size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
06-03-2015, 04:41 PM

She had returned. Avalon stared up at the structure where she had been held captive, an event that happened some time ago but still fresh in her mind. Why did it have to be here? Her heart hammered, could she do this? Vereux had told her the location of this pack, and the whole way here she had been afraid of returning. She hoped he wasn't lying...for this very place was the place she had been forced to endure slavery, locked in a dark room with little, if any, food and water. But what she had endured was past her, she scolded herself for being such a baby about it. But was it really that she was being childish? Or would any sane wolf feel the same for what had happened? Having to return to a place that was not the greatest of memories? She thought so.

She moved towards the borders, unsure about the Alpha's reaction should one cross her borders. Arian. That name was repeated in her mind so as not to forget. If Vereux trusted her, then she would be the one that Avalon would seek out. She looked up at the historically rotting structure, a deep breath rocking her body. After a long moment, she tilted her head back and called. A howl that sounded as hollow as the winds that ripped throughout the North most of the time. A sound, that brought out the pain in her heart. She wasn't sure why, but every time she howled, a piece of her emotions would fly through the air with the sound. A haunting sound...for she had endured and lost alot throughout her life, and her heart ached for the past.

"Speech"

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
06-03-2015, 08:35 PM

Time passed by, for everyone it seemed. Arian herself was feeling, normal again, if you didn't count her common downfalls though she only let Cypress see those. There were nights she broke down crying, sleeping was sure and adventure with night terrors that would happen. However, life was alright, it was exceptionally better than it had been in her life for certain. As she limped across the borderlands, a sound that seemed all too familiar caught her ears. Her blue eyes would search for the body that the voice belonged to. Thus a girl came into view, Arian's feet would carry her to Avalon a small smile appearing on her face. She felt a bit of her cry out for the girl, because at times Arian felt like howling just as she had.

"Welcome to Sonticus stranger. I'm Arian Adravendi the president of these lands. What might bring a beautiful girl like you to our borders." she listened to the wind blowing on the ship behind them. Arian would follow Avalon's gaze back to it for a moment. Yet her attention turned back to the other wolf. She was glad that more females were showing an interest in the pack. Growing strong, she had high hopes for them.

"Talk"
[Image: zL7Ypap.png]

Cypress being Arian's mate, can jump into her threads private or not. Arian is fluent in Japanese and English but also knows mild Irish. Avalon is also allowed to crash Arian's threads.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-04-2015, 11:14 PM

Audits perked at the approach of another. Her howl ceasing its existence. A woman who appeared battered and scarred--just like she felt on the inside--stopped before her. Avalon gazed steadily at the woman, relief flooding her when she heard the pack name. She had made it to Sonticus, and this woman did not seem menacing nor aggressive nor insane at all. Her heart stopped, however, when she heard the woman's name. Adravendi. That was the name that stuck in her mind, for it was a history of her family. Her father was good friends with many Adravendi's, and the one she had met, Chrysanthe, all those years ago, had been nice. So it was an Adravendi that ran this pack? Perhaps she would have a chance after all.

She was uncertain, however, about Arian's last comment. Beautiful? Her? She was broken, though not visibly, but she felt it. Her hind leg was scarred, her fur not as luxurious as it had once been. She had allowed it to grow shaggy and dull, unkempt. Wrecking the image of her father, no doubt. And for that, she was ashamed. But could she really be blamed? Her past had nearly destroyed her as a being, and she was slowly struggling in getting back to what she had been. What she wanted to be.

Avalon dipped her head to Arian, struggling for the words to speak, and after a moment she would find them. "Um, hello. My name is...Avalon. Daughter of Gargoyle and Ocena...Vereux sent me here, and I was hoping that well...maybe, I was hoping to join." Her voice wasn't as brave sounding as she hoped it would be, and for a girl her size, one would expect it to be the opposite. But she was trying, little by little. And yet, it was all without help. Maybe if Arian let her join, she could finally try to be her old self. Or better.

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
06-04-2015, 11:38 PM

As Avalon spoke, Arian would be watching her closely. It made the president drag herself, a little closer to the ground. "Watashi wa anata ga koko ni yuki anzende, kazenoyōni anata no kanashimi ga naite iru sensu(I sense your sadness like the wind is crying, you are safe here snow)" Arian would speak softly in the language hoping that the girl only caught the sense of their softness. She didn't know if the other understood it, as Arian pulled herself back up again. Her ears twitched to Vereux's name, her tail wagged a little thinking about him but it also brought in a bit of sadness. No matter how destroyed they were, Arian had found some beauty in one thing or another. Now though, she wanted to protect Avalon from the selfish thing that was the outside world.

