Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-29-2015, 07:54 PM

Voltage Elementas

Voltage moved with ease, his brows furrowed slightly. He was restless, Arcus had put him in a bad mood. Well, no, that was a lie. He wasn't in a bad mood, but he was surely upset. Things hurt, and it wasn't his many battle wounds. Eyes would stay on the ground as his paws moved, jaws set in a tight line as he tried to think of something other than his more angsty brother. He didn't want to lose him, he didn't want Arcus to think Voltage didn't love him, but he was having a hard time trying to figure out how to make it better. He had no real idea...and it was putting him in a down mood. With a heavy sigh he'd move along the grass and stone, not knowing exactly where he was going untill he got there, and when he didn't he couldn't help but snort. With a soft gaze and a fond look he'd gaze up and up at the volcano. This had been their first real home, the first place Voltage had felt comfortable since their banishment. He wondered, would Arcus have felt this way if he had had the time Voltage and the older siblings did without a home? Would he have felt this way if Voltage and Glacier hadn't had everything settled and fixed, ready for him to come in. With a sigh, he'd shake his head and move on to climb it, searching for their old den sites, ready for a small trip of nostalgia. This place was the catalyst for answers, the place that lead them towards their forever home. He kinda missed it, but it was no place for their large family. So they had had to move on, and they were lucky that they did. He couldn't imagine a better home than the beach. "Time sure flies.." He murmured to himself as he moved along the rock, his eyes turning from the ground towards the sky with a gentle smile, letting the light and clear spring day eat away at his worries, and hopefully return his happiness.

"speech"  

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-29-2015, 08:05 PM

NOW THERE'S GREEN LIGHT IN MY EYES
And my lover on my mind..

Ow…ow…ow…. Mount Volkan sure had rough terrain. Panting Hárekr paused in his quest to give his feet time to rest. His bi-colored eyes looked to the top of the mountain where the strange heated scent was coming from. He just couldn't help himself! He had to see what the source of that smell was! Of course the stupid thing had to be so steep… and humid. Háre had made the mistake of shaking his coat out earlier and now his fur insisted on standing up every which direction.

Starting his quest again Hárekr continued moving up. As he did so he noticed something bright and yellow moving against the black, squirming and writhing and….. wait… was that a wolf? Hárekr stared. What on earth had happened to the poor fellow?

Hárekr let out a laugh as he trotted toward the other male. "My, I see the gods must've pranked you quite well, I'll take a guess that it was Loki's doing? Such a bright color! I mistook your markings for a rather odd serpent."

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-29-2015, 08:15 PM

Voltage Elementas

Voltage continued to move when he stopped, suddenly, when he heard the sound of pawsteps on the rough rocky terrain. He would tilt his head, turning towards the male as he spoke to him and for a moment he just blinked. A look of sheer surprise would take over his face, his eyes widening drastically before he suddenly twisted to look at his back and legs. "Dear god, you're right!" He yelped, hopping in a circle despite the pain up his leg. "What have they done to me! My beautiful white fur is all gone!" He forced his voice to pitch, to strain in something akin to fear or surprise before he looked at the male again with his wide wide eyes.

And then he began to laugh, shaking his head. "Nah, it was no gods. I'm merely painted with the colors of lightning." He said between his laughs, his toothy grin filling his face brightly as he dipped his head to him. "Voltage Elementas, embodiment of energy. Pleasure to meet you." He said with his bright grin, tilting his head at him. He knew the wolves of Alacritis didn't much have such...extravagent colors and they certainly didn't seem to be touched with the elements or the universe. It often made him wonder what it meant for him and his family, why were they special..

"speech"  

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-29-2015, 08:24 PM

The man appeared surprised as he gasped and started spinning in a circle. Hárekr rocked back on his heels, grinning like an idiot until the other man began to laugh as well, stating that he was painted with the colors of lightning. Ahh… would Thor have something to do with this? While the man insisted it was not the doing of the gods, Hárekr thought otherwise but he would not derail their banter with religious chatter. His own belief in the gods was rather loose anyhow.

The man introduced himself as Voltage Elementas. "A pleasure, I am Hárekr Kaltharsis…. embodiment of mauled squirrel heads and bad ideas." He chuckled to himself. "What is a fine man like yourself doing out here Voltage? If I am not mistaken you smell of pack… have you kin around here?"

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-29-2015, 08:39 PM

Voltage Elementas

Voltage would grin his toothy grin, chuckling as the man made his joke. "Probably better ideas than some of mine." He said happily, which was probably the truth. Voltage could have some terrible ideas, but they were always for something or someone. "It's nice to meet you Harekar." He would dip his head then, politely as he smiled. He liked this wolf, he seemed to be what Voltage needed to get out of his funk. He still held the sad feelings with Arcus, but at least it wasn't quite as prominent. When he asked of his family Voltage would blink then before he smiled. "Yes, I belong to a pack that seems extremely bad at hiding, Donostrea. I'm one of the Ferax, or leader, or whatever." He would grin then, always proud of his rank. He loved his position, and he wouldn't trade it for the world. "Big brother" always suited him in some way, even when he had no one to be a big brother too. When it was just him and Glacier, he still didn't act so much like a younger brother, despite his immaturity or boundless energy. He always took his turn in caring for his brother, as Glacier did him, though never as much. Glacier was always his rock, above it all, since their first breath. "And yeah, the entire pack is family. I got a lot of them." He said with a laugh, looking out at the distance and blinking. "Ah! I wonder....if we go higher I bet I can point out our beach to you!" He said happily, excited as he turned to look at his new friend.

