Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-04-2015, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2016, 11:57 AM by Karabela.)
Monument Rapids

The name Zell didn't ring a bell so Karabela figured she'd just have to howl for the mysterious stranger soon to be training partner.  Trotting toward the Monument Rapids she let out a howl for the man.  This would be a good opportunity to explore this part of the terra all the while patrolling for any would be trespasser to maul.  Up ahead she could hear the rapids but she opted to wait farther up stream so she could here the man approach or howl or whatever.  Fidgeting from foot to foot she peered across the landscape.  Hopefully this fellow would be nice.  She wasn't sure she wanted to patrol with a grumpalumpagus.

""
[Image: qqwoqe.png][Image: karabelas_by_nnightcrawler-dais5gp.png]
[Image: k1dtly.png]
I'll take my throne, lay it on a mountain and make myself a king

Zell

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

1KFamousTreat 2019
10-28-2015, 09:19 PM

He was sort of feeling like a grumpalumpagus. His thoughts had not wavered since the hunt, but he knew eventually he would forget about it. Unless he saw the scarred brat, because frankly he saw it as her fault and still, had not apologized. "Family my ass." He muttered under his breath. Was abaven really the place for him? Allen had made it sound so nice, maybe because he was just trying to get people to join. At least, that's what he was beginning to think.

He paused when he heard the howl, a brow quirking for a minute before he remembered he had a new training partner. With a slightly irritated growl, he set off towards the water where the mystery person called. His large form wasn't hard to miss, much less his white pelt. Stomping from the Plains and along the banks of the water, he spied another up ahead. Was that who called for him? Approaching, he didn't entirely try to hide his irritation, only masked it with a more neutral look, sort of. "You called?"

"Talk"
Tracker||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-31-2015, 12:25 PM

Karabela was nosing around the territory, fixing her eyes on where the rapids lay along the river. She couldn't see them necessarily but she could hear them and she was looking forward to exploring more of Abaven's territory as soon as her patrol buddy showed. She was curious what the man was like having not spoken with many of her packmates. She knew Starling and Lillie but that was about it. Soon the mysterious man named Zell appeared a cream and earthen marked male and she grinned. Well, well, Mr. Zell… it wasn't often she met a wolf that exceeded her own significant height.
"Yes, I did. You must be Zell, then. I'm Karabela but you can call me Raba. I guess we're supposed to be patrol buddies and I thought this would be a good way to get familiar with Abaven territory. Any specific things I should taken into account on these patrols?" She had a feeling he'd done more of these than she had.

""

Zell

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

1KFamousTreat 2019
11-12-2015, 01:42 AM

He looked at her, expression a bit bored looking. But he always looked like that, nothing new. As she spoke and introduced herself, he nodded once acknowledging her name and that was about it. She sure talked alot didn't she? And boy he would not be making friends like this. His constant brooding about hating this place would not help, and yet, he found himself turning his gaze towards the rapids as he thought about what she said. He had to admit, she was impressive. There weren't many who matched him in size, so that was one point to gryffindor.

"Yeah we're partners. I got the memo." Maybe he could have sounded a teeny bit more excited about it, but ah how he didn't really care right now. Still, he wouldn't spoil her day just because he started his off in a bad mood. Shifting his gaze towards her again, he cleared his throat. "Well, I know this area and serpent Plains quite well now. So I can show you around if you want. And if we find and trespassers, we kick their ass and make sure they get the message. Simple right? With our size, we shouldn't have a problem." Maybe he could do this friend fad everyone talked about after all.

"Talk"
Tracker||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
11-20-2015, 09:35 PM

Karabela continued to grin as the man replied in a gruff manner. It wasn't enough to disturb a single hair on her body and she was rather used to being around ill-tempered wolves. Zell was down right pleasant compared to her uncle Hati. However, Zell seemed to warm up at least a teensy bit to her as he cleared his throat and began to explain the particulars. She nodded confidently. "Sounds great! Let's do this!" She started trotting off in a random direction before stopping and turning back to Zell with a sheepish grin. "I suppose you out to do the leading huh? After you!" She quickly moved to fall in step as she took in the territory around her. "So where are you from Zell? Were you born here in Abaven?" She was curious how much of a native he was and if by chance he was like her, someone who had joined. Though she supposed if his last name wasn't Destruction that was probably unlikely. She resisted the urge to chuckle as she thought of Starlings massive crazy family.

