ardent

Try, Try Again

Kar

gems
size
build
player
08-26-2015, 03:51 PM

Their first mating had proved to be a failure. Whether it was their aging bodies or not Kar wasn't sure, but he knew that, even with this sickness in her, that pups meant the world to Nalyda. He was afraid, deathly afraid of losing her. But Kar was no fool. He knew that no wolf could live forever and would just make the most out of the time he had with his beloved. He would look after their children, even should she go first, to make sure that they were safe for much longer to come. The man would come to the den, having sent Zenkai and Annette off to play, to call to his dear.

"Nalyda, my love, please wake up." The man would call, lifting a paw as he came to a stop. Slowly he'd set it down, breathing out a sigh. It was hard, having mixed feelings like this. But he had them all the same. He would breathe in, waiting for his mate to emerge from the den.

"Nalyda Speech," "Kar Speech"

Table by:: Keno

Nalyda

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
player
08-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Nalyda had spent the day resting. The illness had taken a lot out of her, and she usually stayed around the den most of the time, talking with Annette and Zenkai and playing around with the duo. She knew she probably wouldn't live to see winter, but, she spent as much as she could with her family, not knowing how much time she had left on this world and to see her friends and family.

When her mate would call her, she had fallen asleep, eyes closed. She woke up, opening her orbs as they shone in the darkness of the cave, a small sigh escaping her. She wobbled to her feet. The lumps that surrounded her stomach became more visible, and had scattered to her chest, and, with her efforts, seemed like an every day fight to help her family thrive and stay alive.

She walked out of the den, smiling when she saw her mate and nudged under his chest, licking his cheek in a comforting way, "I know you're worried about me, but you mustn't worry. No matter what, I will always be with you and the pups."

Kar

gems
size
build
player
08-26-2015, 04:35 PM

Kar would smile gently when he saw his beloved. The growths had him worried tremendously, but he knew Nalyda would not lie to him. She was a healer herself and felt there was nothing that could be done for them. Surely she would have tried all that she could. The man would give a gently nuzzle to her cheek, trying to smile through the worry.

“I know, my beloved. I just... I guess I want to be selfish and keep you here on this earth with me.” He would give a lick to her ear. “I know that this last litter was something you were looking forward to as well... So... I wanted to ask if you felt strong enough to try one last time.” Kar would look into her crimson orbs.

“Though if not I can understand.” He’d say softly.

Nalyda

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
player
08-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Nalyda would look to the growths on her body. They caused her tremendous amount of pain, but, she would learn to try and get used to them as much as her body would allow it. The smell of the world around her brought back many memories, and, she was happy for the ones that she had spent with her pups as well as Kar. A smile spread across her maw, nodding her cranium. She wished to have one last litter so that Kar didnt feel alone when she was gone, and, she would make sure that all pups were happy and healthy.

"I am well enough to try again, my beloved," she licked his cheek and smiled, nudging him and placing her head under his chin, happy to be in the male's presence.

Kar

gems
size
build
player
08-29-2015, 10:10 AM

Kar would give a small nod to Nalyda as she said that she was well enough to try again. It made him happy, but also worried for her. The thought that there could potentially be something wrong with their children due to her current state was another concern. What if something happened to them all, including his mate? Kar wasn't sure his heart could take that. But rather than second guess himself he would instead focus on what his mate wanted, what he also secretly wanted for them. He would take a breath, banishing all his negative thoughts, before he would lick his mate's head and gently hold her close.

"Alright. Then try again we will." Kar would pull back gently , walking around to the back of his mate. His heart was thumping wildly in his chest, mingling with worry and excitement. Taking a breathe, he would once more initiate the act that would hopefully result in wiggling little puppers.

--Fade--

Nalyda

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Small
build
player
08-29-2015, 10:20 AM
Nalyda smiled and would nod her head. a small smile spreading across her maw. Despite the utter pain that coursed throughout her body, she was willing to make her pup happy and occupied when she was dead and gone. How long would it be until she became deceased from this illness? She was not sure, and did not wish to know. That was the honest truth to be told. Her nostrils smelled the scent of her mate as he brought her close to him. The smell of pine sap and maple was comforting and reassuring, a single tear falling to the ground. But, she would be happy with the time she had to spend with him and her pups.

She would soon see Kar come around behind her, continuing to do the act that would produce and pups running around in the distant future.

--Fade to black--