gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-07-2015, 10:11 AM
set like 4 ic months ago

Today was the day. This was her first hunting lesson with her mom. The sound of the birds chirping that early morning would hav eher awake in a moment, completely ready to go in seconds the girl would right herself and seek out Motif's side. With the dullness of her sight it was likely the sun hadn't even come up yet, but she was too excited to care. Eagerly the pale child would poke at her mother's belly, eventually making her way up tot Motif's face where she'd apply excited kisses. "Mom, wake up. You're gonna take me today, remember?" She'd paw gently at Motif's neck, eager for her to be awake and out the door.
""

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
10-21-2015, 04:55 PM
She was deeply asleep when her daughter decided it was morning. Vail didn't always have a sense of time, her clouded eyes caught little light and her sleeping patterns depended wholly on her parents. She groaned and blinked open sleepy eyes, smiling at the sight of her beautiful daughter sitting by her face. She leaned over and planted a kiss on Vail's cheek before yawning and closing her eyes again. A moment or two slipped by without her realizing when Vail planted kisses over her face, reminding her of her promise. Today would be the day Vail learned to hunt, and Motif would not easily forget it.

She had worried over the decision for a while now but of course Vail needed to know how to care for herself, how to hunt. ”Alright little one, i'm awake” she promising, getting to her feet with a groan. She nudged Shai beside her, dropping a kiss on his check, but otherwise let him sleep. It was early morning yet, a good time to hunt for their prey would be caught unawares. Perhaps the darkness would be a benefit for Vail, who did not rely on the light. “Come out then” she teased, nudging Vail out of the den.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-21-2015, 06:40 PM

She knew she'd been successful when her mother's soft groan filled her ears. She'd perk and smile eagerly as her mother stirred,not that she wouldn't keep applying her kisses trying to wake her mother. Motif tried to go back to sleep, but Vail wasn't going to have any of that. Eventually her wishes would be carried out. Motif was taking her hunting today and that was that. With a little more coaxing Motif would assure her daughter that she was waking. Today was her day, and it started now. She'd hop back as her mother stood with another groan, Vail would hop at her feet, not missing a step as Motif led the way out of the den. "Yeah!" She'd exclaim eagerly as her mother nudged her from the den. Vail didn't need much coaxing and eagerly pushed her way into the dark world.
""

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
10-29-2015, 02:47 PM

As they moved from the den Motif would take a moment to marvel at her daughters sure footing and burst of confidence. She couldn't help the grin that curved her lips upwards and impulsively turned her head to nuzzle at her daughters neck, blowing a raspberry in the fur at the back of her head. She pulled away and grinned at Vail, through she couldn't see it perhaps she could here the catch of joy in her breath. Her daughter was growing up, and one of these days she would have to wake up and see it.

“Alright, first thing for a hunt is the patience part, little one. Lift your head to the wind and search for scents, remember how that mouse Rhythm always brought smelled? The scent of its warm blood beneath its skin? That is the scent of prey. We will walk slowly, and silently until we find ourselves that scent, ok? So keep sniffing” she told Vail.
"speech"  

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
11-01-2015, 12:54 PM

Vail would mostly ignore her mother's pause for affection, the young girl was much too excited about their huntig trip to think about snuggles right now. All she knew was that already she was having fun and it seemed like her momma was too. Wagging her tail she barely stopped to listen to Motif's words as she told her to put her nose to the air. She had to be patient, and she had to scent out their prey. Was she searching for mouse scent? Hare, deer, muskrat? There were so many scents she didn't know which to settle on.

In her short time in eating solid foods she had slowly memorized the scent of most every prey species that lived around her. Daddy told her what she was eating every time he brought something home, eventually she'd been able to tell him what it was even before he placed it before her. "What should we hunt momma? There's so much to pick from!" She tried to use her whisper voice, but was probably a little too loud for her mom's liking.
""