size
Extra large
build
-
player

The Ooze ParticipantFamous
05-02-2015, 01:10 PM

”Common language” ”Translated Finnish”

Her toes found water. Slowly Sabine bent to drink, her whiskers outstretched in the hopes of finding the surface before she accidentally dipped her nose in - something she did pretty regularly and something she didn't think would get less annoying anytime soon. She did end up dipping the end of her nose in and had to blow air through her nose to knock the droplets off of it before she could drink, but once that irritating accident was corrected she drank her fill.

Straightening, Sab licked back her whiskers as she contemplated her next move. Her and sister had temporarily parted ways again. While she loved her sister, Sabine was very fond of her freedom. She believed it was possible to spend too much time with someone, even if that someone was a loved one. It did her good to venture out on her own and explore. She enjoyed the silence when she was alone and the company when it found her. Currently she was on the hunt for company. What kind exactly, she didn't know. Of course she was still searching for Aki and she hoped to find him before Sunniva, but the trail had gone cold and she didn't know where to look next.

Kalliope

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
05-04-2015, 12:38 PM

Kalliope padded forward with her ears listening for every sound and her paws searching the ground in front of her. After that festival that Novella and Frith had held she felt the need to get away from the pack for a while. The only thing that festival had taught her was that she knew absolutely no one in her pack and didn't know enough of any one trade to seriously participate in any of the trainings. It was frustrating and not entirely something she wanted to dwell on at the moment. That's why she was out here wandering around who knew where. She could find her way back... eventually.

She heard the distinctive gurgle of water and she paused, smelling and listening. After a moment she made her way toward the sound and carefully made her way to the edge till her paws were touching the cool water. She dipped her head down, trying her best to not dip her nose in the stream, but of course there was no avoiding it. A heavy sigh passed her lips as she shook the droplets off her nose and then went back to lap up the liquid. It seemed like no matter how old and experienced she got that was going to be something she put up with.

Kalli lifted her head and scented the area again, her ears perking with curiosity when she caught the scent of another wolf. Her head turned as she followed the scent, quickly noticing that the woman was a short distance away, if the strength of the scent was to be believed. It wasn't often that she went looking for company, but after how isolated she had felt at the festival she was almost eager to have a little interaction. She padded closer and stopped maybe a few feet away. "Hello there," she said simply before reclining back on her haunches.

"Talk" "You" Think

Sabine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player

05-10-2015, 09:06 PM

What to do, what to do. No seriously, what to do? She wanted something, anything, to break the monotony of simply existing. There had to be something of interest. Some wolf, some natural wonder. Something. This wandering around doing nothing but converting food to waste and air to slightly more tainted air was for the birds. Where was the danger, the adventure, the fun?

The sounds of an approach followed by the lilting tones of a feminine voice drew the fae from her frustrating musing. Ears pricking, Sabine turned to face the speaker as she drew closer and seated herself. "Hello,” she purred back in the hopes of testing the waters. ”Fine day, isn't it?” It actually wasn't a fine day in her opinion, but she was rubbish at starting conversations. It got much easier once she knew what she was dealing with. ”Perfect for,” she shrugged before parting with cynical words, ”Something chipper and sweet, I suppose.” The day felt pretty and lovely. It was a day for cow-eyed young lovers to do...whatever cow-eyed young lovers did. Stare at one another, maybe. Cow-eyed, of course.

Kalliope

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
05-11-2015, 12:58 AM

Kalliope listened as the other woman moved closer and sat across from her before speaking. The woman's comment on the day made Kallie smirk a little. "I suppose it is," she replied. It was nice in the sense that it felt nice out today and it wasn't raining or anything. She wasn't real sure what else made it a "fine day". She was about to voice her thoughts when her latest acquaintance voiced her own cynical, sarcastic thoughts on the subject. Kalliope snorted with laughter and grinned. Ah, she could tell they were going to get along just fine. Well, either they were going to get along swimmingly or they were going to but heads and hate each other. Only time would tell. "I couldn't have put it better myself," she replied with a chuckle.