"Anyone who is a friend of Vereux is welcome here. I do not know of your parents but I feel like I should Avalon. I'm assuming they were friends of my family." Arian would look back to the ship. "You are safe here, trust me, I can tell by looking at you that you've seen a many things in your life. You are indeed a beautiful gem you may not believe it but I believe that you can become strong." A soft smile appeared on her face. "You'll be a citizen until you find a craft to put yourself in. What is it that you would be interested in?" she would ask, stepping further into the borders to offer Avalon inside.

"Talk"

Cypress being Arian's mate, can jump into her threads private or not. Arian is fluent in Japanese and English but also knows mild Irish. Avalon is also allowed to crash Arian's threads.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-05-2015, 01:38 PM

She stared with an unreadable expression as Arian spoke in a language she did not understand. But even so, it was hard to miss the underlying softness in which she spoke. She dipped her head to Arian as the woman rose back up, and she was curious as to what had been said, but would not press it. Avalon's own tail wagged slightly when Arian spoke. She was lucky to have met Vereux, otherwise she wouldn't be here at Sonticus' doorstep. She could feel herself getting a little lighter, as if a piece of the earths wait had crumbled away. She was one step closer, it seemed, to being saved.

She looked out towards the ship as Arian did, a faraway look in her eyes as images of her past flashed briefly through her mind. Although she was returning to the place that haunted her, she was ready to take that step. To face part of her past. To healing. She mulled over her answer as she followed Arian past the borders. She was glad that Arian had allowed her in. That was one load off her back, and now would be the process towards a long road of recovery. "My father was a close friend of the Adravendi's. My uncle, had been mates to an Adravendi named Guinevere. And since, we've always been close to your family line. So...I guess that makes us related?" She wasn't entirely sure, but she would like to believe so. She wanted so badly to belong to a family again. As far as she knew, she was the only one left.

She was also unsure of what to respond when Arian had told her she was a beautiful gem. Maybe one day she would be, but she still felt she had alot of work to do to help herself. She took in a deep breath as she walked alongside the Alphess. She wasn't quite sure what skill she was good at...she hadn't really had the chance to learn anything. But she knew one thing. She wanted to learn to help others. Maybe dabble a bit in healing as her mother had done. But she also wanted to learn how to fight and be the great warrior that her father was. She had the size for it, as well as the willing spirit. "To be honest...I haven't really any skills to offer now. But, I would like to learn healing and fighting. My parents were proficient at both, if not the best. And I'd like to try and carry on their memory and legacy through the skills that I can learn."

Talk like this

Art||Plotter

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
06-05-2015, 07:55 PM

Guinevere.... it must have been the elder. Arian knew of a young adravendi woman who had simply been named after an elder. It made her smile a bit though, it did indeed imply Avalon was family. Her family seemed to grow every wolf she meant, highly considering her adopted family along with her genetic were huge. "I guess we are, I myself am adopted but the adravendi has always been my family." Arian would stay close to Avalon, limping up towards the ship as she walked. Somehow she knew Avalon would be okay, every wolf was different but after what she and Vereux had gone through than just maybe. Arian still had scars, forever embedded in her brain because of her depression but things..... were okay.

"Our current head fighter is a bit of.... a rough patch. However, I'm a very skilled healer if I say so myself I could teach you if you wish. I have a pupil - who happens to be the alpha's son - from Abaven our allies coming in spring." Arian would giggle a little lightly as her paws carried her. She softly nudged Avalon on the shoulder. "Why don't you tell me more about yourself. We could exchange questions, I ask a question and then you can ask me a question." perhaps she was trying to start a game with the other. Yet, she just felt.... more comfortable to say it blatantly.

"Talk"

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-05-2015, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2015, 02:55 PM by Evelyn.)

Her ears perked as she listened to Arian. She felt a connection with her, as if she had been a part of what she'd been seeking all along. Then again, it could be that Arian was part of the family that was close to her own late family. Without realizing, she found herself smiling a little. Something she had not done in a really long time. In fact, she couldn't even remember the last time she had smiled or laughed. But here she was, smiling for the first time since she could remember. This feels...nice. She felt elated. Her future didn't seem to bleak after all.

