ardent

They Called It Chaos

Bernadette

gems
size
build
player
08-03-2015, 08:59 PM
The snow beneath her paws was a welcome feeling. Cold, frigid, like the unmoving heart of a warrior. Bernadette would breathe in as she walked along the path of the caverns, her claws making small click-clack-click noises upon the ground where she stepped. Her heart was beating within her chest, a sign that the great beast was still alive. Was she a legend? No. Far from a legend, or a goddess. She was but a warrior, one who was on the right path. The path she felt was right anyway.

The cold would shift, seeming to get deeper into her bones as the light faded from the world. Bernadette worked her body through the snow, building up a sweat that felt almost invigorating. It was not quite the same as the thrill of a spar but it was something to get her heart rate up and her blood flowing. Eventually however the young woman would slow, turning her gaze to the moon.

Bi-colored eyes shown in the setting darkness, her mind at work. Hunger gnawed at the pit of her stomach in a way that demanded she fill the need of food. Food... prey... hunting... The bulky beast would breathe out in a small laugh. What fun that could be! The female was one who would live in the moment, breathing and doing as her heart wanted. Bernadette would scent the air, catching the scent of geese. Ohh, now there would be a tasty treat.

Bernadette would stalk through the snow, mind now set upon her prize. She licked her chops, determination shining in those mixed eyes. She would crunch through the snow softer now, until finally gaze landed upon the fowl. Ahh such plump little critters they were. She would swish her tail back and forth almost in a cat-like manner before she rushed in for the kill.

...and what a kill it was.

The goose had tried in vain to take off, caught mid-air in the jaws of the hungry she wolf. She would land with a plop in the snow, settling down and wasting no time in tearing into the flesh. Dinner was served.

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-07-2015, 07:23 PM

THE WOLVES WILL CHASE YOU IN THE PALE MOONLIGHT
Drunk and driven by a devil's hunger...

Hárekr gazed warily at the opening to the Lifeless Caverns. No doubt it was given that name for a reason and the male debated how badly he wanted to find out. The entrance to the caverns lay like an open wound on the side of the mountain. Dark and gaping…. and fascinating. It smelt strongly of clay and earth. Háre hesitated, eyes drifting to gaze at the crescent moon curving like a sickle as if it meant to harvest the stars. Such a clear and beautiful night, so why did he feel compelled to stick his nose where it most certainly didn't belong?

While the viking man stood there, contemplating his choices he turn the strangled cry of a goose. He turned to see a dark colored woman gnawing into a fresh kill. Háre licked his lips but he did not move for he was uncertain what to think of this woman and he wondered for a moment if she'd been touched by the gods. Mismatched eyes traced the shape of the cross that marked her shoulder. Most unusual. He turned back to the cave entrance then back again to the woman. Exploration was always more fun with a partner. The man moved in her direction, letting out a call. "Hola! How is the goose in this part of the country? Is it worth digging through the feathers?"

Bernadette

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2015, 07:40 PM

It was a voice that stirred the woman from her meal. She would lift her head to the call, and Bernadette would flick an ear as she sized the man up. He did not seem to be a threat by any means, no, in fact seemed to be of the friendly sort. Bernadette would rise, giving a small shift of her tail in greeting. “Aye, I like to think so. Though I’ve always been a fan of their meat.” The female would gently tip her head to her kill. “If you want to taste for yourself, there is more than enough here to satisfy us I should think.” A light little snack at least.

The cross marked female would step back, giving up her kill to the stranger. She was not particularly possessive over this one -- she minded not in sharing. She would manage a small smile, though there seemed to be a certain guard to it. “What brings you to this part of the country then? By your words you’re a foreigner, aye?”

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-15-2015, 01:27 PM

Hárekr took in the woman's unusual form as she turned to gaze at him with her own mismatched eyes. Well, well, well…. were the gods sending him a sign? She would raise to greet him, commenting that the kills were decent in this area. Háre grinned as she offered him a sample of the meat. These Alacritians were quite generous. This was the second time he'd been offered food by a stranger and free meals were something he rarely passed. "How very kind of you, I shall." He moved toward the kill and much like with Sin's eyed it for any sign of poison purely out of habit. There was no reason for her to be after his life in such a manner and she had just been eating from it.