"I'm Kalliope, but call me Kallie if you'd like," she added after a beat of silence. She figured that if nothing else she should introduce herself if they were going to talk much at all. Since no one else was around and she was pretty wanting in the company department at the moment she was willing to try some small talk till they figured out something to talk about. She really did struggle in this whole socializing thing though. It had never really been her strong suit. But if someone needed the champion of tripping over things and sticking her nose in water, Kallie was their girl.

"Talk" "You" Think

Sabine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player

05-16-2015, 07:02 PM

Her dry words brought earned her a snort and a laugh from the stranger and in response to the other's mirth, the corners of Sabines lips rose in a pleased smirk. What was this? A kindred spirit? Sure sounded like it. She could hope, anyway.

"I'm Kalliope, but call me Kallie if you'd like," came the stranger's lilting voice after a moment of silence had passed between them. Kalliope, huh? An exotic sounding name. She liked it, the way it rolled off the tongue. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Kallie," Sabine murmured, ”Name's Sabine Jarvela.”

Nose twitching, Sabine worked at creating a more complete picture of this Kallie girl. Having never seen another person, the fae's definition of beauty was a bit different than most. The shallow, vain part of her took note of a person's voice and smell, the way they moved and the way they laughed, all the little idiosyncrasies that came together to make them unique. So far she was pleased with her acquaintance.

Her thoughts went to Sunny and from Sunny to Aki. Her sister seemed to think they'd never find him and so it was for her that Sabine decided to ask. It was a shot in the dark, but what could it hurt? ”Perhaps you can help me. I'm searching for my brother, Aki. Maybe you've seen him? He's tall like me and pretty hard to forget. If you've seen him you'll know. He has tusks...like a pig.” Would Kallie believe her? Most didn't, but if she scoffed at the idea of a tusked wolf then Sabine would know for sure that she hadn't met him.

Kalliope

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
05-16-2015, 10:06 PM

Soon after her own introduction, her new acquaintance did the same. Kalliope smiled a little at the name Sabine. It was a good one, she liked it a lot. It was the kind of name that was easy to remember and rolled off the tongue easily. Unlike herself, Sabine gave her surname as well: Jarvela. It make her think about her own surname which inevitably led to her thinking about her father. She always wondered to herself how he and her adopted siblings and mother were doing. Sometimes she grew homesick when she thought of them and sometimes she wondered if it wouldn't be a good idea to make the journey back home to try to convince them all to come here. She gave a little shake of her head to clear her wandering thoughts before replying, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Sabine."

Sabine then suggested that perhaps Kallie could help her and as soon as the woman said her brother's name Kallie's ears perked. Aki! Sabine went on to describe him and his tusks, but Kalliope knew exactly who she was talking about before she said it. The male had made quite an impression on her. "I have seen him actually! Well, not seen, but I've met him anyway. Aki and his tusks are very memorable, that's for sure." She chuckled softly and smiled. "He saw me almost walk off a cliff and still had a full conversation with me so you have a very nice brother."

"Talk" "You" Think

Sabine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player

06-12-2015, 09:30 PM
OOC: I'm so sorry I forgot this D:

"I have seen him actually!" Yessss. Victory was almost hers, Sabine could taste it already. Of course, there wasn't an actual competition to find Aki, but that didn't mean she couldn't gain any satisfaction from getting to him first. "Well, not seen..." Sab's head canted slightly to the side. She'd never met another blind person so it didn't occur to her that she might be dealing with someone like herself. Her voice skeptical, she questioned, ”You've seen him but you haven't seen him?” If she was pulling her leg Sabine was going to be very disappointed and more than a little miffed. Fake competition aside, she really did want to see her brother again. At the very least she wanted to know he was okay. If this fae couldn't help her and was only interesting in messing with her than her time could be better spent elsewhere.

