size
Large
build
-
player
07-19-2015, 02:20 PM

THE WOLVES WILL CHASE YOU IN THE PALE MOONLIGHT
Drunk and driven by a devil's hunger...

So this was the Sparse Pines the loner was talking about?  Hárekr's breath spilled from his panting maw, condensing into fog in the still frigid northern air.  Well… it seemed aptly named for there were pines and the were, indeed, sparse…. and quite short.  Háre wasn't overly thrilled with the lack of cover but at least his pale coat would offer some camouflage as he moved through the snow on his way south.

Humming lightly to himself Hárekr slipped into a small cluster of the pines, paws moving rapidly as he dug a nice spot to curl up and rest.  Pulling his paws in tight to his body he wrapped his inky black tail around himself and listened to the sound of wind gliding across the frozen plain.  He would not allow himself to sleep, no, this was but a small pause in a longer journey. He would remain attentive for the approach of other creatures, particularly bears.... and perhaps potential prey if he were lucky.

Sin

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Dragon Mod
07-25-2015, 07:46 PM
Blood dripped in a steady rhythm beneath his paws. The crimson trail etched in the snow. He kept a firm grip on the young seal he had caught in the Polar Sound, and was now on his way back to the Pines where his families base of operations were for the time being. He didn't intend to stay in the Pines, the territory tainted by his sires doing. The location too well known for his liking, so their stay here was only temporary.

Crimson stained pelt did decent to blend with the snow surrounding him, though he was sure if one had a good eye his markings would be a dead giveaway. But at least from afar his markings could probably pass for simple spatters of blood on the ground. He could smell his children, their scents a little stale as they lurked around the lands looking for others to recruit. His plans were settling quite nicely, and his fur pricked with anticipation.

As he came over a rise and the few feeble trees came into view, he spotted a slight dark lump within a depression of snow. Amber gaze narrowed slightly as he paused, nostrils flaring in an attempt to capture the scent. But all he could smell was the strong fatty scent of the seal in his jaws. With his head lowered, Sin approached slowly, gaze never leaving the hole until he could see what lied within. To his surprise, it was another wolf. Just...lying there In a hole...in the ground...where green grass didn't grow all around.

He suppressed a growl, this wasn't his territory anyway, but still. This male was a stranger, but perhaps not for long. He stopped about five or so feet from him, and dropped his prey by his feet as he licked his lips. "Not many strangers willingly come up this way." His voice was cool and collected, no hostile hint..yet.

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-25-2015, 08:02 PM

Breathe slipped smoothly in and out of his lungs, turning to mist in the frigid air. He could almost feel the earth humming underneath him. The north, what a lovely place. Harsh and bitter, the very air was meant to make a wolf feel the sting of being alive. Getting to his paws Hárekr shook out his coat, let the subtle whisps of wind wind through the trees and ruffle his fur as he peered out at the brilliant white surroundings. The bi-colored male hissed to himself. He much preferred the night and silently he willed the moon to rise.

Blood. Hárekr's head snapped in the direction of it. The blood was not that of battle, not the blood spilled of his kind but of prey. Háre crouched down in his little depression, curious excitement bubbling through his frame as a blood-stained form appeared on the horizon. He watched it intently, this other wolf with his meal. My, my…. what a glutton…. so much FAT! His mouth was practically watering as he eyed the meal. However, Háre was fairly sated and not really looking to eat more. Instead he contented himself with watching the stranger approach.

As the other man looked down at him Háre offered a grin. The man dropped his catch and offered a wary greeting. Hárekr's tail wagged slightly as he climbed out of the hole. "Hola! Haha, no I suppose not many find the bite of a frigid world to be pleasurable. But I find the air up here has a way of sharpening both mind and fang… that is quite a fine catch you have there. Do you live here?"

