Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
06-18-2015, 03:43 AM
She felt it was time for Threar to have another meeting soon, perhaps some sort of organisation would help to kick them into gear though first of course such decisions and any ideas did need to be talked through with her mate. It was of course not a difficult thing to do, though they did still have their space at times, she had no doubts that she saw her husband more than she saw any other wolves.

If he hadn't settled into their den already for the night, Novella was sure it wouldn't be long before he would make his way there. Her own path set course for the den to either disturb him and drag him out for a little walk or meet him on his own return.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-18-2015, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2015, 12:31 PM by Frith.)
Threar had grown quiet since the festival, he himself had been a victim of sloth right afterwards as well. Though like Novella his mind was already thinking of ways to light a fire beneath their member's rumps. While a few of them were still recovering and healing there were a few others that needed to step up their game. Not that he was throwing around accusations, he was just a guilty. He needed to spend more time with them as well as his children. Fate and Luck should have been getting along very well in their hunting by now, and he'd barely been able to see them perform so far. He'd been particularly focused on their food supply, while he'd gone out and hunted with the Donostrea leader, Glacier there was still more food to be got. More worrying to go through.

He had that on his mind as he loped back to the den for the night. He'd get a quick sleep and then head back out to track the herds. He was so engrossed in his thought that he wouldn't make note of Novella's presence until he was near on top of her. The pair hadn't quite made it back to the den when Frith about ran into her. "Hello, dearest." He'd offer her quietly as he came forward to nuzzle her. His stress was obvious in the way he carried himself, but his wife would help to calm hiss anxieties.
""
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
06-18-2015, 02:21 PM
It seemed that her assumptions had been entirely correct and by chance the two were making their way back towards the den at the same time, paths crossing before they had reached the original destination. Novella would find herself halting in her steps now, turning towards her mate with a smile and joining him in closing their distance to nuzzle him in return. "Hello" She responded softly, leaning into the embrace.

She had intended to ask about his day, though it seemed that now was too soon to bother with such things. Something was troubling him and she hoped to lift his spirits a little before they set into formal details, they both needed a moment to relax together. "Shall we take a little walk?" She suggested, pulling away for a moment so mismatched eyes could look to his.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-18-2015, 02:28 PM
He'd be greeted in a similar manner, her voice soft and her touch welcome as they came together. He'd breathe in her sweet scent before she pulled away enough to look into his eyes, a tired half smile would cross his features as he looked to her bright form. He could have watched her for the rest of eternity, but eternity had to wait. The pair had major responsibilities that they had to see to here and now. If they lost their control eternity might have been closer than either wolf would have ever realized. Not that his mind could linger on such morbid thoughts for the moment.

Novella offered an easy distraction as she left his grasp, a little walk with her. How could he refuse? He'd nod subtly, "It would be my pleasure." He'd answer with a quick kiss on her cheek as he got in line beside her. He was never too busy for time alone with his soul mate.
""

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
06-18-2015, 06:25 PM
There was little surprise as Frith promptly agreed to her suggestion, although it seemed he'd suffered from a long day and she was sure his thoughts prior to her idea had perhaps been to quietly rest in the den. To be honest, if he was too stressed out though there was of course the chance that resting wouldn't come easily anyway, and this distraction would hopefully help him and allow for a settled night.

She had no destination set in mind as they altered their path away from the den now. There was their little cave if they fancied a cold paddle through the water. Though it was indeed relaxing and would hopefully wash away those worries temporarily it probably wasn't the best idea. The issues did need to be addressed at some point, the walk was just a little distraction to calm them before bringing up the serious stuff again and an aimless wander would do just fine for that.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-19-2015, 11:42 AM
Winding down after the day he'd experienced was probably a better idea than just trying to crash as soon as he hit the den. With his mind still racing it would have been a bit of time before he fell into sleep anyway. Spending extra time with Novella also helped settle him, he'd walk close to her, bumping her shoulder every few steps as they walked. He wondered if she had a destination in mind, as the path flew by under their feet he could think of no specific place she might have intended. He imagined they were just taking a big circle around the den.

She would remain silent as she led him away, though he couldn't help but think that she might have had more than one reason to lead him on this secluded walk with her. No longer able to resist the urge he'd lean over and nibble at the back of her neck. "I had a talk with Feli today," he'd make sure to mention, "He accepted the vacant Mystery rank." Their higher tiers had gone unfilled for so long, it seemed fitting that one of their nephews took the position. He might have offered the same to his brother, but Sorrel didn't seem like he would even begin to enjoy such a rank.
""

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
06-19-2015, 02:18 PM
For a while they'd continue on silently in their little lap of the lands, the occasional touch and the quiet perhaps did well to calm Frith and eventually he would begin to speak. The words would take her by surprise though certainly wasn't anything she was opposed to. Both of her nephews had done well really, she was pleased to have them in Threar and pleased that they were progressing. Félicien thankfully would allow himself to be rewarded, receive the honour of a higher rank with the responsibilities of helping others. Perhaps he would even be able to set an example for the rest of the pack, if so it tied in rather nicely with her own plans in some ways to inspire the rest of the pack to get into gear.

