size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
06-02-2015, 03:08 PM

The young girl would easily follow after her aunt, letting her little blue feather bounce up and down with each step and her fluffy tail sway easily behind her. She could tell Rhythm was leading them to The Range and was already trying to sort out in her mind what plants normally grew there, which of them sounded right to Rhythm's explanation of them and so on.

So far her day with Rhythm was as exciting and fun pact as they always where, and at this stage they still had all the time in the world, it was only their first day together! Of course this was suppose to be more of a chance to learn then to play, but with Rhyhtm Shaye knew it would easily become both, learning was fun with her Aunt. Skipping along behind the older woman she waited to see what plants the other would point out first, hoping that from there Shaye would understand what she meant.

"speech"  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-02-2015, 10:09 PM

Rhythm led the girl closer towards the Range, there was more of a mix of trees there and not just the fruit trees that overwhelmed the Orchard. The green of the forests were practically gone except for the few pines that stood out among them. These trees didn't loose their needles in the autumn and were green all year long. Eventually they found themselves surrounded by the old farmland, first the giant oaks would show themselves but as she got closure to some old pasture some evergreens would make themselves known. With a smile and a soft bark she'd signal Shaye that they'd found their target and Rhythm would surge forward. The three trees were giant, their branches hardly in reaching distance of herself but it was possible that Shaye might be able to jump and grab hold of the thinner bottom branches. "This, is a pine tree."

""  

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

06-03-2015, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2015, 04:11 PM by Shaye I.)

The young girl was curious about some of the strange things planted in the Farmlands, like the trees that where just bark and stood in badly kept places about the territory and allowed herself to wonder a little from her Aunt. It would be the girls bark that alerted the younger Destruction girl and she would obligingly fall into a trot until she was back to her Auntie's side, who was surging forward to three giant trees. Shaye would take them in and judge what Rhythm had titled an Evergreen.

So pine trees are an evergreen, that have needles instead of leaves and retain their color throughout the year” she said, putting the pieces together to understand what her Aunt had first meant, and she let herself nod thoughtfully. “But pine trees are useful to us are they?” she wondered.

"speech"  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-04-2015, 11:27 AM

Shaye found her way quickly back to her aunt's aide as Rhythm came up to the giant trees before them. Her bright eyes would take them in as Shaye didn't hesitate to recall everything she had learned about them so far, ending with a question about the plant and its uses. "There are a couple, the sap is incredibly sticky and can be used as an adhesive, but you have to work with it carefully. It is really sticky and will get all over your fur." She'd explain easily, the sap was more sticky in the winter, as a product of the plant filling its sap with more sugar so it does not freeze. "You can also use the old dead needle as bedding. Though test them before you decide to do that, some of them are really prickly."

""  

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
06-04-2015, 12:18 PM
“Hurts like hell when you're dead asleep and roll over onto one of those prickly ones,” he voiced with a chuckle from his position high above them in the crest of a giant oak tree. The leaves were gone and it looked like a great tree-skeleton, a look he very much enjoyed. He lay splayed like a great jungle cat, his right paws on one side of the tree limb and his left on the other, chin and head craning down to gaze at them with a smirk on his features. Surely he would frighten them, or at least startle them - it wasn't every day one saw a wolf in a tree. With an unnecessary groan he lifted himself and climbed down artfully, making it look far far easier than it truly was. With an 'oof' he landed on the earth nearest to Rhythm, though his eyes were locked on the little Shaye. “Having a lesson, are we?” It had certainly sounded like it, what other reason would Rhythm have to ramble on about trees and their usefulness? He shifted his vision to Rhythm, “Can I be of any service?”

“speak,”

Kyarst is 2 years old, 142 lbs, and 36" tall. This is your warning. He is prone to acts of violence including but not limited to: maims, claims, dominance challenges, etc. He is also prone to foul language. Also, Lysis is allowed to pop into his threads whenever she pleases, as the two are almost always close to one another.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

06-04-2015, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2015, 03:41 PM by Shaye I.)

Shaye would easily soak in everything her aunt was telling her, even when big words where involved she tried to take it all in adhesive, she did know that one luckily and with her bright eyes on her aunt she would nod, letting the other know she was taking it all in. She jumped when someone spoke, sir loses but not afraid as her eyes went upwards to spot the black coated creature in the tree above them. She giggled softly, her tail swaying energetically behind her as she studied the stranger.

Even as he finished speaking he would start to descend the tree and she would watch with avid interest to see if she could see the trick to how be got up there. If height was the key, she had the advantage as he young girl was taller even then this midnight coated wolf. "Auntie Rhy is my teacher" shaye stated proudly as he asked if this was a lesson. He also asked if he could be any use and she giggled "you could fall out of your tree so I can heal you" she joked.

