size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
07-01-2015, 11:17 AM

Her tail was still splinted, the scabs on her lips were still fresh, and she moved stiffly with the bruises that covered her form. Still, she looked and felt a whole lot better than she had a few days ago. Soon she'd be up for the trip back to Abaven to help Motif with the birth of her child. She knew that she might be gone longer than she wanted, and had to tell Valen what was going on before she left. Rhythm was also going to make sure he knew he hadn't gotten out of their next date either.

He'd said he was proud of her performance against Cascade, and though defeat was bitter that was all the prize she wanted. To see the look in his eye as he took her in afterwards was sweeter than any victory. Slowly the chocolate girl made her way to an almost frozen pool, keeping hydrated had been the most difficult task thus far and she was more than happy to know that Spring was on its way. As she made her way to it's edge she'd realize another presence.
""

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
07-01-2015, 08:31 PM

At some point he was going to have to let Eva (with more than a little help from Cascade) loose on his wounds. Most of the injuries he'd sustained in his challenge against Alacritia were healing well, but the scab over the wound on his neck cracked and wept at the slightest provocation, and Valentine was getting tired of its shenanigans. He just wanted to be 100% again.

His petty grievances could wait though. At the moment he was on a mission. Both Rhythm and Cascade had sustained serious injuries during their fight, and while it had seemed, at first, that Cascade had taken the worst of it, and while she'd certainly taken the brunt, The Award for Most Serious Injury Taken went to Rhythm. Cascade had done a number on her tail and not surprisingly Rhythm had seemed unwell after the fight. She'd had a few days to rest and Valentine thought it was about time he checked in on her.

It seemed she was feeling well; Rhythm wasn't at her den. Following her trail, Valentine found her some distance away getting a drink. "Rhythm," he called in a low voice as he approached, "I'm glad to see you're up and about." The first couple of days after his tournament (could you even call that a tournament?) he hadn't bothered to crawl out of his den more than a fistful of times.

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
07-03-2015, 09:51 PM

As her eyes came up to meet his form she couldn't help the little grin that played over her features. Despite the rift that had been forced between them he still easily made her smile just at the sight of him. Rhythm couldn't help but to look closer and notice the wounds that littered his form, he looked worse than she did. Not that she had any power at the moment to help him, she could offer moral support but that wouldn't help him much. "Rhythm," he'd call out to her as he made a quick arrival. She'd flash him a quick grin as he assessed her wellness, though now that he was closer she could have said the same for him. "Hello, mister Imperialis." Her voice would greet him back, "I could almost say the same for you," her movements were a tad stiff but she looked him up and down to make her point. "Would you like some kisses to feel better?" She teased, trying not to forget she had to tell him about Motif.
""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

07-03-2015, 10:13 PM

She came back with a, "I could almost say the same for you." Touche. He grinned and then, forgetting for a second, shrugged his shoulders dismissively. The gesture tugged at the annoying wound on his neck and he had to resist the urge to flinch. Really, how hard was it to sit there quietly and heal without complaint? The damn thing needed to get better already.

Her next statement caused his ears to perk up. "Kisses, you say?" An impish grin tugged up the corners of his lips and he murmured, "Yes, please!" before prancing closer. It felt a little weird to act as if nothing had happened, but he desperately wanted to get back to normal. Not back to the way it used to be, because that was long gone and there wasn't a chance at that, but a new normal. Whatever that was.

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
07-03-2015, 10:36 PM

He wouldn't deny her the logic she showed him, and she had no doubt that it had pained him too. He wouldn't flinch but she could see how much strain he put on his wounds and she would guess. Pain forgotten he'd perk at her teasing words, answering quickly in the affirmative he'd draw more near to her for those promised affections. She couldn't help but giggle, and equally would try to ignore what had been looming over them heavily the week before. She knew they still weren't quite back to where they'd once been but she also knew that they'd never get back there. Their relationship would forever be different, but she hoped that was all if was. Change didn't always mean bad, it just meant.. different.

She'd close the rest of the distance between them, seeing if he'd let her brush her chest against his as she moved to kiss his wounds carefully. She didn't want to push too hard on him, knowing he had to be just as bruised beneath his fur as she was. The chocolate girl would kiss at his neck, gently moving up (on her tippy toes) to his jaws. "You know, my lips are still a bit cut up. I might need some kisses too." She'd whisper mischievously between soft kisses and the occasional venturous nibble.
""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

07-04-2015, 02:41 PM

Valentine readily accepted her affections. Rhythm's touch was gentle and very careful, her lips seeking out his numerous injuries and dealing out tender care. The King stood still under her touch, awareness causing his skin to prickle in anticipation. He had missed this. It would have been easy to lose himself to this, to allow himself to forget their spat, but now more than ever he was aware of the danger. It had been there all along and in his lovesickness he had been blind to it. But now he knew. He knew and he could not, would not, forget.