As she walked with Arian, she noticed her limp. And ironically enough, Avalon had a limp on the same leg from Canttina's foul teeth. An injury that had taken far longer to heal then it should have, and not having the proper care caused the muscles to strain and were not given enough rest to heal properly. Her left hind leg bore a limp, though not as noticeable as Arian's. Though when it grew cold, particularly in the winter or after being in cold water, her muscles would ache and the limp was more noticeable then. Cramps were also the norm, settling in at random when her leg muscles weren't warmed up. Sometimes it hampered her when she hunted, but she learned that if she kept exercising it and stretching it properly beforehand, she could keep it from doing so, though not all the time.

She glanced at Arian as she spoke about the head fighter. She seemed unsure about whoever it was, so Avalon was curious. At the mention of Arian's being a healer, and at the Abaven apprentice, Avalon couldn't help but exclaim in wonder. "Really? You must know alot for another Alpha to send his son for an apprenticeship!" She shut her mouth for a moment, hoping that she hadn't sounded offensive. "Er, I mean...I'm sorry. I am not questioning your skills at all...I just haven't been around anyone for quite a long time. But I would love to learn what you know!" She grinned sheepishly, feeling rather embarrassed. Though it quickly faded when Arian nudged her shoulder.

She gazed steadily, curiosity and interest in her eyes. "Why don't you tell me more about yourself." She listened to the femme's suggestion, and nodding to her, Avalon obliged. "Well...I'm not sure where to start..." She pondered for a moment, not really sure what to ask since she hadn't been social with anyone in the last couple of years. But curiosity brewed in her mind, wanting to know so much. This was probably the longest she'd been distracted from her old haunting thoughts, and she was glad.

Art||Plotter

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
06-05-2015, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2015, 02:56 PM by Evelyn.)

Arian smiled at the girl for a moment as she spoke. Shaking her head a little, it was not offensive at all. Of course she had noticed Avalon's limp as well, bit decided not to mention it. After all, her own, Arian had asked for it. Pain inflicted willingly after she asked her uncle to maim her when she felt as if she had nothing left. Her crystal eyes looked to the ship as they arrive to the ramp that headed to the hull. "Not offensive at all, I'm friends with the alpha. I guess even if I was mediocre he would be sending his son - plus starling wanted to come." Arian would say as she headed up the ramp onto the ship.

"Hmmm, well then. Where did you grow up?" Arian would ask her. That would be a good place to start, she did feel they would be running into some sad parts. Arian was an open book about herself, but she hoped it wouldn't trigger Avalon. Sometimes just speaking about events, would make others cry and break down. She would be careful with her own depression and anxiety as well.

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-05-2015, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2015, 02:59 PM by Evelyn.)

The girl followed Arian, hesitating for only a second as her paw stepped onto the ramp leading up to the hull of the ship. I'm not there anymore...this is a new start...no reason to be afraid anymore... She'd try to ease herself, wanting to get past her ghosts. Step by step, she'd feel the anxiety building, but then she became distracted from it when Arian responded about the new apprentice. "Where did you grow up?" That was a question that left her pondering for a long moment. Though she knew the answer clearly, the past was non too pleasant to remember.

"Well...I was born in Glaciem, when my father was the Alpha." She paused for a moment, a sigh escaping her lips. "Before it was challenged for...he lost, so we moved east. Our pack staying together. Then my father started up again in the East, until someone else challenged shortly after. He had just lost our home shortly before, so he didn't put up a fight the second time. After that, we moved to Soul sand Cove and adopted the name 'Snow Rogues.' The pack remained together for a time...we were a family." She remembered those times. When her family and her siblings all played around the water. She wasn't sure how much she wanted to tell, but it seemed her tongue would keep moving regardless.

"Not long after the last two incidents, we learned that our old home had been given to a stranger, and everything changed...my father, I don't think he could handle it. He just...disappeared one day. Then my mother followed...and then it was just me and my brothers and my sisters." She looked down at her paws, her voice growing sadder with each word. "Soon, I had ventured out to do some exploring...and that's when...that's when I was kidnapped. I was hardly a year when it happened, and I was forced into slavery for nearly six months. Amenti, if I recall correctly. After was rescued from there, I just kinda wandered for a little while, then I decided I wanted to try and find my parents." She frowned then, her journey had been a lost cause...and she knew that maybe, they weren't walking anymore. "After a fruitless search...well, I came back and...here I am."