Sin

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Dragon Mod
07-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Hola...Sin knew that greeting to be "hello" in Spanish. He knew very few words of that language, but enough to know the basics from his recent travel. The male climbed from his hole to meet him, ears lifting forward as the stranger continued speaking. Sin's brow rose slightly as the stranger continued his speech. He often came across many who despised the North, but to come across someone who actually fancied it was surprisingly, a relief in some ways.

He'd mention his catch, a small smile broadened his features. "Seal aren't entirely easy to catch. Unless they're lounging around above the ice and away from their swimming holes. This young one wasn't very lucky. And I suppose you could say I live here with my family for the time being." This two toned guy was interesting, Sin wondered where he came from since he had never seen him around before, then again a lot of new faces had been showing up recently across the lands.

"Well said, stranger...I believe the North offers those same things should you allow it the opportunity. The North is my preferred haven, so we have one thing in common it seems. What is your name?"

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-25-2015, 08:32 PM

Up close the other man was quite massive. Standing a good six inches above Hárekr, and he had the aire about him of a brutish fighter. Curious indeed. Háre nodded as the other male spoke. He knew of seal, he liked sucking the fat from the bloated corpses of stranded seal or picking off the remains of polar bear kills. It was not a creature he actively hunted them though. Háre's ears perked up as the man stated that he and his family were currently living in the north… at least for the moment. Ohhhh had he perhaps found a potential tour guide?

Háre grinned his cheshire grin as he proudly announced himself. "I am Hárekr Kaltharsis, son of Harlikin Kaltharsis and Shælyn Dyre. And who might you be?" Háre was quite pleased that the other was a northerner. He wasn't sure he could take anyone whiny about how harsh the terrain was. "I don't suppose you would have the time to show me around this lovely terra? I will help carry your kill. I'm merely curious if all the terrain is this featureless and what sort's of prey wander through here apart from seal. I thought I scented caribou a ways back but it the wind was not favorable. I can't be sure."

Sin

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Dragon Mod
07-25-2015, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2015, 10:09 PM by Sin.)
He listened to the strangers introduction, the blood stained male putting that name to memory. Hàrekr...an odd name, and he wondered about its origins. As curious as he was, he wouldn't ask about it just yet. He'd ask for his name, and in turn Sin would give it to him. "Sin Armada. Pleasure." was all he'd muster. Sin cared not for his parents, his mother and father both being tyrants and unworthy of mentioning. Sin was all his own, the lineage restarting with him. He had three children already, with more on the way.

The small smile that had appeared previously grew a little bigger, not because he had something hidden up his sleeve but because it was perhaps, the first time anyone had asked him to show them around. He nodded, "I could show you. The Northern parts here has much to offer, unfortunately the better parts are inhabited by two packs that reside here much to my dislike. But there are a few places worth checking out."

Sin turned his head, indicating the way he came. "That way Is the Polar Sound. Where I got this seal. And you are correct, nearby there are some herds of caribou and they travel throughout this region. There's also wild goat in these regions, along with musk ox. If it's bigger game you're looking for." He eyed the male, wondering if he had any intentions of his own other then sight seeing. Sin after all, had an agenda to fill. He needed more followers, to begin the pyramid of his empire to be.

He pawed at his prey, and to be honest he wasn't all that hungry. He had only really caught it because it was just lying there, and he wouldn't let an opportunity at spilling blood go to waste. "You can have this if you're hungry. My children aren't around, and I'm not too hungry. Otherwise it can be saved for later lest it be left as crow food. But I'm not a very wasteful individual. This spring seems to be a little harder this year, so it's best not to waste it. It's up to you, however."

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-27-2015, 08:02 PM

Keen senses caught the tone in which the other male introduced himself.  Sin Armada.  Curious that he left out his lineage.  Where Hárekr hailed from it was fairly customary to introduce oneself through naming their parents and while it could be merely a customary difference Háre didn't think so.  It seemed the male was distant from his family.  There could be many reasons for that but the bi-colored male chose not to make assumptions.  His own relationship with his parents had been rather… colorful.

