build
player
Anais
10-29-2015, 01:58 AM
I'M GUNNA PICK UP THE PIECES
AND BUILD A LEGO HOUSE
›if things go wrong we can knock it down‹

Walk | Talk | Think

Gale was east of the territory that her family called home. While she had been out this way before, she had not been to this particular territory yet, and for the purpose that she was here that sounded like a good thing. She was on a mission currently, a mission to find a wolf at the request of her brother and Ferax. After having a lone pup arrive at the border searching for his father, her kindhearted brother had welcomed him into their home and enlisted her help in continuing the search the child had been conducting all on his own previously. It suited Gale well. She liked the exercise such travel created, not to mention the challenge it posed. And, if she was being entirely honest, it beat babysitting while someone else did the searching.

While she had a vague description of the man to go off of, and the child to run a comparison with, what she had lacked was a direction. Little Eilan had no idea where his father was or where he could be, which meant he was likely anywhere and everywhere all at once. Gale had plans to travel far, partly to cover as much ground as possible but also to explore as much as she could while she was at it. And though the chances might have been slim, the wolf she sought very well could have been here, living right outside their borders.

Despite her optimistic curiosity, she saw no sign yet of the brown wolf that she sought. There was plenty of water, however, and tides that stretched on along the shoreline. She found her gaze being drawn to it while the rest of her followed and eventually her lavender paws carried her grey and lavender form across the rocky surfaces that stood above the water level, traveling over the tide pools to gain a better view. Immediately her thoughts went to her water loving sister back home, but finding someplace new that Locha would like was not gong to help poor Eilan. Though her gaze continued to stray beneath her feet as she continued to traverse the tide pools, Gale peered along the shoreline for any sign of other wolves.

Rudy

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
10-31-2015, 01:07 PM

Navigation - Sea's Plain

Cruising along the southern coast Rudy kept his sharp eyes peeled for a good fishing spot with which to catch some breakfast. He'd left his bounty hidden away in a small batch of cypress trees and was enjoying the break. Almandine was stretched out on his back soaking up the warmth of his form as well as that of the sun. It was warmer down south than it had been farther up north and Rudy was debating about just staying down in this section of Alacritis until winter passed.

Jogging down to the sea he crept along a rocky surface that jutted out into the sea, gaze lingering for any fish that were getting too close to shore. He could feel Almandine shift on his back, her keep eyes and ears alert as she peered in the water to help him spot their lunch. His ears wiggled as the cat began to whisper. "There, a small school of Threadfin at two o' clock." Silently she leapt off his back as Rudy coiled, his eyes focusing on a target as he charged and leapt off the rock into the sea water, fangs snapping quickly over a 7" fish, his head shaking violently as he stumbled back onto the beach, dropping the weakend fish among the rocks as Alma joined him and the pair set to devouring their lunch. Rudy grinned at the catch. "Nice spotting there hairball." She grinned back at him. "Nice catching there fluffbutt."

"Speech"
"Almandine Speech"

Gale

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
Anais
10-31-2015, 01:26 PM
AND BUILD A LEGO HOUSE

Walk | Talk | Think

Gale carefully hoped between the rocks of the tide pools, sticking clear of the water and trying her best not to get distracted by the colorful bits of life and small flashes of scales that she saw beneath the surface. She had a mission, she had a mission, and she was not going to let herself get distracted from it. No matter how much she wanted to dart home and grab Locha and take her here so she could see the place for herself.

Her grey-green eyes alternated between watching the rocks for footholds and glancing around her to see if anyone else had materialized there on the shoreline, but for the most part it was quiet. Maybe her timing was off. Maybe she had just missed the peak hour of activity for this location and would need to wait hours before it became lively again. It seemed plausible, though definitely not ideal. She was here now, and she needed to find this guy, the sooner, the...

