Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
04-28-2015, 03:09 PM
A festival? Well Chord was most certainly intrigued by it all and it'd be a good excuse to run into the family as well. He had been so caught up in the chaos that was his sibling's relationships he hadn't actually seen his aunt or anyone else in quite some time. Yeah, was probably a pretty good idea to drop by, if only to make a brief appearance and see what it was all about.

To be completely honest he had actually pushed the idea of running into his siblings to the back of his mind for now. After the last failed attempt to reconnect the family he had chosen to steer clear of Abaven for a while and come to think of it aside from dropping off Rhythm after the incident he hadn't actually been to Imperium again either. He still cared for them but apparently a longer cooling off period and better plan was necessary to try and fix it all. A festival was meant to be fun, it'd be a good break from it all.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
04-28-2015, 03:23 PM

Her Aunt was throwing a festival, and Motif decided to drop by to support her family. She didn't know Novella that well, and with the sudden change in her relationship with Rhythm now settling as the normal – that is to say they didn't spoke and where virtually strangers – she suddenly felt that family was precious and didn't want her chances to really get to know them to slip away. She was nearing the meeting place when a familiar scent hit her and her gaze automatically followed the path to alight upon a familiar form. Well she couldn't see his eyes from her vantage point of his back, but she knew exactly was shade of luminescent green they would be. She allowed a mischievous grin to touch her features as she prowled quietly forward. Speaking of not seeing in forever – Chord was a welcome sight.

She waited until she was close enough before pouncing on her brother, aiming to get half way over his back from the right side of his body, where she could lean her head forward and lightly tug on his ear with her teeth. “Thought I smelled a rascal!” she told him with the light teasing tone that came easily to here when she spoke to her siblings. Well, of all but one that was... “I haven't seen you in ages Chord” she complained through a mouthful of ear, before letting it go and climbing back of her brothers back. “You haven't come to see me in a while” her tone was jokingly accusatory.

""

Chord

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
04-28-2015, 03:33 PM
Whilst he may not had considered meeting up with his siblings it was something that perhaps couldn't be avoided. It shouldn't be such a surprise to run into one of them here, they too cared about family, at least he assumed they did, though he'd been wrong about a lot lately so who really knew? Of course the circumstances that he'd run into his sister would indeed be a surprise, you couldn't exactly blame him for jumping with her sneaking up and pouncing on him as she did.

As paws hit his back and the cheery voice rang right in his ear he'd his head as best as he could to set his sights upon his sister. She wasn't lying, he'd probably last seen her when Bass had fought Hati. That crazy night seemed like a hazy blur now, and even the events that followed it felt more like a nightmare than reality at times. He hadn't seen too much of his siblings at all during this period, dealing more with the pair at the forefront of it all than he had with Motif or Harmony.

Chord would feel a little bad about that now, especially given that apparently here was an opportunity to act like everything was normal. "I've been a little busy." He responded, purposefully keeping the details to himself for now and hoping that she wouldn't try to investigate it too much as he attempted to wriggle free from her to turn around and have a proper conversation.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
04-28-2015, 03:39 PM

Motif was utterly unware of Chord's attempts to play peace keeper with Rhythm and Bass. How could she? She didn't speak to Rhythm any more, hadn't seen anything of Chord, and it wasn't something Bass had spoken to her of. Perhaps that was for the best, she really could act like nothing had happened because to her nothing had – Chord had nothing to do with the troubles that had arisen out of Rhythm's departure of Abaven.

When she had pounced her brother she had, much to her joy, felt his surprise and attempts to look at her as she spoke. It would be easier for him to do so now that she climbed off him, however. Chord admitted to being busy and she pretended to pout. Chord would know it was all for show, she had a wondering spirit much like Chord herself, only she had allowed herself to be tied down. She would never judge Chord for keeping free. “Haven't we all? Shaye is nearly a year now, and studying healing” she shook her head in astonishment at the mere idea of that, it seemed utterly impossible to her.

""

Chord

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
04-28-2015, 03:46 PM
It was probably for the best for Motif to remain oblivious to it. Chord missed this, the normality of being around his siblings just like old times. He didn't really have any reason to do so, but he'd be lying if he denied tip-toeing around Rhythm or Bass when he dealt with them. He may not have had any fault in the problem but he could still feel that tension and still hated it. This though, this was what he wanted for all of them again.

"You're kidding?" He was certainly shocked by the news. Little Shaye was nearly a year old already? He hadn't seen her for so long, she wouldn't actually recall him he was sure. How had he let so much time pass by without stopping by and seeing her? Now he really felt bad, the entire family was suffering in this mess. "I can't believe she's nearly a year old already. And a healer? I beat that Harmony and Rhythm are proud!"

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
04-28-2015, 03:53 PM

Motif had also missed the ease in which she felt now with Chord. Through she and Bass where still close, their relationship was tinged with sadness and loss and betrayal, and all the deep emotions they had shared together after Rhythm had left them. A lot of time had passed now and she still missed Rhythm was a steady ache, and with time she was finding the sadness was stronger then the frustration and anger, in fact most of all that had faded – through she didn't entirely trust that, she had thought the anger gone once before and when she had seen Rhythm then everything her sister had said had brought it back to life even stronger then before. She did think a little of Bass and Rhythm as she spoke to Chord, but only fleetingly, she wouldn't let that drama disrupt her reunion with a beloved brother.

Chord would express equal surprise in realizing how old Shaye was becoming. Her older brother had been there at the birth, had seen Shaye into this world, but had he seen her after? Motif herself couldn't actually recal. Perhaps he would let her reintroduce the two of them – Shaye had a right to know her family. “I can't believe it either, and the little rascal sneaks off to get healer training from Rhy. I was angry at first, but.. she has a right to a relationship with her Aunt. Her Uncle too” she raised an eyebrow at grinned at Chord. “We should go see Shaye after this” she said.

