Irelyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Twilight sapped some of the colour from everything beneath the sullen expanse of grey, but Irelyn could still tell from the scents in the air and the squinting of her eyes that when the fruitful Summer arrived, these planes would be even more full of life and colour. Even more because the golden-brown loner had already discerned that the place was full of life – a pack resided here, and from the patterns of scent which hung around the borders it seemed to be a fairly large one.

Irelyn glanced to the sky with suspicion in her eyes, as if she could quell any stirrings in the weather with her expression alone. The sky remained a draining grey, but soon another night would come around – another night and another place to shelter for the duration. Ire was becoming used to the routine of setting up in one place for the night and moving on regularly – but she still aspired to a more stable life.

The lean she-wolf had almost carved a short path with tight turns on either end into the ground itself with her pacing. She hadn't yet discovered all she'd like to about the different packs here, but Irelyn had no idea how vast these lands were, nor how many packs they could accommodate, and she was aware of and increasingly tempted by the fact that settling in one place didn't mean she had to stop learning about the others.

A sigh was pushed through gritted teeth as Irelyn finally sat, her forepaws kneading anxiously at the ground. The threat of failure loomed over her in the form of the sulky sky, but her eyes were widened as if they could take in more of what lay across the borders that way. Unfortunately, Irelyn couldn't see through foliage – but the fact that foliage obscured her view was encouraging by itself. She wasn't sure she could happily live somewhere lacking in plants for her to study.

The honey-coated figure stood again, nervous and antsy with it, before giving herself a mental kick and letting loose a call for someone who lived on the plains.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
04-21-2015, 03:07 PM

He was laying atop his den, the soft sounds of his children sleeping below him. Tonight was a night of sleepless nights, restlessness making him stir on the flatness of the stone. It was just then that a rather nervous sounding call made its way across the land. Slowly he raised his head, peeking down to his family to make sure none of them stirred. He rose to his paws, leaped off the rock and made his way towards the border. It really didn't take him too long, and it was easy to pick out the slight female from the last of the dying light behind her. There was a small smile on his face, his head nodding slightly towards the girl. "Greetings. I am Bass Destruction, Azat -- or alpha, of these lands." He said, taking a seat across from her on his side of the border. "And what is the reason for your call?" he asked, head tilting to the side.

OOC: Sorry its so short~ Got it done right before I had to leave for work.

"Speech"
'thoughts'
"Italian"

Allen

gems
size
build
player
04-21-2015, 03:08 PM

The day was beginning to end. Twilight descended upon the earth, dulling the vibrant colors of the plains. The man was finishing a patrol for the day, having spent much of the day covering the territory. He was more active, just as he promised to Bass. The man deserved time with his family while he still had them. There would be time for other things later. He would smile to himself, padding along with a small smile on his face. He would sway back and forth, almost as if dancing to the music within his head. He was happy, and it wasn't until he heard the call of a loner that he would give pause.

He found it a bit strange someone would call at this late hour. The calico gentleman would adjust his course  slightly and picked up his pace. It wouldn't be good to keep whomever it was waiting, now would it?

What he found was a light colored she wolf upon the border. Allen would approach her with tail and head held high, his dark gaze bright. He would smile as he came up though, not wanting to appear to serious and intimidate the young lass. Bass was already there however, and Allen would fall into place beside his friend. He had arrived in time to hear the younger man ask for the reason of her call, and the calico gentleman would stand there to await the answer as well.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'
Table by:: Tealah

Irelyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-23-2015, 12:22 PM
Within a few minutes Irelyn could hear the whispered stirring of foliage against strong paws and she lifted one paw as the figure appeared. He was larger than she, as pale as Novella had been – and within a few moments of the male introducing himself as Bass Destruction – Destruction – Irelyn brightened considerably. Though she knew that she should commit the name of his rank to memory, the honey-gold female was good at remembering names – and she remembered Novella's surname easily. It had only been a week or so earlier that Irelyn had met the ginger-marked female.

