Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
09-12-2015, 04:22 PM

With things settling down, Arian was finally relaxing. Her mind, was content, as much as other wouldn't come to believe it. Her body carrying her around the borders, another patrol as it was. Until she got the other members on their feet she had to do these things herself. Raise her kids, and get them to know what it meant to be a strong leader. She let a sigh leave her lips though, what happened with Imperium she felt it was kind of ridiculous. Sure they had fun making her run on her toes. When she had only made them curious, but for some reason unlike the other members she didn't feel hostility for their actions anymore.

Maybe it was her way of life, being so laid back and then trying not to be at the same time. The old Seracian wolf had found herself trying to find herself. Rather than being what others wanted her to be she had to concentrate on her own words and actions. That was why she was giving up Sonticus to her children as soon as they were ready. The namesake was important, so she was no stranger to loss. As she stood on the border of her territory, her crystal blue eyes looked out in wonder.

"Talk"
[Image: zL7Ypap.png]

Cypress being Arian's mate, can jump into her threads private or not. Arian is fluent in Japanese and English but also knows mild Irish. Avalon is also allowed to crash Arian's threads.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
09-12-2015, 08:56 PM

Valentine wasn't sure why exactly he was here. He hated coming to these parts. Something kept bringing him back. It was hard to put words towards an answer, hard to put a 'why' to his presence here. In some ways he felt like a guardian; some kind of protector watching over Arcanum's lands until their Queen returned. He wasn't; Valentine wasn't under the impression that Cataleya would return. Not for one second did he believe she might ever come back...but love, even in it's most twisted form, transcended reason. He would walk these lands as he would Imperium's border until the day he died.

An unexpected scent hit his nose and Valentine fell back on his haunches as if a wall had suddenly risen from the ground directly in front of him. His hackles rose as he stared into the Moor in disbelief. No fucking way. Stretched out in front of him was a border and not just any border, but Sonticus' border. The King got to his paws slowly, his expression frozen in surprise as his emotions fought with one another for control. He didn't know whether to be smug that they'd fled or enraged that they'd picked his mother's old land of all places.

A sound off to the side finally pulled his icy gaze from the distance. And lo and behold, who did his eyes land on when he turned to investigate? The woman responsible for this atrocity.

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
09-12-2015, 09:07 PM

For a moment, her eyed widened a bit. Valentine was here again? This time to desecrate the new lands she had gotten? No, his aggression didn't look to be that out of anything she would assume an attack. However, the emotional pain she could sense from him made the woman simply straight faced stare at him. Concern maybe a little, she did find it hard to become angry at him. Cascade was his woman, Arian had been in almost all walks of life, it was hard to prickle her fur for long. Arian left her borders then though, she was not afraid of him even if she should have been. However, she stayed far enough away to not invade his personal space. Her eyes looked back to her territory then to him.

"I never intended to step on your toes Valentine." she breathed for a moment. "Is it the fact we moved closer to you? Or did this used to be your home of some sort?" Of course he didn't have to answer. She herself knew the feeling though, Maybe she should have held disdain to him. Parts of his lands had been her old home, the home she was supposed to have taken over previously before things went to hell.

"Talk"

Cypress being Arian's mate, can jump into her threads private or not. Arian is fluent in Japanese and English but also knows mild Irish. Avalon is also allowed to crash Arian's threads.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

09-18-2015, 08:38 PM

Valentine stood tall and still as he regarded the crippled woman, only the slow rise and fall of his ribs and the gentle, cat-like flicking of his tail betraying the life that lurked beneath the statuesque front. His face was an indiscernible mask, his emotions hidden well. He watched as she approached, let her step closer to him as if her very presence wasn't sacrilegious.

His ears flicked back as her words hit home. This had been his home. He had many miserable and wonderful memories of this place. Much had happened here. He'd reunited with his mother, grown stronger, grown wiser and older, and the idea of running his own pack had taken root here. This was also the last place his mother had been. Arian was not worthy of even placing a paw on Arcanum's old grounds. "I don't believe that is any of your business."

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
09-18-2015, 08:55 PM

Once she thought about it, she didn't get it. Should she had felt vain for how Valentine had hold of her old home. Her first home she had been born and raised in. It prickled her fur how wolves would throw a fit over such petty things. If he planned on driving her out for such a stupid reason she would hold her ground. "Perhaps it isn't, but I was only asking." she shrugged her shoulders. Her demeanor was much different than the last time, her lack of caring clearly shown but still a clean smile on her face. Yes, this was her home now, and imperium didn't have a right to steal it from her. If Valentine thought he did he was wrong because then it would mean she just had every right to steal the range out from underneath his paws.

"I'm guessing you came to belittle my pack who has done nothing to you again." She had thought about doing something, but with numbers and size Valentine took the cake. "I'm not going to hold a grudge against you because I see no point in it. Having a fight over something that comes naturally to most wolves. You can see me as weak all you want because I know I am. Besides I won't be in charge for much longer. Though not sure why I'm telling you this, maybe I'm convinced it'll make you leave me alone." Arian thought out loud as she looked off to the side. There were things in this world best left forgotten. "I'm willing to throw what happened out the window, I won't bother you and you won't bother us. I'm willing to let you have a hunt in these lands if that would make you happy. It's a weak move yes but I do what I can to protect my family." It was not a mistake. The weaker did tend to feed the stronger, it was how things went.

"Talk"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

09-18-2015, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2015, 10:29 PM by Valentine.)

It clicked suddenly why his disdain was so strong for this woman. She spoke without any measurable amount of tact, simply vomiting up words and stringing them together like a petulant child. The more he studied her the stronger the feeling that he was dealing with a toddler grew. Not only did she speak like a child, but she moved and acted and expressed herself like one. How such a person had managed to claim and keep a pack for so long was beyond him.

Disgust suddenly cracked the emotionless mask he wore and lifted his lips in a sneer. Wolves were born to hunt and kill the weak. Only a fool or the very, very strong targeted a healthy, capable animal. When picking a target out of a herd of deer was not the weakest member eyed first? This right here, this woman and her pathetic pack, they were without a shadow of a doubt, the weakest Alacritia had to offer. No change in leadership would stop him if he set his sights on Sonticus. Right now he was watching and testing, and Arian was not holding up under his scrutiny.

There was no point in wasting his time or efforts in arguing with this pathetic woman. His voice was soft, but nevertheless, the icy threat was clear. "I'm going to give you an ultimatum. Leave the Moor and do not return or I will be back to take more than a kill from you." Fearlessly he turned his back on her and began to walk away, pausing once to lazily speak over his shoulder. "Good day, Arian." He was still within spinning distance and should she decided to get lippy with him, Valentine would be around in an instant to silence her.

-exit unless stopped-