ardent

The Wind Whispered To Me

Valentina

gems
size
build
player
07-29-2015, 01:00 AM

Weary paws dragged her absently to nowhere. She didn't have a destination in mind, let alone a purpose. She was alone. Left to her own insecurities. Those she had come across shunned her for what she was, an abnormality and a disease that plagued the land. Was it her fault? She was born one way, but her mind and soul felt otherwise. She was different. Her feet would carry onto a rock that towered over many, the light spring winds brushed her pelt as if to say she wasn't alone. But she felt it. And it made her feel...sad, inside.

Olive green gaze stared blankly out over the horizon, from her perch atop the rocks she could see for miles...animals dotted the lands here and there, and although she should have seen beauty in the landscape, she just couldn't. Her heart felt lonely, heavy...she missed her mother now more then ever, for she was the only one to accept her for who she truly was. Not even the morning sun could shed light on her darkened thoughts...

"Listen to me talk," 'and know my thoughts.'

Esarosa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
07-29-2015, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2015, 07:29 PM by Esarosa.)
There was a light bounce in her step as Esarosa made her way around the Rock Garden, careful not to stub her toes on the stones - she was glad to be exploring again without a worry in the world. Though she was still thin from her time spent in the north, she was slowly recovering as spring drew on and the lands began to flourish. And as her body replenished, she had grown into her full feminine frame and the spring season had brought on her first cycle. She'd been trying to remain hidden so as to not expose herself, but she was growing lonely again, and didn't want to forgo making friends just because of what her body was going through.

She halted her gait suddenly and dropped into a crouch as she spotted movement at the bottom of a large boulder; she crept forward ever so slowly, and as she neared, she took a mighty leap and slammed a paw down on the shrew. She quickly shifted her jaws forward and crushed the tiny body, killing it quickly and devouring it in a few bites. She licked her lips contently, and clambered her way up the boulder to get a good look around, wondering where she might head to next.

She realized that there was an even larger boulder next to the one she was on, and as she gazed upward, she saw a silhouette against the glare of the morning sunlight. Curious, she wondered who else roamed the rock garden, and made her way around the rock to a place she could scramble up to join the other. She was interested as she spotted a lady with very unique coloring and patterns, something she'd not seen before. "Good morning!" she called out with a smile on her face, joining the larger wolf at her lookout point, "Enjoying the sunrise?" Oblivious to the stranger's current mood, it was the scent that caught her attention first; emerald eyes widened as she detected a masculine hint. She hoped she wasn't getting herself into trouble, and yet when she'd first approached, she'd been certain this wolf was a woman by the way she held herself. She shook her head; why should she be confused? It must be this season that is messing with my brain, I'm just paranoid, she concluded to herself with a nod, then perked toward the stranger, hoping for a greeting that would take her away from her thoughts.

Valentina

gems
size
build
player
07-31-2015, 09:41 PM

Eyes closed, Val took a deep breath as she inhaled the morning air. She missed her mother greatly, and the heavy pit in her stomach would not go away. It hadn't since she was forced to leave, forced to say her final goodbyes to her dear mother. Her brows furrowed as she tried as hard as she could to keep from crying. The confusion that wracked her brain about what she was, filled her with untold emotions and thoughts. Was this the right path? Was it the wrong path? Her pack had marked her for what she was to be, even though it was a mistake, the symbol upon her face made her everything that she was. If it weren't true, then she was nothing more then an abomination. But did fate really play cruel tricks like that? She was born a man, but she was marked with the reversed triangle, a symbol for femininity. It couldn't be an error, nobody made an error like that...and if the Gods above had a sick sense of humor, why was she the one chosen to walk this path?

"Good morning!" A voice brought her back to the present, eyes flying open as she became startled for a moment until she saw someone else. A female, to be exact. Olive green eyes showed surprise as the woman joined her upon the rock she was standing on. She was surprised by the stranger's eagerness, perhaps she was alone to? "Yes, I suppose you could say that." She kept herself relaxed, though when she noticed the eyes of the stranger widen, the fur on her shoulders instinctively rose. "Is...there something wrong, stranger?" Her voice was guarded, her tone reserved as she glanced at the woman from the corner of her eye.

