Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
04-04-2015, 10:03 AM

The cool Autumn day was perfect outside. On the black sanded beach of her home the sun beat down warmly, while the breeze cooled. Locha had been enjoying the day, doing a few laps of the cove when she spotted a gaping cavern not far down the coast. Curious, the black and white furred woman swam down and hauled herself up onto the rocky shore, shook herself off and padded along to the cave.

It was absolutely massive! She'd only taken a few steps inside but that was enough for Locha to know. The sun cast a shadow on her, stretching into the cave. As The sunlight shone in, a massive expanse of rock and holes opened up. She could tell it went a lot farther back to the echoes it all made. She wondered what secrets it held.

""

Dmitri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-07-2015, 10:40 AM

Dmitri rose his head out of the water to find his vision slightly more impaired. The sun must be moving away from the holes in the ceiling now. Although there was much joy in his discovery, there was a pull in the back of his mind telling him that he didn't want to be here in the perfect darkness.

Dmitri had never seen water in this way. It was always something shallow that had to be reserved or vast and flat but useless. A cavern like this was something purely out of the wishful thinking of a pup; a protective cave with plenty of water to frolic in was just something that is impossible in the desert. Dmitri still doubted it even; it probably wasn't the safest place to be, hence why there weren't many wolves traveling through it.

He shook himself off, stretched his legs, and paced around the rocks, looking at the slope he would have to walk up. With a steady balance, he could easily do it, but if he positioned himself correctly, he could just hop to the top of it as well. With his eyes fixed on the mark, he continued to pace, occasionally crouching to prepare to spring upwards. He when he was finally ready, he stopped pacing, inhaled a deep breath,...and could smell another wolf.

Dmitri froze in that moment. Was he intruding onto a wolf's land? He certainly hoped he wasn't. They could be just another wolf that is as curious as he was? Was he willing to take the chance? For now, he just remained silent to see what would happen...

{"With hope in my voice."/'And despair on my mind.'}
Code by Andy

Locha

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
04-07-2015, 10:56 AM

Locha wandered in a little further cautiously. Every so often she would lean down her head to sniff her surroundings. It smelled strongly of the sea, as if the tide reached in, but also of fresh air. Perhaps there was an opening somewhere else. The girl stopped before a ledge, dressing in her tracks. Her ears perked as she heard the clicking of claws. Again, Locha raised her head and inhaled. Definitely wolf. With the final rays of Sun flinging on her back, lighting up the edges of silhouette, the girl strained to look down the edge to below.

"Hello?"
She called. There wasn't any hint of hostility in her voice as she spoke, her voice echoing softly around.

""

Dmitri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-07-2015, 11:36 AM

Dmitri wondered if he had actually gotten himself caught in a trap for a moment. The water couldn't possibly lead to anything more than just more water for him to drown in, and with a wolf suddenly approaching...

But what was odd was that he was just equally as curious as he was nervous. The wolf was very subtly approaching if at all. He couldn't hear a single step being made. Did they know he was in here? They had to, he wasn't exactly being very quiet. Maybe they were trying to get a stealth attack on him? Or maybe they were just as cautious and nervous as he was?

He shook himself off, stretched his legs, and paced around the rocks, looking at the slope he would have to walk up. With a steady balance, he could easily do it, but if he positioned himself correctly, he could just hop to the top of it as well. With his eyes fixed on the mark, he continued to pace, occasionally crouching to prepare to spring upwards. He when he was finally ready, he stopped pacing, inhaled a deep breath,...and could smell another wolf.

A silhouette with two glimmering eyes appeared over the caverns edge and called out into it. Dmitri had realized at that point that it must have been darker peering into the cavern than it was looking out of it. But the voice reaching out to him was calm and relaxed. He really doubted that this person had any ill intentions.

"Hello," he replied sitting down and smiling now. "Well this is a bit of a predicament. I hope I'm not trespassing on any sort of pack territory, am I? It is kind of hard to smell those kinds of things on a saltwater washed cave."

{"With hope in my voice."/'And despair on my mind.'}
Code by Andy