Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
08-23-2015, 03:33 PM

Glacier hadn't left the pack much of late, especially well Voltage had been gone, and then again with Gaia's pregnancy, there was just so many reasons to stay near by, to worry, watch and fawn over his beloved pack. But everyone needed some fresh air every once in a while, and he would find himself, almost by accident, trailing through the territories outside of Donostrea. It was early afternoon when the skies began to darken. Her wouldn't have noticed the coming storm if it wasn't for the sudden lack of light that grabbed his attention, he looked upwards to see the angry clouds clustering in the sky above him. He tasted the electricity in the air around him, there would be no doubt to the approaching storm.

He sighed, looking about him properly for the first time, he had been lost in his wonderingly, and funny enough Arcus had been foremost in his thoughts. Now not only would his mind be on the boy, but there would be a physical reminder of the element he stood for. He looked upwards again, wondering how soon the skies would open, he should find cover but he didn't know the land well, he moved again, as he searched for a place to camp out the storm.

"Speech"

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
08-23-2015, 03:47 PM

ooc note for myself: set a day or two after the meeting

Leo trotted away from Fiori's borders with a slight bit of purpose. He didn't know exactly where he was heading, but he knew the basics of his goal. He wanted to become more acquainted with the other packs. He knew very little about the packs other than Threar and Sonticus and if his run ins with Varda and Mercy had been any indication the other packs didn't know much about Fiori either. He knew that could be an advantage as much as it was a hindrance. It kept Fiori on the downlow and out of the line of sight of those that might want to do it harm, but it also kept him from setting up friendships with the other packs so his members could learn more things and meet new wolves. Plus, gods forbid, something catastrophic happen there were very few he could count on to help his pack.

He wasn't necessarily in a bad mood, but he could tell he wasn't his usual cheerful self either. The meeting hadn't gone poorly, but the attendance wasn't what he had hoped it would be. It was hard to remind himself that at least four of his members were off on trips at the moment and that sometimes young wolves wandered to explore or find themselves. It was all part of life, but he had expected more.

Suddenly a raindrop smacked his nose and broke him out of his troubled train of thought. His head snapped up and he watched as the clouds above him quickly darkened and turned into a sudden down pour. Curse these summer storms! He frowned and quickly glanced around for any kind of shelter to wait it out and he spotted a small cave-like hole in the side of a hill and he darted toward it. He was sure this storm wouldn't last long so that should do just fine. He ran inside and shook himself to free his russet coat of as much of the rainwater as he could.

"Talk" "You" Think

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
08-23-2015, 04:04 PM

Blast! The first drops started to fall, fat tears rolled across his coat, first in occasional splatters but the on-pour followed all too quickly. He cursed softly under his breath and broke out into a trot, he didn't go far before he saw a flash of orange, lit up in the aftermath of lightning, and before the darkness fell again he would see the shape slip into a cave. He didn't think he would have seen the cave otherwise, he was coming up to it on the wrong angle, only the strikingly different tone of a wolf's coat had haloed its entrance.

He trotted towards it, stopping at the entrance. He didn't know this wolfs story, didn't know if this cave was the wolf's home and Glacier wold never trespass, not even with a storm raging above his head. So, with his ears to his skull and his coat soaked through and through with the endless rain, he barked softly to get the attention of the wolf who had slipped into the cave. With the rain thundering about his face it was difficult to see and hear, and he raised his voice to be heard above the commotion “Mind some company, stranger?” he called, shifting his weight from foot to foot and grimacing at the feel of water slipping between every hair of his coat.

"Speech"

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
08-23-2015, 04:24 PM

Leo sighed with relief, both from being out of the rain and from seeing that the cave he had dove into was empty. It was a small streak of luck, but he would take it. Just as he began to make his way further into the den, thunder cracked behind him and it made him glance back over his shoulder just in time to see a giant black and blue-hued wolf come up to the entrance. For a moment he thought the den might have been taken after all and he was trespassing, but the stranger's question alleviated that worry.

