Angel

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
08-16-2015, 12:18 PM

Restless dreams among other things had led the elder woman to the northern portion of a foreign land. After pondering for weeks she ultimately decided that the place she needed to be was alongside her former charges, Lyndvarr and Lærke. She had consulted the soothsayer and he had seen into her heart and weighed her intuition with the plans of the gods and ultimately it was decided that this was the course of action she needed to take.

It was indeed a difficult one for there was a good chance she would not see her old homeland again. The parting had been tearful but cleansing and some part of the journey had rekindled the young, adventurous woman she used to be. A seasoned and excellent tracker with a gift of gab it did not take her to long to find the borders of the rumored "viking" pack. Surely if Lynd and Lærke were in this strange land their travels would've led the here? Tipping back her head she howled for the alpha in search of information and perhaps, if her charges were indeed here, a new home.

"Speech"

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
09-11-2015, 08:06 AM

A voice lifted at the borders in summons, and Katja, who as had always been her habit had been patrolling, was quick to answer. Slipping through the gargantuan trees that shaded this land, she came upon the stranger in short order and her experienced gaze flicked over the other wolf. An older wolf, though hardly tottering and decrepit. She held herself not with the fearful cringing of an elderly loner, but with a sort of confidence that was easy to approve of. "Heil," Katja said simply to her, coming to a stop as she surveyed the stranger. She cocked her head to the side. "You stand at the borders of Yfir, Erland. What do you seek here?"

""
""

Inga

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
09-13-2015, 01:18 PM

Cool wind ruffled her further and her earthen gaze turned to peer across the north. The turn of the season was likely to bring snowstorms. It would be good to find a place to settle soon, she only hoped her guess was correct. Soon another woman, swathed in gray and black appeared. "Heil." Inga returned the greeting as the woman stated she was standing on the borders of Yfir. The older woman was well versed in a hand full of languages, as well as the one this woman spoke though the hints of the home tongue strengthened her belief that this was indeed the woman she was seeking. "I seek my former charges, Lyndvarr and Lærke Finnvi. I have had dreams of late and after much deliberation it was determined to be the will of the gods that I take to travel and reunite with them. I hope the gods guide me true, do you know of these young warriors?"

"Speech"

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
09-27-2015, 07:43 AM
As the elder spoke, Katja slowly seated herself and listened. "A worthy quest," she answered gravely as the woman finished her tale. "And one that has reached its end. I am Katja Finnvi - their mother was my elder sister, taken in a raid when I was young. They have joined me here as full members of Yfir and the Finnvi family." She eyed the elder coolly, but made no threats against her, made no effort to guide her away though her words labelled her as a member of the group who had stolen Auora away. Auora had held no ill will against those who had captured her, and she would not disgrace her sister's name by dragging it into a feud she would have had no wish for. She simply dipped her head in respect, and turned her gaze behind her, into the territory. "You are welcome to speak with them, if that is your wish? Or do you believe the will of the gods to be leading you to a more permanent reunion? You would be welcomed here."

Inga

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
09-27-2015, 03:36 PM

Finnvi! Inga's ears perked forward at the name, a name she recognized from her time with Auöra. So this was the woman's sister. Inga dipped her head. "It is an honor to meet you Katja. Auöra spoke often of you. Like her I was taken slave when young and it was something we bonded over. Last I heard of her she had been seeking you out and her children her." Inga pondered Katja's words for a moment, choosing to be slow and thorough in deciding her fate though to be perfectly honest her fate had already been chosen by the gods and she would not shy away from it.

"I am indeed looking for a permanent place of residence. I have left my former life behind as the gods have willed. I believe I have some purpose in this place. I am, or was, a skilled hunter though my physicality has waned with age. I do enjoy telling the legends and tales of our gods and heros and my primary purpose of late has been helping to raise young. If you would have me I would be honored to lend the rest of myself to your pack."

"Speech"

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
10-05-2015, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 11:26 AM by Katja the First.)
She dipped her head as the elder spoke of her bond with Auora. "I am pleased she had found a companion such as you to give her comfort. Auora did indeed find me, and we traveled together here. However she has been with our ancestors in the halls of Valhalla for some time now. She volunteered herself in sacrifice to the gods, and it was by that sacrifice that Yfir prospers now."

She lifted her steady gaze once more to meet the elder's, allowing her some time to process before she continued. "Yfir would be honored if you were to share your experience with us. Laerke and Lyndvarr have grown to be fine young warriors, I am certain in large part to your guidance after Auora sought me out." The pair would have been young when she left, though not so young as to still need her. This woman must have been quite capable, for Auora to have chosen to leave her children in her charge.

"Many of our number, while not children, were not raised in our ways and would likely benefit greatly from your stories. Especially, my cousin's young son could use someone with experience in teaching younglings. I am afraid I have been remiss in teaching him; I have little experience with pups. I teach as I can, but I have other duties that need me."

Inga

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
10-23-2015, 05:15 PM

Inga was glad to hear that Auöra and Katja were reunited however the news that Auöra had passed caused a hard knot to form in Inga's stomach. Grief passed quietly over her face but was quickly stifled. She was old, she'd endured much loss and she would endure this one as well though at least in this particular passing there was cause for joy. To give one's life to the god's was indeed a noble act and Inga would not disrespect that act with late mourning. Instead she'd nod. "I see… thank you for telling me." She was sure Lyndvarr and Lærke had been told as well. As if on cue Katja stated that her former charges were growing well and she smiled lightly. "That is indeed good news. I had hoped they might thrive here."

Inga was not surprised to hear that many wolves of this land were foreign to their ways. She had not heard of any viking settlements in this land until she came upon Yfir and she was more than happy to teach the wolves of Yfir the ways that she'd grown to understand and to treasure. "It would be an honor Katja to share the many tales I've collected as well as my own experience. When a woman comes to such an age what better gift to leave to the upcoming generations than her knowledge and wisdom. I look forward to meeting more of your family."

"Speech"