Esarosa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
07-31-2015, 10:48 PM
Esarosa tilted her head when she saw the other woman's face, finally noticing the expression. She looked like she had been upset, and Esa wondered now if she'd intruded on her personal thoughts. She seemed a little surprised that someone had joined her on her perch and very guarded when she spoke. The jet black femme would notice the red hackles of the stranger rise as though defensive when she saw Esa's eyes flare for a moment. She couldn't help but wonder what caused this reaction, unless... She inhaled again, her nose ultra-sensitive with the hormones that currently moved through her body. She could definitely detect the wolf's male scent, but she didn't know what this meant. She shook her head - it didn't matter. What was worse was that she had started to offend the stranger when all she'd meant to do was find some company.

"No... no nothing's wrong," she assured the stranger, meeting the olive green eyes, "Are you okay? I didn't mean to startle you." She seated herself, wrapping her tail around her hindquarters. Her shuffling her paws awkwardly, she hoped she could make this encounter go a little smoother. "It's just such a beautiful morning, I thought I'd join you up here," she said, smiling slightly, "I hope you don't mind too much... my name's Esarosa. What's yours?" With that she would wait for the stranger's reply, hoping that things wouldn't remain tense for long. Maybe the other woman would open up to her a little, and they could be friends.

Valentina

gems
size
build
player
08-01-2015, 02:51 AM

"No..." She turned her head just slightly, watching the woman take a seat as she appeared to look uncomfortable...or perhaps confused? Nostrils flared slightly as she detected another scent. One that was familiar within her memories, one that her mother and the other females in her old pack carried around a certain time. One that she would never experience, and she didn't know if that was a good thing...or a bad thing. It made her feel less of what she was, but it was something she couldn't help. Though she would have loved to have children of her own, she knew that biologically, it would never happen. In a sense, no she wasn't okay. But she didn't know this stranger enough to tell her that. "I'm fine." She lied. But if she hadn't been lying, perhaps the question would have caused her to quirk her brow and look at her as if the woman was crazy. But she didn't. She was far too busy questioning her own existence to be that rude...for now.

Her gaze turned back the morning sun as it slowly rose above the horizon. It was certainly a sight in this strange land during the spring time...it left her sort of speechless, though not the other woman evidently."Yeah, I have to agree with you on that one." It was true. The swirls of blues, and pinks, and oranges was simply breath taking. She laughed a little as the woman continued, this time causing her to tilt in her direction with a sort of smile on her face. Why let the morning be ruined by thoughts that were out of her control? When this was something that could be in her control. Something...she was thankful for, for once in her life. "You're fine honey. I don't mind the company once in a while." She offered a genuine smile, and it would be her turn to further break the ice. "My name is Valentina. It's nice to meet you, Esarosa." She dipped her head to the woman, olive green gaze growing softer and her fur finally lied flat again. "So what bring you out here?"

Esarosa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
08-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Esa tilted her head as Valentina said she was fine. She knew the other wolf was not telling the truth, but as a stranger it was none of her business to pry if the information wasn't offered. So she would sit quietly with a smile offered to the other woman. She followed the wolf's olive gaze to the horizon where the beautiful sunrise was swirling. She was glad when Valentina agreed that the sunrise was beautiful. Surprised to hear a slight laugh, Esa looked back to the woman - had she come off a little too uncertain, or just too talkative in general? It didn't seem to matter though as her company was accepted with a genuine smile, and the other wolf offered her name while her hair lay flat and eyes softened. Esa was glad that Valentina was relaxing and actually open to sitting on the high rock together.

"Nice to meet you Valentina," she said, her eyes pinched shut for a few seconds. When she opened them, her emerald gaze was cast back to the sky, watching the colours unfold and reflect off of light, puffy clouds that stretched across the horizon. She flicked her ears as Val asked what brought her out here. She wasn't quite sure, other than her thirst for adventure and seeking new places. "I suppose I'm just kind of restless," she said, not turning away from the brilliant sky, "Traveling and exploring new lands... it just calls to me. I can never sit still in one place for very long - I need newness to inspire me. Do live close by, or do you travel as well?" At last she looked back at Val, wondering what she thought, and if there was anything in particular that brought her to the rock garden.

Valentina

gems
size
build
player
10-19-2015, 08:13 PM

She nodded in renewed greeting when the femme sounded happy about their meeting. Truth be told, on the inside, she felt...content. That this woman would choose to share time with her without judging and shying away from her abnormality. It was obvious the woman had noticed, but chose to make no comments on it now. It was nice to just be around someone without getting odd stares, it was a common thing in her life since she chose to walk this path, but it still bothered her. As Esarosa looked back to the sky, she too would return her attention to it. The colors growing more vibrant against the clouds as the sun steadily rose to kiss the sky.

