Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
06-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Threar was hardly a large pack nor was it one that was overly active at times it seemed. Much to Novella's dismay so many of the wolves within the pack seemed content to keep to themselves. How she longed to break such a habit though so far her own attempts hadn't exactly done the trick it was a little frustrating and that was why the Author found herself escaping her lands now, perhaps the change of scenery would spark some sort of idea within her mind.

Though she didn't visit these lands much at all really, the Albastrine Shrine was certainly a place that had a lot of meaning to the woman and brought forwards cherished memories each time she thought of it. Her initial reasons for being here had been far from cheerful, nor had the discussions been particularly pleasant but her initial venture here had certainly brought her life a great deal of happiness. It was here one evening that she had met Frith.

Once again she walked alone through the path between the pale trees. The peace that this place brought was already hitting her, both comforting and almost eerie in it's presence. Things seemed almost too quiet though already she had learned that was the effect that these lands had. She had not found the explanation behind it, wasn't sure that she ever would though perhaps again this mysterious place would bring her some kind of answers for her life.

Aqil

gems
size
build
player
06-09-2015, 04:05 PM

Solitude is what the male sought today. Then again, he had been solitary since his family had parted ways. But he had been on a mission as of late, to find them once again. It wasn't in the tradition of their lineage, for they always separated upon turning a certain age, but he and his siblings had always been different. Here and there he had come across a wolf or two, though none had proved to be on his own intellectual level. He needed that solace now, to stare at the sky and listen to the whisper of the world around him.

Aqil padded along silently, the atmosphere of the Shrine settled itself around him, the male finding peace in this place. He gazed at the trees, their colors bleached much like his own pelt. He sensed a feeling of connection between him, and the shrine. They were both quiet, peaceful, ever watchful, and simply different then the rest of the world around them. The druid stalked further towards the center, green gaze catching the blue gaze of the pool in the center. He stood at the waters edge, captivated by the aura of this place. But through the silent peace, a sound would be hear nearby. Glancing towards his left, a woman whose species he recognized strode nearby. He was not sure if she had seen him, granted his coat probably blended with much of the lighter backdrop, but surely his scent wouldn't be hard to miss? "Amani iwe juu yenu, mgeni." He'd greet her softly and kindly.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
06-09-2015, 05:09 PM
The stillness continued for a few moments longer, her steps continuing to carry her through the trees and towards the hidden centre of the lands where the shrine itself waited. Novella took a slow walk there, her mismatched gaze lingering over the trees, the white trunks of them were perhaps deemed rather fitting for the winter season and yet still such a distinct and unusual sight regardless. The peace was pleasant though, curiosity as ever a decent distraction as she continued to explore through the lands.

That quiet was suddenly disturbed however just as the first glimpse of the stones could be seen further ahead. So sudden did the voice speak that Novella found herself jumping slightly, perhaps it was the fact that the words held no familiarity and absolutely no meaning that had her the most alarmed. Not only had the voice appeared from nowhere, but she had no way of knowing what it had said. There didn't appear to be threatening undertones though really she wasn't sure she could be too careful.

The figure that appeared was as strange, perhaps stranger still than the shrine. Felines were not a species that she had had much contact with over the years though to be fair, his unique pattern wasn't one that she could really judge as being out of the ordinary, his presence alone was a strange occurrence enough for her. "Umm... Hello?" She was a little unsure of herself in her greeting, not sure for starters whether or not he would be able to understand her given the fact that she had not understood his words.

Aqil

gems
size
build
player
07-02-2015, 01:22 AM

The fact that he had seemed to startle the maiden made him mentally scold himself. He had manners, though he should have known by now that the native wolves here didn't seem to speak what he did. That was fine, he knew English. It was one of many languages that he knew, and he'd always strive to learn more. Dipping his head politely to her, calm green gaze locked on hers, his posture non-threatening. "Pardon me, I forget that the creatures in these lands are not the same back home. My name is Aqil Amir Duma, I hail from the continent of Africa."

He glanced at her features. She was quite a pretty specimen, her eye markings especially. Though they were not quite the same, they nearly resembled those that his species bore. Was it possible that wolves and cheetahs had bred eons ago? No, that was silly! They were completely different species! "I don't mean to be so...blunt? Is it? But I must say, you are quite pretty for your species." His voice was kind, gentle. Honest. He hoped he didn't offend her, but when it came to compliments, he couldn't help but say them.

"Speak"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-02-2015, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2015, 09:14 AM by Novella.)
The moments waiting for the next words seemed to drag on a little awkwardly for her. Had he understood or were two strangers going to be left attempting to converse in two completely different languages until one finally decided it was safe to take their eyes of off the other and leave. That fortunately wasn't the case though, there was no sign of confusion from the cheetah and he would even respond now with words that Novella could clearly understand.

Other languages weren't things that she had typically come across and the places they originated from certainly even stranger still. Africa was completely new she had no idea at all what the place was like, what language was native to such a place and certainly had no idea what different creatures may have existed there.

"Novella Destruction" She responded, giving her own name in response to his little introduction, in truth she still wasn't entirely sure how to react to the man and even less sure now as when he continued on with his little compliment. Novella had never been the greatest at receiving compliments, even those from her husband but to come from a complete stranger and a different species well she was quite at a loss. "Yes, that is a little blunt of you."

Aqil

gems
size
build
player
07-09-2015, 11:46 PM

"My apologies Miss." Indeed he was sorry, the male never the best at saying the right things at the right time, but rather cursed with his personality of complimenting those when he saw fit. He could see she was a little put off by that, and he wasn't entirely sure how to fix this situation. Nonetheless, he would steer the conversation another way, perhaps one to where the pair could talk a little and learn about the other. "It is my pleasure to meet you, Miss Novella. May I ask, you smell different from a few I've come across...are you perhaps in, what do the wolves say...a pack?"

"Speak"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Perhaps it was simply that she had very little experience with other species but Novella was finding it a little tricky to read Aqil. So far he seemed nice enough, a little strange perhaps though that alone surely couldn't be the reason she felt a little uneasy around him. He would apologise for his mistake, adopting that formal title of 'miss' that typically she would request to be dropped though here, with other things bothering her mind she wouldn't bother.

The question was a rather odd one in her mind. Of course there were different smells to the different people you met, mingled within their own scent would be the scents of places they had been and people they had met. And so, to point out she smelt different to some of the other wolves that Aqil had met therefore seemed a rather obvious and unnecessary statement to make. "I am from a pack called Threar." The Author of said pack in fact, though she wouldn't point out that detail just yet.