"Of course not! Come in before you catch a cold or something," he replied quickly with a chuckle as he turned around to face the other man. Leo wasn't the tallest of wolves to begin with, but he was almost positive this man would even rise above his giant nephews. Luckily first impressions told him he was a pretty gentle giant. "This cave seems to be unoccupied at the moment so I'm sure the both of us can at least use it to wait out this storm." He gave the stranger a grin and added, "I'm Leo by the way. Nice to meet you."

"Talk" "You" Think

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
08-23-2015, 04:42 PM

The stranger was quick to respond, and the Mountainous giant, took a step forward, giving his entire body a mighty heave and his coat rolled side to side in quick movements, throwing off as much rain as it could as he moved into the shelter. He attempted to keep the cascading droplets as close to the exit as possible, he didn't want to soak his new den mate, or dampen the dry spots on the floor. The man would speak again, and Glacier would quickly learn this cave had never belonged to the orange wolf, it had been a quick escape, he was in the exact same position as Glacier. The Titan chuckled softly, moving further into the cave to escape the chill wind and stray droplets that made their way inside. He glanced once behind him, the storm had fully settled in, and the occasional thunder shook the silence, and the darkness would light up with the resulting lightning. “Brr” he muttered to himself, glad to be out of that mess.

He turned his attention back to the deeper parts of the den and the man who occupied them. He easily returned the smile, and dipped his head. “It's a pleasure to meet you Leo, and you have perfect timing. I wouldn't have found this cave if I hasn't seen you slip inside, and I'm Glacier Elementas.” he finished his own introduction before settling into a side of the den, shuffling some grit off the floor with a paw before pacing over the spot and sitting. He had no fear of the stranger, for one, Glacier was beast in size and many didn't see his gentle nature immediately for it, besides, Leo seemed a friendly sort, quick to share a cave with a stranger. “We might be stuck here for a while by the sounds of things. Perhaps we could get to know each other in the meanwhile to pass the time, if you don't mind sharing a few tales with a stranger?” he chuckled softly, nodding his head to see if the other was keen for the idea. He didn't mind going first, but left it open for Leo to start if he was so inclined.

"Speech"

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
08-23-2015, 06:47 PM

Leo was glad to have unintentionally helped the man find shelter from the storm. It seemed that his eye catching coloring had finally come in handy for something! Leo would make himself comfortable as well as Glacier made his way over to the opposite side of the den. The storm raged on outside, but it seemed like their temporary shelter was keeping the rain water at bay. He shook out his damp fur again before sitting down and facing Glacier when he spoke.

The giant wolf across from him offered to pass the time by telling stories and Leo smiled happily at the idea. "Sounds like a plan to me! I do like hearing about others lives and we have to pass the time somehow." He chuckled softly and briefly wondered what he might talk about. He always felt like his life was pretty boring compared to some others, but really his three years of life had been pretty eventful. From leaving his parents to wonder on his own for a while, meeting so many interesting wolves, taking over a pack... He had really accomplished more than he liked to think he had sometimes. "It's funny, I didn't used to be so comfortable talking to strangers," he commented with a slight grin. "But I guess I've just done it enough that it's become my new normal. I remember the first time I got called to the border of my pack to greet someone. I thought I was going to have some kind of nervous fit! Turned out fine though of course, I just put so much pressure on myself sometimes I think."

"Talk" "You" Think

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
08-23-2015, 07:17 PM

His new friend easily jumped at Glacier's idea to pass the time. He brute settled himself comfortably on his paws, keeping his face in the direction of Leo as he listened. Glacier chuckled at Leo's mention of how comfortable he was now with chatting to strangers. The comment brought his thoughts to Anais, who was definitely not comfortable talking to strangers. Its what had sparked the nickname 'Little Mouse' with how he had patiently won her trust, her sweet reactions had stirred his gentle side, and every moment there after had proved her trust had been an astonishing prize.