Kalliope

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
06-12-2015, 10:36 PM

When Sabine questioned her on how she could have seen him without seeing him Kalliope realized her wording was probably very strange and maybe even a little cryptic. It still amazed her how wolves could look at her and not be able to tell that she was blind. Did she look completely normal to the outside world? She had no way of knowing of course if she looked any different that anyone else, she just had always assumed that this was the case since she had such a crucial disability.

"Sorry, that does sound weird when you say it like that. I met him, but I didn't see him per say because I'm blind." She hoped that would clear things up. Suddenly she remembered that Aki had mentioned that he had a sister that had she same disability as her... A big, flashing light bulb went of in her head and suddenly she was much more excited for this chance meeting than she was before. "Wait, are you the sister Aki told me about that is blind as well?" That would certainly explain why the other woman hadn't seen that she was blind to begin with!

"Talk" "You" Think

Sabine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player

06-13-2015, 08:19 PM

"...I didn't see him per say because I'm blind." Sabine jerked back, neck arching and chin tucking as instinct pushed her away from the woman. It wasn't fear that drove her back, but a surprise so strong that she couldn't help but react defensively. Kalliope was blind too? For perhaps the second time in her life, the giantess was stunned into silence. She couldn't believe it. But why would she lie? It had to be true, it was a terrible thing to lie about and there couldn't possibly be anything to gain from it unless she was the type that craved pity.

Kalliope went on to ask if she was the blind sister Aki -damn him and his tattling- had told her about. Finding her tongue, she answered briskly, "I am.” Sabine hated talking about her sightlessness, hated it with a white hot passion. But...this was perhaps one of the few opportunities to do so without feeling the pity from whoever she was talking to. "I...” Her usually fire was gone and in its place was a tentative curiosity that she was unfamiliar with. "I've never met someone who was blind before,” she admitted carefully. For the time being Aki was forgotten.

Kalliope

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Athena I
06-22-2015, 11:10 AM

She honestly couldn't believe it. When Aki had told her about his sister she had wondered if she might ever get the chance to meet her, but had really never expected to ever run into here. And now here they were! She couldn't really decide how she felt about it. She was excited to meet someone who had lived with the same challenges she had, but at the same time she didn't really know where to begin. She had never met someone else that was blind... it was hard to believe really.

Sabine mirrored her thoughts when she said that she had never met anyone like them before. Kalliope nodded a little, a trait taught to her by her father in efforts to help her seem more normal, and all the sudden she realized the motion did neither of them any good. "Neither have I," she replied as she shifted her paws in an effort to disperse this weird, uncomfortable feeling she had about it all. "It's kind of weird... I don't know why, but it's kind of... I don't know. I thought it would be more exciting to meet someone else that was like this, but it's weird... It's relieving in a way though." She chuckled a little and added, "I never struggle with words like this. I don't know why I am now."

"Talk" "You" Think

Sabine

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player

06-22-2015, 08:16 PM

It was indeed weird to come across someone who was also sightless. Weirder still that this woman had met Aki first, talked about her, and then met her, but that just showed how small this great big world was, didn't it? "Because it's weird," she quipped playfully before caving and offering, "It is relieving in a way." Why exactly was hard to explain. In a way is confirmed her suspicion that there were others like her who led wonderful and complete lives, and that was a relief. The giantess had grown up fearing the possibility of being joined at the hip to a caretaker for the rest of her life. And yet here was Kalliope, alone and independent. Further proof that she didn't have to rely on the goodwill of others to survive. There were other reasons why it was relieving to meet someone like her, but she couldn't put those feelings into words.

Sabine's ears flicked back as she considered her next move. She had so many questions. What held her back was that they were the same questions she hated being asked by sighted wolves. Did being blind give her the right to ask? She wanted to say yes, it did...but it didn't really, did it? However, it didn't hurt to test the waters. After a moment's thought she admitted, "I have so many questions I want to ask you."

TALK SHIT
[Image: bK4cZNp.png]
GET HIT