"speech"  

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-29-2015, 08:51 PM

Probably better ideas than some of mine. What a pleasant fellow! Hárekr was finding the wolves of this land to be quite hospitable. It really was a change from the High North.

"Oh? Then I say a challenge is in order! Sometime you will have to bowl skunks with me." Though at the moment…. Háre's gaze again shifted to the top of the mountain. He was on a quest. Skunk bowling could come after he reached the top of the mountain, and perhaps kidnapped a healer to deal with the unfortunate after-effects of harassing that particular animal. Hárekr turned back to Voltage as he continued to speak and nearly whistled as the man mentioned he was the leader of a pack, Donostrea. "Well it's an honor to meet one of the local chieftans!"

Hárekr's tail started wagging excitedly as Voltage mentioned going farther up the mountain. "Excellent! I would love to see both your home and top of this mountain. I have made it a goal to climb it. I am something of an explorer you see… are you very familiar with this area?"

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-29-2015, 09:11 PM

Voltage Elementas

Volty would find himself laughing again, shaking his head just slightly as he grinned. Oh he really liked this fellow! He very quickly turned the elder elementas' mood right on its head. It was something even a beautiful spring day couldn't do. So he'd smile then, nodding quite vigorously. "Splendid idea! Though you will just have to put up with the smell afterwards, there's no way my siblings will let me back on the land with such a stench!" He would laugh, unable to stop his signature toothy grin if he tried. When Harekr said it was an honor Voltage would smile sweetly then, batting his eyelashes. "Oh you flatter me, good sir." He said with a laugh. "But ah, I just wear the title so I can be an official big brother to my siblings." He'd stick his tongue out just slightly then before looking at the distance again, squinting his eyes and trying to see the signature black sands of his beach, or the cliffs his youngest siblings adored. With a hum he'd grin then, hopping a few steps away with glee, towards the top of the volcano. "Shall we race?" He said happily. It had been far too long since he raced, and even with his aching body he severely needed to burn off this sudden energy or he'd never be able to sleep, and his very pregnant wife-to-be might just kick him from the den if he couldn't. When Harekr asked if he knew the area he blinked a bit before smiling. "My family and I lived on this mountain untill we settled on our beach. I know a little of the territories around here, if you're needing a guide."

"speech"  

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-29-2015, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2015, 09:36 PM by Hárekr.)

GOT AN ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER
But the devil always won...

What a wonderful laugh!  Hárekr was enjoying this little meeting.  It was such a joyful, relaxed thing in a time when he really needed a boost to his energy.  Wandering from corner to corner was starting to get exhausting but with a travel companion it was always better.  

His head titled to the side at the mention of silbings… ahhh yes…. siblings.  His littermates unfortunately had not lived long enough to take first breaths and the others he had not really know.  It was a curious thought to Hárekr, the thought of being an older sibing, of looking after those who were younger than himself when most of his life it had been simply him.

Voltage stated that his family had previously lived on the mountain.  Excellent!  My Háre was having a rather good run of luck.  Hopefully, it would not turn on him to suddenly.  Luck was such a fickle woman.  "Oh… a race?  Sounds like fun, I'm in!  As for a guide…."

Hárekr's legs coiled beneath him for a split second before he rocketed forward, bounding and leaping up the mountain.  Was that cheating?  Probably!  Paws scraped and scrambled over the rocky terrain as he picked his way through the steep slopes, slipping a couple times.  Just as he was about to reach the top he mis-stepped.  Yelping, Hárekr sprawled on his face at the top of the mountain, his ankle caught firmly in a small crevice.  Well dam…. but surely he'd been first?

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-30-2015, 09:09 AM

Voltage Elementas

Voltage would grin, nodding slightly at the race as he readied himself. His aching muscles bound like springs, his energy flaring within his chest, ready to kick off, ready to move but he'd wait for Harekr to finish his sentance. But, all that finished his words were dust and laughter, and for a moment Voltage was left blinking. His eyes would narrow when it clicked before he burst forward, kicking off of his hind limbs as he bounded up the mountain after him. "Cheater!!" He shouted after him, laughing as he scrambled up the mountain, trying to catch up to his new friend but the man had gotten a head start on him. So he'd push, he'd kick, ambling up the mountain with his incredible speed. He'd ignore the pain, pushing himself harder to try and reach the top first despite how incredibly unfair this was! But his laughter echoed, his eyes shone with an exuberance he hadn't felt in such a long time. When, suddenly, Harekr fell Voltage would put on his breaks, his stormy eyes so wide. He skidded to a stop before stepping towards him, head tilting slightly. "You win." He said with a tentative smile before his eyes darted down towards his ankle, stuck in the crevice. "But i think you lost too." He laughed slightly before he moved to circle around, to inspect his ankle and see if it would be easy to get it out or now. "Are you stuck?" He asked, tilting his head to his new friend, wondering if he should be worried or if he should laugh.

"speech"