ardent

My Fairest Lady

Kar

gems
size
build
player
07-21-2015, 02:07 PM

As the sun rose and the children went off to play he called to her. Called to his beloved Nalyda, summoning her to where he stood. Not necessarily a summons, so to speak, but rather a request for his beloved to come to his side. The gray and white male would sit, tail curling around his body as he thought of how lucky he was. He had a loving wife, four beautiful children who still lived with him. The last, wherever she was, the man honestly hoped the best for her. For she was still his daughter and should she ever come home he would wait for her in kind.

The man would look at the goose he had caught, laying by his side. A present for his beloved. She worked hard, especially with young Annette now blind, to keep them all healthy and safe. But there was something else that worried him. The rogue boy, Hypnos. Something about the young man foretold of something more mysterious. Something that Kar didn’t quite care for. But Mystic seemed to care for him deeply, and, well, the boy had helped them fight off Ashamoro. Perhaps Kar was being too quick to judge him.

Lost in thought, the man would wait.

"Nalyda Speech," "Kar Speech"

Table by:: Keno

Nalyda

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
player
07-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Nalyda was outside of the den, gathering herbs to try and see if she could help Annette some more. The cuts that she had recieved from her so-called, Guardian, had been troubling her pup deeply. Her crimson orbs would look up, her ears swiveled to the side as she was called by her mate.

The dark dame grabbed the collected herbs and walked back to the den, smiling when she saw her mate as she placed the herbs down and approached him, nudging his chest as she smiled. "What did you need me for, my love?" She asked, sitting down beside him and wrapping her tail around her side, cranium tilted everso slightly.

Kar

gems
size
build
player
07-21-2015, 02:30 PM

Kar would gently brush his head into Nalyda’s body as she came to him, sitting down not far from where he sat. The male would give a soft, happy whine, glad to see her. “My Nalyda,” He would breathe, lifting his gaze to meet hers. The man had missed spending time alone with her so, and so he would speak. “I wanted to spend some time with you, Nalyda. Just the two of us.” The male would keep his mind alert as he nibbled upon her neck.

“I love you so...” He’d breathe out. Slowly he’d reach around, pulling the goose up to drop to her paws. “Here my beloved. One goose, ready for eating~” He would begin to wag his tail happily, grinning some.

“I already spoke to Zen. He seemed content with keeping Annette company while I stole some time with you today.” Kar would wink. His heart would beat quicker in his chest, his eyes shining brightly.

Speech, Thought

Nalyda

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
player
07-21-2015, 02:35 PM
Nalyda smiled and licked his cheek as she looked down to the goose. She tore into the fresh meat, eating it. Her stomach was empty and she was happy that her mate was willing to give her breakfast. Her eyes would soon shift over to him, moving back slightly and pushing the rest over to him.

"I have had my fill, so please, eat," she explained and looked outside, smiling when she saw the pups playing and wrestling with one another. She could tell her older pups would be leaving soon, and she whined a sad whine when she thought about it.

Kar

gems
size
build
player
07-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Nalyda would eat and Kar’s gaze would slide to their children. Zenkai and Annette were wrestling, their son being extra gentle and careful with his sister. He loved her so, as Annette loved him. They were good together. Kar would feel a pang in his heart as well. He knew their oldest litter would be adults next season. It really made him realize how old he was becoming; how old Nalyda was becoming. The thought was a little scary, truth be told. Time was a cruel thing, always marching on, whether you were left behind or not.

“Hnn... It’s funny how time is a cruel mistress...” Kar would whisper to her, lowering his head to the goose. “Seems our years are slipping away from us, my beloved. The harder we try to stay young, to stay youthful, the more slips away.”

Nalyda

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
player
08-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Nalyda would not her head in understanding to him. She did not wish to leave her mate or children behind, but, she did know that she was becoming weaker. The woman did not know how much longer she had left in the world, and sadness would come over her, however, she stayed strong and kept her gaze on her children. They were the only things that kept her fighting and staying alive. She sighed.

"Kar..." she spoke, voice becoming sadenning yet audible, "I have this illness surrounding my body...I dont know how much longer I have, but, I will continue fighting cause I wish to help our pups and see them grow up..." She looked to her belly, her eyes closing. Growths were surrounding her stomach, and, she knew there was nothing she could do about them.

Kar

gems
size
build
player
08-06-2015, 05:54 PM

Kar would perk his ears, hearing the sadness that tinted Nalyda's voice. How could this be? Illness? He would flick his ears back, giving a low whine. "Sickness... but Nalyda... how can this be? You've got too much life ahead of you yet to die! You can't!" The man would get to his paws, his heart aching. This couldn't be true. There couldn't be something wrong with his beloved mate.

"You... you're lying..." Kar was in denial. "Please tell me this is a lie... some sick joke... Nalyda hunny please..." He would draw closer to her, gently nosing the underside of her muzzle, encouraging her to look at him. "There must be some mistake..."

