Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-22-2015, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 07:25 PM by Hárekr.)

NOW THERE'S GREEN LIGHT IN MY EYES
And my lover on my mind..

Ahhhhh the Weeping Woods…. soo calm… sooo peaceful… but not for long.  Hárekr gingerly picked his way across the mass of tangled roots.  The sound of teeth on bone pierced the silence as the bi-colored male finished grinding the last bits of flesh from a squirrel skull.  Dropping the remains between his front paws Háre eyed a space about 50 feet in front of him, a melon-sized, water-filled hole formed by the roots of a particularly large willow tree.  

Concentrating for a minute a wicked grin spread across his face before with a powerful kick Hárekr sent the squirrel head rolling violently across the terra, bouncing across roots until it landed with a satisfying splash in the hole.  Score!  Hole in one!   GOOOAAAAALLLLLL!  Hárekr let out a triumphant howl.  Oh yes, he was good, he was oh so very good.  Trotting to the hole Hárekr reached in and snatched the skull up before trotting 100 paces back.

Time for round number two….

Neith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-26-2015, 05:38 PM

The sound of a sudden howl would capture her attention. As usual the dark she wolf was wandering, taking in the scenery and enjoying her solitude. The emotions in the howl seemed victorious, and curiosity would pull the fea towards the source. She was cautious, silently making her way towards the clearing as vibrant amethyst eyes sought her target. Neith wouldn't take long to spy the owner of the voice, a pale man with dark accents. She'd watch him and his odd antics for a moment, she was too far away to see exactly what it was he was obsessing over. Dark ears perked forward to try and listen as she snuck closer, keeping to the brush and using her coat to her advantage. Think like a shadow, be the shadow. She couldn't help her scent however, and as the wind made a slight shift in his direction she knew it would only be a matter of time until she was caught. To save some face she'd stroll into the clearing, curiosity evident on her features as her gaze lingered upon him. What in the world was he doing?
""  

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-28-2015, 07:34 PM

100 paces back Hárekr dropped the skull between his feet, batting it back and forth a few times before eyeing his target.  The uneven terrain of the tangled mass of roots would make this more and more difficult but in truth Háre didn't feel like he had anything better to do.  He'd gorged himself on a leftover bear kill and pack hunting could wait.

With a powerful swipe the squirrel head went rolling, bouncing along, right on target until it hit a larger root and went ricocheting  several feet away from the hole.  Well dam….

Sighing heavily Háre trotted over to the squirrel head, picked it up and marched right back to try it again, he was going to get this!  As Hárekr bent his head down to gauge the angle of the squirrel head the wind shifted and his head snapped up and to the right to the source of the scent.  Inky black ears flicked forward as a gorgeous woman emerged from the shadows.  Mismatched eyes turned skyward for a moment.  He was being tested, he just had to be.  

She approached and stopped, gazing curiously at him.  Háre's tail wagged lazily as he grinned, taking a few steps forward and bowing lightly the man began to speak, words falling off his tongue like honey in the language of his late lover, may her soul rest in peace. "Hola, señora, ¿puedo ayudarle?"  

Neith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
08-04-2015, 06:13 PM

Interesting things often caught her attention, like volcanos, the ocean, odd men rolling squirrel heads around. His attention was easily grabbed as she emerged from the shadow, she'd win a friendly grin as he drew a little closer. Her expression was obviously curious as she took in his fit form. He wore a beautiful almost patched coat, and his eyes were just as stunning as his appearance. She was almost disappointed when those foreign words slipped past his lips. Her dark tiara would tilt to the side unable to decipher his words, "Shoot, I can't understand you." She'd pout slightly, "...so handsome too." Neith couldn't help but sit down in a huff. "Maybe you'll at least show me what you're doing?" Curiously she nosed at the squirrel skull (which may or may not have been in his mouth still?). She still wanted to know what it was he was doing here in the woods.
""  

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-07-2015, 06:43 PM

Bi-colored eyes danced along the woman's sultry form. Goodness she was tempting… The woman's head tilted to the side as he spoke and he was surprised to see her disappointment. He'd always thought Spanish to be a rather romantic tongue. As she stated the word handsome Háre turned his head to the side as if suddenly bashful before he turned back to her and winked. "Now, now miss, I speak in many tongues. Perhaps you'll find this one more pleasing?"

