Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-06-2015, 11:21 AM

The man could feel the sharp Autumn winds pick and his fur. Already it was thickening, readying itself for the cold Winter to come. Even in the Summer Sage's coat never thinned too much, causing him to stay in the North most of the time to escape the heat. His paws made tracks in the light snow that mixed with the bed of pine needles that made up the forest floor. A gnawing at his belly heightened his senses considerably. Completely on auto-drive, the healer's hackles rose and his ears pricked. Bi-coloured eyes spotted an arctic rabbit nuzzling around the base of a large pine. His head lowered, Sage edged towards the rabbit. It wasn't until the last moment that the rabbit knew he was there.
It turned out, Sage realised as he settled himself at the edge of the woods, that his catch was rather large. Two plump rabbits sat in front of him. They were both still fat from summer feasting. The sun warmed his face, easing the nip of the wind and Sage found himself humming a little under his breath, a tune he hadn't heard since he was very young.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Mirabelle

Loner
Shield

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-06-2015, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2015, 04:31 PM by Mirabelle.)

If there was one thing that Mira hated, it was the damn wind. It made a mild day into something bitterly cold, and here in the North that was the opposite of necessary. Rather, it was downright annoying. However, when she gazed upon this great forest, full of trees that were taller than she could have ever imagined... it was worth it. Completely worth it. It was so beautiful, too; the trunks were a glorious red hue when hit by the sun. And when they weren't, they were a typical brown... but still beautiful, for even the width of the trunks were several times longer then she.

Her thoughts fragmented as she heard sound, and she whipped her head around to see a wolf coming around the side of a trunk, completely occupied by... two rabbits that she had failed to notice. She moved to help - and perhaps score an easy meal - but the stranger already brought them down, and she cursed silently at herself for being too focused on damn trees. Even if the trees were gigantic and pretty. She wasn't an airhead; she shouldn't have been distracted easily. No matter.. she'd just approach the male.

Eyes glittering, she scuffed the ground, warning the male of her approach. A smile crossed her maw, and she stopped a few feet away. She nodded to the rabbits, murmuring, "Nice catch, there. Good skill in getting both of them, with them so plump as well."

“speech”

[Image: cq7LziB.jpg]

Sage I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-07-2015, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2015, 10:48 AM by Sage I.)

The man's ears perked as shuffling feet made another's presence noted. Eyes opened and he turned his head towards the company. He smiled warmly as he saw a pretty woman near him. She had silky brown fur with some interesting markings. She didn't seem to be in pain, the healing side of his brain noted. She complimented his hunting quietly, making Sage chuckle warmly. He straightened himself and bowed his head, remembering his manners.

"Hello, miss. Thank you for the compliment. They are quite plump, probably a bit much for me. Would you care for one? I'm Sage, by the way. he said. He wasn't lying when he offered. He hated overeating and who was he deny a lady some of his catch?

“speech” thoughts

Mirabelle

Loner
Shield

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-07-2015, 10:53 AM

He was friendly. That was good. The smile that graced his face was returned with an easy smile from her.. and the chuckle made her grin. She had missed this interaction, she realized. She enjoyed it - and she was glad she was returning to it. It was odd, since it had been a while since she had interacted with others, but... she was pleased already with this.

She blinked in surprise at the offer; it wasn't every day someone would offer you food they caught. And yet, she got the vibe that this was no trick - this male truly was as ind as he seemed. Or so she hoped. It could be an act, hopefully not. She wouldn't treat it like one, anyways.  "Thank you, I'd like one," she murmured, voice as warm as Sage's. "My name's Mirabelle Talos, Mira for short." With that short greeting out of the way, she plopped down on the ground in front of the black male, staring at him expectantly, waiting for him to take the first bite before she tore into one herself.

“speech”

Sage I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-07-2015, 11:23 AM

Sage smiled as she accepted his offer, gently nudging over the bigger to his company. His bi-coloured eyes glinted on the sun, which was beginning to set, casting a golden glow over the  forest edge. She stated her name. Mirabelle. A very pretty name. His tail swayed gently behind him, making a little bare piece of ground where the pine needles used to be. The healer saw her waiting for himself to take a bite, so he obliged and took a mouthful. They still tasted of the summer that had passed.

“You have a very pretty name, Mira.”He said after swallowing another bite. He looked into her eyes. They were a pale yellow, reminding him of the clusters of primula that flowered in the summer. Blushing slightly he looked away, and said “Isn't the sunset beautiful today?” He wasn't lying either. The sun sent rays of bright orange into the sky and the clouds wet hinted with pink at the edges.

“speech” thoughts

Mirabelle

Loner
Shield

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-07-2015, 01:16 PM

Mira returned the tail wag with a single thump of her own, tearing into the rabbit the moment the healer took a dainty bite of his own. Her own bite belayed the fact she was female; the one bite sent blood splattering and staining her muzzle - and made a very happy Mira as she chomped the meat and swallowed it. It reminded her of the wondrous prey she indulged herself in only a few weeks earlier; this rabbit was certainly still summer.

Her ears pricked at the his voice once more, and her eyes met his. His eye colors were certainly interesting; one the green of summer, the other the golden hue of of a setting sun... both were a bit apt, here. "No I don't," she muttered. Her ears flicked in discomfort and she glanced away. The stare made her ehh, and combined with the compliment.. no, it did not make her comfortable one bit. Luckily, though, he also looked away - and at the sky. She smiled slightly, nodding slowly as she followed his gaze. "It is indeed; look at the trees as well, and how they make it appear red. This would be a nice place to live."

“speech”

Sage I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-07-2015, 03:33 PM

"It is indeed; look at the trees as well, and how they make it appear red. This would be a nice place to live." The comment made the man smile, and something stirred at the pit of his stomach he blinked at turned to take another bite of his rabbit, finishing it off. He passed th feeling off as hunger, but something about unnerved him. He glanced over to Mira, looking as the fading rays of Sun set her silky brown fur alight, turning it gold. He replied softly. "You're right it's is beautiful, even more so with you here./font>
The last bit he said took himself by surprise. He coughed and turned his head away, blushing profusely. Where did that come from? The stirring in his stomach was getting stronger by the minute, and he was doubting that it was hunger.

“speech” thoughts

Mirabelle

Loner
Shield

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-07-2015, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2015, 04:58 PM by Mirabelle.)

Her discomfort faded, leaving only amusement as she snorted at the flattery. Her amazement at his kindness also faded; this man was clearly a flirt and after one thing only. She just happened to be the first female to wander by, and she was only recently out of heat. Her heat ended just as the cold began; it was only a few days prior. Likely, the scent still lingered about her. He certainly didn't need to pretend it was all intentional, though, with the embarrassment.

"No need to flatter me," she snorted, tone wry. "My season of heat was the last season; you won't get anything from me." Despite the words, her tone was rich with amusement. Why should she feel discomfort from one who was clearly a flirt? It was different with Xae, he was genuine; it was why she- she cut that thought off viciously. Nope, not a time to think of Xae; not at all. He was long gone, disappearing several seasons ago. Despite what her feelings had begun to develop into, it didn't matter - he left. Perhaps it was because it was many seasons before, but she was able to easily redirect her attention to the matter on hand, yellow eyes resting on the black wolf's face... well, what she could see of it, at least.  

"Words"

Sage I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-07-2015, 04:29 PM

"No need to flatter me, My season of heat was the last season; you won't get anything from me.She said wryly. Sage bowed his head and turned back to her. In his eyes was a degree of hurt. Sure, she had only known him for the best part of half an hour, but surely she didn't think that's why he is interested in her. He hadn't even a noticed a scent of heat from her anyway. Even if he had, he wouldn't have acted upon it. The manners instilled on him from a young age would've barred any thought like that forming.

He didn't really know himself why he said it, or what the feeling he had in his stomach was, but it definitely wasn't just that. He looked into her primula-coloured eyes again, and spoke quietly.

“I'm sorry, Miss Mira. I didn't mean it like that at all. I think it was a misunderstanding on both parts. I didn't really mean to say it, it just kinda came out. He said, “but I was thinking it…> He added quietly, eras bent back in apology.

“speech” thoughts

Mirabelle

Loner
Shield

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-07-2015, 05:40 PM

When he turned his head back to face her again, her head tilted. There seemed to be... hurt? Did she misjudge? It seemed it would be a bit difficult to do so. And yet, as he spoke, it seemed she did just that. Damn. Awkwardness returned, but Mira carefully blanked her face; she hated situations like these with a passion. She knew she had to sy something in return... but what? She certainly didn't want to apologize, yet he did... ugh.

Finally, she just nodded, kind of ignoring the awkward bits. "A misunderstanding indeed," she replied carefully, with a flick of her tail. She huffed softly, indicating that he was forgiven... and then she just sort of sat there, staring at the half-eaten rabbit and really just wishing this situation didn't happen.

"Words"

Sage I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-08-2015, 12:05 PM

Sage rested his head on his paws and looked out to the sunset. The situation was getting more awkward by the second. His paws shifted under him uneasily. He listened to her, and flicked his ears to let her know he heard her. He remembered Mira's comment about how beautiful it was, and how it would be good to live here, just before he said that in uncharacteristic comment that got them into this mess.

“You're right about living here, though. I've lived in the north of these lands most of my life and it truly is breathtaking. " he mumbled. Apart from living in the East and his solitary year with the healer pack, this has been his home.

“speech” thoughts

Mirabelle

Loner
Shield

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-11-2015, 01:34 PM

Well, at least he's listening, she thought, still feeling uneasy about this situation. Too awkward to say anything, too awkward to leave. Ugh. It was truly terrible; why'd he have to say such a comment? Still, she wasn't really angry at him - it was a bit hard to, really. He didn't do anything wrong, just... well, okay, maybe he did do something wrong but it wasn't something that was dangerous, so Mira wasn't angry. If he had done something else, like.... well, she wasn't sure what, but if he had done something more important in the circumstances, she would have been angry. Now? She was just feeling awkward.

Her ears pricked when he began speaking again, though she was a bit apprehensive of what he would say. Luckily, she didn't need to worry; he was actually fixing the situation. She grasped onto that opening with the ferocity of one who would only do so in this situation. "You lived here all your life? Where did you live? What would you say is your favorite land of the North?" Okay, she was really only half interested, but questioning was better than awkward silence.

"Words"