Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
05-19-2015, 12:48 PM

ooc: Antonio isn't here to join, he's basically a loner ambassador and wants to get to know the different alpha's so here he is :,D.

This place was probably just as pretty as the last he had visited. As his paws stopped at the borders, his ears perked forward to listen to the rustling of the waterfall in the distance. He was a lot more confident this time, and he had his heart to guide his path among other things. Antonio's hope was to have at least most of the packs in this system, it didn't matter their allies. If they needed to declare war Antonio would risk being the messenger so that their own members wouldn't have to risk their own lives and could prepare to fight. Though, there was simple things as well, festivals and maybe even just news wolves wanted to share among each other and weren't so sure how to get it there.

Antonio raised his head into a howl, hoping that the alpha or alpha's caught wind of it. He would stand respectably at the borders and make sure not to cross. While he was not interested in joining, he was also not hoping to make a hostile relationship with any wolves. It didn't matter how they lived their lives, if they murdered and killed. Simply, he was here, hoping that this would work. Who knew what could happen in his future after all.

"I speak"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-19-2015, 02:27 PM
It wasn't too often that Threar found themselves with visitors upon their borders, they had become a quiet little pack, with the exception of the festival it seemed they didn't really draw too much attention to themselves. That being said, the last visit they'd received had happened been fairly recently though it had been a friend of sorts; the new Azgrat of Abaven, Allen, choosing to come and formally introduce himself. The howl now wasn't one that Novella recognised, though Allen's hadn't been familiar to her at the time either. There was only one way to find out who this wolf was or what they really wanted and so Novella swiftly set her course for the borders.

As she had suspected, the wolf awaiting her on the borders was not one that she could say she recognised. Not that the woman's overall appearance seemed to be a particularly striking one anyway. Scent betrayed no familiarity either, not from the stranger herself or a suggestion that she belonged to another pack. A loner then it seemed, not the first to find their way to Threar. "Hello. I'm Novella Destruction, Author of Threar. Who are you and what brings you here?" Her voice and stance were authoritative, though in a more polite and manner rather than accusing or menacing in anyway, right now there was no reason for such actions.
by macabre

Antonio

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
05-19-2015, 03:39 PM

Antonio was face with a beautiful woman, making his ears flick a little as she approached. Novella Destruction, the name made him smile as he wagged his tail a little yet remained civil. It was exciting honestly, it felt like a complete honor to be meeting all of these wolves. He dipped his head politely before he began to speak. "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Novella. My name is Antonio Ramirez I'm a loner new to these lands but hoping to soon become familiar with most of the packs." he would raise his head pastel green eyes looking at her.

"I'm traveling to all the packs to speak with the alpha's about my services. My home is going to be in the middle of majority of the packs and I wish to be a mediator. Should you need help delivering a message and want to make sure your wolves get home safely they can come to me and then back home where I can then deliver the message. A mediator of sorts. I can send declarations of war, peace, or even notify others of a upcoming festival or other celebration if it's needed. I believe it could save some time for your pack and also make it safer in times of war should a certain wolf need to be present during training or otherwise." Antonio explained in confidence. As he dipped his head again out of a sign of respect for the other woman. He hoped that she would consider his offer. One day he was hoping to be well known among packs, and he would be remaining truly neutral. Even if he could get into some trouble with war declaration he would be prepared to defend himself.

"I speak"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Being interested in a pack, learning about it to possibly join and call it home that was typically what brought loners to the borders of packs and yet it didn't appear to be the reason that this stranger was here. Novella would sit quietly as the other explained their reasons for being here and the plan that they were hoping to set in motion, mind carefully considering his words. Though there were a few benefits she could certainly see flaws in the plan as well.

"That's asking for a lot of trust to be placed in a stranger." Novella began simply. With no real alliance to anyone did Antonio really believe that the packs would find her particularly trustworthy. She'd ask for a lot of trouble of course if she betrayed any with no one to fall back on to help him but who was to say she wouldn't accept that help and throw her lot in with a particular set of packs?

In her own case, Novella had a rather large family, certainly had a few people around that she could use to help her if need be, even just as messengers if ever neede. So far Threar had coped well on their own without any sort of mediator, messenger or otherwise. Polite however, she wouldn't immediately turn Antonio away so bluntly. She'd put his own thoughts across and now so would the Author. In far fewer words though it seemed, bit by bit rather than one large speech.
by macabre

Antonio

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
05-19-2015, 04:37 PM

It was the same reason Yfir had refused previously. Antonio would nod his head towards her knowing that this was indeed a problem. It was hard to bargain with a stranger, you could either get your wolves stuck in a sticky situation or otherwise learning how to regret a split second decision that could have been made. "I understand it can be a bit difficult maybe even flawed to put such trust into a loner male you know nothing about." he would begin. "But I truly believe this is why I have arrived here on alacritis. To help the packs when they are in need, even if it isn't just messaging." Antonio would smile at the lady.

"If you want you could wait to get to know me before you make the decision. I could explain more about my plans and thoughts. I would try to say I am a very reliable man and always keep my word no matter what it is." Antonio would dip his head to her again. He seemed to be doing that a lot, but he indeed didn't want to end up being rejected by each and every pack he came in contact with. Of course after polishing himself on a few odds and ends, he could come back and try again. These seemed to be trial runs so far. Only one pack had said yes, because they wanted to see where this would go.