Nalyda

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
player
08-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Nalyda looked to him and then hung her head once more, her eyes soon closing. She was weak, and every time she would move long distances, she would become weaker throighout each passing day. The sound of the birds surrounded the silence that she was tempting not to break with what she was to tell her mate. The pups that were inside the den did not hear for they were busy playing with one another to notice what was going on.

"I am afraid i am not lying to you...I woke up a couple weeks ago to find these growths on me," she lied down on her side as small growths were noticeable, and caused her tremendous pain. "I have tried herbs, but, every time i tried, they did not go away. I do not know how much longer I have in this world. I, however, wish for you to do this one thing for me." She looked back up to her mate and sat back down on her haunches, "If I die first, I want you to look after the pups until all of them are old enough to be on their own. They need someone to take care of them, even if i am not around," she explained, sadness in her voice as she tried not to have tears run down her face.

Kar

gems
size
build
player
08-06-2015, 06:09 PM

Kar would swallow hard. It was not easy looking upon the growths that his mate showed him. They looked painful, and it definitely seemed that his beloved was in pain. There was no relief from herbs, and his heart would ache tremendously as he lay down beside her. Kar would give another whine, ears remaining flat against his head as he licked her cheek. He felt so helpless, the pain within his chest growing at a rate that felt as if his very heart was being crushed. Why... why he had to wonder. Nalyda was older, yes, but she... she couldn't...

Kar would close his eyes tightly, fighting back the tears that wanted to fall. "I'll try my best..." He would promise. "But I can not guarantee that I'll be there for them forever... I... I love you Nalyda..." Kar would lift his gaze to meet her own. "I don't think I can live long without you..."

Nalyda

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
player
08-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Nalyda had tears run down her cheek, sadness still surrounded her as she looked to her mate, and then to her pups. Yes, she was older than her mate, but she still loved and respected her family. When this illness happened to come over her, she was heart-broken. She licked her mate's cheek, a small whine coming from her as her crimson orbs shown kindness and understanding despite the pain she was feeling, as well as trying to stay strong for her mate and pups.

"Kar, I know you think that this was unfair, but, a lot of things cannot be helped. You are strong, and you have kept me going for so long. I am happy to have called you my mate," she explained, placing her paw on top of his own as she kept her cranium below his chin, "Even if I go and leave you and the pups, remember that I will be feeling no pain, and I will watch over our pups as well as you no matter what happens. You are my life, and, when my time comes, remember this: I was lucky to have such a wonderful family that I would die for either way."

Kar

gems
size
build
player
08-06-2015, 06:46 PM

Kar would swallow hard. Yes, it wasn't fair, but Nalyda was right. Sometimes there were things in life that wasn't fair. He didn't feel strong. He felt absolutely weak and worthless for not being able to protect his beloved from this illness. He would give a small nuzzle to his mate, giving a soft sigh as he set his head upon his paws. Heartache. Wondering how much time she had left. Maybe if he sought out another healer he could help her. But then again.... would it cause her more suffering knowing he was trying in vain?

"I was the one lucky to have you." The man would confess. "I love you so much Nalyda... I can't imagine life without you... I just..." He shook his head. "No... no more of this talk." He would lean in, licking her tears away. "The important thing... is to treasure the time you have left." So why did it hurt so much that he was saying that?

Nalyda

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
player
08-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Nalyda placed placed her head on his paw before lifting her head and looking to the sky. "Oh, Kar..." she sighed, her eyes closing as she soon opened her optics once more and looked to the sky, a small smile appearing on her lips. "Life has its ups and downs. I was lucky to have beautiful children, and a wonderful mate who i cared for deeply, and still do to this very moment. We all may not know when our time comes, but, I was happy to know you and have you as my mate, and have our pups. They were what kept me going through the tough times, and you always made me happy whenever I was feeling depressed. For that, I couldnt ask for me," her eyes looking back over to Kar as she licked his cheek.

She saw the pups playing. Annette, despite her blindness, had Zenkai pinned and was playfully growling and tugging on his ear. Nalyda couldn't help but smile. "Annette will be a strong and dependant wolf when she grows up, I am very sure of it. I may not be alive when she grows up; however, I will still watch over all of you and keep you safe and happy no matter what trials may come your way." She explained, nudging her mate underneath her chin.

Kar

gems
size
build
player
08-17-2015, 03:11 PM

Kar would listen to his mate as she spoke. Life indeed had it’s ups and downs, but surely there had to be something to prevent this particular down! He felt his heart grasping at straws, gaze helplessly looking to their children. Their happy play should have made him feel happy... But it did not. He felt troubled, wondering what would become of his children when his mate passed. He would do all in his power to protect them, to love them and keep them safe. But he just... He wasn’t sure what would happen anymore. “I truly hope that you’re right, Nalyda...”