Háre gently placed his right paw on the squirrel skull before crouching his upper body down as he eyed the distance to his target, tail wagging languidly over his back as he took aim. "I am merely attempting to fight off some boredom… and work on my paw eye coordination, like so…" Standing once more Hárekr gave a mighty swipe of his right paw, sending the skull bouncing across the roots to land with a satisfying plop in the watery pool. Hárekr beamed with pride, his chest puffing out just a bit more at the thought of an audience. Trotting over to the pool he plucked the skull out and then dropped it at the woman's feet. "Wanna give it a try?" he purred.

Neith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
08-07-2015, 08:04 PM

Her grin grew more amused as she watched him react to her words. He most certainly could understand her no matter what his words said. She'd catch his wink as he revealed his hidden talent. Oh goodness wasn't this going to be fun. Already incredibly perplexed by him the purple eyed beauty wouldn't hesitate to ask of him her question. What game was he playing?

Her gaze wouldn't leave him as their attention shifted to the skull, and though she could only guess that he'd want to show off for her, those thoughts were not disappointed. He aimed carefully, as his tail swept over his back she wouldn't skip the chance to get a better look at him as he focused on the ball. With little effort he'd hit his mark. Her grin wouldn't diminish with his return with said skull the girl would not be denied a chance to try. "I would, I've been feeling rather bored as of late." No truer words had been spoken as life seemed quiet most days.

Just as he had done her front half would lower as she took aim, her silver tipped tail draped over her shapely hips as she aimed at the same pool he had conquered. Her much smaller paw would take aim and coil, releasing with deadly accuracy as it went shooting off into the water. With a victorious chuckle she'd stand tall and seek his praise.
""  

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-08-2015, 10:50 AM

Hárekr grinned as the woman agreed to take a shot at hitting the squirrel skull. He skipped out of the way to give her plenty of room to aim her shot, tail wagging as he did so. Excellent! He was always up for someone to play with. Perhaps they could have a little competition, maybe a wager? Or they could go exploring, maybe invent new games to play. His thoughts stalled as he watched the woman's movements. Goodness she was a beauty. The woman took aim and sent the squirrel skull sailing through the air to land smack dab in the middle of the pool.

"GOOOAAALLLLLL!" Háre howled into the sky. "Excellent shot Señora!" Grinning he raced over to grab the squirrel skull, seizing it delicatley in his jaws before trotting back with it. It was getting fairly worn now, several of the teeth had fallen out and the left eye socket was broken open. All the better though, it just made it rounder. "I don't suppose I may have your name? I'm Hárekr Kaltharsis. You may call me Háre."

Neith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
08-10-2015, 08:19 PM

He seemed more than amused as she took him up on his offer, and with little hesitation he skipped away and gave her the room she needed. either that or he thoughts she was going to miss by a lot. She couldn't help but smile amusedly as she took aim, and as she made her score the male wouldn't hesitate in celebrating. It was her turn to puff out her chest a bit as her fur ruffled in pride. Her bright eyes would find him again as she stood with her head held high and her expression proud. He'd find his way back to her, and she'd admire him all over again as he drew more near. It seemed she'd played for an introduction as he'd finally introduce himself. "Hare? Like a rabbit?" She probably sounded a lot more excited than she needed to, but it was pretty much the cutest nickname she'd ever heard. "That's adorable," she'd chuckle lightly, not at him of course she truly enjoyed his name. "My name is Neith Moria."
""  

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-15-2015, 10:26 AM

A gentle breeze picked up, stirring the willow leaves and bringing with it a breath of lovely fresh air. Ahhhh now this was the life! A beautiful sky, a beautiful woman and a day just brimming with possibilities. He chuckled as she spoke. "No, not quite like Hare although I have been called that as well. My lady you are looking at one of the finest rabbit catchers in the north." Hárekr beamed with pride. Though his penchant for rabbit hunting had come from rather humble beginnings to say the least. Slaves dealt with scraps or ate what they could catch. Thus large prey was an nearly impossible quarry. "Háre is pronounced more um…. Haw-ray. My full name is pronounced Haw-wrecker."

It was the woman's turn to introduce herself. Neith Moria and he grinned. "Your turn! Say it again slowly for me that I might speak it with all the beauty and grace of the woman that claims it."

As he spoke he became aware of a slight chillness to the air. Hmm…. sometimes it was hard to see the sky for all the trees. There was a distinct amount of humidity in the air as well. "Hm… I wonder if it's going to rain…" Hárekr trotted a ways to his left and stuck his head through the drapery of leaves to peer up at the graying sky. "Bah… looks like we're in for some rain." Retracting his head he shrugged. "The trees should be adequate shelter I think." Unless the clouds began to build.