...better. Her dainty lavender paws carried her to the next solid rock before stopping, and her attention was no longer divided between her feet and the shoreline. Instead her pale gaze focused solely on the individual she saw padding along the edge of the pools, on his fur in particular. Brown... That was the right color, alright. But what... Something leaped from his back as he darted forward into the water, and as Gale watched from afar she saw him emerge successful with a fish dangling from his jaws. It was shared between himself and the creature that had been riding atop his back, a cat. A brown wolf, with a cat. Did he have the green eyes too? She could not tell at a distance, but Gale intended to find out.

She started to navigate closer, picking her way carefully over the rocky tide pools, and continued to stare his way with open curiosity. What were the chances she had really just stumbled upon him like this, that she had not even had to go through any third parties to reach him? It was beyond crazy, but she could not shake the sense that she very well may have completed her task already. Feeling daring, maybe a little too certain of her victory, she called out to him, one more test to see if she was actually done with her search. "Rudolph?"

Rudy

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
10-31-2015, 02:13 PM

Rudy and Almandine were munching along happily when the cats ears suddenly flicked back at the sound of approaching paws and she growled a light warning to Rudy. "Oh great… scavenger alert at your 9 o' clock." Alma didn't bother to turn she just kept munching away, swallowing as much as she could. Rudy nodded lightly, glancing out of the corner of his eye at the approaching femme. His eating slowed as he caught the unusual colors of her pelt… and then she spoke. Rudolph. Rudy choked and stared at the woman with wide eyes. He was not fond of his full name having been named after his father who was a rather… troubling individual and on top of that he thought it was a dumb name and thus insisted on going by Rudy. So how did this woman, which he swore he'd never met before, know his name? Oh god… she hadn't taken advantage of him one night had she? No, no that couldn't be right surely Alma had been there.

The cat was cleaning her paws now, face turned partially toward the woman in a sign of complete indifference. However, Rudy had been travelling with her long enough to know that the manner in which she was delicately cleaning herself meant she was highly interested.

Rudy looked the woman over intensely but nothing triggered his memory. "I… who are you? How do you know me by that name?"

"Speech"
"Almandine Speech"

Gale

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
Anais
11-01-2015, 01:24 AM
AND BUILD A LEGO HOUSE

Walk | Talk | Think

Well, she got a reaction out of him. He seemed to have forgotten his food as he suddenly stopped eating with a choke and looked her way with wide, confused eyes. This must have been him, but it was possibly not the most favorable of responses that she could have gotten. His look struck her as startled, perhaps even wary, and definitely puzzled. Her good mood, however, was not going to be discouraged. Her smile brightened at seeing that he responded to the name, and she could see as she neared that his eyes were indeed green like the kid Eilan had said they were. Her own green eyes flicked once toward the feline that too had given up the fish, idly cleaning its paws, and was glad that it had been included in the description. There were far fewer cats around here than there were brown wolves.

The grey and lavender wolf slowed to a walk as she drew closer, and continued to smile as she spoke. "I don't, actually," Gale admitted, moving her shoulders in a shrug-like gesture, "but I know someone who does. My name's Gale Elementas, of the pack Donostrea." She doubted the pack name would mean anything, but it felt right to tack it on at the end. Especially since that was where this wolf's son was currently waiting for him. She waited a beat while she stopped and then continued on to inform him, "I've actually been sent to find you." Perhaps it was a little mean of her to play the cryptic game instead of saying why exactly it was that she was here, but it was fun and Gale decided to stretch out the mystery for a little bit longer by finishing with another knowing smile.

Rudy

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
11-02-2015, 06:37 PM

Rudy's eyes narrowed as she stated that she didn't know him. What the hell was she playing at? He glanced at Almandine as the cat gave him a glance from her slitted violet eyes. Was this woman trying to scam them? Had she heard of his many treasures and was out to try and rob them? She at least gave her name, if it was actually her name, Gale Elementas of Donostrea. A pack wolf sent to find him. Rudy did not relax, wary of the way she was playing coy. Why not just spit it out?