"speech"  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-04-2015, 12:58 PM

She only recieved a quick nod from Shaye is answer to her words before she heard a familiar voice suddenly form above them. While she didn't startle she did quickly look to see the interrupter of their lesson. Shaye jumped, but as she took Kyarst in a giggle would form on her lips. He did look rather odd sitting up there like some kind of tree dwelling cat. She smiled up at him as he descended from the bare branches. He'd drop next to her, but his interest was obviously with her young niece. He seemed to ask her about the lesson, and he'd offer to help in any way he could. Shaye would answer him both times, adding that she needed an injury to heal. "Hello, Kyarst." She refrained from adding a nuzzle in greeting, "This is my niece, Shaye. I was going to come find you in the next few days for a spar so we can have a real healing lesson." She'd tell him easily, they were both healed by now and a spar would do them both good. Especially when they'd have Shaye to patch them up afterwards.

""  

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
06-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Okay, so Shaye wasn't all that little, but she was young. He eyed her again as she answered him, stating that her Auntie Rhy was her teacher. A smirk crossed his lips, but he would hold back the sarcastic remarks that were blossoming in his mind. The kid, however, soon had her own little quip, stating that he could fall out of the tree so she could heal him. He chuckled, possibly louder than necessary, and then tilted his head ever so slightly. “Sorry sweetheart, but that doesn't seem like too much fun for me.” Climbing trees he was good at, but he certainly didn't want to make a habit of falling out of them - even if the child and Rhythm would benefit from the practice. Rhythm interjected then, greeting him and stating future plans she'd had before he had interrupted them. “Well there's no time like the present, although I think we'd still better be wary of my stomach, it's only been a little over a week and it's probably still vulnerable.” He knew Rhythm wouldn't purposely hurt him there, but he felt it necessary to warn her. “Maybe we'll agree to small wounds only? No need to traumatize the child,” cuts, bruises, and scrapes were far easier to cope with. Plus, it was easier to reign himself in if he assigned these rules ahead of time. He had never been the nice sort of fighter, but he also knew he had no real desire to harm Rhythm.

“speak,”

Kyarst is 2 years old, 142 lbs, and 36" tall. This is your warning. He is prone to acts of violence including but not limited to: maims, claims, dominance challenges, etc. He is also prone to foul language. Also, Lysis is allowed to pop into his threads whenever she pleases, as the two are almost always close to one another.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

06-05-2015, 03:47 PM

Rhythm would speak then and Shaye would learn that this was Kyarst, the man that Rhythm had mentioned her intent to spar so that Shaye could heal them afterwards. She eyed him more carefully now, his build and height, before moving her eyes back to Rhythm, who held a more petite form and was smaller then the man, and grinned. Yeah, Rhythm could kick his ass, Shaye was sure of it – there wasn't a thing in the world Rhythm couldn't do.

The tree-climber would respond to Shaye's joke well, and she liked him for it. She grinned back at the boy, who would go on to agree to a spar and make a few rules. She would raise an eyebrow at his statement, she was intending to be a healer blood and gore but somewhat part of the package, through in truth she hadn't seen much of it yet, maybe it was good they where easing her into it. The little girl with a spring in her step moved closer to Rhy, the current healing lesson forgotten with the prospect of a spar and a chance to heal a real person for the first time

"speech"  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-07-2015, 06:41 PM

Shaye and Kyarst seemed to get along right off, both acting with their swift tongues before she got them back on track. Shaye would remain quiet and allow the dark male to answer. He took up her challenge easily, but he didn't hesitate to warn her about the injury he was still healing from. She would nod in acceptance, she knew very well how vulnerable his healing wound was and she sure wasn't about to try and worsen it after working so hard to help heal him. He had another idea as well, only small wounds. She could most certainly agree to these terms. That was all Shaye needed for her first real patients. "Your terms are very much acceptable." She'd answer confidently, She felt a bit more at ease knowing she didn't have to face Kyarst at his full potential. "And you're sure you're feeling up to it? You'll have to be really careful not to strain yourself." She was probably being too overprotective, but she really didn't want to have to go in for a second examination. The simple thought made her cheeks go a little rosy.

""  

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
06-07-2015, 10:05 PM
His attention was now fully set upon Rhythm as he tried to think of how in the world this was going to work. He was not used to restraining himself, even in a spar, and the idea of small wounds only meant that he would really have to be conscious about every move he made. It would be a challenge, though, and that part was exciting. “I'll be fine, if it gets tough on me I'll stop.” That was a fat chance, but he knew it would calm her if he said it out loud and at least pretended he meant it. Kyarst was not one to back down, even if it meant hurting himself more in the process.