She looked at Arian, apology in her eyes when she realized that she had talked without holding back. Well, some of it anyway. She hadn't told her who had taken Glaciem after it was stolen from them, but she was sure that Arian probably already knew. After all, the ghoul had a vendetta against the Adravendi's...that had been clear in the war she was forced into. She swallowed, clearing her throat then. "Sorry, that was probably a longer answer then what was needed...I guess you can say I grew up in a broken home." She sighed, realizing that it was true...if not partially. "What about you?"

"Speech"

Art||Plotter

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
06-05-2015, 11:38 PM

When they stopped, Arian would sit down and try to make herself more comfortable. She had a feeling they would talk for a bit, it was a sign that they would be good friends. After all, the two of them obviously had something. Arian felt comfortable and even more so wanted to protect Avalon, a sense of motherhood despite that she could tell the other was elder to her by a year just by her appearance and scent. Over the years Arian definitely had learned a lot. Though she tensed a little at the mentioning of Glaciem. So.... Avalon was part of the old Glaciem before things got bad. A reminder of the ice king killing her uncle came into her head. To her, he was the cause of all her trouble. Not just Isardis though, the world itself hadn't been too kind to Arian for certain.

"It seems that we have our similarities." she would say softly. Before taking in a deep breath, she indeed would tell Avalon about herself. Yet the whole story would probably fly from her mouth as much as she could remember. "I was born to a small rogue family. My father left his pack in order to take care of my crippled mother. Though it didn't last long, when I was four months old a wolf black as night with two mis matched eyes slaughtered my father in front of me and my siblings. He left my mother and us alone, but unable to hunt for herself we slowly were starving to death." Arian would stop for a moment. "While my birth brother is here now and my birth sister in Abaven at the time my mother thought they had died from starvation. She was on the brink of death my mother, and so she took me to the borders of Seracia. Where I was adopted by the Queen and King Epiphron Adravendi and Maverick. I grew up there with them, and fit in like no other though I was a bit too smart for my age. I was healing broken bones before I was a year old. I went to my uncles pack to learn how to fight, and came back when my mother and father stepped down from the throne. I decided to leave Seracia then, but when I found out that my uncle was no longer an alpha I rejoined Seracia under the new queen Destruction." Arian shifted, trying to remember it all but it would be okay if she didn't she supposed.

"Destruction and I became close, she was like a second mother to me. I became the Seracia heir again but she was challenged and I lost my home yet again. I tried to stay by Destruction but I just guess being away from home distraught me. So I started following my uncle Syrinx around. He wanted to bring the family back together after they had fallen apart. At the time it was when... Isardis was around. Syrinx fell in love with someone in another pack Pantheon I think it was called. I do believe I was in Amenti at one point but it was not under the control of those who did you harm. I joined Pantheon because of Syrinx but he vanished I felt so out of place and with nowhere to go left another pack. When Syrinx showed up again, it was to fight Isardis to the death." Arian shivered at the memory. She remembered how hard he fought but to no avail did he win. Syrinx was such a strong man, it was hard to believe Isardis had done that to him. "Isardis won. Syrinx fell, and I left. At the time Azalea a cousin of mine and my mother had been fighting. But regardless I ended up in Azalea's pack, which soon turned sour. My uncle Neo maimed me, gave me a scar on my face and tore my leg tendon which is why I limp. After that Azalea vanished and I was just so sick and tired of losing my home over and over again. After that I learned about my heritage of the walker family. I made it my goal to find out more about them. Soon enough Quelt Rivers of Abaven had been an alpha in place of one of my great cousins after he died. But leadership was growing harsh on him and he gave the pack, Isokan, to me. It was a disaster." Arian shook her head. "I fell into lust, a darker part of me. I was convinced I meant nothing and gave my heart as well as my pack to a dark woman named Morgana. But she tore it out, and the whole pack hated me. I couldn't even look my mother in the face, I couldn't call her mother nothing. And after that... I was taken away. By a mud pack who lived in a harsh land, that is where me and Vereux met we were slaves for a few seasons. I succumbed to being a slave then, they did unspeakable things to me and it's amazing how I received no young from the males there nor any scars. Though I took care of Vereux who only wanted to get back to his family. After that he helped rescue me, where I went to Fiori and my mother accepted me while Vereux left when my sister, who was his previous mates new mate, told him to leave. I was so upset, I was too scared to die, but I really did want to die then. I couldn't let anyone touch me, not even my own mother, but then I met my mate.... Cypress." Arian's body began to relax, when she spoke about Cypress that tended to happen.

