gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
09-10-2015, 02:39 PM
Frith didn't make his way out of the territory very often, but not knowing what was going on around him was more dangerous than staying home. His paws would carry him away, oddly bringing him to the shrine. The place he'd first met Novella, where his life had completely changed. He'd smile softly as he made his way down the hill and into the white of the forest. Quite relaxed he wouldn't think twice as he lost his footing. While he recovered fine, the earth beneath him had not. Before he knew it the ground beneath him was moving, and trying to swallow him up. The land would slide, displacing itself as it took Frith with him. Luckily he'd been closer to the bottom of the hill, and right before the ground overtook his head everything would stop. While he was encased in mud he had his life, for now. How he was going to escape would elude him completely. He'd breath heavily, leaving the thoughts of escape for when he'd found his breath again.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
09-10-2015, 03:05 PM

The mountainous Alpha would exit his territory and turn East for the first time in a while. He had been travelling the West territories of late. It was a place he scarcely visited for the torturous heat, and summer was nearly unbearable. North was more his style, where the chiller air touched the lands. He refused to take the easy route however, interested in exploring, finding more of the wolves of Ala and learning about the packs here.

He intended to skirt around Alabstrine Shrine as he traveled further East, but the shake of the ground would catch his attention. He stilled his footsteps and tilted his head, listening to the rumble of the earth before it settled again, and there was a moment of silence. The wiser course of action would be to turn and leave, clearly the land here was unstable. Yet, something caught the Titan's attention and instead, hesitantly, he moved further into Alabastrine Shrine. Perhaps he had caught the taste of a wolf on the air, perhaps he had sensed the man in distress, he wasn't entirely certain what had caught his attention but he followed the sense.

The sight of the man caught shoulder deep in the mud was an unusual sight and he admired it as he made his way over. “I've heard about chilling in the mud to keep the heat at bay, but this is a little out of hand don't you think?” he asked, a light touch to his tone as his movements became more cautious and pronounced the closer he got to the softer mud. Glacier wasn't a light wolf and he didn't want to get caught himself. He tested the surface around the man with a paw, his lips pressed in thought.

"Speech"

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
09-10-2015, 03:15 PM
Breathe in, breathe out, repeat. Frith would continue this pattern over and over until those breaths were bak under control. He hadn't let himself think about the predicament he was in yet, but as his mind drifted in that direction a voice would be there. With it a savior he hoped. His dual toned eyes would fall upon the massive form of Glacier, Donostrea's co-alpha. How much luckier could he get? "Very much." Now that his thoughts were allowed to linger there he realized how close his doom might have been. "Don't suppose an old acquaintance could offer some help?" If he didn't it was likely Glacier would be the last wolf he ever saw.

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
09-10-2015, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015, 03:25 PM by Glacier.)

First appearance hadn't told him who the wolf was, but as the muddied stranger spoke in recognition, Glacier's eyes would clear in enlightenment, he chuckled again as he realized this was the polite hunter he had stumbled upon by chance before – leader of Threar. “Old friend, I didn't recognize you, dressed as you are. Through I dare say the color suits you” he said, nodding his head to the 'mud-dress' the man wore. Glacier hesitated, pretending to think about it, but his silver eyes danced easily, perhaps ruining the facade.

It was easy to make light of friends predicament, he would have them out of there in no time if he had any say of the matter. “The mud is starting to crust on top with the heat, but not enough to take my weight. Let me think” he said, so Frith would no a rescue was imminent. Glacier took a step back and looked about him, it was good fortune that there where a few trees about and one would meet his requirement. He moved towards it, before leaping up on an over hanging branch. It was already dropping, dry from the heat and it swayed and creaked easily under his weight. It wasn't a large branch, only just longer then Glacier was and not very thick. It took only a few shoves and kicks to break it lose and they both went crashing to the ground. He shook himself out and picked up the branch in his jaws, dragging it behind him. He stopped when he was near Frith, the added weight of the branch meaning he couldn't get as close as he had when it was just him. He let the branch go, went to the other end of it and began to push until it was before Frith. “Can you grip that with your teeth?” he asked the man.