"I'm glad to hear that." Novella responded, it had been a while since anyone had earned such a promotion, all she could hope was that Félicien wouldn't now suddenly go off of the grid as her brother had. "I'm sure he will do well." Not that she meant to put any pressure on him at all with such expectations.

"We can have a meeting soon, announce it then to the rest of the pack and see if prompts others to work hard too." Novella commented, deciding to transition into her own thoughts.  "Would it be too cruel to demote those that don't even try to follow his lead?" She enquired glancing to her mate now. She didn't like the idea but if even the mere threat would launch the wolves of Threar into action perhaps it would be necessary.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-20-2015, 10:30 PM
Novella wouldn't dispute his decision, not that he'd ever expected her to. She'd comment with the same expectations that he held, and the words she said brought an affirming nod from Frith. He couldn't disagree with her next statement either, the pack did need to gather together again. There hadn't been a real meeting in a while, not since before the festival at least. "There are a couple other promotions we could offer at the meeting as well. I know Sorrel isn't one for lessons, but he does know his craft. Maybe offer him Epilogue?" He'd question first, also thinking of their older children. "Aslan and Varda might even qualify for Chapter." He knew how hard Varda was working, and they had shown him much of their skills just in their trip to the North. With no pack to welcome them they'd had to rough it more so than usual. He couldn't have been more proud of them.
""

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
06-29-2015, 05:11 PM
Frith wouldn't object to the meeting and instead offer the option for more promotions for others within the pack at the same time. Not that she disagreed at all with any of the three rising through the ranks too many promotions given at a time when she would be laying threats out as well seemed a little contradicting. "I think you're probably right about Sorrel." She began simply, the boy probably would turn down such a rank if they offered it to him. "I don't think we should be seeming too generous with the ranks though. I'm not saying they can't move up, but maybe wait until after the meeting" Novella added thoughtfully after a moment. "At the very least it'll mean that we're likely to have someone to praise at the next meeting." She hoped that all of the pack would do well and have the chance to advance through the ranks but just in case anyone let them down and they may need demotions, having some promotions and good news would act as further inspiration for others.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Novella admitted that he was very much right about Sorrel and his rank, he'd smile at her softly as she offered a different idea for raising up ranks. After the meeting, so that when they had potential demotions to talk about they would be able to also announce the other promotions. He'd nod his head in acceptance. "Sounds like your plan will be much more beneficial than mine." He'd chuckle as he leaned in again and nuzzled her cheek lovingly. "You know there are two other promotions we'll need to consider as well. Fate and Luck are going to be yearlings soon." How fast they'd grown as well, he could still barely believe how quickly children grew up.
""

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-04-2015, 11:18 AM
The plans for promotions and demotions were certainly forming quite nicely now, the pair easily falling into agreement with one and other though there were of course more factors other than skills to think about with some of the ranks. Age.

Novella would cringe lightly as he mentioned the fact that their youngest children would soon be a year of age. It hardly seemed possible, it hadn't felt like that long ago at all, though of course she had spent some of that time in some strange depressed world, not realising how quickly they were growing at the time. "Don't remind me." She commented "It really doesn't seem possible."

It was indeed possible though, much in the same way that the turning of the season would mark the fact that their eldest children were two. That as well seemed unbelievable, though in the same way that they had transferred from the Draft position to Prologue, Fate and Luck would do the very same thing. "We'll announce their new position in the next meeting as well, this one will be too early, but the next will be in the Spring I imagine."

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-05-2015, 11:03 AM
He didn't miss Novella's gentle cringe at all, he knew how she felt. It seemed like yesterday he was saying hello to their younger children for the vey first time. His amazement in all of his children never ceased, and he didn't think that there was anything anyone of them could do that would make him love them any less. Novella's words were much like her first reaction. He'd offer her an apologetic grin, he didn't really think it was possible either, but here they were. She'd think for a moment, no doubt her mind slipping to their soon to be two year old children as well. They were close to the age that they had been when they met. Their promotions would be added to those at the next meeting as well. He wouldn't hesitate to nod approvingly, though a yawn would interrupt at the end. "I think I'm about ready to go back and sleep." He didn't hesitate to tell her while he moved forward to nuzzle her lethargically.
""

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-05-2015, 12:23 PM
The worries of the pack had been dealt with for the most part it seemed, though minds were now occupied by thoughts of their children and how quickly they were growing up. Neither would comment anymore upon their seemingly rapid ageing, nor would their minds drift back to the discussions of meetings, promotions and demotions. Instead it seemed that the little walk and talk had managed to help them unwind and now it was time to head back to the den to settle down for the night. "Alright." She responded with a small nod of her head.  "Let's head back." And after returning his nuzzle she would do just that, slowly turning to make a gentle journey back towards their den.