Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
07-09-2015, 09:44 PM

His wounds were all healed though a few scabs still lingered. It felt good to be fighting fit again. Having to monitor his movements had chafed at him. The giant was rather fond of his freedom and his wounds had kept him confined to Imperium for far too long. He was desperate for a run.

So for a run he went. Starting in the knolls he raced along the outskirts of Imperium. From there he traveled around the range before making his way to the orchard. His legs were a blur beneath him as he ran flat out. All too quickly his lungs were burning and his legs ached and he was forced to slow to a jog and from the jog to a walk. By that time he was halfway around the orchard he was out of breath and in need of a break.

Cutting into the orchard, Valentine started to walk down one of the 'aisles' of trees. Somehow they'd all grown in rows and while the trees in those rows were still pretty orderly, the aisles themselves were choked with new growth and tall grass. It was a bit early for fruit, but he could hope, right?

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Lysis

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
07-16-2015, 02:37 PM

Life in Imperium had grown.. slightly more dull than she had anticipated. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It was simply how things were. Even Kyarst had been more scarce than usual, which left her feeling restless. Perhaps with the arrival of spring, she hoped, might bring some excitement into her life again.

Quietly she crept through the Orchard, her paws moving nimbly as she went. Her own movements were slow and fluid, calculated with each step she took. The scent of spring foliage was a bit powerful, despite the lack of fruit yet - and admittedly, it was a bit strange to her - though not entirely unpleasant. Only when Valentine's scent met her nostrils did she bring her attention rapidly back to the present. Her head would swivel, searching for him down a peculiarly straight line of trees. When he came into view her pace would slow, her head dipping in respectful greeting. "Valentine," she would greet the much larger male, the faintest hint of a smile appearing on her lips.

Kyarst, her half-brother and closest friend, is allowed in any and all of her threads.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

07-24-2015, 09:54 PM

Having paused to stare up into the trees, Valentine tsked to himself in disappointment. As he'd expected there was no ripe fruit. There was plenty of unripe fruit, the tiny green apples dotting the branches here and there, but each and every one was still held close to the limbs and cupped protectively by the leaves. He took solace in the assumption that when it was time the orchard would be overflowing with fallen apples.

The ghost-like approach of his Praesidio went unnoticed until her call rang out. Turning, Valentine returned her greeting with a dip of his head. ”Ah, Lysis. Hello,” he rumbled. Curiously he studied her for a moment. He'd seen very little of this woman and knew even less about her. What did he know about her? After a moment's thought it occurred to him that what he knew about her could be summed up in two names: Kyarst and Drashiel. A third could be tossed in, he supposed, but 'Armada' told him a lot less about her than the names of her brothers.

He needed to remedy his lack of knowledge. Trust was key and he knew nothing of this woman. Not of her interests, her ideals, her goals. Nothing. Her relations to his friend and her grief had gotten her into the pack without a test, so he knew nothing of her abilities. That needed to be fixed. ”How are you doing? I hope Imperium is treating you well.”

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Lysis

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
08-13-2015, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2015, 10:17 PM by Lysis.)

Lysis was surprisingly okay with how little she knew Valentine. It seemed he was quite the popular fellow, and though she liked and respected him well enough, she was perfectly okay with their relationship being just that - of a pack member and alpha. Though she wouldn't argue with getting to know him better, not at all. Her smile was sweet enough as he greeted her, her own head dipping in a gentle greeting.  

"I'm doing well," she responded with an accompanying nod of her head.  "Imperium is the second-best pack I've had the pleasure of being a part of." Her words were more whimsical than anything; certainly he could understand that the nostalgia of a pack led by her father was unshakable.  "But in all seriousness, it's been good here. It is nice to have somewhere I feel I belong again." She hadn't fully integrated into the pack, not like some of the others, but it had gone better than expected even with the less-than-ideal reaction of the very nieces and nephews she had hoped to get to know here. "I should thank you again for letting Kyarst and I stay here."

Kyarst, her half-brother and closest friend, is allowed in any and all of her threads.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

08-19-2015, 07:33 PM

"I'm doing well," came her answer, and Valentine was in the middle of nodding his approval when her next statement broke over him. His head froze in surprise for a split second and then he snorted a laugh and chuckled heartily, his features brightening in unmistakable amusement. "It is nice to have somewhere I feel I belong again." This time he managed to make it through an appreciative nod without interruption. He was very happy to hear how well she was liking the pack. Even if it only ranked second best on her list. "I'm glad you're finding it to your liking."

"I should thank you again for letting Kyarst and I stay here." At these words his expression sobered. It wasn't the thought of accepting them in that saddened him, but the circumstances that brought the Armada pair to Imperium. "There's no need to thank me."  Valentine shrugged. "If anything, my decision was a selfish one." With a small smile, he explained, "Drashiel was a good man and it was a pleasure to know him. I could only assume that his siblings were made of the same stuff." His thoughts drifted to the regal Armada king. It had been a pleasure indeed.