Biting off a chunk of the meat Hárekr savored it for a moment that swallowed with a grin on his face. "You're quite right. Most excellent." He shrugged at her question. "Nothing in particular brings me here except perhaps the unconscious steering of the gods. I wander from here to there, near to far. Wherever my paws should take me." He nodded. "Aye, I am a foreigner, or was. What of yourself? OH, I should introduce myself. My name is Hárekr Kaltharsis. That is a rather interesting mark on your shoulder may I ask how it came to be?"

Bernadette

gems
size
build
player
08-20-2015, 06:25 PM

Bernadette would wait, leeting the man come take a bit of the meal for himself. Free meals were not something often given out, but perhaps a bit of kindness here and there could do well. She would not notice how he eyed the kill prior, taking no notice of such suggestions that she might have been trying to poison him. No, Bernadette was not that sort of wolfess anyway. If she wanted you dead she would try by tooth and claw, not underhanded antics.

Ahh one lead by their paws. This particularly phrasing had caught Bernadette’s attention, and she would give a small nod and a smile. “It sounds as it should be, friend.” She would next be bombarded by a couple questions, and Bernadette could not help but chuckle.

“Aye, a foreigner myself I am. Joker, they call me, or Forbidden Salvation, in honor of my mother’s naming.” Never was she to give out her true name to a stranger. “As for the cross, well, all my family have one through my father. A birthmark if you will.” Bernadette would chuckle softly. “Perhaps even a special mark for our family by the gods. Who is to say?”

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-22-2015, 06:22 PM

Hárekr chuckled as she introduced herself. Joker was right! What kind of name was Forbidden Salvation? And what on earth could it elude to? "I think I prefer Joker, myself, it suits you better." And what a strange birthmark… the only thought Hárekr had regarding it was whether or not it was a mark of blessing or a curse. "Who is to say indeed. Tell me do you like exploring? There's an interesting crevice in this mountain I think I shall investigate and you are more than welcome to join me."

Hárekr did not wait long for an answer as he squeezed through the crevice and into the caverns within. The moon shown bright enough to light a little of the way, glinting off the stalagmites and stalactites that lined the cave. Carefully Hárekr stepped aways farther in as the cool, damp air made his fur stand on end. It was very, very dark in here. He turned to see if Joker would follow.

Bernadette

gems
size
build
player
09-05-2015, 11:35 AM

The woman would let out a soft chuckle. "Aye, that it does." The woman would roll her shoulders forward, feeling the bones crack and pop. It was ironic how the names they chose for strangers could fit them so. It did make Berny wonder why she kept the name Forbidden Salvation, when more commonly she was referred to as Joker. Perhaps it was a way to keep her mother with her in her heart? The woman wasn't entirely sure. But rather than dwell on the subject it would instead shift.

Exploration? Oh yes, she was certainly down. Though the man hadn't waited for an answer to the question she would follow along quietly. She would squeeze through the crevice, not an easy but she made it work.

Her bicolored eyes would adjust to the light that was within, noticing the pretty glitter on rocks of the cave. She would follow at her own pace, feeling the cool, damp air as a refreshing. The young woman would glance up at the bicolored eyes of the man, giving a grin.

"Tell me, Hárekr, are you afraid of the unknown? Or do you always plunge into places such as this with such fearlessness?"

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
09-13-2015, 12:12 PM

Oooooo it was certainly spooky in here. Hárekr wasn't quite sure what to make of the earthy metallic scent that stained the place. Cautiously he stepped further in, eyes drinking in the reflections of moonlight, the only source of light that gave some sense of the forms that rose up before him. He turned back to look at Joker as she followed behind him. He chuckled. "I fear nothing. Death is the road to awe, the road to the hall of the gods where a feast beyond all imagining awaits. As long as one fosters courage in their heart and faces the unknown with bravery and fortitude there is nothing to fear." He'd seen enough of loss and his beliefs were firmly rooted. He believed this life was but a phase. There was more beyond and everyone at some point would die. What unknown could be greater than that of death? Except… perhaps that he believed he did in fact know what was to be this greatest of unknowns. An unknown as small as a dark cavern seemed rather inconsequential in comparison.

Hárekr took a step forward, his abdomen tightening sharply as his weight shifted back, the paw he meant to step on finding nothing but air. "Oh… carefully it's a bit steep down here." Gingerly he maneuver his paws onto the slope then with a joyous cry he slid down the slope to the bottom where he promptly ran into a rockface…. ow.

"Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they sleep inside your head."