"When I met Cypress it seemed like something changed in me. I fell in love, and with the support of my family I got better even if today I'm not fully healed mentally. I still am skiddish of strangers and look over my shoulder. I claimed Sonticus thinking it would be best for my recovery and so far it's been going much better than my history has. I've been through a lot in a short time of my life, but I believe getting through it is my strength. Thus, we are standing here today." Arian would smile a little sheepishly at the girl. "So while you were a slave, please don't think you can't get better. The one thing you have to remember is, we might have problems but the problems do not have us." She would nuzzle Avalon gently on the cheek. Perhaps looking for her own comfort as well. After all that, she felt her heart beating faster, her anxiety had jumped up. Though it would be okay, she hopefully wouldn't be having a panic attack in front of the other woman.

"Talk"

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-06-2015, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2015, 02:57 PM by Evelyn.)

She listened quietly. Intently. Not missing a heart beat of a word as Arian told her story. It was sad, to say the least. That they both had so many similarities. Isardis had rent apart both their families, though hers more indirect as opposed to Arian's. Isardis had stolen from her, a home. As well as nearly stolen her spirit when she was forced into a war so young, though that was also the doing of the old witch of Amenti. She had lied down at some point during Arian's story, stretching out her hind leg to a more comfortable position as it had begun to ache. Her tail lay across it, hiding any remnants of the scar that remained. Her gaze remained fixated upon the smaller woman, entranced as well as finding herself returning to her thoughts during certain parts of her story. She remembered the pack Seracia, she had fled there as a refugee during the war. And she couldn't quite recall who was in charge at the time. Had Arian been there as well? It was possible.

She lay her head on her paws, crown tilted in Arian's direction. It was strange, how the two bore so many things in common. Avalon had grown up in a broken home, first with her family, and they had been happy. And then one after another, nightmares began to unfurl themselves like a red carpet being rolled out for a celebrity. They both had trouble with Isardis. Both had been in a pack under the same name, though Avalon unwillingly. Both had lost their homes. Both had lost family. They'd both also been hurt and scarred physically, and mentally as well. And although Avalon had not fallen for someone the way Arian had, she did remember conjuring feelings for a man by the name of Newol...they had connected once upon a time, two strangers who had a story to share. She had cried, and he had proclaimed wanting to protect her. But as fate would have it, she'd be ripped from that too.

It was fate. It had to be, that the girl had been led here. Though she had just met Arian, they already had a connection. A sort of bond. She closed her eyes for a brief moment as the Alphess nuzzled her, and Avalon took comfort in the contact. How long had it been since she had any contact like that? The last time she could remember was with Newol that night in the caves...her tears staining his coat. She licked Arian gently on the cheek, her expression changing to where she wore a kind-hearted and compassionate look. She was grateful that she had met Arian, someone who could understand her and in turn, she could understand as well. She knew all too well what the Adravendi had been through--was going through--and she knew it could not be a battle fought nor won alone. The pair had been through so much, the same experiences, and had been through the same and similar events within one another's range...Avalon couldn't put that simply on the shoulders of coincidence, it had to be something more. But as her life had turned out, she couldn't believe there was anything more out there. Otherwise, wouldn't things have turned out for the better?

"We have been through the same, if not similar fates you know." She looked at Arian, a deep understanding in her eyes. She had never connected with another on this level before. Her sister, Odette, had been one thing at one point in time when she was very young. And Newol had been another, but since then, it was just her. Alone. As if she had been the only one left in the world to face her demons. Though they were hers alone, she hoped that one day that would change. She contemplated for a moment, leaving the world silent for a minute or two before filling it with her voice. At first when Arian had appeared, she wondered why the fae had said what she did. Avalon had never thought herself beautiful after all the torment she had been through throughout her life. But here, a wolf younger then she, had understood her all too well at first glance.

"Arian, I am glad to have met you. And I am deeply grateful for the kindness you have shown me. All my life, after my family disappeared one by one, I thought I was alone...but..." She breathed. It was a breath that released some of her anxiety, some of her sorrow. And above all, some of her loneliness. "I find in you, another soul that understands what I am inside. I am not as strong as I used to be, though I hope to return to what I was someday, and to be someone that my parents can be proud of."

She couldn't help it. She had found another that understood her completely. She was broken inside, her spirit that she believed at one point in time to be unbroken, had been shattered by the events of her life. She turned her head skyward, an unsaid feeling rising through her chest. And as it rose, so did her song. She howled, the melody more haunting then it had been before. It was filled with all she was, for once, Avalon cried in a way she had never had before. She had held everything back, bottled it up, and it had been eating away at her core for so long. Her song contained everything. Her emotions, her heart, her soul. She cried out to the heavens, everything she had lost. The pain, the loss, the longing for what used to be. And as she did this, tears would slowly stream from her eyes, though they were closed, they'd slip through. She knew Arian would understand, and if she wanted to join her, then she was more than welcome. But Avalon's soul needed this. It cried out for release.

Art||Plotter

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
06-06-2015, 02:18 AM

Being here with Avalon, Arian felt was nothing less than a miracle. In part of her soul she knew that they were meant to meet. Even with their short about of time together, Arian felt the tug of companionship coming to her. She wanted to show Avalon around, show her to Cypress, flaunt her to Cypress. Unlike most other wolves, Arian didn't trust so easily. She was constantly looking over her shoulder, constantly wondering if her next step would be a bad one. She never knew when she could lose the people she loved, she never knew when she could lose herself. Even the gods couldn't help her, wouldn't help her unless she pulled through on her own. As she clamped shut on her jaw she listened to Avalon's words. Her crystal eyes watching her so carefully.

As much as it would alert the other members, Arian watched as she pulled up her head. The irresistible urge of every wolf, a howl to release feelings. Her own found itself pulling back, joining in with Avalon's own voice. This was what it felt like to be alive wasn't it. Living, breathing, even if it hurt, but the joy they felt would comply with all that. If they survived it would just mean another day of struggling. Yet Arian wanted to struggle until her muscles were sore. No matter how many times she had believed she would be better off not being here. Now she simply wanted to create a great future. She wanted Sonticus to survive. Most of all she wanted her, and her family to continue being here until their very last breaths.

As Arian pulled her head down again, she caught her breath up. Shuffling her paws as she had stood up and her tail working to keep her balance. She supposed, it was time for bed. "You are free to choose any den you want inside, it's warmer than the outside. Goodnight, Avalon." Arian whispered, as she pressed into her for a moment. It was time to return to her mate, and perhaps have enough time to think about the events that had transpired to this day. She was glad that Vereux had shown Avalon to her pack. She felt that her life was going to change for the better from now.

-exit unless stopped-

"Talk" "You" Think

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-06-2015, 02:53 PM

Avalon's ears twitched a bit when Arian's voice joined her own. Together, the created a song that was one of a kind. And although the melody wasn't of happiness nor jubilation, it expressed to the world what they were. This was the first time Avalon had truly been allowed to release herself. And when they finished, she'd breathe in deeply and had stopped her tears. She swallowed the hard lump that had found it's way in her throat, nearly choking her. But as she remained there for a few moments, it slowly began to fade. She continued looking at the stars, wondering if her mother and father were up there somewhere. "Thank you." She'd whisper to Arian, grateful for the company.

She'd watch Arian rise, the other woman deciding to go to bed. "You are free to choose any den you want inside, it's warmer than the outside. Goodnight, Avalon." Avalon nodded, watching Arian move off towards her den where her mate no doubt waited for her. "Good night." She breathed. Avalon remained outside for a time, watching the stars and allowing herself to register the fact that she was safe now. Safe... That word turned in her mind, over and over. She hadn't felt safe for a long time. Not since her family left. But now, she had a new family. Arian. The girl had shown her kindness despite being strangers in one another's eyes. But were they really strangers? Or had they already been connected through space and time? It seemed that way.

After sitting outside in the cold air for an hour longer or so, Avalon decided finally that she would go and find a place to call her own. She'd walk towards the deck, going to where the cabins were, but she kept well away from the one she had been prisoner in. The sights here were familiar, but the bad memories were drowned out by the new ones that would be created. Avalon chose a cabin, the one closest to the front of the deck on the left side of the ship. There, she found an old bed, moth eaten and worn with years of abandonment. And lying atop in disarray, a few blankets that had holes but looked usable. She moved towards the bed, climbing onto it and arranging the blankets until she was satisfied. And when she lied down, sleep gradually began to take over. Here she would rest...here, was home.

-EXIT AVALON-

Art||Plotter