gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
06-26-2015, 12:56 AM

Rhythm had told her that she was due any day now, and in light of that she kept herself close to home, in fact she relaxed and enjoyed a chance to be lazy, snuggling with Rhythm or Shaye or Shai for warmth in the winter, really who ever happened to be near by and it seemed oddly enough that there was always someone around for the pregnant girl to snuggle. In fact, at this point she wouldn't be surprised if they had all created a secret pact to watch over her until she gave birth, not that they would think they needed to – only Rhythm would worry about Motif, surely, because only she knew the details of the first pregnancy.

Shaye would be with her mother on the day of the birthing, not that either of them knew it at the time. Shaye was curled up in front of her mother, her slightly larger form blocked out the mild wind from outside as she faced Motif and quietly scribbled in the dirt. Motif was dozing in and out of sleep, keeping a half eye on the picture forming in the earth. She was pretty certain it was suppose to be Shai with a skirt of feathers dancing on two legs, but... she wasn't entirely certain and didn't say anything. But that was what her attention would be on when she felt the first cramp, and shot of pain, and with a gasp knew it was time. “Shaye, get Rhy and your father!” she gasped, and twisted her body as it spasmed. Shaye was up in a flash, a little scared but also a lot excited as she fled the den, crying out for Rhythm and Shai.

"Speech"

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-26-2015, 01:19 AM

Rhythm was spending a lot of time In Abaven, at least she was now that Motif was nearing the end of her pregnancy. She wanted to be here for the birth, she had to be here for the birth. Somehow she wasn't with Motif or Shaye when it started, instead she was chasing mice in the snow. The snakes were hibernating during the winter and with out them there were rodents all over. After a morning of hunting them her stomach had become rather full. As she made her way to a sunny rock Shaye would find her.

The girl was obviously flustered, and Rhythm would guess only one thing. As her niece rushed up they'd boh say "The baby is coming" At the same time. She still needed to get Shai and owuld run the opposite direction of the den as Rhythm headed toward her sister. The herbs were already waiting in the den, Rhythm, Shaye, and Shai just needed to be there. Motif's last birth had seemed like it took days, however it had been quite fast. Would this birth prove the same? Would all of the pups survive this time? Rhythm didn't know if her emotions could take another tragedy.

Shaking herself before entering the den she'd steel her nerves and prepare for what might come. Taking a deep breath Rhy would enter the den and begin to comfort her laboring sister once more. "Hey, Mo. How far apart are your contractions?" She'd calmly as as she went to nose her sister's belly. She couldn't really feel anything this time. The last pregnancy you could practically count the little forms within their mother. "Have you taken your herbs?" How much should she do before Shaye got back?
""

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
06-26-2015, 01:31 AM
Shai had felt more than restless all day, after unsuccessfully falling back asleep beside Motif he'd gone on a long walk around the border. He hated leaving her so close to the end, but he couldn't keep his feet still. Around mid day he found himself staring at the sky and he'd realize he was going to meet his son today. Just about that moment Shaye came bounding up to him. Completely out of breath but he knew exactly what he'd found him for. He never realized he could feel so many emotions at once before he experienced that exact moment. He didn't know how long he stood there stunned, but Shaye was running back and he wasn't about to be left behind.

Mimicking his daughter's stride the man would follow her quickly back to Motif's den. Rhythm was already within, and he wasn't about to try and fit himself in there too. Three wolves was a little crowded but four, especially one of his height, would be impermissible. "Motif?" He'd call within, showing he was most certainly present, and ready to show her his support in any way possible.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
06-26-2015, 01:43 AM

It had been a slow day, and Shaye wasn't really one for being cooped up in doors, but she also didn't want to leave her mothers side. She always made certain that if Rhythm or Shai weren't around then she was beside Motif, at least until after her siblings where born, then it would be the babies that Shaye would be smothering with her attention. To kill time the little one sketched with a claw, a favorite hobby of hers as she started to form a rough picture in the dirt. Almost without meaning to she started to see Shai, dancing across the ground in a skirt of feathers. She smothered a giggle at the image, knowing her mother was half resting. She was just doing some finishing touches on a bright sun in the corner with her mother cried out.