Almandine stretched in that lazy, yet knowing way, that cats often did. To the untrained she'd seem relaxed but he saw her paws stretch, the claws unsheathing and ready for battle. Soft green eyes, rimmed in amber would gaze back at the woman. "Well? Who sent you to find me and why? I don't care much for games, Gale, so if you're planning to rob us just say so!" His muscles tensed, hackles raised as he waited for her to confess her dark plot. Almandine had turned to face the strange wolf as well her own fur rising, ears back but the cat was grinning. "You can take whatever you want but leave her pretty little face for me."

"Speech"
"Almandine Speech"

Gale

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
Anais
11-04-2015, 07:05 PM
AND BUILD A LEGO HOUSE

Walk | Talk | Think

Gale was having far too much fun with the game she was playing, so much fun that she did not see the danger she was placing herself in until it was too late. The casualness of the cat's movements went completely unnoticed partly because she was unfamiliar with such small felines but also because the majority of her attention remained upon the guarded, skeptical expression worn by the wolf named Rudolph. Her own smile, in contrast, still settled with easy comfort across her lips, though she knew she was coming to the end of her game. She was running out of ways to keep it going.

Rudolph seemed to think likewise. The growing defensiveness she had mistaken for skepticism, and it became apparent after the brown wolf began to speak that he had entirely misinterpreted her purpose in bothering him during his meal. The smile on her face fell very suddenly, her brows drawing gently together over a look of surprise and indignation. "What? Rob you?" she asked, perplexed, but the cat confirmed that the conversation was treading into dangerous waters. Apparently Eilan's father was all work and no play.

Gale's ears tipped back in a candid look of worry, and hastily she spoke. "Hey, I'm only here because of the kid. And my brother's tender heart," she snapped defensively, a little more sternly than probably necessary as she eased a slow step back. "Your son, Eilan, showed up on our border looking for you, and my brother, our leader, told him to stay and we'd find you for him." She tried not to lose her temper, tried to keep her cool, and hoped that Rudolph's anger would subside once he knew the story. And suddenly, very unexpectedly, Gale found herself praying that she had not found another careless parent like her own.

Rudy

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
11-07-2015, 04:22 PM

Tension crackled down his back as he waited for her to get to the point of why she was here. Rudy didn't care much for battle. In all honesty he'd prefer to avoid it but if he had to he had no problem defending himself and had plenty of experience in war if this woman tried to attack him. Alma's tail snaked back and forth the tail tip twitching in anticipation.

Gale would speak and Rudy would stare at her. Kid? What kid? Who the hell was her brother and what did he have to do with them? The next words out of the woman's mouth however would hit him solidly in the chest. Son? He didn't have a son…. surely he didn't. He'd know if he did. Rudy stared at the woman his jaw slackening in disbelief as Almandine started to crow with laughter. "Him? A son? Ohahahahaha, oh the poor kid, hahaha-snerk that's good. Lady there must be some mistake…." Alma glanced at Rudy. "She is mistaken, right? Right, Rudy?" Surely if her canine companion had a child she'd know about. While a bit guarded she considered him to be a pretty good guy, surely he wouldn't just up and abandon a woman carrying his child?

Rudy shook his head. "Sorry, I… I need a moment… I…. what do you mean son?" He ignored Alma's chattering and instead just struggled to wrap his head around what was happening. He wanted to call this woman a liar, rip off one of her ears but somewhere… somewhere he feared that her words were true. It was uncanny that she knew his name, his full name. No one else did, no one except… "Oh god… Maeva." He'd fallen for the fiery woman seasons ago and they'd flirted and courted and danced in and out of romance before she all but tried to enslave him when he refused to swear an oath to her pack leader and join the pack. He'd had enough of battles and packs and he just couldn't subject himself to that life again. Had she…. had she been pregnant? It was possible. He glanced back at Gale. "You're…. you're sure he's mine? How can you be so sure?"

"Speech"
"Almandine Speech"

Gale

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
Anais
11-21-2015, 01:39 AM
AND BUILD A LEGO HOUSE

Walk | Talk | Think

What irritation and indignation Gale felt as she heatedly responded to Rudy was very quickly extinguished the second she saw him react. With his jaw dropped, he did not entirely strike her as the frightened, or even concerned, father that she expected him to become over the news, and following the crowing laughter of the cat she realized why. Rudy had no children. For a moment, the windswept wolf felt foolish. Had she really missed the mark in thinking this wolf was Eilan's father? But the signs were all there!

