ardent

And let the doorknob hitya where the good Lord splitya!

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
09-20-2015, 04:30 PM

Languid strides carried him over the already weakening markers that used to circle the territory that Sonticus had tried to make its home. As he'd said he would, Valentine was back. And he was pleased to see that his words had struck the appropriate amount of fear into Arian's heart. She'd taken her lot and fled as he'd expected, and though h'ed never doubted she'd do anything other than that, a part of him was disappointed. He'd wanted a fight, a chance to put his soldiers to good use and lay claim to whatever useful members Sonticus possessed, if they had any to begin with.

Reaching the strange and familiar rock structure in the heart of the Moor, Valentine circled the stones and, finding a suitable place, hiked a leg and took a piss in a place that had a high concentration of pack scent. With much disgust he then kicked large quantities of loose grit up behind him, gouging and scratching at the smell of Sonticus wolves that lingered in the old Arcanum land in an effort to scrub out the offending odor.

Satisfied with his work, Valentine then trotted away, moving to cross the Moor and exit out the side opposite of the one he'd come in on. For now his work here was done.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Cathaoir

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
09-26-2015, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 12:23 AM by Evelyn.)

Ah, so this was the land that he had heard about since his birth.

The large pale gray wolf weaves his way through the unfamiliar lands, his nostrils flaring as a world of new scents entered his nose. He had never stepped paw on any of this terrain before, and there was so many possibilities here. His tri coloured ears were pulled forward, trying to pick up every little sound that he could possibly here. He had heard tales of these parts, but he couldn't have ever put a picture to them. Not like this. The simple wonders stretched on before him, just begging for Cath to hear their story as well. Gray tipped tail swayed behind him as he walked on in wonder, mint green eyes wide as he tried to take all of it in.

It wasn't until he was a few feet away that he saw the slate blue man in front of him. The boy paused, head tilting slightly to the side. He was very tall, about two inches taller than himself. Were all wolves here this large? His parents were for sure not that big, he towered over both of them. But not this man, he was the first he had met who had matched his height plus some. It didn't help that he was the very first wolf he had even seen on these new lands. But he seemed rather... off. Grumpy almost, as he started towards the moor and headed his way. Cathaoir did not advance towards the larger male, but waited until he came closer until he reclined his head in a simple greeting. An uneasy smile was on his maw, and he took a moment to look him over. He had a strong build, and it was obvious that he was a warrior as well. Despite the grumpy look. The younger boy suddenly snapped his eyes shut, fighting off a wave of fear that suddenly tried to take hold of him. The gray boy started to panic, gulping down a large breath of fresh air, trying to focus on breathing in and out. In and out. One more time. Silently he started to count to ten, when at last he opened those stunning pale green eyes.

Clearing his throat, he shook out his monotone coat, taking one last deep breath before an awkward, lopsided grin was offered. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but where exactly am I?" He muttered, deep baritone muted in his hushed words. He felt slightly awkward, dark topped ears pulling back slightly as he shuffled his weight along his large paws. "I am looking for someone, and I am not sure that you would know her. If I could ask?" Conversation was not his strong suit, and it showed easily in the uneasy way that he held his posture. Plus, these lands where huge, there was no way that he would know where his half siblings were.

"SPEAK!"

Art by Acrylic

Rœkia T

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
10-02-2015, 05:47 PM

Well, since her other marshland seemed to be occupied now Rœkia had no choice but to venture into the Druid's Moor as she continued searching for herbs. Taking a deviation from her usual quest in gathering poisons and risky plants she was on the hunt for some marshmallow for the upcoming winter season. Living alone she often got malnourished when prey began to hibernate and upper respiratory disease was sure to follow. The young woman toyed with the idea of joining a pack but decided against it. She'd rather hunt for a band of loners first.

Slipping through the fog-laced heather like a ghost her silvery coat and dark legs made her appear to almost float through the mist. This place was some how spooky and serene all at once. Rœ's ears flicked forward at the sound of voices as she carefully navigated her way to the source of the sound. Two massive males, one slate colored and another pale gray appeared to have just met. Well, well, what had she just managed to walk right into the middle of?

Rœkia's gaze was struck by the strange ring of rocks and she whistled. "Wow… what the heck are these all about?"

"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

10-10-2015, 12:49 PM

Valentine almost made it out of the Moor. Almost. His progress was halted by a shifty looking young man. The stranger's obvious nervousness was contagious, although the King kept his reservations well hidden. The brute didn't seem too keen to meet him, but he wasn't getting out of his way either and that was what made him shifty. It brought to mind a bandit pacing nervously just outside of sight as he waited for an unsuspecting traveler. Was this the distraction that came before an ambush?

He was offered a smile, but no greeting as the shifty young brute jumped straight to a question. "Druid's Moor," he offered. Surely the boy's question wasn't broader; he couldn't imagine getting this far into Alacritia without learning its name. "I am looking for someone, and I am not sure that you would know her. If I could ask?" Valentine shrugged, still wary. "Sure, shoot." If he could help he would.

Another light-colored wolf appeared out of the mists, announcing her presence with a whistle. Moving so he could see both wolves with ease in an effort to minimize his chances of being surprised, Valentine nonchalantly looked the newcomer over. Her attention was riveted on the circle of rocks behind him. Unfortunately he wasn't going to be much help. "Relics, I'm told. Leftovers from ages gone by."

