Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
09-25-2015, 09:52 PM

Karabela could not honestly remember ever being this nervous. She'd followed Starling back to Abaven territory where she was about to ask for a new start and a new home and no matter how hard she tried she could stop her stomach churning. Raba dearly hoped that this was the answer. She'd enjoyed exploring with Lillie and Starling was a gem so hopefully the rest of Abaven would live up to what those two had told her. "Well… here goes." She glanced at Starling hoping for some reassurance before she tipped back her head howled for the alpha of Abaven to come greet her.

Raba checked herself over one more time before curling her tail around her paws. She felt as the though the wait of her entire fate hung on this delicate thread. Would she finally have purpose? Would she finally be able to find what it was she was so desperately search for.

""
[Image: qqwoqe.png][Image: karabelas_by_nnightcrawler-dais5gp.png]
[Image: k1dtly.png]
I'll take my throne, lay it on a mountain and make myself a king

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
09-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Starling moved along with Raba, his jaws full of herbs he had just had to stop and collect on the way home. He was happy, airy even, to bring home someone he thought might benefit Abaven. This girl was young, eager to learn (hopefully) and she seemed to identify with the main definition of Abaven: Mercenary. He trotted happily, leading her along towards his home. He could tell she was nervous, and honestly he would be too if he were in her position and if he didn't know how wonderful Abaven was. An alpha with a sensible head on his shoulders, a pack that helped each other grow stronger, and some of the best herbs right at his paws. Though he supposed that fact wouldn't get on everyone's top list when it came to the pack, but reguardless.

At the border he'd carefully drop his bundle and look towards Raba. A gentle smile touched his lips then, encouraging and soft. There was nothing to be afraid of, especially for a warrior like her. "D-don't you w-worry. He'll l-love you. I-if you're s-still nervous I-i c-can introduce y-you f-first?" He said with a gentle smile, moving to sit near enough to her to hopefully provide comfort, but not close enough to be too...familiar. He'd wait for his father, knowing he wouldn't have to wait too long. Bass was usually very good about visitors.

"Talk""Italian"

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
09-26-2015, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 12:16 AM by Evelyn.)

And he was rather fast as well. He had heard the howl, and with the wind in his favor had picked up the scent of the stranger as well as Starling's. It was unlike the boy to bring friends home. So he trotted to the border, eyeing the woman who sat at Starling's side. The white man dipped his head in a greeting, pausing before the two. It was hard to look at his son at this side of the border, and it made his tail twitch. She looked to be around the same age as his own kids, but was certainly much taller. She surpassed his own height by a lot, one of the few wolves he had met outside of Imperium. But that is because Imperium bred giants. Or ate some crap that made them taller. Clearing his throat to rid of his thoughts, he smiled at the stranger. "Greeting, I am Bass Destruction, Azat of Abaven. What brings you to my border today?" He asked the girl, before his gaze resting on Starling. "I see you have made friends with my son. You can't want anything too bad." He teased, tossing a wink at his brown and white son.

"Speech"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
09-26-2015, 07:33 AM

Her howl echoed over the plains before fading into the silence. A warm wind ruffled her fur, probably the last of summer and she couldn't help but be swept up in the beauty of the place. The wide open plain, the beautiful expanse of sky marked here and there with a fluffy white cloud. Hope was brimming in her chest, nearly spilling out her through along with her nervous but Starlings kind words helped ground her. "Thanks, Starling. No, no I can do it myself." She took a deep breath. She was a Thyre dammit! Her mother and elder brother had faced off against grizzly bears, sacrificing themselves to save her. They were brave and fearless and everything she hoped to be. Even if she felt fear she wasn't going to show it.

Soon an older pale male appeared and while he seemed wary at first he quickly brightened, even teasing. Son? She glanced to Star. He was the alphas son? She wondered if he'd said something and she completely missed it. Well that was pretty cool. Raba felt herself relax and she smiled back at the older man. "Hello there, Azat sir. I'm Karabela Thyre, you can call me Raba. I met your son in the delta and he told me of Abaven. I've been… well I've been a bit lost in my life's purpose and hearing Starling talk about Abaven I think- no I've decided I want to join! I'm a fighter and I've been wandering long enough by myself I've picked up knowledge of various terrains, terras and means of navigation."

""

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
09-27-2015, 02:37 PM
She was respectful, that was for sure. It pleased him to hear her very proper greeting, followed by her explanation of meeting Starling. Ah, so the boy had talked her up about Abaven, eh? Bass gave Star a pleased smile, before his gaze settled on the girl. He understood being lonely, he had no idea where he would be without his pack. She told him of her skills in both fighting and navigation, furthering his interest in this Karabela. "Abaven is always in need of eager fighters, and we would be pleased to accept you into our pack. But how much did Starling tell you of Abaven? We work a little differently than your ever day pack, and I want to make sure you are aware of what we stand for before I fully welcome you in."

