ardent

We Were Making The Bullets To A Broken Gun

Allen

gems
size
build
player
09-20-2015, 07:14 PM

Threar had fallen.  Not so much because it had been challenged for, but because Novella had not fought. Allen knew Bass well enough to know he had been angry but... could he really judge a man who took the home of his family when it was not fought for? The calico gentleman knew that he had to speak to Bass and, likely, the other was not going to be too pleased with what he had to say. He would heave a sigh, but Allen felt that he had to at least speak his piece to his friend.

A howl would rise on the breeze, calling for the pale man to come to him. He knew Bass had left Abaven lands, likely to speak to one of the allies. Allen just hoped he wouldn't be too late for drastic measures to not be taken. He would sit, ears perked as he waited for the other to come. He was sure that regardless of the outcome such opinions would not be enough to break his friendship with Bass. They were stronger than that.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'
Table by:: Tealah

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
09-22-2015, 07:36 PM

He had just crossed back over the boundaries of Abaven when a howl rang out for him, coming from Allen. His eyes narrowed slightly as he turned directions, not really in the best mood to have a conversation. He just wanted to curl up in his den and sleep. Scowl deep set on his maw, he paused when the brown based man came into view. Giving him a curt nod, he flopped to his rump with a harsh thud. Raising a single brow, he waited for the other to speak. It was very, very clear that he wasn't down for this. But it was Allen, and he was his friend, and had been for quite some time. Taking a deep breath, he tried to calm himself. His hackles settled along his spine, but his face didn't relax at all. He really hoped that Allen just wanted to have a chat about what to do with the members of Threar. He wanted to keep as much of his family close as he could, but with only two lands he could only handle a few more. With his own children on the way, Allen and Nona's young ones, as well as Quelt and Limno's babies, there was very little room for anyone else. There had to be some other solution to keep them all here, or at least close.

"SPEAK!"

Art by Evelyn

Allen

gems
size
build
player
09-22-2015, 07:56 PM

Bass would come, and it was clear that he was in no mood for chat. Though, perhaps it was because it was him, that the man even considered it in the first place. Allen would give a tip of his head apologetically towards Bass, letting his dark green gaze rise to meet golden hues. "Now Bass, I know you're in no mood to talk, and I know you're not likely going to like what I've got to say, but say it I must." The calico gentleman would breathe in, closing his eyes.

"What happened to Threar was unfortunate. The man that challenged them, while I don't know why, seemed to be looking for a place for his own family." Allen would open his eyes again, fixing them on the Azat. "I do not blame you if you seek retribution, Bass. But know this. If you are to make any sort of mind about capturing slaves I will not be part of it." Allen would flick his ears back.

"That pack is probably next to nothing but pups. I've seen that man before, Bass. I've smelled his young. I will not be the one to pry yet another family apart."

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
09-22-2015, 08:18 PM

At Allen's words, his hackles stood back up as his lips curled into a snarl. Bass had not spoken to Allen about his intentions yet, and had just come back from speaking with Valentine. The mention of slaves did not calm him more. Had he spoken to Sin about all of this? Otherwise how could he even know? He said that he had met the man, his ear flickering to add that information to his swirling head. "Pry a family apart? Just like that bastard did when he challenged my aunt to her pack? He could have made a home for his family anywhere else, but had to be Threar, didn't it? Novella had JUST given birth! How is that fair for Sin to challenge for the most peaceful pack out there? They did nothing to him." He snarled even louder, standing up as his jaws snapped in Allen's direction. Golden eyes were molten gold, anger coursing through his pale body. "And how do you know that it is a pack of just children? Because I know for a fact that they have warriors, I have checked. A pack cannot survive with just young. And I am not heartless, Allen. Or do you even know me at all?" He spat. Of course he wouldn't be stealing children! He had pups of his own, and wouldn't imagine taking young from their parents. Plus, who would want a young slave? Even if he was one to keep slaves for himself, he would want them to be capable of defending themselves as well as aiding the pack.

There was nothing but rage in Bass now, hurt also flaring in his belly. Allen was a friend, a close one at that, and he helped him lead the pack. But how he didn't even want to stand at his side with this? "Abaven needs more land, with its members now swelling. I indent to siege against Sin's pack, and if you don't want to help, then you can leave." Bass said through clenched jaws. He couldn't believe that one of his closest friends wouldn't even side with him, with the pack that had given him a home for years. He had expected so much more from this man. Turning away briskly, his shoulders rolling, as he stalked away.

-exit unless stopped-

"SPEAK!"

Art by Evelyn

Allen

gems
size
build
player
09-22-2015, 08:29 PM

Allen felt anger bubbling in his own gut at Bass' words. He would rise, lashing his tail back and forth. “I have seen many kingdoms come and go Bass. Those that rose for good reasons and bad. Those taken for good reason and bad. But just because your family’s pack was targeted... Since when does two wrongs really make a right? It is more pointless bloodshed. But if this is what you want, to lose a friend over this, go right ahead.”

“I thought I knew you Bass... But all I see now is a man who would let his anger take him before he even discussed the matter with his pack. With his so called friends. Is our blood so unimportant to you? You are angry and want retribution, but surely you could do that alone, man on man?” Allen would heave a sigh.

“So go ahead and have your war... But my family and I won’t be here to see that. I... I don’t know you anymore Bass. I’m sorry.”

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
09-22-2015, 08:48 PM

The words that left Allen's maw made him pause, narrowed gaze tossing over his shoulder at his words. "I am doing what I can to protect my family, Allen. I thought that you would understand that the most. And of course I would not lead everyone off before calling a pack meeting, but it is on my mind. I haven't changed any, it is you who have lost sight of what really matters. Take your family and leave." He hissed. He didn't want to talk to Allen anymore, it hurt his heart too much. Eyes watered and he tossed his head forward, avoiding the older man's gaze. "But I will do what it takes to make sure that my family is safe. Nothing is ever set in stone, and its not like I am marching over there right now. I always talk to my pack first." Bass retorted, taking a few more steps away. He flinched, slinking back slightly. He didn't want Allen to leave, or Nona and their children. But he couldn't stop him. Couldn't take back his words. Just like with Rhythm. "... I will be torn apart to see you leave. You've been here almost since day one. But I get it."

"SPEAK!"

Art by Evelyn

Allen

gems
size
build
player
09-22-2015, 08:53 PM

Allen would heave another heavy sigh. "I understand that Bass, I do. But I still think you are acting too rashly." The man would turn away, glancing towards his own den. He would feel his heart clench, regret at his own words, but he could do nothing to stop them now. Allen was older. Tired. Tired of seeing the same things happen to each pack he was in. To see their leader head to war... to eventually see them fall apart. Allen would hide his tears from the pale man. "Goodbye Bass." Without another word, without looking back, Allen would walk to collect his ill family from their den. Because of him they had not only lost their home but... would even more likely now lose their lives to the illness that claimed them. Perhaps he just wasn't meant for this world.

--Exit Allen--

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'