build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
06-08-2015, 08:56 PM
OOC: No Imp wolves, please

With childlike amusement Valentine stood beside a pool of lava and stared in. At his side was a pile of knick knacks. Every once in a while he'd toss something in and watch the lava eat it. So far nothing could withstand the heat. Rocks, sticks, bits of metal, bits of animals, all burned or sunk or melted into the liquid fire. The stuff ate at the ground around it, hungrily devouring its confinements and slowly widening the pool it called home. The King was captivated- if only he could bottle this stuff up and take it home with him! It's power was breath-taking and primal.

Unwilling to take his eyes off the pool, Valentine blindly groped at the ground beside him. When his paw struck nothing but dirt he finally tore his gaze away and discovered that his stores had been depleted. Well, damn. Gaze darting around, the brute searched for more things to drop in.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Amachi

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Arian
06-08-2015, 09:40 PM

The main reason she wandered here probably was because she herself looked like molten lava. Her underbelly a bright orange, spraying up into ashen gray like the rocks here. Though her huge size would make it impossible to hide from any strangers along the way. As her gray eyes spotted a male, throwing rocks into the molten lava. Hopefully, he wasn't going to attempt to throw her in there, she didn't feel like dying today. However as his supply had dwindled he was looking for more things, sparking her interest she looked near her. Seeing a few animal bones, rocks and sticks. The expressionless female would grab them in her teeth and approach the male setting them near him.

"You looked like you needed more of these." she mused. Maybe making friends wouldn't be so bad, yet he did smell of another pack. Not that it mattered, she was certain that friendship between different packs was not uncommon. Her fiery tail curled around her waist as she watched the smaller male. Debating whether this interaction was a bad idea, or an actual good one for once.

""

[Image: 11ludc3.png]

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

06-13-2015, 11:02 AM

Footsteps to the left of him turned Valen's head around. A woman approached, carrying with her an assortment of odds and ends. She deposited her stash on the ground near him before making the comment "You looked like you needed more of these." Upon seeing the knick knacks features brightened. "Indeed I do," he rumbled, "Thank you." Shifting so he could reach the pile better, Valentine greedily reach out with a forefoot and drug it closer. Then he selected a long bone and, holding it by the end, skillfully chucked it at the lava so that it landed on end in it. Hungrily the lava devoured it and in no time at all the bone was reduced to nothing. With a hiss and reeking tendril of smoke, the bone disappeared.

Fascinated, Valen stared across the distance at the space where the bone had been. As an afterthought, it occurred to him that he should probably pay a bit more attention to the stranger since she was nice enough to give him playthings. Tearing his gaze from the lava, he commented, "I didn't expect to see anyone this far up."

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Amachi

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Arian
06-15-2015, 06:12 PM

(This song is rated M for a few curse words)

Her interest would grow a bit as she watched him throw another stick in. The lava would engulf it, making her ears flick. Certainly hoping he wouldn't think about throwing her in there. She was a few inches taller than the male, but he was still larger than most, even Avalon didn't match up to his height. Amachi almost assumed she'd live if she stepped inside of it, considering her orange underbelly that bubbled up like the lava itself. Only an idiot would think that though, so she pushed the thought to the back of her head. Valentine would then turn to him, inquiring he hadn't expected to see anyone in this place.

"Curiosity drew me here, seems like it was worth the trip. I live up in the north." Amachi gestured her head in the general direction. Though a small smile grew on her face. "This lava is definitely interesting." she knew it's name from the elders of her old pack. Though that was far behind her, it was till information that she held close to her. It would help her survive as it always had.

""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

06-16-2015, 06:53 PM

"North, eh?" The King glanced at her out of the corner of his eye. "I'm from Imperium in the South." Staring down at the pile of playthings, Valentine kicked through it in search of the next sacrifice. What looked like the wing of a bird caught his eye. The frigid weather had halted its decay. It was frozen and rigid, and bits of ice clung to its feathers. It was perfect. Seizing it, Valentine turned his head to the left and then chucked it towards the lava like a frisbee. It settled in with a hiss, its feathers quickly catching fire and flaming brightly. Like the bone, in a matter of heartbeats it was gone, leaving in its wake the smell of scorched feathers and seared meat. "Indeed it is," he agreed. "For me it was worth the trip."

""

Amachi

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Arian
07-09-2015, 06:05 PM

The woman didn't quiet know what to say to the man. Amachi was never good at starting conversations in the first place anyway. As she listened to him, so he belonged to a pack in the south called Imperium? As a special forces wolf, these were details she probably needed to know, her gray eyes shifting over the large male even if she was larger still. "My name is Amachi Mackury.... tell me what's Imperium like?" she asked curiously. She did want to know what it was like, it might have even been a darker aligned pack. Sonticus was a ever shifting iceberg, it all depended on who was the majority at the time.

"I guess you could say my fur kind of looks like the lava itself." she also noted. Her orange underbelly rising from above small vein like looking black veins and gray solid base coat. The markings that had cursed her as a monster for such a long time. Though here, it seemed that they did not cause a problem at all.

""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

07-15-2015, 08:56 PM

Ah, Imperium. His favorite topic. It was the King's pride and joy, his piece de resistance. He poured his heart into its workings and its members. It consumed his time, his energy, and he loved every second of it. "Hm," he purred thoughtfully, appreciatively, as his thoughts went to his beloved pack. "Imperium is like no other," he began, forgetting, for a moment, the trinkets at his paws. "Only the strong call Imperium home." Some packs would desperately accept whatever mutt came their way. His pack was not like that. "Believing we, as a whole, are strongest when we, as individuals, are at our best is at the core of our beliefs." He was ready to gush, to sing the praises of Imperium, when the woman offered a comment. Her fur looked like lava? Well, yeah, he supposed it was similar although it severely lacked the intensity of the liquid stone. "I suppose it does," he offered, his eyes briefly wandering to the pile of odds and ends.

""

Amachi

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Arian
07-16-2015, 08:59 PM

Her ears would twitch when he started to speak about his pack. It depressed her a little bit about her own. Frown coming upon her face for only a moment as he looked at her and back to the lava. Perhaps she should have just kept talking about his pack. Amachi would pick up a small bone within her teeth before throwing it into the lava. The bubbling ooze letting off a hissing sound before it was completely consumed. "I wish I could say the same about my pack. I thought things were going to pick up but..... it's complicated." why was she even saying this to him. She shook her head slightly.

"It's nice to have pride in a pack you've created though, all that effort put into it." a small chuckle left her lips. The reason why she was speaking more was because she felt a bit more comfortable in his presence. After all, now it didn't feel as much as she was in danger. She was big, but sometimes she got fooled of herself. However if she didn't live like she was dying she would be consumed.

""