Bernadette

gems
size
build
player
10-02-2015, 02:01 PM

Bernadette would listen to his answers, finding a smile dancing on her lips. “You have good answers, Hárekr.” The woman would compliment softly. The place looked neat in her bi-colored eyes as well. It was curious, odd scents filling her nares in the darkness. “It it is not too bold to say I think you’re a rather interesting being.” The woman would step closer to one of the walls, brushing her tail up against it experimentally. So curious this place was.

Hearing the male speak again the woman would turn her gaze and pad to where he had been moments before. The smacking sound was one that made her wince but chuckle slightly. “Alright, me next!” She would more carelessly throw herself onto the slope, rolling onto her side as she rolled down at a rapid pace, giggling like a child as she did so until she too hit a rockface.

It would jar her, but the moment she started to recover Bernadette would burst out in laughter. “Oh hello there~” She was having fun and hoped that the other was as well. “Your move, oh fearless leader~” Her words teased.

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
10-03-2015, 08:24 AM

Peeling himself off the rock he repositioned his legs underneath him and gazed about the cavern. It was hard to see anything in this dark. "Me? Interesting?" Háre laughed. "I'm not the one with a cross on my shoulder, you my dear are far more interesting." He shot the woman a wink, the flirt rising though he felt no sexual attraction toward the woman. His tastes in women tended to run toward the more… experienced. However, tease was in his nature and sometimes he just couldn't help himself.

Háre laughed as she slid down following his trail and bouncing right into a rock. Tail wagging he grinned and gazed about himself. Fearless leader huh? "Alright then, lets go this way!" Háre took off to his right, weaving in and around rock formations into another chamber of the cave were a small stream flowed through. Gazing at the water he sniffed at it, debating if it was worth a drink. It smelt strongly of minerals. "I wonder how far this goes? Would make for an interesting den site… or a tomb."

Bernadette

gems
size
build
player
10-08-2015, 01:58 PM

Berny minded not the flirty way the male responded. It was nice, almost refreshing to have someone so full of life respond to her that way. The compliment of the cross on her shoulder was nice as well, though she still wasn’t sure what to make of the marking that had been passed down through her father. Bernadette didn’t necessarily feel a sexual attraction to him either, but it never hurt to be able to enjoy the time of someone that you were with.

Beradette would remove herself from where she had crash landed, her own tail flicking back and forth slowly as she headed off in the direction that Háre suggested. This was turning out to be a rewarding trip, for company was never time wasted.

The next area they passed in was a chamber with a stream, beautiful as it was, Bernadette couldn’t help but sense a feel of loneliness. “Aye, I can see what you mean. The place has such a... Lifeless feel to it though. Even the water seems devoid of prey.” The female would muse.

“Could definitely make a good hideout though. How many would be bold enough to explore such a place?”

Hárekr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
10-22-2015, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2015, 08:28 PM by Hárekr.)
ooc:  think I'll go ahead and wrap this up if that's alright since I'm sure they'll run into each other soon in Yfir.

The air was thick with the smell of damp earth that got noticeably thicker the farther down they went.  It also was getting quite a bit cooler and pretty much to dark to see anything.  Hárekr sighed his attention quickly shifting elsewhere.  It was interesting down here and a potential hideout but the vast expanse of ever darkness was a bit unnerving…. why it could quite easily drive one to madness if they stayed to long.  A shivering giggle spilled from a grinning maw but he quickly stifled and turned to Joker with a smile.  "Indeed!  A temporary hideout for sure.  Alas, my dear Joker, I must be heading back.  I have come to see what I intended to see and now I must make haste so that I am able to attend to my morning patrols."  With a little bow he turned and leapt up towards the opening his form blocking all of the light for a moment before he slipped back into the moonlight that would chase his demons back down to hell before he got himself into trouble.

-exit-

Bernadette

gems
size
build
player
10-24-2015, 07:13 PM
Ooc:: Yep! No worries. <3

There was a sense of disappointment as the young man spoke. Ahh, he was going so soon? The femme would pout slightly, disappointment within her eyes. Well that was no fun. “I see. Fare thee well, Harekr.” The femme would call out to the young man. She would watch him leave with her bi-colored eyes before looking at the things located around around her once more. Perhaps she would return to this place. But for now she sought something a little more fulfilling... And perhaps the answer had been upon the scent of that brute. Yes... She was going to linger in the north a bit longer. With a smirk she would turn, making her own exit from the cavern.

--Exit.--