""

Chord

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
04-28-2015, 03:58 PM
For a moment caught up in the normality of their conversation Chord didn't realise he had brought up Rhythm. Honestly he wasn't actually sure how Motif felt about the whole thing though after dealing with Bass had intended to keep quiet about the whole thing now. Fortunately Motif would let it slide, not altering the mood here at all and the easy chatter continued as she spoke about her daughter some more. Chord would let a little smile fall over his features as she rattled on.

"Sounds like I'd get on rather well with her. Or be an appalling influence." He joked. He had known a little about that adventurous streak, Bass bringing up the dislike of Shaye's travels and the worries it caused them, too hurt by Rhythm's still enforced banishment though he hadn't really focussed upon the point at all. "That sounds like a very good plan."

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
04-28-2015, 04:03 PM

As Chord pointed out what a great infuliance he would be Motif pretended to shutter. “She's already utterly uncontrollable, she makes up her own mind that kid, I don't know where she gets it from” she shook her head in mock disgust. “I bet it comes from your side of the family” Motif accused her brother. He certainly was one to go his own way and make his own decisions, no one could tell Chord otherwise.

Her brother would agree to see Shaye, and she would nod her head and smile. In fact she should have brought Shaye here to the meeting but she was in a lesson at the time Motif had left. Perhaps she could bring Shaye to Novella another time so the two could met – especially if Shaye wanted to be a healer, perhaps those two would get along as well. Honestly, time had passed to quickly but her baby was nearly an adult and didn't have the relationships with the massive Destruction family that Motif wanted for her. Perhaps Chord could help her fix that. “Good, she'll like that” she replied to Chord's agreement..

""

Chord

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
04-28-2015, 04:26 PM
Motif continued to describe her daughter's uncontrollable manner and Chord's smile only grew wider. To be honest she was probably even worse than he had been at that age, at least he hadn't gone travelling all over the place when he was so young, though of course he hadn't actually had any real reason to do so. All the family he knew had been in Ahlon.

This adventurous streak was entirely down to Motif, whilst she may have settled early on she'd introduced exploring to the girl, not that Chord himself was aware of that fact, busy having his own adventures. "Don't go throwing accusations around, your lot are pretty bad too!" He teased her in return. "Your brother is proof of that." He meant himself of course, there would be no joking about Bass right now.

"I hope so." He responded, a momentarily thoughtful expression spreading across his features. "She's not heard any stories about me has she? Wouldn't want her to have too high expectations." A grin was back on his face by the time he finished speaking.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
04-28-2015, 04:37 PM

Motif really had introduced exploring to the girl, having taken her at such a young age half way across Alacritis to her father, and then back again a few months later. The poor girl probably knew more of Alarcitis lands at six months then most wolves knew in a year. She wouldn't change a single thing about her daughter however, not her rebellious steak nor the strong sense of opinion she wasn't opposed to sharing and butting heads over with her mother. Chord would point out she wasn't in a position to be throwing around accusations and she shook her head, amused. She wasn't sure what he meant about brother, except that surely he meant himself – through Bass could be bone headed at times.

She watched Chord's thoughtful expression, his face was so familiar and yet no so to her, it was a face she had seen on and off all her life but was also changing, they where all of them grown up, neither could ever claim to be children again. “She totally things your the fun uncle that's suppose to bring her all the greatest presents” she teased him, through in truth she hadn't mentioned much about Chord – other then to identify him as family. She had been too caught up everything closer to home, with Rhythm and Shai.

""

Chord

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
04-28-2015, 04:49 PM
Chord had a lot to learn about the girl and she had a lot to learn about him as well apparently. Almost a year, there was plenty to catch up on and truth be told Chord's track record of visits meant it'd be a long time before Shaye really knew her uncle Chord. Though perhaps Motif (and Shai, Bass and frankly he'd better check with the entire of Abaven just to be on the safe side) would allow him to take the girl on an adventure one day if she had that same streak within her. It'd be a fun little bonding activity for uncle and niece. Not that he was really ready to suggest such things just yet, it was probably best to meet her again first.

"The fun part I can definitely live with." He commented, rather pleased with the description, did that make Bass the boring uncle? He was tempted to make such a comment though instead chose not to linger on the topic of Bass and Rhythm quite so much. Shaye was far more neutral grounds and made for a good conversation so far. "But the presents? Really, did you have to add that bit?"

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
04-28-2015, 04:57 PM

Chord seemed to like the description she gave him and she couldn't help but laugh and shake her head in amusement. When he said the fun part was what he could live with she knew what he was going to say next. “Its the presents that make you the fun Uncle, Chord” she teased him, moving forward to butt her head against her brother. “I hope you got her something good” she replied, keeping a straight face for an entire few moments before she winked at him and laughed, she loved teasing her brother. She had missed Chord a lot in fact, they had always had something in common and now that she had lost Rhythm she needed him more then ever.

“Perhaps we should get to Novella's meeting, you can stew over what your getting Shaye there and we can go see her afterwards” she suggested, nodding her head in the direction of the meeting.

""

Chord

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
04-28-2015, 05:04 PM
Chord would feign pain over that detail and her explanation. "That's a cruel twist." He remarked, almost blackmail even. He'd have to bribe his niece with gifts to be considered fun. Perhaps this little trip would be a good idea then, couldn't beat a better gift than an experience!

He glanced around and grabbed a stick from the ground to show his sister. "Sticks, are they still fun?" He highly doubted Shaye would be impressed by it though for now he'd still play along. Perhaps not a good plan but there was still hope yet, he could delay the gift giving process with showing his face at the festival for a while. In his books though it already seemed to be a successful event, if only for showing him he could still be normal with some of his siblings.