Sin seemed to perk up at the thought of giving a tour which in turn caused Háre's own grin to widen.  Excellent!  He'd been rather hoping for a guide, to get a feel for the lands of the north where he'd inevitably make his home.  The thick-pelted man was not built for the hotter weather of the other territories.

The Northern parts here has much to offer, unfortunately the better parts are inhabited by two packs that reside here much to my dislike. But there are a few places worth checking out."

Háre nodded.  "Aye, I caught the smell of packs as I wandered in along the place of the tall red trees.  Quite a fascinating area…  like something out of the legends I was told as a child." He purposely kept his cards close to his chest.  Seeking information before he'd divulge any of his intentions.  The pair strode through the snowy landscape and Háre took in the other males words, committing the sights, sounds and smells to memory.  The Polar Sound was where the other had taken the seal but the herds of caribou and wild goat were what caught his attention.  Ahhh… but to hunt those successfully he really needed a pack.  Same for musk oxen which were quite delicious.

Sin pawed at his catch and Háre's stared at it for a moment as Sin more or less offered the kill to him.  Bi-colored gems flicked up to gaze at the man as his voice rolled out in almost a purr. "How generous, to offer such a kill to a stranger… is there a catch?" Hárekr had been brought up understanding that nothing in the world was free and there were reasons and motivations behind every act and gesture.  Such blatant generosity was completely foreign to him.  What was the other man after?

Sin

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Dragon Mod
07-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Sin Armada

A generous offer? He supposed so. Though Sin didn't exactly see it that way. He allowed a moment to pass after the males question, he didn't have to quite think about his answer. But he thought about how the other would respond. "A catch? No. However, a proposition maybe." He grinned as he glanced at Harekr, his tone smooth and his posture relaxed. He was going to show him around the North, give him a good head start on his bearings around here. After all, every area was good to know. You never knew when you might need to know the layout of the land step for step. It was useful information after all. "Actually, the only thing I ask is an alliance of sorts. You see, I have plans to create a pack in the near future." Yes, late next season he estimated. It was drawing closer, and whether this male chose to ally himself or not Sin wouldn't throw a fit. "I estimate somewhere around...next season. Unless you have other plans, what do you say?"

ooc//sorry for short post....just not in a good mood atm

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-02-2015, 09:27 PM

Eyes glided over the meet, searching casually for any signs of poison. It was habit, nothing more. He did not believe the other sought to poison he. The man spoke of offering a proposition and Hárekr nodded with a grin on his face. "I'm listening." Ears would remain alert as his maw parted, fangs shredding through fat and blubber, wolfing it down like a beast that had not fed for weeks. Háre had lived a fair part of his life as a scavenger and would not let the opportunity of a free meal pass him by.

Sin spoke of an allegiance and plans to create a pack within the next season. Hárekr stopped eating and licked the blood from his fangs as he mused over the proposition but in truth he already knew the answer. "If we had met a bit sooner perhaps my answer would be different. As it is I've sworn an oath to the woman of the Red Forest." He'd only been in the pack a few weeks, many of those days spent wandering the nearby territories, getting a feel for the North as a whole, it was no surprise he had yet to smell like the pack.

Of course, Hárekr's oaths were tricky things. His words would twist and he was not foreign to the practice of lying. Things might change in the future. But for now Katja was the one with a pack and the one with power. This man had a dream but nothing concrete and Hárekr would not swear an oath to empty air. "This woman is not the kind to make alliances so I'm afraid I can offer you nothing except good will. I hope the gods smile upon you and that your pack comes to be. May it grow to be a mighty force… a feared force. And when the time comes that you seek dominion of the north I hope to meet your pack in fang and fury on the battlefield!"

He felt the thrill of the prospect swell in his heart. It'd been too long since he'd partaken in proper battle rather than the hit and run needs of a lone rogue. Háre dipped his head just slightly. "I thank you for the meal, Sin Armada. I've a feeling fate will cross our paths again." Turning Hárekr trotted off back toward the forest. Time would tell if it was wise to feed a serpent.

-exit-