Neith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
08-15-2015, 07:48 PM

She wouldn't go with out appreciating the niceness of the weather, summer was right around the corner but it seemed like spring was just getting good! As the breeze tousled her fur she'd catch his light chuckle at her observation. Though he would correct her in her pronunciation he would not go on with out saying that he was the king of all rabbit catchers. She'd quirk her eyebrow at him curiously, maybe she'd get a glimpse at his prowess? She wouldn't linger on the thought for long though, Hare corrected her pronunciation and she'd repeat it back to him quietly before giving her own name. He'd stop her though, he wanted to hear it slow to know exactly how it was her name was to be said.

She couldn't help but smile shyly at his compliments, "You're sweet, but my name isn't that special. Just like.. knee-th." She'd smile softly before following his eyes, ears perking as he mentioned the coming rain. It did feel a bit heavier, and the leaves on the trees were starting to turn upside down. "Have you ever danced in the rain?" Her question was innocent, but still curious as she asked him. She danced by herself many times, but she'd never had a partner before.
""  

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-19-2015, 06:20 PM

Neith. A pretty name. "I disagree, your name is elegant in it's simplicity." He felt the heat rise a bit to his cheeks, him… sweet? Haha, he hadn't been called sweet since Costanza… Hárekr turned to look away as a shadow fell over his face, pretending to have heard some sort of strange sound until he'd pushed the memories back down in his well before they sought to rise up and drag him down into them again.

The man turned back to Neith all smiles as she asked him if he'd ever danced in the rain. Danced? Hárekr's head tipped to the side. "What is danced? The only thing I have done in the rain is battle and mud-bowling." He grinned at the childhood memories of running then sliding on his belly through the muck trying to knock down little rock stacks. "Will you show me danced? I should like to see it."

Neith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
08-20-2015, 06:15 PM

He really was sweet, and he wasn't going to let her bat away his compliment. He seemed to go a little pink before being startled by.. something? Nothing? Neith would tilt her head and perk her ears curiously in the direction he looked but seriously he must have been hearing things. When he looked back his expression was more than pleasing however slightly confused he may have been. Apparently he'd never heard of dancing. Tilting her head she couldn't help but raise an eyebrow to his statement. "I'd love to show you," she'd start, smiling brightly, "But you've got to promise to join me when you get the gist of it." She was quite adamant about this part, she was going to dance with him for the first time and dance with him for the first time in the rain.
""  

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-22-2015, 05:51 PM

Hárekr felt a shiver of excitement and nervousness trace down his spine as Neith stated that she'd show him how to danced. The man nodded. "Aye, I promise!" He took a few steps closer to her, head tilting to the side as he awaited her instructions. Hárekr really had no idea how to even get started, clearly it was something one did in the rain, perhaps it was her version of mud-bowling? Or perhaps it had something to do with swimming… ew he hoped not. Hárekr was not the greatest swimmer sadly though perhaps with a good teacher he'd get better at it.

Neith

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
08-23-2015, 10:11 AM

He was quick to promise and Neith didn't hesitate in brightening at his words. Yes! He'd move a bit closer, completely willing to subject himself to her actions. He was curious and willing and she wasn't going to leave him waiting. Her smile wouldn't falter as she stood tall before him, "Usually I hum while I dance, but once the rain starts it doesn't matter as much." She'd softly hum a sweet little tune and start swaying softly. "This is pretty basic, but all dancing is just moving your body." That was it really, she'd back away from him a pace and start humming again. This time she'd start moving her tail and her paws, demonstrating a kind of wolfy square dance. Eventually she'd slow and quiet looking back to him. "Think you're up for the challenge?"
""  

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-29-2015, 06:13 PM

Curiosity over-rode his senses as he stood waiting in anticipation. Neith began to hum sweetly and for a moment Háre found himself enjoying the melody so much he'd almost forgotten he was supposed to move too. The man started off awkwardly stepping from one side to the other. Both left paws then both right as he started to pick up the melody. He grinned suddenly. "I see! You move in a rhythm, like a beat yes? Like a heart beat but to another noise." Almost on cue the rain began to fall. Háre's tail moved from side to side, opposite of the side he was stepping. He giggled as he moved. This was challenging yes but fun. His mis-matched gazed turned to meet Neith's an he nodded. "A viking does not back down from a challenge Lady Neith! I am, as you say, 'up for it'."

"Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they sleep inside your head."