Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
08-09-2015, 09:57 PM

Crouching on the bank of the river, Valentine attentively watched the fish that swam around beneath him. The water had eaten away at the bank, leaving a drop off in the side instead of a smooth slope into water, which was exactly why the King had chosen it. Flies buzzed around his ears and caused them to flick, but other than that he remained still, his attention riveted on the water.

Each fish that unwittingly swam by was heavily scrutinized, but all were dismissed. The reasons varied. Too small, too spiny, too...uninteresting. When at last one caught his eye, Valentine leaped for it without hesitation. He hit the water with wide open jaws and, feeling scales across his tongue, slammed his mouth shut. With prize in tow the brute broke the surface and began to paddle back to the bank. He couldn't climb out of the place he'd jumped in, so he had to swim a way to reach a section of the bank that wasn't so steep.

Finding a place, the King hauled himself up and out. The fish, who was still firmly clenched between his teeth, flapped its tail weakly in protest as the brute shook out his coat. Dropping the fish, Valentine eyed it. Well, that settled it. Angelus had come home recently pouting about his inability to catch a fish and Valentine had promised to teach him sometime. Sometime later Valentine had begun to wonder whether or not he was any good at it himself, and so it was for that reason that he'd ventured to the river on this particular day.

Satisfied that his knowledge was at least adequate enough to allow him to catch, and presumably teach, Valentine flopped down on the bank to dry.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Arcus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-09-2015, 11:12 PM
Arcus was majorly cranky. Well, no, that might not be the best word. That was reserved for those far younger than him, wasn't it? No, Arcus was...upset. He was still fuming after his fight with Voltage, he had declared that he was leaving and that he did. He left Voltage there, in his precious packland with his precious siblings that adored him so. Arcus left in the shadows, and waited impatiently for Astrea to be ready to leave. He wanted nothing more to do with his electric brother, because he was the cause of all the storm lover's frustration...right? With a heavy sigh he stomped away, needing to get away from even his star loving sister. He loved her dearly, perhaps the most in their entire dysfunctional odd family. He didn't know where he was, really, but that didn't matter. So long as he was away from Donostrea. He stepped along the rocks, blinking slightly when he heard a rather loud splash. Slate eyes lifted to gaze ahead, tilting his head slightly as he watched the brute lift himself from the water. For a moment he stood in awe, staring at the massive beast. How in the world...he had never seen a wolf that big! Swallowing slightly he took a step forward, watching as the man dropped his fish on the rock. For a moment he lost himself, licking his lips slightly at the sight. It had been a while since he ate something, mainly because he was a rather terrible hunter and he had spent several good years depending on his siblings to do everything for him as he sulked and brooded. He caught himself then, shaking his head slightly and looking at the male. "You're good at that..." He said softly, lowering his head slightly as if to succumb to the brute's obvious dominance. He swallowed slightly, hoping that the first wolf he met since leaving Dono wouldn't just up and eat him.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

08-11-2015, 09:06 PM

He hadn't really considered the ramifications of plastering his wet belly to a bank made up of loose grit before he'd flopped down and already he was regretting it. With each breath he took the sand worked its way further and further into his fur. The sensation was an annoying one.

"You're good at that..." Lazily his head rose and snapped around so he could look at whoever had spoken to him. The sun created a halo around the speaker's head and cast his face in shadow. Squinting, the King regarded him, or rather, the outline of him. He shrugged good-naturedly, a friendly smile lifting the corners of his mouth. "Eh, I'm alright, I suppose. My kid wants a lesson and I told him yes." His grin grew wider. "Figured I better come out here and practice first just in case I'm a little rusty."

He was really looking forward to fishing with Angel. It had been awhile since the two of them had gone out and done something that didn't involve responsibly or pack duties of some kind.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Arcus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-23-2015, 12:19 AM
So the man was a father. Not that it changed Arcus' brief opinion of him. Not really...at all. With a lick to his lips he'd step closer, tilting his head to the beast before him. "A little rusty?" He asked lightly, glancing once again to the fish as his stomach gave a pitiful growl that only he could hear. Damn, at three years old he should be capable enough to hunt and fish on his own. "I live..." He paused, his mouth growing dry at the realization that he no longer lived there, he wouldn't and couldn't call Donostrea his home any longer. "I lived near the ocean for a long time. I still don't know how to fish...as well as you." He added to try and save his embarrassment. he'd take another tentative stop towards the man, his eyes lifting back to his again and trying to ignore the fresh food. "My name is Arcus..." His mouth froze, as if wanting to say more, another name, his last name...but it didn't feel right anymore. Did he really belong to the Elementas anymore? "Do you know much about...this place? The packs and stuff?" He only knew of Donostrea, and a little of Abaven, but he couldn't join there. The alpha wasn't very nice to him anyways, not that he had been in any wrong at all, Arcus had tresspassed...

