gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
09-28-2015, 07:54 AM
(on the hunt for comfrey and more in weeping woods!)

Starling was…anxious. He had been so busy with everything that he hadnt been able to put aside time to connect with his aunt again. He had a lot to prepare for, and he needed her help with it all. She was older, more experianced, and he knew there was a lot to learn from her. So why had it taken so long for him to take that time for her? He missed his aunt so much, and he was beyond glad that she was home, so why… With a shake of his head he trotted through the lands on quiet feet. Darkness was still stretched across the lands, with faint rays of sunlight slicing from the horizon. Sunrise was always a beautiful time in the day, and he made it a point to get up before it. There was only so much time in the day, and only so much sunlight, so when was a better time? Sure his chosen companions were always a bit upset when he woke them up this early, at least Lillianna usually was, but that was beside the point. Following her scent trail he moved towards her den, a small smile on his face. Today he wanted to hunt for wound binders, and he wanted to invite Harmony to join him. Swallowing his anxiety he would step up to her den and poke his head inside. "A-aunt Harmony? I-I was w-wondering i-if you w-would want t-to join m-me today?" He asked sweetly, softly, not moving to wake her up in the way he did Lillie. No, he wouldnt poke his aunt awake with no explication today. Maybe when they got closer, but for now a soft invitation was probably best.

"Burn Baby Burn"
"Italian"

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
09-28-2015, 08:27 AM

Harmony had slept lightly and fitfully since she'd first gotten sick, so it did not take more than Starling's soft voice to bring her to wakefulness. She blinked out of the still shallow den to her nephew as she processed half-heard words, and a smile softened her face. "Starling, I would be delighted to."

She wiggled her frail body out of the den and stretched. She felt a bone deep ache and her joints felt stiff, but she would not let it interfere with spending time with her nephew. She didn't have much of an herb store, but she'd brought some of the herbs she'd grown used to taking over the last year since she was uncertain if any grew near Abaven, and she'd sheltered them carefully from the elements to wait for her to finish her den. Carefully she selected out devil's claw and ginger root, noting to herself that she would need to replenish her other herbs as she was running low on them. Chewing them up - used to the bitter taste of the devil's claw, which was somewhat mitigated by the taste of the ginger, she hardly grimaced at all - she smiled at Starling. "Where ever you want to go, darling. The exercise will do my old bones a great deal of good." She winked at him, mostly joking. She wasn't old; some days she just felt like she was.

""

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
09-28-2015, 08:48 AM
Starling would smile gently as his aunt awoke and moved to slip from the den. Quickly he stepped aside, allowing her to wake up and accept his invitation. Great! Fantastic! Two birds with one stone, hed have to do this more often. He loved his aunt harmony dearly, her gentleness made him feel more comfortable, and he knew that she wouldnt judge him if he messed up. Oh how he had missed her as a teacher, missed her softness and her knowledge. Instead he had relied on outside sourced of knowledge, but oh how he longed for that time back, to bond with his aunt. Even with siblings that were interested in healing, none seemed to breathe the trade like Starling, none needed it to survive like he did. And those that werent interested just found it boring, his father included. So it was nice to have someone like Harmony who, he hoped, understood him better because of her own interest in healing.

He watched with curious eyes as she ate her herbs, but he didnt say anything. Had she been sick? Was that why she had been so absent? He would hum lightly to himself before looking up at his aunt. "I-i am needing m-more wound b-binders. P-perhaps the woods?" He said, the question more to himself than hers. He'd glance at her den then, knowing she had been working hard. Healers needed more room than other wolves, needed to be able to keep their herbs clean and safe from the elements. He chewed his cheek for a moment before looking up at her. "I n-need to s-stock m-my store. H-have you s-seen it? I c-can sh-show you wh-when we g-get back. I j-just d-dug it all o-out….I w-wouldnt m-mind an-another p-proj-ject like th-that a-again…" He hinted softly, smiling meekly up at his aunt before turning and motioning for her to come with. To the woods they go!

"Burn Baby Burn"
"Italian"