Before she could blurt anything about the Destruction she had met previously, a second figure appeared, similar in height to the first but with more noticeable calico markings. Irelyn's breath caught in her throat as she peered up at the pair, but she pushed a smile onto her muzzle. “My name is Irelyn Draíocht. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to know more about these lands.. and the wolves who live here?” She started off strong, but the straightforward statement wavered, sounding more like a question towards the end. Irelyn's paw still hung in mid-air as if she might take flight at any moment. She felt tiny next to these two males, even if there was only a few inches in it. "I'm a bit of a herbalist, y'see, and the plants - well, it looks like there's a lot of 'em," the female went on, her tail tip switching anxiously.

Allen

gems
size
build
player
05-02-2015, 10:39 AM

The young woman would introduce herself as Irelyn Draíocht, an herbalist. A healer. The calico gentleman would look to Bass, who did not speak right away. Perhaps this was a test to see how he might handle a stranger at the borders? The aging man's gaze would sweep back to the young woman, a gentle smile spreading across his muzzle. "Ahhh... well miss Irelyn this pack that you have come across is called Abaven. It is a pack that is lawful good, full of kind hearted souls like our Azat Bass here. I am his second in command, the Azgrat. You may simply call me Allen." He would pause, taking a breath.

"The pack itself is rather close knit, more of a family pack. It is easy to fit in and get along here, so long as you're not seeking to make trouble. Everyone helps each other... It is a good home." Allen would smile a bit wider. "Are you looking for a home, miss Irelyn? Some healing paws would certainly be welcome." Especially with Nona MIA, he added in his head. A pang arose in his heart at the thought of his mate... but there was little he could do for her now.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'
Table by:: Tealah

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
05-07-2015, 12:22 PM

He met Allen's gaze as the older man looked back at him, and he smiled softly. This was a test, not that he didn't have faith in the man. No, it was more of... okay so yeah a test. But he was doing well so far, saying all that needed to be shared about Abaven. His golden gaze fell on the woman, smile still pressed onto his maw. A healer, good. They really needed more of those. Starling would be happy as well to have someone else to teach, instead of dragging Bass int healing lessons. Chuckling to himself Bass thought of the young boy calling him to learn, much to his own protests. But now, he would have someone else to bug! Tuning into the conversation in front of him, he nodded along with Allen's words. "We hold claim to these plains before you, as well as Monument Rapids to the west." He added softly. He fell silent again as Allen asked if she was indeed looking for a home. "I know of one very shy boy who will be more than happy to have another healer at hand," he said, sharing a knowing look with Allen. "he's been forcing lessons on me." Bass said with a slight laugh, head shaking slowly. Yes, another distraction for the young boy would fair well for all of them.

Irelyn

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-12-2015, 10:31 AM
The calico male – Allen, as he introduced himself – spoke with a smile gradually spreading across his features, and by the time he was finished, Irelyn's maw held a meek smile also. Lawful good wolves sounded like her sort of companions, and she was grateful to know that what healing skills she had could come in handy in Abaven.

“I am – I have been looking for a home for some time,” the honeyed female confirmed, pale green eyes meeting Allen's for a moment before she looked towards the paler, higher ranking of the two males. Both seemed like benevolent leaders – quite different to the last leader Irelyn had had, although benevolence certainly wasn't unwelcome.

Her tail gave a slow wag when Bass mentioned a shy healer within their ranks. Already she was trying to picture the boy, who sounded so like herself but whom she could hopefully befriend. “Shyness is an old friend of mine, but perhaps we can bring each other out of our shells a little.” Her head tilted hopefully. “I'd be happy to offer my healing skills – such as they are – and any other knowledge I've gathered, in exchange for a home?”

Allen

gems
size
build
player
05-17-2015, 03:09 PM
Allen would give a small nod as she confirmed what he asked. It felt nice, sharing the responsibility like this along with Bass. He would glance to his friend, a smile on his face. It was unique how two wolves of different blood could rule together for the benefit of the pack. But that was the beauty of Abaven, working together for the benefit of them all. Gaze would once more steal across the female, his tail giving a slow wag back and forth. These days, he thought, were the best days of his life.

The thought of Bass and Starling sharing lessons was cute, though he knew there was only so much the white man would know of healing. It was not an area of expertise... But perhaps Irelyn could ease the thirst for knowledge the boy had. “Personally I think that sounds wonderful, Irelyn, and, if Bass has no objects, I’d like to officially welcome you to Abaven as a Kruni, or healer.” He’d cast another look at Bass, not suspecting that the other man would have anything to say against the female joining but... It never hurt to make sure.