"You know, my lips are still a bit cut up. I might need some kisses too." His ears perked at this. "Oh?" he murmured with faux concern, "Is that so?" It was his turn to play doctor. "Well, lets see what I can do..." Neck arching, Valentine reached down to intercept Rhythm's affections and gently kiss at her torn lips.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
07-05-2015, 07:25 PM

She couldn't deny how good it felt to relax in his presence, to feel his presence next to her as well as his gentle affections. He would stay still as she administered hers first though, gentle and carefully placed. Rhythm would focus on the present as she pushed the past to the back of her mind. If this was a new normal she could get used to it. He'd perk at her words though, his mock concern endearing as he looked her over. Not hesitating to do his best to make her feel better as well. She'd find his kisses between her lips and his wounds, smiling shyly up at him the girl would enjoy his touch. "You should pretend my tail is wagging," she'd whisper between his kisses before she returned them in kind. She missed kissing him, and wouldn't mind getting lost in his embrace. She'd told him that she was his, and had meant it.
""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

07-08-2015, 08:56 PM

"You should pretend my tail is wagging." Valentine pulled back to look at her, a grin on his lips. Unable to resist, the King leaned in for one more kiss before forcing himself to behave. He didn't know if he could go anywhere with it anyway. "So I take it you're feeling better? Well," he shrugged and rolled his eyes heavenward, before seeking out her gaze again, "As well as one can be while all banged up." Sadly, magic kisses didn't really do the trick. It was a shame, really. If they did anything at all he'd have been all over her wounds.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
07-08-2015, 09:23 PM

Rhythm might have stood there all day and kissed him, though she had to doubt he'd have the patience for that. With how her injuries were it was probably better for her to go back and lay down for a while longer so she'd have plenty of strength to help her sister with her pregnancy and birth. "Quite a bit better, thanks to Shaye. She's been taking care of me the last couple of days." Still very much banged up, but doing better than the day of. Progress was progress no matter how small. "In a few days, once I'm really doing better, I need to go back to Abaven." Motif needed her. "Motif is pregnant, and she requested I be there for her. Shaye wants me to help guide her through the birth too." By that time she was rambling, but there was a plead in her voice. "I promise I'll take it easy though, I'll come back fit as a spring doe and.."She'd lean forward and take her own 'one more kiss' from his cute nose. "..we can start where we left off." She was certain neither of them were going anywhere fast with the kind of injuries they were still dealing with.
""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

07-09-2015, 02:29 PM

Her words confirmed his hopes and he rumbled his approval of her progress. The statements did, however, bring an unpleasant thought to mind. He'd known of Shaye's presence in Imperium, but he couldn't recall a howl to announce her presence. It was a minor offense, but it seemed like Rhythm's niece was spending quite a bit of time in Imperium even though she wasn't a member. His acceptance had been under the belief that she would visit occasionally, not several times a season and several days at a time. At some point he was going to have to broach the subject to Rhythm and/or Shaye.

"...I need to go to Abaven." His ears perked at this and his eyebrows rose in a question. Rhythm was quick to explain, telling him of her sister's pregnancy. Ah, so the mouthy fae he'd met that one time got knocked up again, did she? Destructions were a lot like rabbits, it seemed. Rhythm began to rush through her explanation in a way that had Valentine's interest. His brow briefly knit in confusion. Did she really think he wouldn't let her go and help her sister? Before he could dwell on it, she leaned in and kissed him again. If that was an effort to butter him up, it worked. Not that he really needed much buttering.

"Of course you can go," he said reassuringly (and perhaps, a tad impatiently). Mischief brightened his features and crinkled the skin around his eyes. By then her tail should be healed and that obstacle would be no more. Spring doe indeed. "That sounds like a fantastic idea. And I will wait," That sounded like an awful idea, "Eagerly for your return." Possibly at the border.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
07-09-2015, 10:06 PM

At first he didn't seem to mind her rambling so much, a curious quirk of his brow (which she couldn't help but note as adorable) and a little concern were what met her for a bit. When she got to talking to much though he'd grow a bit more serious and she'd try to wrap it up quickly. The kiss seemed to diffuse any annoyance he might have felt with her many words and lengthy explanation, She made a promise that she intended to keep, this whole tail thing was much more inconvenient than she'd first thought. "Of course you can go," She'd smile brightly, not that she'd ever really expected a different answer from him.

He seemed just as excited for her to come back though, she was so ready for her tail to be healed up. For more than one reason, and taking a little almost Vacation seemed like the perfect place to be healing. There would be no distraction that she might have had here. "I'll be sure to hurry back."
""