gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
08-17-2015, 07:36 PM

He was on the move again, the boy still without purpose, still without a mission. He wasn't sure what kind of meaning his life had, for now he was just a lost and wandering soul. A ghost, a skeleton of his former self. His coat was ragged and patchy, his frame thin and gaunt, the look in his eyes showed defeat. He was hungry, his stomach settled down to a gnawing pang since he had managed to catch a couple of crabs along the way here. But, it wasn't enough. He was losing himself, and he knew it.

The sound of rushing water up ahead would draw him forward, his tongue parched and ready for a drink. He quickened his pace as he neared, the falling water sprayed over his coat in light droplets while he made his way to the bank. Paws slipped over the mossy rocks a few times, but a few bruises wouldn't stop him from getting his face into the fresh clear pool. The scent of cedar and pine invaded his senses, and when he was done drinking he slipped onto the cool wet earth to avoid some of the heat that had been brought on by summer. He stared into the pool of water, dull gaze staring back at him as unknowingly, a tear slid down his face. Why did he feel so...lost?

"Listen to me talk," 'and know my thoughts.'

Annette

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
08-17-2015, 07:46 PM
The young yearling followed the sound of the running water that was the stream. The smell of the fish as well as the oak and maple that flooded the area, brought happiness and serenity to the now blind teenager. A smile would spread across her maw, paws walking across the fresh, cool grasses that surrounded her paw pads. She was happy, happy that she could be with her family and that she was now able to figure things out since her blindness was now apart of her everyday life now. However, ever since the mountain lion attack, her family had surrounded her and made her feel almost as if she couldn't take care of herself. She would be alone someday, why couldn't they just leave her be for now?

Since she had some time to herself, she sat down by the stream, happening to smell a scent close by. Ears soon swiveled as she could hear the sound of the waterfall hitting against a body, who she wondered, she didn't know for sure. She stood up, hackles raised and eyes narrowed as she snarled. She wasn't the one to hurt someone, but, if she was attacked by this being, she would more than likely tuck her tail between her legs and show her stomach, showing that they won and only that she was passing by, and that she lived here.

"Who are you?!" She barked, happening to smell the scent of the wolf getting closer and closer with every step she took, soon stopping right in front of the wolf when she was sure that she was close enough without bumping into them.
[Image: IhFhPOt.png]

Shiki

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
08-18-2015, 04:36 AM
He'd been nodding off, the depression he'd fallen into often made him feel tired, and in this place even more so as the sound of the waterfall lulled him into a near sleep. As soon as he closed his eyes, however, an angry sounding voice pried him from what was to be. Glancing up in alarm, he saw a she-wolf who seemed to be about his age, but taller then him by half a foot at least. Slowly, he rose to his feet, ears clinging to his head and his tail semi-tucked beneath him as he noted her bristling fur. "M-my name is Shiki. I-I'm sorry to bother you, I didn't know this territory belonged to anyone." His voice was frightened, shaky as he responded. He backed up a couple of steps, honey colored eyes meeting...sightless eyes? Head tilted very slightly as he noticed the scars over the girls eyes. Had she been in some terrible accident? It was none of his concern for now, but he would act as if it were nothing.

"Speech"

Annette

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
08-18-2015, 04:45 AM
Annette would soon calm down, hearing the frightened voice of the young man. He sounded like he was the same age as she, but, she was not sure what he looked like or if he was taller than she, however, her eyes would stay focused on him as if she could still see out of them, and, as if the accident with the lion never had happened. A small sigh escaped her as she turned to the side, sitting upon her haunches and wrapping her tail around her side, eyes looking around despite her not being able to see nothing but total darkness. Shiki. That was a rather...different yet unique name, unlike her own.

"Shiki..." the voice rolled off her tongue as she spoke it, a small smile stretching across her maw. The way the brute was, she could tell the male meant her no harm, "My name is Annette, and what brings you here to Cedar Falls?" She swiveled her ear to the side so she could hear him, relying on her other senses since her sight was out of commission. "My family moved here before I was even born. You are more than welcome to stay as long as you like," her voice sounding much kinder than when she first met the young brute.

Shiki

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
08-18-2015, 04:59 AM
He watched with apprehension as she seemed to calm down. She must have figured that he was no threat to her...he wasn't a threat to anyone, in fact. He was too tiny, everyone else he met were giants in comparison to him. When she seated herself, she seemed to look away from him, though it was evident she kept her attention on him with a cock of her ear and a question. It was easy enough to respond to, he always ended up in different place driven by no particular purpose but to wander until he found one. "Erm, it's...nice to meet you Annette." He offered a shy, forced smile. His stance still showing uncertainty, not that she'd be able to see it but perhaps she could smell his anxiety. "I...guess you could say I'm a wanderer. I don't really have a home so I just go from place to place.."

She told him that her family lived her, so he grew a little more apprehensive at the thought that her parents or other family members might jump from the bushes and attack him. Though he couldn't say for sure, he didn't know them or if they were the aggressive kind, and so far he'd been lucky not to have run into someone who wanted to hurt him. "I..thank you. I appreciate you letting me stay here for a little while. I've been so...tired, lately. It feels peaceful here...so I stopped for a drink and some rest before I go on my way." Where he was going was beyond him. He didn't have anywhere to go really...though there was the possibility of finding Akemi again, but he still had some mixed feelings about that.

"Speech"

Annette

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
08-19-2015, 12:13 AM
Annette smiled and nodded her head, her eyes shifting from side-to-side. Though she coild not see from her orbs, from what she had seen from the world before the incident, it was rather beautiful and breath-taking. The sound the of the waterfall echoed in her lobes as she turned her head, trying to pinpoint where Shiki was located, and she smiled. "Well, what has your life been like, Shiki? Though I do not see what you look like, you seem like a strong and confident wolf." Annette always liked to make others feel good, it out a sense of happiness inside of her soul.

Shiki

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
08-19-2015, 01:46 AM
He watched her for a brief moment before she spoke, asking him what his life was like. Ears flattened to his head as he lowered himself to the ground, the echoing thunder of the waterfall helped put his mind to a blank slate. He wasn't sure exactly what to tell her...that he'd found out his mom wasn't really his mom? And that he was the product of a rape victim? That his dad had lied to him his whole short life? That his father was dead, and he was alone in the world? That the woman who had told him all this...was his real mother? He couldn't believe it himself...but the more he had been allowed to wander with his thoughts, the more he was beginning to believe that maybe...it was all true. With a deep breath, he turned his gaze in her direction as he responded. "My life...well, I've met a lot of people. Including a lion, and she was...different then anything I've seen before...she wasn't so bad, I kind of miss her." He wasn't sure if he wanted to say anything more about his life. It was all so depressing, and full of doubt and hidden lies that not even he had truly discovered yet.

"Speech"