"Burn Baby Burn"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

08-30-2015, 09:59 PM

"A little rusty?" Weeeell... "Just a little," he confirmed with a smile. He could use some practice. Valentine didn't need to be perfect when he went to teach his son, but it would be nice if he could at least come across as competent. The last thing he wanted to do was make a fool of himself in front of his boy.

The stranger's admission drew a chuckle from the King. Teasing, he said, "Then it's a wonder you survived, if your skills are poorer than mine." The stranger stepped closer and in doing so moved directly in front of the sun and cut out most of the glare, allowing Valentine to finally see his face. He introduced himself as Arcus and Valentine was quick to return the gesture. "Name's Valentine. Nice to meet you, Arcus. "

Feeling oddly short and hating having to crane his neck to make eye contact (how on earth did short wolves do it?) Valentine slowly got to his paws. "Do you know much about...this place? The packs and stuff?" 'This place' being...Alacritia? He nodded. "Sure do; I was born and raised here." Annnnd... He jerked his head in the direction of Imperium. "And that's my pack over there." He eyed the man curiously. "Why do you ask?"

""

Arcus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-05-2015, 02:25 PM
It was odd, Arcus has never felt…uncomfortable, or socially shy. He had always been  comfortable enough with his family, since his first breath. But that didnt matter now, he was on his own. He had decided this, and he would stick with it. So, calling upon his storms he gathered his courage, steeled himself and smiled up at the man quiet sheepishly. "Well, i had some help.." the more he thought about it, the more he knew he had taken for granted from Donostrea. But no more, he had to be strong now. He had to be independent. It was time. "Its nice to meet you, Valentine." He said in his deep voice, blinking as the sun left his eyes as the man shifted. Boy he was large, wasnt he? It was proven even more as he got to his paws. But he was used to it. Glacier was a beast as well, he was used to being short. He hummed lightly as the man spoke of "his" pack, and he wondered if he managed to stumble upon yet another alpha. Weird. "Well, I recently found myself rather…homeless." He said softly, glancing down. "Im looking for a place that will allow me to grow, get stronger. I want to he strong." He said with determination, his eyes narrowimg slightly as his jaws clenched. He wanted to be able to control his storms….

"Burn Baby Burn"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

09-06-2015, 09:18 PM

"Well, I recently found myself rather…homeless." Oh? Valentine's ears pricked forward at this. "Is that so?" He was always on the lookout for recruiting opportunities. Usually he had to find and cultivate the conversation, so it was pleasant change to have the subject brought up by someone else. Being given an "opener" was easier than creating one. "I'm looking for a place that will allow me to grow, get stronger. I want to be strong." Promising so far! "Then I would like to suggest that you consider my pack Imperium. Members are expected to not only pull their weight, but work tirelessly to better themselves. There's always room for improvement - always - and every Imperium wolf is encouraged to seize opportune moments whenever they are presented." He paused to study the man. Valentine couldn't help but wonder what kind of circumstances had come together to make him homeless. Maybe he disagreed with those in charge, maybe he didn't feel he belonged, maybe he just wanted more, but the question that mattered the most to Valentine was whether or not Arcus had been kicked out of his old home. If this newly made rogue was a hard-headed, belligerent troublemaker and had made trouble in his last home then Valentine would eagerly wash his hands of him. Imperium didn't need that kind of man. "How does that sound?"

""

Arcus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-26-2015, 11:41 AM
Arcus would shift slightly for a second, looking up at the man. (What, did he eat all his veggies as a kid or something? What is with this height!) "Imperium huh?" He said softly, looking down for a moment as his eyes narrowed slightly, thinking. He would shift again, settling onto his haunches before he looked up at him fully. "How is your relationship with Abaven..." He said softly, tilting his head slightly. If Imperium was enemies with Abaven, he couldn't do it. He couldn't join a pack that would cause his and Shaye's friendship to sour. Not that she would look at him any differently, probably...but her uncle. He'd clench his jaw then before looking up at Valentine before a small smile tipped onto his lips. "It sounds too good to be true." He said softly. A pack that actually strove for greatness, a pack that did things. It sounded wonderful!

"Burn Baby Burn"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

09-30-2015, 08:41 PM

"Imperium huh?" He nodded before parting with the probably unnecessary, "Mmhm, Imperium." Had he heard of it? If so, and this was where Valentine's vanity would really shine through, what exactly had he heard? "How is your relationship with Abaven..."  The Rex shrugged, the gesture an unknowing way to stall for time as he considered both the question and the answer. "Friendly, I suppose," he eyed the man, trying to decipher a reason for the question, "One of the Azat's sisters resides in Imperium." And that was all he was going to say about Rhythm. He didn't know why the man was asking or where the question was coming from, but it was none of his business if the King was intimately involved with a former member of Abaven. Arcus had hinted at a falling out with his previous pack and Valentine was beginning to wonder if that pack was Abaven. "It sounds too good to be true." The King chuckled. "Let me assure you, it isn't."

""