"Speech"

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
09-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Glacier wouldn't take too much more time in recognizing the Author, he wouldn't hesitate in throwing in humor to the situation. Frith would find relief in the smile, he had been in a rather dangerous predicament. He'd shake his head in response as Glacier took his time in deciding if he would help or not. The obvious answer came quickly though and the Author would try to think as well. He wouldn't come up with anything good before the tall alpha was on the move, flinging himself onto a low branch. The chocolate wolf would quirk an eyebrow, but remain silent as Glacier did his work, eventually bringing the branch to his mouth. "Looks like it." He'd mumble as he reached strenuously for the branch. Finding his mark and gripping tight he'd bark through his clenched teeth, ready to be free once more.

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
09-12-2015, 06:02 PM

He wasn't sure how well this idea would work, but the long branch seemed to hold up alright on the mud. He watched and waited as Frith found purchase with his teeth and barked to let Glacier know he was ready. Glacier positioned himself over the branch, bending his head down to grip it with the teeth well keeping it moderately flat against the earth. Then, gritting his teeth against the bark and squaring his shoulders, he put his back into it. His paws where evenly spaced, spread out against the earth and he moved one paw at a time as he fought against the weight of Frith and the firming mud he had managed to get himself trapped in.

He wasn't able to turn his head when he did this and he would rely on barks from Frith to tell him if there where complications or just how successful this idea of his would be.

"Speech"

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
09-12-2015, 06:22 PM
Glacier didn't hesitate to take hold of the branch and start pulling, Frith would use him more as a leaver as he struggled within the earth. He'd wriggle and pull with his powerful neck, the mud wished not to free him, but with much effort he'd feel his paws pull lose and all at once he was above the surface once more. He'd sprawl out, not wanting to fall through the mud again as he allowed Glacier to pull him fully back to safety. He owed the wolf his life now, knowing full well his escape would have been much more difficult if not impossible with out him.

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
09-12-2015, 06:31 PM

Heaving and pushing his shoulders into it he made a few more slow steps before there seemed to a sort of 'pop!' as the earth released Frith and Glacier almost fell on his face at the vanishing pressure. Frith however hadn't let go yet, a fact that saved Glacier from a fall, and the Titan continued to heave the branch another couple steps, and then a few more, dragging Frith clear of the mud so there was no risk of the other Alpha falling back in. With a grateful sigh Glacier let the branch fall from his mouth, licking his teeth as best he could to clear the few drops his gums had bled at the pressure and uneven edges of the branch.

Shaking out his coat, the Alpha staggered over to Frith, an easy grin already reforming on his lips. “You sure know how to fall into trouble don't you?” he joked.

"Speech"

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
09-12-2015, 06:38 PM
It seemed like the bigger alpha put forth such little effort in saving him, easily he'd gaul the smaller chocolate wolf from the pit. Frith didn't notice the blood on his lips, or the slight hiccup in his breath. He did not however, miss the gratitude he felt. "Glacier, thank you so.." Before he could go into a long gratuitous speach Glacier interrupted him, telling him just how dangerous he was. Finding himself putting on a sly smile he'd release the thanks and answer as best he could. "I'm a talented wolf, what can I say?" He'd chuckle softly as he shook himself, despite wriggling free of his premature grave he hadn't loosed any of the mud that clung to his pelt. He'd look down at the extra 50 pounds of weight that clung tightly to him. "I'm about sick of this muck."

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
09-12-2015, 06:43 PM

Frith had been about to thank him, something the Titan easily waved off, distracting the chocolate alpha with a joke. Frith seemed to pause, before he easily returned the jests, he seemed none the worst for wear after his near-death experience and Glacier's lopsided grin and titled head greeted the other wolves bravado. “That you are. Perhaps I should hire myself out as a full time boy guard” he continued to joke, before Frith brought his attention to his new outfit. “Ready to leave behind your new friends already? Perhaps we should find you a stream to clear up in” he mused.

"Speech"