Shaye instantly knew what was going on and leaped up, running for the exit even as Motif cried out for her to fetch the required parties. She found Rhythm first, and even had a moment to grin in exhilarate joy at her heart as her roll model spoke the same words alongside her niece, but the moment was quickly over, with Rhy going one way and Shaye another. She found Shai and sprouted the same news, only the reaction she gained was drastically different. Her dad didn't seem to know what to do, but she shook her head, turned, and ran back to her mumma and Aunt. She wasn't going to miss this for the world! Shai would quickly catch her up, and father and daughter would race for the den. Shai wouldn't enter, but Shaye would, quickly reaching Rhythms side, having picked up a herb in the corner of the den prepared for this moment “Motherwort” Shaye said between the herb as she handed it to Rhythm, and awaited further instruction – this was Shaye's first pregnancy after all.
""

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
06-26-2015, 01:48 AM

Motif glanced into the world outside her den and listened for a moment to the silence after Shaye's departure, she took a deep breath, timing it with her pregnancy, and let it out again slowly. She knew the breathing methods of a pregnancy by now, this after all wasn't her first rodeo. Already she could feel that this was easier, that there would be no complications -touch wood- with this birthing. The wait until Rhythm was in the cave with her was a short one, and she managed a weak smile to her sister, of course she was excited for the pregnancy but not so much for the pain that came with.

As the two sisters found a rhythm, there would be a slight commotion outside and Rhythm would join them. She could spare no attention for her soon to be eldest child as she breathed again, in a painful intake and outtake. “He's coming” Motif gasped, and just like that, the child would come free, and Motif let out a joyful sob. “I want to see my boy, my beautiful baby boy” she begged Rhythm, just as she had predicted, there was only one child inside of her, there would be no stillborn's today.

"Speech"

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
06-26-2015, 02:18 AM

Vail would be alone within the womb, but the last few weeks leading up to her birth she'd never been completely alone. The tiny girl had listened to the rhythm of her mother's heartbeat the entirety of her existence. Today it would sound just slightly different. The girl would eventually begin to be squeezed and pushed, her little form would eventually be made to greet the world. She'd be released from her prison and inhale her first breath of air, a healthy squeal would be the exhale as she craved the warm and safety she'd had within her mother only moments before. The cold o fthe winter would greet her as she was washed and placed at a teat. Latching on would cause her to quiet and as her tummy filled sleep would take her.
""

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-26-2015, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015, 02:28 AM by Rhythm.)

Shaye would be at her side quickly, obviously eager to get to work. Offering her mother motherwort as Rhythm continued to prod at her almost twin's belly. Though it seemed as quickly as they arrived would be just as quickly as all would end. Before Rhythm could even say "Push" Motif would alert them to his arrival. With much less effort than her last birth a tiny pure white pup would enter the world. "Shaye, watch close." She'd tell her niece as she carefully broke the sac and started to lick the tiny child vigorously. Their little lungs worked, that was obvious as she squealed with her first breath of air. Rhythm wouldn't help but smile. “I want to see my boy," bright blue eyes would return to her sister, realizing something as she cleaned its tiny body. "Motif, I can't show him to you because..." She'd pause for effect, though not too long that would have been much too cruel. "You have a girl." And with those words she'd nudge the tiny thing towards the new mother.
""

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
06-26-2015, 02:35 AM

Her little boy would cry out as he entered the world and she would hear immediately that he was a healthy and strong child, so when she asked to see him and Rhythm hesitated Motif would freeze. An entire world of possible problems would strike her with stunning speed. Was the child born with a problem, where there stillborn's that Motif some how didn't feel, or was it possible that her healthy sounding boy died even as he uttered his defiance.

Rhythm wouldn't tease her for long, and Motif cried out as Rhythm declared the discovery, and then her little girl was in her arms and Motif was crying. “Oh my girl, my wonderful, perfect girl” she whispered. “Shai, Shaye, get over here!” she cried between her tears as she held her youngest child and licked her clean. She was in total contrast to her sister, who's pelt held dark tones. This girl was washed of color, with the most perfect pink nose Motif had ever seen in her life. Her paw pads where also pink and her silky coat was utterly white, she held none of the coloration of Motif's family, but she was without a doubt the most precious creature in the entire world.