The cat seemed to think she was wrong, but as her grey-green eyes lifted back up to peek at Rudy again she thought he looked less convinced, as if he was considering the plausibility of the claim. Had he...had he not known about the child? But Eilan knew so much about him... It struck Gale as strange, perplexing even, but mostly uncomfortable. Her job had only been to retrieve the kid's father, not break the news to him that he was one.

Feeling awkward, the messenger chewed on the inside of her lip and shifted her weight from one side to the other as she waited and listened to Rudy put the pieces together. Somehow they involved something - or perhaps someone? - called Maeva, and eventually, as if remembering she was there, the brown wolf addressed her again. Her brow furrowed again, and her gaze became uncertain. "Well, I'm...not," Gale explained, feeling somewhat unhelpful, "but he described someone who looked like you. Brown fur, green eyes. He mentioned," - as she motioned toward the cat, she rethought referring to her as such - "your companion. And he knew you were named Rudolph." Which he had responded to, if a bit oddly. "That is your name, right?" Or was Rudy, as the cat had referred to him, short for nothing?

Rudy

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
11-26-2015, 12:09 PM

Almandine fell eerily silent. The quippy, sarcastic feline suddenly finding herself at a lost for words as she gazed at her friend. She was familiar with Maeva. The viking warrioress and Rudy had been head over heels for each other and no doubt they'd spent some tender nights together but Maeva was a headstrong woman bent on bringing Rudy to her Jarl to swear loyalty. It had been a difficult and rough break-up but Rudy could not swear fealty to that particular Jarl… Alma turned away as she watched her friend fumble for words. She still was in disbelief and could not aid him.

Rudy held some hope in Gale's words that she might not be sure but… but it wasn't a part he felt would be true. His birth name Rudolph had more or less squashed any chance that this child wasn't his as no one other than Alma, Maeva and Mordecai knew that name. His eyes narrowed slightly. Mordecai…. Mordecai had to have been the one to pass his name along to his supposed son. The companion was also suspicious. There weren't many wolves that travelled with cats. "Please, can you take me to him? Maybe if I see him myself and we talk we can figure this out but…. yea… my name is Rudolph but I hate it… I prefer Rudy." He glanced at Alma who shook her head at the insanity of all this. "Well, Rudy I'll be curious to see what trouble you've managed to get into this time."

"Speech"
"Almandine Speech"

Gale

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
Anais
12-09-2015, 02:31 AM
AND BUILD A LEGO HOUSE

Walk | Talk | Think

Considering the surprising reaction she had gotten from the brown wolf, Gale was not at all sure as she waited where their conversation was going to go next. She feared more than anything that this wolf named Rudy would deny her claim and leave her standing there alone on the beach with nothing to show for her efforts to find the poor kid's father. Maybe if he'd told me more, she pondered, though what she had, in retrospect, was quite a bit, a physical description accompanied by a name and details that were likely not to all be present in just anyone. This had to be Eilan's father...right?

She continued to look at Rudy uncertainly, waiting and pondering and hoping while her weight shifted once more. Once her green eyes flashed in the cat's direction, but the exceedingly amused feline had fallen silent, possibly as much as a loss as her companion was. Feeling the wait beginning to wear on her nerves, the grey and lavender wolf managed to keep herself more or less still until Rudy addressed her again, asking that she take him to the child her pack housed on their territory. It was such a relief, she sighed out loud, visibly relaxing at the news she would be returning home with someone instead of alone. Almost got him, kid!

"I can do that, yeah," Gale agreed readily with a nod of her head, glancing between the wolf and cat before she offered them another forced but purposefully friendly smile. "At the very least, you two might get to see a pretty stretch of shoreline. Donostrea sits on a beach made of black sand. Can't find that just anywhere." As she spoke, Gale turned, beginning to lead the way back to the Donostrea pack lands, hopefully to return this missing father to his child.

-Exit Gale-