Her ears would swivel back to the midnight woman, gaze returned to her as well. Her explanation was simple enough, and she found herself absent-mindedly agreeing with slow nods. Then her question brought a small smile to her lips. "I am from the southern continent. I don't really live anywhere, so I guess that makes me a traveler like you." What she would not say was that she was an exile, an outcast, more like...dead to her pack because of what she chose to be. Her former pack believed she was dead, her mother having gotten her out before they could kill the abomination. But that would not take the smile from her. She would bury it, not completely...but someday it would be buried six feet deep and forgotten along with the rest of the world's history.

Esarosa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
10-20-2015, 12:06 AM

"The southern continent?" she asked, tilting her head. She'd never heard of it, never been there. Instantly her curiosity was piqued. She needed to go there. Oh, she just had so many places to visit! She wondered if she'd always travel alone. Maybe one of these days she'd explore new lands with a companion. She was drawn away from her thoughts when Valentina answered her other question; the woman didn't live anywhere, thus was traveling as well. A smile lit up on her face. "Well, if you're not settling down anywhere anytime soon," she began, lingering on the words slowly as though to draw attention to what she'd suggest next, "Maybe you can show me the southern continent. It gets lonely always traveling alone." Her green eyes glanced from Valentina to the rocks around them.

"I understand if you're not interested," she added with a shrug, side-glancing at Val with quirked brow, "After all, you don't know me. Maybe you have plans of your own." She wasn't really sure where she wanted to go, but she knew she didn't want to stop anywhere, not right now. She wanted to see as much of this place as possible before she chose somewhere to settle down. She had been on the move for many, many moons, and she now at least knew she would stay on this continent, after seeing the southern continent Val spoke of. There were many interesting wolves here, and she wanted to get to know the packs, too. She couldn't wait, but if she could have someone familiar come along with her, even for a little while, it would make it all the better.

"Speak" "Listen" Think

Valentina

gems
size
build
player
10-24-2015, 03:22 AM

Another nod confirmed towards Esarosa, "Mhm. And it's pretty there, but the only way to get there is by crossing the only road that leads out that way, previously cut off by the ocean. But it's open now." She looked at her then, a small smile growing steadily bigger. This woman was friendly, Valentina could see herself being friends with her quite easily. "I can show you if you want, there are things there not found here. Like trees that bleed red when scratched, and a stone structure that bears many mysterious things made by humans."

It was evident that the midnight woman was tired of being alone, and truth be told so was she. "The world has much to offer, and many mysteries that lay hidden. I've got nothing going on, no plans. I'm a traveler such as yourself. I don't mind showing you a few things." She looked at her, warmth in her gaze and a smile on her face. Thanks to this stranger, she was smiling again. She had no plans of settling anytime soon, though fate had a way of changing things beyond control. Still, she enjoyed her time of seeing the world. But it wasn't much fun alone. "De donde vienes? Where are you from, if I may ask?"

Esarosa

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz

Famous
10-31-2015, 01:32 AM

Esa listened intently, her jaw gaping slightly, as Val described the southern continent, and how to get there. It sounded absolutely fascinating. Her tail began to wave back and forth, slowly at first, but with growing speed as the other woman went on. Did such a place really exist? She couldn't wait to lay her eyes on everything that Valentina was describing to her. A bridge of land that used to be blocked by the ocean? How magical! Trees that bled, and human things? "Well now you have to show me these places!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with excited laughter.

She saw the warmth in Val's gaze, and was glad to see that she had made another friend. "I can't wait to get going," she said, though the day was still early, "And it'll be wonderful to share it with a friend." She smiled some more, unable to wipe the expression off her face, and really not wanting to. When Val asked where she was from, Esa blinked. She'd been away from home so long and always on the move, that it took her a moment to think. She'd been around these lands now for so long, grown so used to them, that her birth place was really becoming a distant, blurry memory. "I'm from a different continent," she began, wondering if Val would have at all heard of her home, though she doubted it, "The lands of Fire and Ice. I was born into a pack called Tirisfal Valley." Where she was from, the wolves named themselves based on their territory, and it was somewhat different than the packs here which were named by their leaders and claimed multiple territories.

"What about you?" she asked curiously, wondering where the other traveler had come from, Are you from this continent, or did you travel a long ways to come here, too?" She was glad to be sharing with a friend. It had been a while since she'd spoken to anyone more closely than just a passing acquaintance. She had longed for more friends. The other wolves she'd met were in packs, but she just wasn't ready to settle anywhere yet. She could only drag a wolf away from their duties so often, so most of her time was spent alone. Maybe that could change.

"Speak" "Listen" Think