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
09-27-2015, 02:58 PM

Karabela nodded swiftly.  "Well he told me that Abaven is a mercenary pack but that you're also a large family.  A mercenary pack suits me fine.  I live to fight, I want to be like mother.  She was a fierce warrioress, fearless." She'd keep to herself the desire to feel the connection of a family again,  the hope that Abaven might be that family.  She'd closed herself off for quite awhile and didn't expect to feel completely at home right away.  However, having a friend like Starling made her feel a lot better about Abaven.  She glanced at Bass again. "Is there something else you feel I should be aware of?"

"Speech"

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
09-27-2015, 03:05 PM
Starling had done well, she knew the main purpose of Abaven. She asked if there was anything else, and he tilted his head to the side for a moment. "We hold training sessions with two warriors paired off for a month, before I call a meeting and switch partners. The pair will also have a healer assigned who is in charge of seeing to their wounds. You have missed this last pair up, but you will be added to the next one." he nodded his head again, it was almost time to swap anyways. A few more days and he could call the swap meeting. Grinning at the tall female, he dipped his head to her. "Welcome home Karabela, I am sure you will fit in quickly. Please, do make yourself comfortable and chose your den. I am sure I will see you soon." leaving the girl in Starling's care, he placed a swift kiss on his sons head before turning back into the territory. Looking over his shoulder and tilting his head for her to pass, Bass took his leave.

-exit Bass-

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
09-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Starling would sit, quiet and patient, as Bass arrived. His only greeting was a sweet smile and a slight sway of his tail, otherwise he stayed silent. He was there as a guide, showing Raba to Abaven, but the joining part was all up to her. If Bass said no, Starling wouldn't be able to fight it, so he tried to keep a slight bit of distance between himself and the process. It was fun, though, seeing the way Bass worked, the questions he asked the girl. It was so simple, so quick, he couldn't help but feel a ray of pride that perhaps Starling's judgement on the girl had been a factor in her swift initiation into the pack. He would smile brightly as Bass placed a kiss on his forehead, accepted the girl into the pack and moved swiftly away. "See?" He said, more to himself than to her, his muzzle tilting to smile at the girl. "T-told you it would b-be just fine!" He would stand then, shaking his fur slightly before humming, picturing the den layouts of the pack. "Hey! W-would you l-like me to h-help you find a den? I-I can sh-show you mine...I-it's also m-my herb st-store so I can sh-show you that too." He said so happily, pride shining in his eyes. He had spent a long time digging out his den and his store, so the idea of showing it to her excited him. "P-perhaps w-we can find y-you one close to me. S-so you w-wont feel s-so lonely." He would grin then before picking up his bundle of collected herbs and inclining his head for her to follow as he moved over the border and into the packlands.

"Talk""Italian"

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
09-27-2015, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 05:27 PM by Karabela.)

Raba managed to stop herself from letting out a sigh of relief and an additional cheer as she was accepted into Abaven.  Grinning she nodded in respect once more.  "Thank you Bass, sir.  I won't let you down."  When he'd left she turned to Starling with a grin on her face.  "Thank you Starling!  Sure I'd appreciate the help." She felt heat rise to her face at the mention of having him close so she wouldn't feel lonely.  She scoffed playfully. "I don't get lonely.  Buuuut…. maybe it'd be a good idea if I'm close.  Someone has to keep an eye on Abaven's best healer."  With a teasing grin she reached out to playfully paw his shoulder before taking off and then slowing to a stop with a sigh when she realized she had no idea where she was going.  "Could you lead the way?"  She turned back and grinned sheepishly.

"Speech"

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
09-27-2015, 05:54 PM
Starling would glance back at her, his gaze open and happy as he did. There was a knowing look to his features as well, his one brow slightly lower than the other, and the right of his lips crooked a little higher around his bundle of herbs. She would raise passed him then, as if knowing the destination, and his brow would crook all the higher untill she stopped. With a snort he'd nod his head, happiness flooding through him as he trotted to catch up to her. After this, he might have to give her a tour so she'd know Abaven a bit better, and know where to watch out for snakes and what part of the rapids were the most dangerous. With each paw step he ate the distance between them before he stepped up to her side, and gently shifted to nudge his shoulder with hers as he moved to pass her, playful smile on his grin. Suddenly he'd bolt, racing through the grasses and knowing, almost instinctually, that she would chase after him. This would be fun! It wasn't everyday he made a new friend, and even then he could tell right off the bat that he and Raba would get along swimmingly. Now that he was over his initial anxiety over meeting someone new, he could feel the playfulness swimming through his veins. It was something so rare, that every time he felt it he knew he had to hold onto it. Daring a glance over his shoulder to see if Raba was following, he'd continue to lop, in a pace that he would never have been able to achieve last season let alone last year. It wouldn't take long before they reached his store, and he wanted to win!

"Talk""Italian"