He had let himself get lost in his thoughts, and his eyes widened with surprise when Leo spoke of greeting wolves at his borders. An amused chuckle broke through his silence, through he waited for the boy to finish speaking before he commented. “The unknown is always difficult to face, but that's not what I find amusing about your tale. It seems, Leo, i'm in the presence of a ruler, am I not? He chuckled softly again, raising his head and lowering it in a polite flourish. “May I ask about the pack you rule? And in turn I will tell you about my own, of Donostrea and the brother who rules beside me” a cheeky grin lightened his polity spoken words, and his silver eyes where alight with amusement.

"Speech"

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
08-23-2015, 09:31 PM

Leo realized he had once again forgotten to properly introduce himself with his title included when Glacier asked about him being a ruler. He still hadn't quite figured out a way to say his title without making it sound like his ego was bigger that it really is. Leo nodded to confirm the man's assumption was correct and chuckled at Glacier's small bow before blinking in surprise when he mentioned the pack that he ruled, Donostrea. "Well, what a small world it is! What are the chances that two alphas ended up stuck in a cave during a storm?" He laughed lightly at the coincidence before he finally put two and two together. "Wait... That means Voltage is your brother, right? I sparred with him at the battlefield a while back! We spoke a little bit afterward, but nothing too in depth you know. That was a good fight."

He chuckled again at the coincidence of it all and how small the world really was before finally getting around to answering the first of Glacier's questions. "Anyway, my pack is Fiori. We reside in the East, in the middle of some mangroves and a hot spring. A very wet territory I'm afraid, but my mother is very fond of the lands and I haven't had the heart to move us anywhere else. We're a neutral pack and tend to keep to ourselves. I have a council that helps me keep the pack running as well." He finished his little rambling description of the pack, not unlike the one he would give a new comer looking for more information before they decided to join. "I'd love to hear more about Donostrea. I didn't hear much about it from your brother when I spoke with him."

"Talk" "You" Think

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
08-23-2015, 10:14 PM

Leo would point out the coincidence, and Glacier chuckled, the thought had also crossed his mind. After all, there where only a few Alpha's in Alacritis, what where the chances of two of them becoming stranded in a little cave together? Perhaps it was a good chance to get to know another pack, but he didn't want to make the talk political – he wanted a friendly chat with a potential friend. The world would shrink that little bit more as Leo spoke of finding Voltage in the battlefield. That was perhaps a less strange place for two Alpha's to meet, since there was always the fear of a challenge.

“I guess the offer to tell you about Voltage was pointless, but I can still tell you of my pack” Glacier chuckled, through he fell silent as Leo answered his question, and he would learn the pack name and a little about it. “Sounds like a nice little place you have, your mother ruled before you? And about us, in truth, through we call it a pack, Donostrea isn't one, we claimed land to give our family a foot hold in this world, a place for them to call home and feel safe. So really we are just a large family” he chuckled “We live in the South, we have a beach and a Prairie, its somewhat fitting since our family likes to relax and party” he chuckled softly. “I'm glad we got this chance to meet, even if the circumstances are somewhat depressing” the sounds of the raging storm outside where yet to ease, and he figured they where likely to be stuck here for many hours.

"Speech"

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
09-19-2015, 10:00 PM

Leo chuckled along with Glacier and then nodded when he asked about if his mother had ruled the pack before him to confirm the fact. He listened with interest as Glacier described the large family turned pack that was his Donostrea. He actually felt a tad jealous that Glacier had so much family to share his life with. Family was incredibly important to Leo so to see the same kind of importance in Glacier was good.

He laughed lightly when Glacier mentioned that his family liked to relax and party. He couldn't remember ever going to any kind of party and he kind of wondered what he had been missing out on. "I definitely agree. I'm always excited to meet another pack leader, especially if it means I might get an invite to one of these parties you throw!" He laughed good naturedly, but a noise from outside caught his attention. His ears perked and his head quickly turned toward the sound, trying to listen through the pounding rain to hear the rustling that had caught his attention. "Did you hear that or am I imagining things?" he asked curiously, hoping that he didn't look too crazy to his new friend.

"Talk" "You" Think