"Speech"

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

06-26-2015, 02:39 AM

Shaye stayed at Rhythm's side, watching as the healer got to work. Not that there seemed to be much to do, as quickly pushed the baby free and Rhythm would cut the sack and start to clean the baby. Her mamma would cry out for her baby and there would be an awkward pause created by Rhythm, before her Auntie explained herself. Shaye would giggle then “Funny looking boy” she commented as she pushed forward for a closer look of her sister. As she passed Rhythm she gave the woman a thankful kiss on the cheek before she was beside her mother.

She reached down a paw and so carefully touched it against her sisters head, as through the baby was made of glass and a rough movement would shatter her. “She looks so different, she's so light and clear, she's like a vail against the world, she's a little Vail” Shaye commented with another giggle.
""

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
06-26-2015, 02:47 AM
He'd hear the cry and his heart melted at that second, the love he thought he felt for the little creature was nothing to what he felt now. Shai would patiently await the news as he peeked his head into the den. He couldn't see much but he would hear Motif call for him. Doing his best to squeeze and give the other wolves enough room within the den he'd make his way to Motif and set his eyes for the first time upon their newest child. She was so incredibly tiny he could hardly believe it. Already he knew that his son was his newest daughter. "She's so tiny," He'd whisper as Shaye spoke of her fondly. He'd nuzzle his older daughter lovingly, "She is isn't she?" He couldn't deny her perfection. Already he felt a burning desire to shield her from the world and all of its cruelties. "Motif you're amazing." He couldn't help but turn his attention to her as he nuzzled her lovingly.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-26-2015, 01:16 PM

Her joke probably wasn't well placed, but with a very healthy little girl and no other pups to be brought into the world they could relax and laugh about it later. Motif didn't seem to mind as Rhythm placed her new little niece into her mother's arms for the first time. Rhythm did not miss the look of love that fell over her sister's features. This child would never be short on love, Rhythm couldn't help but look to each face as they gazed at this new life. As Shai and Shaye drew more near Rhythm would back away, she knew that her place in this little family as not anywhere as huge as the other wolves within the den. That little jealousy bug wanted very much to bite Rhythm again, but she wasn't going to run out this time.

Shaye didn't hesitate to say what she thought about the little girl, indeed she was completely different than any of the other wolves in their family. Their siblings were almost all white, but they just weren't quite the same as this tiny girl. "Congratulations, Motif, Shai." She'd say softly as her blue and purple gaze found its way back to the little pink form. "So, who's going to name her?" She'd look back to Shaye, wondering if she might have named her right then.
""

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
06-27-2015, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2015, 08:12 PM by Motif I.)

In moments she was surrounded by her loved ones, Shaye was giggling and gently, very gently touching her new sister, Shai was at her side, his large bulk taking all the extra room as he admired his newest daughter, all that was missing was Rhythm who attempted to put herself into the background. There where definitely tears on Motif's cheek as she took in the most perfect scene in her entire life, there was only one thing that would have made this heaven on earth, and that would have been to have Chord Harmony and Bass just outside the very crowded den, their voices chiming in. the silence on that front was very obvious to the mother, but she would not let it ruin her moment.

“Get your important butt back here” Motif uttered through her happy sniffles at the sister that had attempted to back up, granted she was giving Shai room, but she deserved to be in this scene every bit as much her partner and daughters. She nuzzled Shai's larger nose, still crying, she laughed at the larger boy, and kissed her girls forehead once more. “She's exactly that.. isn't she.. a little Vail” Motif whispered, raising an eyebrow at Shai and grinning mischievously at Rhythm “I do believe Shaye just did” she replied to her sister.