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Cathaoir

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
11-02-2015, 01:08 PM

The giant male introduced these lands as Druid's Moor, and he nodded his head sharply, committing the name to memory. If he truly wanted to explore all of Alacritia he was going to have to remember the name of the lands. But it would seem that he wasn't the only one to find this place curious, a speckled female showing her face and asking about the rock formation behind the giant man. He was distracted for a moment, his ears pulling back slightly as three was very much a crowd for the nervous boy. He was still new to this place, and it made him even more skittish that there were two wolves here who probably knew the landscape a lot better than he did, if he tried to flee he would most likely end up in a ditch somewhere. He listened as the other male told the female that they were relics from a long time ago, and he wondered if he was talking about the humans. His mother was old enough to remember tales from her parents, who lived during the time that humans still thought that they ruled the world, before the era of the wolf. Blinking his mint green eyes, he tore his gaze away from the rocks and focused on the tinted blue male again, remembering that he had told him to ask his question.

Feeling even less at ease with the female there, he shuffled his weight across his paws as he cleared his throat, trying to keep his face as stoic as possible. "I'm looking for my sister. Well. Half sister. Mercy Destruction. Do you know her?" he asked in his broken manner. He knew that it was most likely a long shot, he knew that there were probably thousands of wolves that made their home here, what were the chances that the first wolf he ran into would know her. His head swung around to the female, an awkward smile lasting a whole two seconds on his maw. "And you miss? Do you?" he asked, grey head tilted to the side. He was hopeful, which may be a stupid idea.

"SPEAK!"

Art by Acrylic

Rœkia T

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-07-2015, 04:37 PM

Reaching out a paw Rœkia ran her claws down one of the rocks, getting a feel for it before she turned to gaze at the large slate male who identified the rocks as nothing more than old relics. Well… she probably could've figured that out but it was the thought that counted right? With a smile she turned and trotted over to the men. The paler male seemed awfully skittish. Awww…. poor baby! Did she make him nervous? That was rare.

Rœkia grinned and nodded at his question, unable to help herself. "Mercy? Oh yea I know her! Quite the gal, that Mercy. 'Friad it's been awhile since I've seen her though." The lies slipped free from her mouth as naturally as her breath and she let them without much thought. "My name is Magpie by the way… I happen to be looking for someone to, have either of you boys seen my magpie? His name is Wolf."

"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

11-22-2015, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 04:49 PM by Valentine.)

Ugh. Not another Destruction. They were like rabbits; the lily-livered lot fucking around and throwing offspring left and right. Granted, there were a few that were alright. Mercy probably possessed more courage than the rest of her family combined. Rhythm too surpassed her family. She'd adapted well to life in Imperium. But as far as he knew they were the only exceptions. The woman Harmony had seemed bolder than average, but he got the feeling she was some kind of goody two shoes and no amount of courage could overcome that.

Valentine spared the cowardly boy a quick assessing glance. He knew Mercy wasn't fond of her family. With that in mind there was no way in hell he was going to give this boy the information he was looking for. The woman telling him she knew Mercy didn't change much; if that was how he found his way to Imperium so be it. He himself wouldn't be responsible for inflicting relatives on her. "Never heard of her."

Next his attention shifted to the woman. He wasn't quite sure whether or not she thought she was funny or if she was being serious, but he figured he better answer her too just in case. In any case he'd be ambiguous so his answer would work for either case. "'Fraid 'I'm oh-for-two."

Cathaoir

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
12-07-2015, 06:19 PM

Minty green eyes rested on the woman as she spoke, and even though his heart jumped at her words he found his eyes narrowing slightly. There was something about her that made him uncomfortable, and unsure if he could trust her. It seemed silly to be called Magpie, and have a bird by the name of Wolf. A huff left his maw, and he looked towards the larger male with a hopeful look. He didn't seem to know her either, and his shoulders sagged downwards. He needed to find her before their mother passed away from this sickness, they needed a chance to say goodbye to her. He knew that Mercy wasn't close with their dame, but... she must want to fix things before they were too late. Falling to his rump with the weight of his disappointment, ears tightly pressed to his skull, his head hung low for a moment. He wished that he could trust the spotted woman, but there was something in his gut that told him she was lying. But maybe... just maybe. "Please, its important. Do you? Know her for sure?" he rumbled, a certain edge of desperation in his voice. "She has a brother. Another one." It was an open statement, but maybe if this woman knew his name he could tell that she was telling the truth. From what Othello had told him, Mercy and Revenge were very close. Surely they went everywhere together. He shrugged his shoulders at the question that she had asked though, dismissing it entirely. It would seem that they both needed to find someone that no one knew anything about.

"SPEAK!"

Art by Acrylic

Rœkia T

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
12-18-2015, 09:06 PM

Drat! Where had that darn magpie gotten off to. It seemed the large slate man hadn't seen her friend. Man… what a pair of grumps. She'd seen dying fish that were more lively than these two. The lighter male would address her, asking her if she were sure and she could hear both the skepticism and the desperation in his voice. She leveled a stare at the male, raspberry eyes intent and unblinking, her tone serious. "It depends how you define 'know'. I don't know her well, we aren't close and as I said before it was seasons ago…. she was headed to the west but honestly she could be anywhere by now." Rœkia broke her gaze allowing her lips to curve in a grin. "Sorry, looks like I'm not able to help you and I see you aren't able to help me." She shrugged and trotted around the stones, half her mind on exploring the terra the other half on the two males. Her fur brushed along one as she curled around it gazing back at them. "I suppose we could search together but alas I was fixing on heading east."

"Speech"