ardent

Catching Fireflies

Sokanon

gems
size
build
player
08-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Dusk fell and the twilight babe scuttled along the forest floor. She moved on nimble little paws, ears alert, tail low and emerald eyes shifting nonstop. A twig snapped and she darted to a tree, front paws in the base of the tree as if she was going to claw her way up it. Head looked around for danger, teeth chattering softly. Seeing nothing she bounded off again. I'm a raccoon! Im sneaky and sly, im witty and clever! No one gonna find me! She thought with a smile. The six month old little girl paused at the edge of a clearing, fireflies lite it up like some kind of magical land.

She stared at it for a long time, fur bushing out till she lunged forwards like a coiled spring and chased after the bugs. Yipping she snapped and pawed the air in an attempt to catch one. What did they taste like? Would they make her tongue glow if she ate one? She pranced, leaped, twisted in the air like some kind of dancer. She flopped to her side panting, a smile lighting her face in the flickering like of the bugs. If only she had someone else to join her.

Aeolus

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Annette
08-23-2014, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2014, 02:38 PM by Aeolus.)

Aeolus would walk through the forest, blue and green optics scanning the area for any signs of danger. The sound of crickets chirping and owls hooting brought him into his own little world as his midnight colored pelt hid him well in the darkness of the night. His ears stayed erect, listening to any other sounds that he had to be aware about, but, he would soon shift his eyes and see something moving like a dancer alongside the fireflies. He shifted his paws and turned his form and saw that of a five month old pup. She seemed to be having fun with the bugs that lit the world like stars, and he decided he might join her.

He bounded over toward the small dame, tail and head held high as he began to playfully bite at the bugs once he had joined her playing. His paws moved across the tail strands of grass as it made a soft swishing sound once he moved his paws."Hello, may I join you and you're little playing spree?" He would ask her, his toxic green and light topaz eyes looking into her own. He blushed when he saw her, she was seriously pretty, and he hoped he would get to know her better. "Anyway, my name is Aeolus, may I ask your name?"He asked, a kind tone leaving his lips. He was a little bit taller than she was since he was six months old.

"SPEECH"

Sokanon

gems
size
build
player
08-23-2014, 03:48 PM
The cool grass felt wonderful under her back, her front paws pulled up to her chest, emerald eyes watching he little bugs. But the rustling sound of steps had her rolling over into her side. Head lifted to see a pup like her coming over. For a moment she tensed, the fleeting need to flee nearly drove her to her paws. But she stayed when he came closer and spoke. He wanted to play with her? Head tilted with interest but her eyes looked behind him as if expecting anyone else to be there. Honestly it wouldn't be surprising. Who let there pups wonder around alone these days? Unless they were like her who had nobody. She turned her masked face back to the midnight boy. His coat was like the midnight sky to her star twinkled one. His eyes were interesting too and she leaned closer to look at them better. "I like your eyes.." She stated, as if she had never heard him asking to join her.

She sat up and blinked. "I'm Sokanon, but you can call me Coon, like Raccoon!" She said cheerfully, squeezing her eyes shut with a grin. She opened them up again and glanced up at the bugs around them. "Lets see how many we can catch!" She leapt to her paws and darted around, jumping up to snap her jaws at the fireflies, but careful not to kill them. She didn't want to hurt them, just catch one!

Aeolus

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Annette
08-24-2014, 03:43 PM

He would nod at her answer for her name. She did certainly look like a raccoon, but she was definitely pretty. A blush came upon his cheeks as he would begin to play with her. His heterochromatic eyes scanned the area for fireflies, soon finding some near her. A smile crept upon his maw. The ebony pup walked over to the fireflies and began to catch some in his mouth. One managed to land into his mouth as he closed it. The feeling of the bug inside of his mouth felt like it was tickling and he soon spat it out. Aeolus shook his body, a feeling of disgust coming over him, but he smiled and playfully placed his paws onto Coon, tackling her down and wagging his tail.

"Pinned you," He joked, waiting for her to do something to get him off of her or if she would play alongside him.

"SPEECH"