""

Zell

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

1KFamousTreat 2019
12-06-2015, 01:42 PM

He watched her take the lead, lumbering along behind her until she mentioned he should take the lead before falling in step with him. She was an oddly cheerful one...he supposed he would have to get used to her if they were going to be partners. As they walked along the rapids, his ears listened to her questions. Born here? He snorted, accidentally, but it had happened. He turned his gaze to the sky for a moment, wondering how and why he'd even come here in the first place. He was hated for being who he was, and he was feeling like a leper.

"Someone who was born here wouldn't be hated." He grumbled. His fur prickling with the thought. "I'm from Arctic wastelands I guess you could say. I've been on my own since my family died a year ago. Then I joined abaven...and I still feel alone. As much as they bitch about the pack being a family, nobody has made me feel like part of it...so I'm just starting not to care about them anymore." His ears fell back when he realized maybe he said too much. She was an abaven member after all, and the last thing he needed was for her to go telling Bass that he was complaining about being here. Then again, he didn't think it such a bad idea...he wasn't sure why he didn't leave yet, but part of him still yearned for that acceptance. "Guess I'm whining too. What about you?"

"Talk"
Tracker||Plotter

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
12-06-2015, 02:11 PM

They walked through the terra, following the river where it became constricted, the water raged wildly through the twisting river. The frothy water writhing over the rocks. Raba gazed across to the other shore but lightly shook her head at any thought of trying to cross the rapids. That was too foolhardy even for her…. though that large tree that had fallen across the narrowest section of the river would be tempting to try. When the spring melt came the river would flood and likely pick up the tree and whisk it farther down river.

Raba's ears perked as Zell answered and she quickly picked up on the bitterness in his voice. Hated? Karabela's bouncy walk slowed to something more contemplative and attentive as the man divulged information about his origins and family. One of her ears flicked back, surprised that he was sharing so much with her and uncertain what she should say. "It's alright, better to get it out than let it stew. I'm new so my knowledge of Abaven is limited but… yea I guess I can see some of your point. It does feel like the family aspect is more for the Destructions but…" she shrugged. It was really hard for her to form an opinion on Abaven as a whole when she'd barely been there for even a season. "I was born in Imperium originally but…. some unfortunate things happened and I just, I had to get away. I've been wandering for most of my life trying to figure out what to do with myself. I ran into Lillie and Starling and thought I'd give Abaven a try."

Karabela paused to gaze again at the river and taken in the environment around her. "Do you think you'll stay?" It probably wasn't her place to ask but if he didn't feel like he fit then she didn't see any reason he should be forced to stay. She hoped Zell didn't expect her to be able to help him feel that familial connection. She'd lost her mother young, had never known her father and was separated from her siblings early. Karabela had spent so much time by herself she had no idea how to even start building that connection. "Don't worry, I won't spread our conversation around. I don't roll like that. In fact if I'm not able to find my own answers I may move on but for now I am content." She only hoped Bass would be patient with her as she tried to work out what she was meant to do with her life.

""

Zell

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

1KFamousTreat 2019
12-27-2015, 04:05 PM

Ears flicked as she responded. He uttered a low grunt, agreeing with the Destruction part. Blue eyes gaze over the rapids and across at the trees beyond for signs of any movement, but all he could see were the small movements of rabbits or other small game running into hiding. He spied the log that Raba had seen, and wondered for a brief moment if they should go across it. The waters were frigid, and it would completely ruin his mood if he were to fall in. But what was life without a little risk? However, when Raba stopped, so did he. He paused for a moment as he thought about her question, and honestly it was a hard thought. Would he stay? Or would he move on and find somewhere else to live? The final thought was something he'd come to terms to. He needed to do this first. "I think I may stay for a while longer. Even if I don't make many friends, at least I know that I've tried to prove myself. I know I can do it, but I guess it's time to start doing things on my own."

He turned to look at her for a moment, her own backstory sounded like a lot had happened, and while he didn't really know her or who her family was, at least this patrol seemed to have given them a little insight on one another. A first considering nobody else had even managed to try. He could be a jerk, yes. But he did have a heart somewhere behind the stone walls. He offered her a rough smile, his mood changing to something a little less grumpy. While he didn't know her long or well enough to call her a friend, at least he knew someone else that could potentially be his partner for future patrols or training. "Well, I gotta say it was honestly nice to meet you. I don't wanna sound like I'm rushing things here, but do you wanna keep patrolling? I was thinking of going over that log there and just checking things out. Otherwise we can part ways here."

"Talk"
Tracker||Plotter