build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
11-22-2015, 10:28 PM
Conversations running through my head
Mountains

The boy was obviously shaken. It wasn't that you thought you'd see something like in your life. His sick mother fighting a strong and scary man in front of him. His missing father showing up and vanishing once more. He and his siblings were orphans now practically. Rivaxorus shivered as he placed his paws into the sand. Tail flicking behind him - now he wasn't really sure where he was supposed to be. His pack didn't exist anymore. He was used to them moving but not them just not being there. Even his aunt Avalon had been taken from him. Riv swallowed as he settled himself onto his stomach. Maybe he needed to think for a moment. He could live with uncle Leo but - what about his siblings. He didn't want to lose them.

The boy was shocked immensely. Normally calm and composed, carefree and out of the box. Always trying to think of a new way to solve a solution. However how was once supposed to feel in a situation like this. If it were up to him he'd curl into a ball and cry. They just weren't coming though, he was shivering but it was that settling in his head. For now - he just needed some time to think about things.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
11-23-2015, 12:59 AM
He didn't know how to react to what he'd just seen. For now... all he could do was tell himself this was just life. It could be harsh. The unexpected could happen at any time. Of all the wolves he'd seen gathered around, for some reason Arian's son had caught his attention. There were so many reasons he'd come to see the deadly duel, but for whatever reason, he found himself drawn to Rivaxorus II more than anything at this time. Perhaps he had considered the wolves of Sonticus his family more than he thought. The reason didn't matter for now. He followed Riv, not far behind when the boy collapsed to his belly, clearly upset and shaken from everything.

Xephyris hadn't seen this child since he was just a tiny thing in the north, where Arian's litter had been born. He paused, wondering how he should approach, if he should approach. Not wanting to think on it, he pressed forward, approaching the boy. He cleared his throat lightly, trying to straighten himself out and stand squarely. "It's all a lot to take in... I'd been hoping to meet your mother again, after all, she had been my President at one time, and quite a tolerant lady I must say," he muttered in a low tone of voice, "I don't think you'd remember me... my name is Xephyris. I belonged to Sonticus when you were just born, shortly before we all moved to the West." He couldn't begin to bring any comfort to the situation, he wasn't any good at that kind of stuff anyways. Still, he needed to connect with wolves he knew, no matter how strange it was for him to focus on getting along instead of making enemies.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
11-23-2015, 12:15 PM
When another male had showed, Rivaxorus had placed himself on guard. His purple eye turning back to see it was a male whose scent still littered that of Sin. It was fading - which meant he must have left the monsters clutches. No, it didn't matter Rivaxorus would try to be as unbiased as he could. Riv swallowed as he listened to the other, his heart was still pounding against his chest but that wouldn't stop him. "I saw you at the challenge... No, your face and scent don't stick in my mind. But... nice to meet you Xeph if only under different circumstances at the moment." He sighed as he finally stood himself up. Stretching himself, he was nearly at Xeph's height anyway.

"Why'd you come back? Sonticus doesn't exist anymore. My mom and dad are gone." Rivaxorus was curious. He wasn't sure what to do now, but he would figure it out. It's what he did, he figured things out rather then letting them sort themselves out. Maybe that's what made him different from his parents. He wasn't full of anxiety on the outside. However he was in a mourning state as it was.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
11-25-2015, 01:07 AM
He wasn't surprised that the young male didn't remember him. He hardly remembered the boy himself, except that the resemblance between he and his mother was uncanny. It was unmistakable. Indeed, only if they'd met under different circumstances, it might have been a little different. Xephyris could only nod in acknowledgement, having little else to say but realizing that the situation was grim. Then the young brute would stand up, his height impressive for his age. Clearly he would only get taller.

Rivaxorus would ask him why he'd come around, and it stumped him for a moment. He couldn't say why he was drawn back. It was more a feeling than a thought. He hadn't planned it, but it had just happened. "I'm not fully certain," he said in a gruff tone, uncomfortable trying to share what he was thinking or feeling, but he had sought out the boy for a reason, not to remain completely closed off to interaction, "I wanted to see how the pack is doing. I have no family in these lands... I may live within the darker spectrum of things, and I prefer a harsher lifestyle, but..." He went quiet, not knowing what to say next. He didn't want to reveal too much, not yet. Maybe he could change the direction of the conversation. "What will you do now?" he asked, "Where do you belong now, if Sonticus is no more?"

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
11-25-2015, 01:31 AM
Rivaxorus knew how hard it was for some wolves to get out and personal. Though the fact Xephyris even bothered to come out here, and talk with him, well that meant a lot. To a boy like him who had a hard time wrapping his head around certain situations - he took it to heart that a male his mother once knew was here. Not being fully certain was a good a reason as any. Riv could only think maybe it was because of all that was happening. It could bring them here in strange ways. "That is also something I'm not entirely sure of." