gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
09-25-2015, 08:32 PM

She had not spoken to any of her siblings' of her intentions to come here. She had considered telling Bass, or at least warning Rhythm of her intentions but ultimately, she had decided to keep it to herself. She had made her slow, painful way to the other pack, the pack where her sister resided, and seated herself neatly at the border. This, then, was where her sister lived. The pack who had stolen her, yet she had chosen to stay. She didn't not want to cause her sister trouble... but she needed to assure herself that she was not in a bad situation.

Lifting her thin muzzle, she sang out for the alpha of the pack to join her. The sun had been setting for some time, sending deep purple tendrils across the darkening sky as twilight settled over them, but Harmony was unconcerned with the late hour and the threatening shadows. She was not a warrior but she was... unafraid. She'd faced death, and in the face of it she would not fear darkness. Her odd-colored eyes blinked serenely into the darkness of the trees over the border.

""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
09-27-2015, 05:32 PM

What was this? Valentine studied the woman as he approached, noting the markings under her eyes and the thick stink of Abaven emanating from her. Of course his thoughts went immediately to Rhythm. He assumed this visitor was for her and while he certainly appreciated her respectful wait at the border he was eager to send her on her way and be rid of her. The brute wasn't particularly fond of Rhythm's relatives and they were perhaps the one negative thing about being with her. Now that they had kids it was likely that he'd be forced into closer contact with the Destruction lot and he honestly wasn't looking forward to it.  His general dislike for the family wouldn't taint his hospitality though. For the sake of his family and respect for Rhythm's love of hers he would be nothing short of polite. "Greetings, miss. Here to see Rhythm and the kids, I take it?" He stood at the ready to take her to the den, perhaps a little too eager to pass her off to someone else.

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
09-27-2015, 06:01 PM

The male that approached was handsome enough, Harmony admitted. Though she herself had no interest in him, she could see what had attracted her sister's gaze. He seemed preoccupied, tolerant of her presence but generally uncaring. He'd clearly checked out of this conversation before it had even begun.

At his mention of the pups, Harmony's ears fell to the side, and she wavered. "I was unaware the pups had been born... but no, I am not here to see Rhythm, nor will I impose on a mother with young pups. I am certain your healers have things well in hand. No, I am here to speak with you."

Making a quiet gesture with her paw inviting to sit with her, she looked up at him with serene fearlessness. "I am assuming you are Valentine Imperialis? I am Harmony Destruction, Rhythm's sister. I have been..." she hesitated, unwilling to tell this male more than she'd told her own family. "I have been away for some time and have only just returned."

""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

10-01-2015, 06:19 PM

"No, I am here to speak with you." That got his attention. What could she possibly want with him? "Mmhm, they'll be out of the den soon enough. Tell Bass and them they're welcome to come visit." If nothing else they'd be able to meet their new niece and nephew when they came for the training day. Or, if Bass did decide to siege and was victorious, Valentine might invite them back to Imperium for a celebration. He'd accept just about any excuse to party.

Ah, a sister. One who'd been away? That explained why she'd only been ever mentioned once as far as he could remember. "Guilty as charged." Valentine seated himself. "And now you wish to speak to me," he stated simply, not hedging a guess. Whatever she had to say was important enough to bring her all of this way. He'd find out soon enough.

"Talk" "You" Think

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
10-09-2015, 10:47 AM
She dipped her head in sincere thanks for his invitation. "Thank you," she murmured softly. "I will tell Bass when I return. I will leave it as his choice as my alpha whether to extend your invitation to the family. We do not want to tax either Rhythm's strength or your patience with us, after all."

The big male seated himself, and Harmony found herself tilting her head back to look up at him. "So I do," she agreed with humor, though her smile faded slightly a moment later. She would not delude herself into thinking this conversation would go entirely smoothly, but she was nothing if not persistent and she needed to know. "Valentine, my sister is not a fool; I would not expect her to be so completely blinded by a man's faults that she would willingly allow herself to be seduced by an evil man and so I must believe that you are a good man, and that she loves you. But she is very self-sacrificing and stubborn, and I do not believe she would confide truthfully in her family out of concern for them. But you see her every day and you are... very close. So I am asking you, Valentine, because you do not know me and your concern is only with my sister. Is Rhythm happy here? Not simply happy with you, but with living here. Is she happy?"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

10-15-2015, 09:38 PM

In response to Harmony's first statement Valentine simply nodded in appreciation and left it at that. While he didn't doubt for a second that Rhythm would be pleased to see any family members who chose to visit, his patience was easily taxed, especially by the Destruction lot, so he was, rather selfishly, pleased.

The speed with which the woman's smile came and disappeared made him a tiny bit suspicious. And for good reason too, it seemed, because Harmony seemed to be just as nosy and overprotective as Bass. The line "out of concern for them" caught his attention and earned more than a little annoyance from the King, although he was careful to keep his true feelings well hidden under an amicable mask. So, she was concerned that Rhythm might be what, held against her will? Concerned that Rhythm was afraid Valentine might go after her family and was only staying with him to stave off vengeance? And what, to learn whether or not this might be true Harmony was simply going to ask him?

Fine. He would play along and answer her questions. "Life here is very different than what she was used to," he began, "and I think she has struggled to find her place among my wolves, but those struggles aside, I do think she is happy here." So take your nosiness and bark up a different tree.

"Talk" "You" Think