03-31-2015, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 02:57 PM by The Judge.)
You may have noticed that the site is a little low on judges at the moment. That's all right! We are now opening up try-outs to YOU, the members. Had a lot of fun with the fight system and want to see the inner workings and learn more? Think you have what it takes to judge a fight? Well, this is your chance to prove it! Applications will be open until April 7th at 5PM Ala time, after which judges and staff will collaborate to pick the applications we feel are best suited to beginning the training. Copy and paste the code into your post and let's get started!

Please note! Being chosen for training is NOT a guarantee that you will become a judge. If by the end of training the trainers don't feel like you will be ready to be a judge, you could be dropped from the course, or held back for remedial training. So work hard and put your best foot forward!

Code:
1a. <b>How long have you been on the site total?</b>

1b. <b>If you left the site at any point and returned, how long have you been on the site since your most recent return?</b>

2. <b>How much experience do you have with using the fighting system here?</b>

3. <b>Are you able to commit to completing the training program, including judging example fights and all five required training fights, in two months? (Assuming there are enough fights to judge in those two months of course!)</b>

4. <b>Are you able to commit to judging a fight several times a month?</b>

5. <b>Do you believe you are capable of judging with complete impartiality no matter who the participants are?</b>

Fate

Loner
Prologue

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-31-2015, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 03:26 PM by Fate.)
1a. How long have you been on the site total?
I don't remember anymore >.>

1b. If you left the site at any point and returned, how long have you been on the site since your most recent return?
I've never left

2. How much experience do you have with using the fighting system here?
Not much in participating in it but plenty of stalking fight threads and judge posts if that counts?

3. Are you able to commit to completing the training program, including judging example fights and all five required training fights, in two months? (Assuming there are enough fights to judge in those two months of course!)
I'd love to go through a training program so yes!

4. Are you able to commit to judging a fight several times a month?
I am, as many as need judging!

5. Do you believe you are capable of judging with complete impartiality no matter who the participants are?
Yes, I am.
Help me with PROJECT DANCE or PLOT WITH ME

Malvarys

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Mirabelle
03-31-2015, 04:12 PM
1a. How long have you been on the site total? Ummm. A year? A bit less? Somewhere around there?

1b. If you left the site at any point and returned, how long have you been on the site since your most recent return? A week, sadly. I do not plan on leaving again, though.

2. How much experience do you have with using the fighting system here? I have only been in one fight, but I have read a ridiculous amount of threads to improve my skills

3. Are you able to commit to completing the training program, including judging example fights and all five required training fights, in two months? (Assuming there are enough fights to judge in those two months of course!) I would do it in two weeks if I could >.>

5. Do you believe you are capable of judging with complete impartiality no matter who the participants are? Yes xD I don't even know who role plays who, I jist know the characters.

Silveris

gems
size
build
player
03-31-2015, 04:12 PM
1a. How long have you been on the site total? I can't remember. XD.

1b. If you left the site at any point and returned, how long have you been on the site since your most recent return? I left a while back, but it was only for a few days because I was camping. Last Summer, I think?

2. How much experience do you have with using the fighting system here? I've been in a few fights, but not many.

3. Are you able to commit to completing the training program, including judging example fights and all five required training fights, in two months? (Assuming there are enough fights to judge in those two months of course!) Yep!

4. Are you able to commit to judging a fight several times a month? Yep!

5. Do you believe you are capable of judging with complete impartiality no matter who the participants are? Yep! I couldn't keep track of all the wolves anyways.

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
03-31-2015, 05:08 PM
1a. How long have you been on the site total? Ummm idk, I've been here since the origonal one on proboards was created was a staff member at one point, but I have left before.

1b. If you left the site at any point and returned, how long have you been on the site since your most recent return? Hmmm, a month or two perhaps since I came back.

I'm not exactly sure xD I've been in quiet a few fights, though only really won two of them with Ryouta and Lova in the glaciem seige a long long time ago Lova beat two wolves in one fight.

3. Are you able to commit to completing the training program, including judging example fights and all five required training fights, in two months? (Assuming there are enough fights to judge in those two months of course!)
I'm up for anything! I've applied to be a judge every time it opened, and it'd be really cool to be able to be involved.

Yup. I'm on almost every day aside from weekend and even then I pop into the chat box.

5. Do you believe you are capable of judging with complete impartiality no matter who the participants are?
Indeed, I've had plenty of experience in judging and grading things for friends and family without prejudice in real life.

Eros

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-01-2015, 09:54 AM
1a. How long have you been on the site total? Two years now?

1b. If you left the site at any point and returned, how long have you been on the site since your most recent return? 4 months and a bit

2. How much experience do you have with using the fighting system here? I have a little. I've been in fights, I'm just not very good at them xD

3. Are you able to commit to completing the training program, including judging example fights and all five required training fights, in two months? (Assuming there are enough fights to judge in those two months of course!) I definitely am! I spend a lot of time on Ala not posting, so having time to judge wouldn't be a problem.

I am. As I said above I'm usually around and have plenty of time spare.
5. Do you believe you are capable of judging with complete impartiality no matter who the participants are? Yes. If I were in a fight I would want it to be judged fairly. You can't get the most out of your experiences otherwise.

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-01-2015, 04:46 PM
1a. How long have you been on the site total?
Oh goodness i cant remember. Not a year but not a few months either. A while :3

1b. If you left the site at any point and returned, how long have you been on the site since your most recent return?
nope! Never left.

This one here sort of minimal, however ive been on many wolf rp sites with fighting systems like this one here, most of which i judged many many fights.

oh yes totally! I love judging and i love learning. I would commit myself to any learning plan set out before me.

I spend a grand majority of my time on Alacritis, most of which is not posting. I would love to make my time more productive.

i pride myself in my ability to be unbiased no matter if im judging between my best friend and my worst enemy.

I wish there was more questions so i could further prove my capabilities. I know my experiance on Ala is much smaller than that of other applicants, but I adore judging and taking on jobs such as this.
Thank you for your time!

-Arin

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
04-07-2015, 08:52 AM
1a. How long have you been on the site total? Since Spring of Year 3, whenever that was. I was in the Cbox for like a month before joining because I was a scaredy Iko I wanted to make sure I knew the rules before joining.

1b. If you left the site at any point and returned, how long have you been on the site since your most recent return? I don't have many characters, so I'm not always on, but the only real scarcity I took was earlier this month for medical things and I ended up posting more than usual somehow. I don't think I ever left anyone hanging in mid-plot, though.

2. How much experience do you have with using the fighting system here? I've fought a handful of fights, (Thanks Esti) but I still have a lot of room to improve myself. I'm open to suggestions and training, however, so I think I'll definitely be getting better the more I get to play with it (hopefully with Ashmedai growing up).

3. Are you able to commit to completing the training program, including judging example fights and all five required training fights, in two months? (Assuming there are enough fights to judge in those two months of course!) Yes! I'm about to pull off my scarcity and I should be good. Summer is even coming up soon, giving me (ample loads of) extra time to play on-site.

4. Are you able to commit to judging a fight several times a month? Yeah, I keep my characters manageable, so there's not a "do I post or judge" dilemma.

5. Do you believe you are capable of judging with complete impartiality no matter who the participants are? Of course!

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
04-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Judge tryouts are now closed! The judges and staff will consider all applications and get back to you as soon as possible.

Remember, being chosen to begin training is not a guarantee of becoming a judge. Judges and staff reserve the right to drop from the training anyone who is consistently not improving or behaving in a manner that is unbecoming of a judge.