He narrowed his eyes then, keeping his gaze fixed upon her. His head slipped down to fall level with his spine while his ears tucked back over his skull. His chin tilted downward just slightly enough that his neck was protected from immediate danger. Limbs spread out equally to distribute his weight, bending ever so slightly to lower his center of gravity to keep from being knocked over if she immediately tried to shove him. His toes spread out and gripped the earth, digging his claws into the soft terrain beneath him. His lips drew taut over his muzzle, allowing the tips of his pearly white teeth to gleam in the patches of light that caught them through the canopy of trees. His tail flagged outward in a last ditch effort to keep his balance sure - he'd learned a lot from his last fight and wouldn't make the same mistakes again.

[It's agreed upon by Kat and I that Kyarst and Rhythm are positioned 3 ft apart facing each other.]

He wouldn't wait much longer. The promise of a fight was far too appealing, especially since he'd been out of commission for a while now. In an instant he began to move forward and stretched his right front paw out, aiming to snare it just behind her left front paw and drag it forward to decrease her balance. In the same movement he extended his neck (being sure to keep it low and on the same plane with his spine) slightly to his own left (her right) in attempt to turn his muzzle to face the thick fur and flesh of her neck just behind her jawbone and bite down with mild force. His intent would be to hold fast to the area, but to keep his pressure light so that she wouldn't be severely injured. In all of this he would continue his forward motion in hopes of bringing their bodies into a very close proximity and, if possible, butt the center of both of their chests together with enough force to bruise or cause discomfort.

Kyarst v Rhythm for SPAR
I of II

“speak,”

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

06-07-2015, 11:59 PM
They would literally be plunging into their spar then and there. The young girl would mostly be forgotten as they set their conditions and concerns before beginning. Shaye didn't speak but let the two concentrate, moving only to kiss her aunt's shoulder for luck and wink at the other woman, hoping she would remember shaye's words about rhythm kicking ass in spars. Shaye skittered backwards quickly to clear some space for the fighters and would watch with bright shinning eyes. She had never seen a spar before and now she would be lucky enough to see rhythm kick ass, it was gona be awesome.

The stranger didn't so much as look her way again, too set on preparing for battle and she was able to admire the stranger with wondrous green eyes. The word handsome came to mind but it wasn't a term she had ever tact onto a male before so she wasn't sure it was the one she was after. Instead she took a seat beneath their evergreen tree and found a long leaf to flick between her teeth as she watched the battle, able ti admire the man's lean form in peace, and the fluid grace of her beautiful aunt... Shaye knew she was in for a treat as the two prepared to dance.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-08-2015, 03:31 PM

Rhythm would receive a quick kiss of luck from her niece before the girl backed away quickly out of their way. This was happening now. As Kyarst readied his form so would she, ears lowering to her skull as she narrowed her gaze, and pulled back her lips to show off her pearly incisors. Her hackles would raise all along her back as she rolled her shoulders forward and tucked her chin tightly against her neck. Her knees would bend as she widened her stance, and she'd splay her toes and dig her claws into the ground. Kyarst didn't give her any time to act first, just as she got her defenses set he'd spring towards her. Her tail would wave out behind her, stiffening to act as a rudder for balance. She'd distribute her weight evenly on each of her legs as she felt Kyarst's paw pull at her front left paw. He'd succeed in making her pull it from the ground. She might have been more thrown off but she'd also feel his chest at her own (He'd hit the left center of her chest). A mild bruise would surely form, but the attack would right her off balance. Kyarst would also catch hold of the furriest part of her cheek, while he'd gain a lot of control of her face he wouldn't even puncture the skin.

She'd then seek her own retribution, she'd use her front left paw (the one that was still held up after Ky's attempt at tripping her) to try and scratch at his front right leg. Her claws were dull, and the attack would not likely cause much damage but she'd attempt to run her claws down the front length of that limb. She'd also aim to push forward roughly, she'd dig her claws into the dirt as she tried to push into the right center of his chest to disrupt his balance. Rhy would also want to open her jaws and take hold of the neck that was presented to her when he grabbed her cheek. The girl would want to grab hold of the furred part below the right side of his lower jaw. She just wanted to grab for control and had no intentions of grabbing hard enough to break his skin.

