Caeli

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-28-2015, 07:35 PM

It felt like forever since she left, since she said goodbye to her siblings. Not that many of them knew that was happening. No she arrived at the party and stayed even though she wished she had not, she had wanted to began her journey of self discovery, to find her true self, without being bogged down by her loved ones.

So far so good, She had shadowed herself away, with her brother. Arcus had been a good traveling companion, truly. Ironically enough, he kept her grounded, instead of floating up into the heavens where the stars called to her.

Which was one of the reasons she was here at this moment. The stars called more than ever now that she was out from under most of her siblings shadows. She hummed as she moved through the grasses, scenting both rabbits and and groundhogs. Equally delicious and equally hard to catch, but it was not the food that brought her to this grassy field, no it was the rumors of the view of the sky. She sat and waited for the clouds to part on the night sky to see her passion. She sighed, of course the clouds where going to be a problem, they hid her view from the biggest temptation of her life and kept her feet planted on the ground where she could not float away into them.

Astrea smiled at the thought, it seemed that Arcus was keeping her grounded even when he was not around... The star child was about to get to her paws to make her way back to her brother before she was missed when Zori came flying past her head. She zoomed after a bug and then made her way back to Astrea to settle between the wolf's ears.

"Good hunting," Astrea asked her companion, the other person that kept her from losing herself in the stars, something the bird took almost too seriously.

Zori chirped happily. "Yes! The field is bountiful with pray; Both for me and you! If you would get you head outta the sky!"

Astra smiled at the thought, She had become most distant ever since she left her family, reverting more into her nature. "If you say so my feathery friend." Not that she could help it, now that Voltage and Seerten was not with her she was more spaced out thinking about the world and her place on it, to only come to the conclusion that she may walk the world and thrive on it but her heart and soul was truly out in space with the stars. That realization left her a little cold, wishing that she knew herself better, that she was not so lost when she was with no one but herself.

And that was it, Astrea was lost, she thought she knew herself when surrounded by family, she was the quite thoughtful youngest sister. One of the few that was always there but not truly part of them, left out but still in the center of the action. A shadow in the brightness of her family even though she was cast in the light.

Everything that Astrea thought she knew about herself seemed to be lost when shes not with them... How can that be... She did not understand, and that was why she left her family, why she HAD to make this journey. That was why she was out here at this moment below the dark clouded night sky.

Arcus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
09-29-2015, 03:01 PM
Arcus had a very different dillema on his plate. He hadn't left Donostrea because he was "finding himself" but rather because he had grown to hate a big portion of his family. Astrea never fit on that list, maybe because she was so innocent in his eyes. His little sister, girl with her head in the stars. She wouldn't know his anger or his strife, her element was always gentle, always whistful. The granters of dreams and the guiders of lost souls. She was lucky, even if she felt like her paws were far too heavy for this earth. He would succumb to his storms one day, he would lose every light there was in him and turn into something savage and terrible. But, unlike many heros in fairytales, Arcus didn't leave Dono to protect his family, no. He didn't much care anymore.

While he hadn't joined Astrea from the start, he did join her soon after. He had had some things to tie up, and a question to ask before he could join Astrea on her journey. Every day he missed Shaye more and more, but Pest sure kept him occupied. He'd send little messages across the territories with his bird, hoping but not quite trusting that they were making it all the way there. It was this that he was doing now, laying on his belly under the growing storm. He whispered words to his bird before nudging him off his shoulder and into the raging sky to send a message to Shaye. He really wasn't very...nice to his bird, was he?

With a gentle sigh he'd recline then, ears swivelling this way and that as he laid beneath the sky, before his sister's soft voice hit his senses. Slate blue eyes would open slowly, tilting towards her. She always had this grand air of sadness lately, and he wondered if perhaps she was looking for the wrong thing. Could one really be "lost" if they willingly left what made them found? The Elementas was a close breed, they lived and thrived off one another, or in Arcus' case, raged. While he didn't want to be around them any more, the mere thought of his siblings brought out the storms in him. He knew it was the same in different ways for Voltage and Glacier, their lives depended on their siblings, even if Arcus didn't much agree with them on a lot of things. He had to give them that, they lived for their siblings. Astrea, too. Family is what grounded her, he believed. And if she just interacted more with them she might find herself in their faces. Might. But Arcus didn't have a leg to stand on, he couldn't argue with her.

