timing is everything

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
06-29-2015, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2015, 04:37 PM by Ara.)
It had already been six months since she and Novel had discussed going to find her parents and Steel - and any other of her siblings that might've followed them. Perhaps it was fear of what they might find that had kept them from embarking on their journey, or maybe they were just hesitant to leave their sons behind, despite them both being fully capable of caring for themselves. It had taken her a full half year to be mentally ready to leave - and she could only hope that Novel was just as ready. The relative silence of the wolves in Fiori was another sign they ought to leave now, though the pack had always been quite quiet. Even though winter was still present, the snow was beginning to lessen and the air slowly growing warmer.

A sigh left her lips as she padded toward the border of the mangroves, the sound nearly inaudible as it slipped from her jaws without thought. What they might find - if they ever did find her parents or siblings - she didn't know, but she knew they needed to go soon or they might never leave. After a moment of thought, Ara would tip her tan-furred muzzle to the sky and release a quiet call for her wife and sons, if only to say goodbye, for she had no idea how long they might be gone.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
06-30-2015, 11:59 AM

Almost the whole of the winter had passed as well as autumn since they'd spoke about searching for Ara's parents and siblings. Novel figured she needed at least that much time to prepare herself to go back out into the world. She felt some anxieties about their trip, but her mind had been mostly occupied by how much Psalm had been gone. He reappeared every so often but she couldn't shake how distant both her boys had become. They were almost two now though, something else she could hardly believe, and she knew they wouldn't be able to stay with her forever. She was starting to feel the effects of empty nest, and more than ever she wished that she was able to give Ara more children. Raising Hymn and Psalm with her had been a swift dream that seemed to be coming to an end all too soon. Though she knew she'd always have Ara knowing her boys were growing up was a fact that was getting hard to swallow.

She'd take a deep breath as these thoughts disturbed her, and swiftly it would leave her throat as a long sigh. She'd shift uncomfortably in the den, its walls seeming further away than ever now that Hymn and Psalm didn't really share it with them. Elohim had been scarce as well, she hadn't seen the golden lion tamarin in at least a year. She hoped he was alright. These thoughts would further drag her down, and the sudden call that reached out to her was like the most perfect blessing.

The arrow marked girl would slip from the den as she sought out Ara's side. She heard a call for their boys as well and for a long moment she wondered if they were about to take their leave of Fiori for now. Curiously she'd make her way over the mangrove, her tiny form finally coming into her wife's presence. A smile would fill her features as she didn't hesitate to embrace the gold marked woman.

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
07-04-2015, 10:37 PM
They had put off this trip for far too long. The uncertainty of it terrified her, even if she wouldn't admit it out loud - who knew how far her parents had gone? If they had planned to return at all? Some might've been hurt that they'd been abandoned by their parents, and their siblings, but Ara had never been one to hold a grudge. Their journey could last a day, or a month. There was no knowing what sort of journey they had in store.

Her features were a picture of solemnity as Novel approached. "My love," she would greet her wife gently, leaning to nuzzle her, with such affection as though she had not seen her in weeks - when it had been but a few hours. "I think it's time to leave." Behind her, her tail would flick nervously at her hocks. She had never gone far from her home, or her family, though she could not imagine leaving without Novel, her strength. "Do you think Psalm and Hymn are around? It wouldn't feel right to not say goodbye." They had been wandering further from home, which both made her proud and saddened at the same time.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
07-08-2015, 01:00 PM

Novel had been with Ara long enough that she could tell very well when she was nervous, while she felt similarly she hadn't had the heart to push their trip. She didn't know what they were going to find, nor how long they might be away from their two wonderful boys. Though the both of them were so independent now she could hardly believe it. By now she was even wondering if Psalm wished to keep his place in the pack.

She would be distracted from thoughts of her sons for a long moment as Ara came and held her close, whisper soflty to her. Their embrace always seemed like it was the first, passionate and full of the love that they shared for one another. Ara had been there when her life fell apart, she couldn't have wanted anyone else to be at her side for the rest of her life. She lived somewhat normally, only because of her wife. "I hope so, I would hate to leave with out saying good bye. She couldn't help but agree.

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Hymn

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantChristmas 2019
07-08-2015, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 06:36 PM by Hymn.)

He had been out of the pack lands when his mother had called for them, not far mind but out of the pack lands. Therefor it didn’t surprise him to find both his mothers embracing and in the middle of their own discussion. The boy approached slowly, tail wagging and tongue lolling happily. He would settle just far enough away to not intrude upon the two women’s moment but close enough that they should become aware of his presence.

Hymn had half expected to see Psalm and noting that he wasn’t within eye sight had the boy wondering where his twin had gone off too. He could tell their was significance to this particular meeting and he’s hate for his brother to miss it.

—  hymn

I gotta whisper
'cause I can't be too loud

I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3