""  

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
06-08-2015, 03:53 PM
His right front paw succeeded in snagging her left front, and he felt the weight of her leg as he lifted it up and toward him. He wasn't really sure what else he would do at this point, but he didn't have time to think about it as their chests collided, leaving a mild bruise on the right center of his chest. It wasn't anything compared to what he'd fought through before, but it was present nevertheless. His jaws fell shut over thick fur, leaving not the faintest taste of blood in his mouth. Oh well, he had a decent enough grip and wouldn't attempt to lose it anytime soon.

Due to the way he'd swiped up her paw, two of her claws would catch into the skin and short fur on the inside of his right front leg, dragging two mild lacerations down the length of his leg from his elbow to just above his paw. She moved toward him with great force, sending him staggering back a single step (because he outweighs her considerably) and forcing the mild bruise on his chest to blossom into a slightly more severe contusion. He purposely set his right front paw back onto the ground and allowed his weight to redistribute over all four legs instead of the previous three. He wasn't going to let her gain any more ground. As he adjusted his balance he felt a tugging at the thick fur around his neck, particularly in the area just behind and below where his jaws fused on his right side.

He let loose a growl and rocked seventy-five percent of his weight back onto his hind legs, hoping to pull her with him given his hold on her cheek. An instant later he would push down and forward with his back legs in attempt to jolt all of his weight forward and into the left center of her chest. This would hopefully both leave a more serious bruise on her chest and simultaneously shove her back. In his motion he would bite down harder on the fur he'd managed to snag and attempt to shake his jaws enough to jostle her head and possibly pull out some fur in the process.

In all of this his weight remained on all four paws (after he put his right front paw down in paragraph 2) which were spread out equally and bent slightly to lower his center of gravity. His jaws remained opened with teeth bared, while his ears remained protectively tucked against the contours of his skull. His tail was projected outward to keep his balance sure. His eyes were narrowed to emerald slits due to his proximity to her face. Toes were spread wide with claws out and dug firmly into the soil. His neck remained extended and on the same plane as his spine even while he held the bite on her fur.

Kyarst v Rhythm for SPAR
II of II

Paragraph 1 - How his attacks landed
Paragraph 2 - How her attacks landed
Paragraph 3 - His new attacks
Paragraph 4 - His defenses

“speak,”

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

06-08-2015, 04:20 PM

Having never seen a spar before she wouldn't fully understand the mechanics and requirements of it, but she could tell they where reading themselves and would take in the sight of Rhy's fluffed up fur and ready stance and beam, proudly. She would stay silent so as to not risk disturbing her beloved Aunt and would let her energy out though her tail which flicked energetically behind her as her eyes watched the movements of the fight with wide curiosity, even as she fought the urge to join in herself in a more playful manner. Of course, Her Aunty wasn't exactly playing even if the intent wasn't to hurt the boy too much it was still a battle and not a game.

She would hear the growling from Kyarst and see his teeth against Rhythms cheek. She let out a hissed breath wondering if that hurt her infallible Aunt. She had risen a little on her hunches without realizing it as she watched the hunt with wide eyed fascination. She had never seen such a thing before! It was different to think about it and to actually see it, and she was wincing now regretting any part of it that got her Aunt hurt in any way.

"speech"  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-09-2015, 01:47 PM

Two of her claws would make contact all the long way down his leg, and she'd succeeded in pushing him forward slightly, though if they were getting into a shoving match she didn't have much hope of winning that. She'd move with him as he was forced back, her momentum and him having hold of her cheek were to thank for that. Right after she'd feel him hit the left center of her chest, worsening her bruise to a more moderate injury and taking her breath away. She'd release her hold but wouldn't be shoved away from his remaining grasp as he shook his hold. His force would lead to mild puncture wounds where he gripped. She was most certainly jostled, but she'd recover quickly and catch her breath.

She'd return to her state of mind with ears slicked to her skull, eyes narrowed, and jaws exposed by her pulled back lips. Her hackles raised and the rest of the fur on her body standing on end she'd bend her knees and roll her shoulders forward she'd keep her paw in the air and redistributed her weight back into three of her paws. Splaying her toes and digging her claws into the earth she'd fight for balance. Her tail would aid in this as she flagged it out behind her.

Using the paw that was still lifted she'd redistribute her weight more evenly so she would be able to put some force into her attack. She'd aim to stomp the two two inner toes on Kyarst's right foot. Thinking briefly maybe a couple of broken bones might do Shaye some good in learning. She'd couple her stomp with an attempt to grab hold once again to the lower right side of his neck behind his jaw. Hopefully she'd draw a bit more blood on him before their spar ended.

