gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-07-2015, 01:13 PM

The chocolatey form of Threar's Author would slowly shift over the greening grasses of the bay. The hint of a smile would play on his features as he walked alone over the land. His head was level with his spine as he slowly made his way, bicolored eyes sweeping the territory as he passed along the borders. He focused on the task at hand, keeping his worrying mind from thinking his usual thoughts. He'd been able to calm himself considerably after the rough winter, while there was still a chill in the air he was able to give up most of his worry about making it through winter. If the pack kept up wit their hunting practices though they'd get through easily. He wished he could boast stronger members though, while he had a strong faith in most all of them he did worry for a couple.

Still there were happy thoughts that should have been floating through his head as well. His children were adults now, fully grown and he could hardly believe it. It wouldn't be too much longer and they'd be the same age that their parents had been when they met. That thought was what worried him the most. He was too young to be a grandfather, he wasn't ready for his babies to have babies. When he remembered what he'd done at their age... sneaking into the pack, getting Novella pregnant before they had even agreed to marry.. Oh gods he had a rough couple of years coming up.
"Speech"

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Herne

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
07-07-2015, 03:25 PM

Herne made his way across the Threar border with a few puny branches of Horsetail. It had been a good find, but the chill that had continued to linger into Spring had stunted the growth of many of the herbs he had been able to find. He had given up on finding any more within Threar's borders and had begun to expand his search now that he was gaining his strength back.

As he was heading back to his den though, he caught his father's scent and noticed his dark form several feet away through the trees. He hadn't gotten to really speak with him besides at the spar training. He turned his path toward Frith instead, smiling around his mouthful of herbs as he hurried to catch up with him. He trotted up beside him, giving a muffled, "Hello," around the Horsetail. He chuckled and came to a halt so he could set the plants down at his feet. "Hello, father," he repeated, smiling happily with his tail wagging slowly behind him.

"Talk" "You" Think

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-12-2015, 12:40 PM

He was more than relieved to see his son Herne make what seemed to be a complete recovery. He was strong enough now to leave the territory, but Frith had just been relieved to see him leave the den. While Frith's thoughts lingered on his children one of them would appear before him, his mouth quite full of plant. Frith couldn't help but grin amusedly at the muffled greeting, chuckling slightly as Herne left the group at his feet. "Hello, Herne." He'd answer with a slight tilt of his head, and love in his bicolored gaze. "It's nice seeing you out," He'd tell him as he took a quick seat. "What have you found?" Frith knowledge in healing was somewhat limited, but he did know a few battle remedies. His mother had tought him everything she knew, and she hardly left him ill prepared for any kind of life he chose. His children were the same age as him when Kynareth passed away, had he done as good of a job in raising them? Probably not. At least not while he had a whole pack to care for. They deserved more of his attention, and it hurt him to know he couldn't offer that.
"Speech"

Herne

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
07-27-2015, 11:49 PM

Herne followed his fathers actions and settled onto his haunches as well, a smile ever present on his muzzle. He glanced down at the herbs at his paws when his father asked about them and he lifted his gaze back to Frith's with a small, proud grin. "Just some horsetail. I'm surprised I was able to find any with this early spring chill that has been hanging around, but I found enough to make the trip worth it." He chuckled softly and glanced down breifly to gently nudge one of the twigs that had fallen to the side back into the pile. He was pretty happy with his find all things concerned. "What are you up to, father? Anything interesting?" he asked as he looked up to find Frith's gaze again. He knew his family had worried about him when he was sick, but now that he was better he just wanted to show them all that he was fine and that his focus was completely on them and his studies.

"Talk" "You" Think

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
08-02-2015, 02:02 PM

Frith loved the smile on Herne's lips, after knowing him as a sick pup for long it was relieving to see him smiling, and more collecting herbs. Frith would mean pridefully, probably more proud of the boy than he was himself. He was already astounded by what he knew, the name of the plant he'd gathered as well as why it was he hadn't found much. He had listened to those little lessons hadn't he. Frith hadn't been able to help it, when he'd spent those long nights with the boy while he was sick he'd spoke, to what he thought, was a mostly unconscious pup. Surely some of that knowledge was retained? He nodded in approval as he was questioned in turn. What had he been doing? Dwelling on the future too much. "Thinking about how much all of you are growing up." He'd try to say with out regret, but if he'd been able to keep them as tiny puppies he would have. They would have all fit in his and Novella's den much better that way.
"Speech"