"I speak"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-19-2015, 04:53 PM
A loner male? Antonio certainly seemed more fitting for a male though the wolf before her was physically a female. Though that point was a curious topic it was irrelevant, it was far better to focus upon the real issue at hand and that was this proposed system that Antonio was so set on creating.

"Trust can be earned, but you are one wolf proposing to form an equal relationship with each pack, I'm afraid that alone doesn't exactly make you stand out as someone I feel is really dedicated to earning the trust of others." Novella commented. It seemed more indecisive than anything else, unable to commit so trying to commit to all. He seemed polite, friendly enough and whilst they were likeable qualities it simply wasn't enough.

He was simply one wolf as well, yes it was possible to make a difference but in terms of making promises to keep wolves safe, it didn't seem entirely plausible either. It was a naive proposal she felt really, perhaps she could help him to see that, slowly pointing out and unravelling these flaws for him. "I have a pack, I have allies with other packs, friends and family around. One rogue wolf attempting to befriend everyone, is an unrealistic goal and not something I feel can be counted on."
by macabre

Antonio

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
05-19-2015, 05:03 PM

Antonio would listen carefully to the woman, he nodded his head after a couple of words through every time she opened her mouth. He was probably just thankful she was being so calm about it. Speaking her opinions and he would process those things through his head and consider them. One wolf, packs, their allies, their friends. Yes all of it made sense, it was indeed something different. He knew that, and it was a bargain, but how would any pack know unless they tried? Unless they experienced it and so on. That was how Antonio saw it really.

"It may seem unrealistic from a large point of view. I grew up in a pack and am familiar with how it would work even with how each one is unique most of the time." Antonio would wag his tail a little. He was more than happy to be having this conversation right now. "A pack in the north by the name of Sonticus has agree'd to try my system out. On the condition that it may possibly just crash and fail and if it doesn't go as they please they can drop communication with me at any time. Should a wolf be harmed while in my care, they can dish out any punishment they see fit." His pastel eyes wormed over her a bit.

"It is definitely strange, and a bargain, it has cracks, a few flaws here and there. But I will not know how it truly can work unless at least a couple of packs put their faith in me per-say. Not only with messaging, but even if pups need transferring, or if someone needs a place to hide for the moment if they are in trouble. I'm willing to risk my life for these things and be punished if I do not do them correctly. At the moment, I only have my voice as proof, and I know it may not be enough. Perhaps even in the future more loners will join me in this organization if things go well." Antonio would finally explain. It was a bet, bet to fail, or bet to win. Already he had been thrown out of the loop on more than one occasion. He was trying his best and if it didn't go well, he probably would go back to being alone and just hiding in a den. Not that it bothered him, life was full of danger and disappointments.

"I speak"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-19-2015, 05:27 PM
It seemed that Antonio wouldn't be quite so easily led away from this plan however, one pack had already granted him a carrot, a little glimmer of hope that perhaps this system could go ahead. It was a cruel trial really she felt, not one that personally she wished to participate in and though he was willing to accept any blame, the risks were still simply too high. It was shocking really to her that one pack had agreed to be a guinea pig for it. "And what would harming you really do if say one of my children were lost within your care?" It was a rhetorical question, there was nothing that could be done to fix such a scenario.

"I'm afraid it's too risky." Novella stated, blunt now in her point for the first time. "I have others I know I can trust and this plan, a mere idea that even you don't know whether will work or not, is one I cannot put any faith into." There was a serious tone to her voice now, she wasn't budging upon this viewpoint and wouldn't string him along on it any further. Evidently he wasn't changing his mind either. "Perhaps you can make it work with a few packs, create real relationships where the members can trust you and you can trust them as frankly the trust should go both ways. Threar cannot and will not be part of this little experiment though."
by macabre

Antonio

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
05-19-2015, 09:15 PM

Somehow this rejection was different from the others, it left Antonio with a giant smile and a tail wagging behind his back. She was very kind, very wise as well. He couldn't help but to feel at ease and be totally okay with what had happened. As Antonio's head came to dip, perhaps he should rethink his plan. Though, the only way he'd join a pack if was if he was convinced he wouldn't end up in a place just as his old home. "Perhaps I should rethink my plan I suppose. I greatly appreciate your input Novella. It means a lot to me." Antonio would say as he smiled at her.

"Thank you for your time Novella, I wish you well and maybe we'll run into each other in the future." He would turn himself around flicking his tail a little happily. Trudging off with a bit of a hop in his step. That had gone so much better than the others, somehow he was rethinking his views a little bit. After all, he wouldn't be so lucky in the next few times to have such a kind heart speak to him about these things.

"I speak"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-20-2015, 03:18 AM
Funnily enough it seemed her rejection was what would finally cause him to look at her points and admit perhaps things did need to be thought through again and apparently all of that input would be considered useful as well. She wouldn't question what changes he would make, wouldn't dive further into that tangle of thoughts with this plan again. It would need a lot of rethinking and he would definitely need to prove himself before she would ever consider his idea. Right now he still didn't seem reliable to her, that lack of trust she couldn't put into him and the fact that such a far-fetched idea had seemed remotely realistic for him. "Goodbye." She bid her own short farewell, making no promises that they might meet further down the line for honestly she wasn't sure if they would or not. Silently she watched him retreat from her borders and once out of sight, she made her own journey back into Threar's lands.
by macabre