Rhythm v Kyarst for Spar round 2/2  

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
07-02-2015, 08:30 PM

KYARST vs RHYTHM for SPAR

ROUND ONE

KYARST:
8 for clarity:

• -2 “...just behind her jawbone...” Which side of her jawbone?
10 for powerplaying.
  • None seen!
8 for defenses.
  • +1 for each seen
  • 0 for taunt lips because I personally don't consider that a defense.
  • -1 for not redistributing weight after lifting forefoot
5 for attack.
  • +1 for paw swipe
  • +2 for mild bite
    +1 for grip attempt
  • +1 chest bump
10 for injuries.
  • First round.

Kyarst's round one total: 41/50

RHYTHM:
3 for clarity:

• 0 in the future you need to include the rounds/participants somewhere in your post.
  • -2 “...while he'd gain a lot of control of her face he wouldn't even puncture the skin.” Even if it was minimal, you need to list/take some kind of damage.
  • -2 “...as she tried to push into the right center of his chest to disrupt his balance.” What part of her body is she using?
  • -2 “Kyarst would also catch hold of the furriest part of her cheek...” Which cheek?
  • -1 “The girl would want to grab hold of the furred part below the right side of his lower jaw. ” How far below his lower jaw? Directly beneath it? A few inches? “The furred part” doesn't tell me much because he is (I assume xD) furred from head to toe.
10 for powerplaying.
  • None seen!
10 for defenses.
  • +1 for each seen to max of 10.
3 for attack.
  • +1 for scratching
  • +1 for chest bump
  • +1 for grip
10 for injuries.
  • First round.

Rhythm's round one total: 36/50

ROUND TWO

KYARST:
7 for clarity:

• -2 “...in attempt to jolt all of his weight forward and into the left center of her chest.” What part of his body is he using for this?
  • -1 “...hoping to pull her with him given his hold on her cheek.” I'm not sure if this is an attack or not. What is he hoping to accomplish? To off balance her?
4 for powerplaying.
  • -2 “As he adjusted his balance he felt a tugging at the thick fur around his neck, particularly in the area just behind and below where his jaws fused on his right side.” Even if it was minimal, you need to list/take some kind of damage.
  • -2 “...hoping to pull her with him given his hold on her cheek.” You have to attempt to maintain a hold.
  • -2 “In his motion he would bite down harder on the fur he'd managed to snag and attempt to shake his jaws enough to jostle her head and possibly pull out some fur in the process.” This should have been an attempt
9 for defenses.
  • +1 for each seen
  • 0 for exposed teeth/gaping jaws
4 for attack.
  • +1 for face pulling
  • +1 for chest bump
  • +2 for mild bite/head shake
6 for injuries.
  • -1 for mild bruising to chest
    -1 for worsening of bruise
  • -1 for mild bruising to neck (damage assigned by judge)
  • -1 for mild lacerations
Kyarst's round two total: 30/50

RHYTHM:
7 for clarity:  
  • -1 “Using the paw that was still lifted...” Which paw? Nowhere in your post did you restate which paw is being used.
  • -2 “She'd aim to stomp the two two inner toes on Kyarst's right foot.” Front or back?
10 for powerplaying.
  • None seen!
9 for defenses.
  • +1 for each seen
  • 0 for exposed teeth
7 for attack.
  • +2 for stomp
    +1 for maim attempt
  • +3 for bite
    +1 for grip attempt
8 for injuries.
  • -1 for moderate bruising to chest
  • -1 mild lacerations to face

Rhythm's round two total: 41/50

Totals:

Kyarst: 71/100
Rhythm: 77/100

And the winner is...

RHYTHM! Kyarst must give up by either submitting, fleeing, or passing out.

Damage:

Kyarst:
  • Moderate bruising to chest: 3 ooc days to heal
  • Mild bruising to neck: 3 ooc days to heal
  • Mild lacerations to foreleg: 3 ooc days to heal
Rhythm:  
  • Moderate bruising to chest: 3 ooc days to heal
  • Mild lacerations to face: 3 ooc days to heal
Notes:

Tips for writing and some suggestions. (no points are deducted here):

For Andy: Your first post was very vague and I feel like you scraped by with the bare minimum, but your second was definitely more detailed and organized. The second was also your most costly and assuming Kyarst automatically got to keep his hold is what did you in. I suggest leaving nothing to the imagination in your posts. It can be hard to find a balance between clarity and power playing, but as long as you're very clear about what your character is doing and you assume nothing about your opponent, you shouldn't have a problem.

For Kat: I can definitely see an improvement in your fights! You're doing really well. Keep practicing and trying new combos and whatnot. Same as my judging of the Rhy/Cas challenge, I think more detail would really help your score. Leave nothing assumed and state/restate everything.

- By [Lazuli]