"Speech"

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

06-27-2015, 08:26 PM

Shaye blinked at looked up at her mumma as sweet tears of happiness fell from her lids. She giggled then, remembering how once upon a time she thought the only reason anyone ever cried was when they stubbed their toe. Her eyes moved to find her wondrous Aunt, to wink at the other woman, to see if she also remembered that moment in Shaye's life, after all Rhythm had been a big part of educating Shaye out of that idea. She snuggled closer to Motif as her daddy squeezed into the small space and suddenly she was squished between both her parents, and all of them where looking down at the sweet little child in Motif's arms. Even in her short life span, Shaye could also recognize the perfection in the moment, how this could potentially be one of the most defining and important moments in her life.

As Motif scolded Rhythm, Shaye struggled to look over her shoulder at her Aunt, before backing out of her crammed space, wrapping her jaws around Rhythms paw, and trotting proudly forward, holding the extremity. Her intent was to get Rhythm half over Motif who was still lying on the ground, so Rhythm would be crammed up between the cave wall and Motif, and able to look down at the girl in her mamma's arms. She then squished herself back up between Shai and Motif, until there where four large faces looking down into the beautiful face of the newest addition to their family.

Of course, that would also be the moment Motif winked at Rhythm and pointed out that Shaye had just named the child. Shaye gasped and bopped her head gently against Vail, as the name settled down upon the girl and this little treasure became Vail. “Your gona be the most loved little creature in all of Alacritis, your gonna have Rhythm to teach you healing, mamma and daddy to love you and protect you, and I of course will teach you the best ways to get into trouble” she joked, finding there where tears sheening behind her eyes she looked up at Rhythm, and grinned widely.
""

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-30-2015, 12:50 PM

Rhythm wasn't given a whole lot of choise about leaving or not either, first Motif chastized her, noticing like a hawk the sudden loss of confidence in her sister. The chocolate girl couldn't help but to smile slightly as she was squished back into the group. Shaye wouldn't hesitate in taking her paw and pulling her over her sister. Rhythm wouldn't protest, and lingered right where she was supposed to. Now they all had a rather close look at the newest life in their family. There were a lot of emotions in that den, Shaye and Motif's tears threatened to choke Rhythm up as mother and daughter came to conclusion on a name. "little Vail” Rhythm would nod, it suited the tiny creature at her mother's breast.

With that she was christened, Shaye getting her wish to name one of the children. Rhythm would smile at her young niece as she celebrated her tiny sister. Telling her the exact truth. She would be the most loved pup in all of the lands. A sweet little princess in all her own rights. "You two are going to catch all the salsamanders." She'd grin back at Shaye, shaking her head in amusement. Hopefully Shaye would learn from her and her mother's mistakes. She never wanted to see a gap like that between Motif's children.
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

07-01-2015, 05:33 PM

Her eyes would find Rhythm's in that moment, and as her Aunt spoke, Shaye's eyes wold fill with tears, through none leaked through her blinking lids. “You remembered she whispered up her her wonderful Aunt. It felt like a life time ago, one of the firs visits Shaye had taken to Imp Rhythm had talked about salamander hunting, and the little girl Shaye had ben had struggled to form the big word. That was how it had come out, and Rhythm remembered it perfectly.

She blinked a few more times before turning back to Vail and leaning closer to the little girl. “And never make a mistake with your words. Your Aunt wont ever let you live it down” she whispered, winking at her Aunty, before once again turning her attention to her tiny little sister. “Little Vail” she said again, enjoying the sound of the name, of her sisters name.
""

Allen

gems
size
build
player
07-03-2015, 08:09 PM

The scent of birthing was something hard to miss. Allen had been patrolling, set to wandering around Abaven. He was assisting Bass best he could but he had to wonder about the man. He had actually been on his way to speak with him when this scent caught his attention. He would turn away from the direction he had been heading and instead make his way to Motif's den. Why... he hadn't even known that she had been pregnant! Has Bass? The man had to wonder, and he would approach the den cautiously.

He could smell several others inside. Shai. Shaye. Rhythm. That and the newborn which was at Motif's side no doubt. The man would gently clear his throat, calling into the den. "Congratulations." He wasn't sure how his presence would be taken. Hopefully they wouldn't mind him being there too much.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'
Table by:: Tealah