After all, he had run away, in a way.

With a small twitch of his lips, he'd watch her and her bird and he absently wondered where Pest was about now, how far he had gone. "Did the rat with wings find me somethin' to eat?" He asked with a chuckle, eying the bird. Arcus didn't much care for....pets, but his feelings towards her bespeckled friend was nothing but indifference. He'd never treat her companion the way he treated Pest, but that didn't matter anyways. "So, Little miss star, how do you feel about this pilgramage?" He asked softly, laying his head on his paws as he watched her.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Caeli

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
09-29-2015, 08:59 PM

Astrea smiled as Zori continued to chirp at her, cheerfully telling Astrea all about the hunting her and Pest did this twilight. That stopped the girls thoughts a little, turning from herself and her bird to her brother. He seemed a little more adhesive about this whole adventure. But it was not tha worried her about him. He was more moody, more... Well more angry. The only time she ever saw him be remotely somewhat happy was when he was talking to his bird before the little blue thing flew away not to be seen for a few days or more. Which kinda confused Astrea, Arcus did not even act like her liked the bird. Showing his dislike for the thing with cutting remarks and even the birds name screamed hate. But even so he kept Pest with us...

She shrugged, it was the birds prerogative to stay with Arcus, and Arcus's to deal with the feathery companion. And that is how Astrea thought of the birds, not as servants or pets but as friends, someone to keep you company; to be there when you needed someone to talk to. Maybe that was why Arcus whispered to the bird, maybe her older brother did like the bird after all... She made her way to him then getting the end of what he said at his bird. Or maybe not. She blinked and tilted her head at him, her pale eyes trying to figure him out.

Arcus was one of the few of her siblings that she had yet to figure out, he left her wondering what set him off and why he was so ready to leave with her. He was not broken up by their loss, along with half of the other siblings, most seem to be in shock but like him not necessarily broken up about it, and he could not say he left with her because he cared for her safety, because well they really had not gotten close until this journey.

No the only reason he could want to leave was to get away, run from the storms that seem to rage when he was around his other siblings. She smiled, it seemed that the family brought out the worst in him, brought out his most violent storms and his most brooding nature; where it brought out some of the best in her... and much of the bad to be frank.

When Astrea was with family it only seemed to bring out her childish side. And she knew that, her family spoiled her. They told her that she was special, made it seem that she could do no wrong; but that was wrong. She needed to grow up, figure out and accept her faults. So that she could be stronger.

Astrea was pulled from her own brooding when Arcus addressed her. She focused on his relaxed form and tilted her head at him. Well that was a dumb question, not that she was going to tell her brother that. "I don't feel anything about our adventure yet, its not over. You need the whole picture before you can make opinions about things, brother." She sat next to him then, her eyes going from his gray form back to the sky.

"But what I do feel is that I need this. I need to know about the things I am good at, and the things I am bad at... I need to mature, to stop being the baby in our family, to not let my emotions rule me as much... To not have temper tantrums when things do not go the way I would like it to." She gave her brother a lopsided grin. "I know how I was acting and I always told myself that it was okay, and it was not. You all where trying your best to make good of our situation and I was acting like a child..."

Her face grew serious as she watched Arcus's face. "Like you, yeah you are moody and you seem to not get along with our siblings but you have show a strength of character that I have not; you where willing to give Obsidian Beach a chance, you did not lose your head when our parents where found dead. You even went so far to look after me and make sure I did not sprout wings to fly into the sky after the stars." She smiled at her joke, not that she expected Arcus to understand, it was a joke between herself and Volt. "I admire you Arcus, because you understand yourself. So much so that you seem to know that being with the family is not you lot in life... Just know Arcus that we all love you. Voltage, Glacier, and myself care for you greatly and we understand what you must do." She hummed, she had not set off to lecture her brother, but she just could not seem to help herself guild the souls around her even when she was the one that needed guiding in this moment. But everything she told him was true she did admire him, she did love him, and she did wish him luck for whatever endeavor he set off to after they parted ways, and they would, Astrea felt it in her soul that he was not going to return to the pack when she does.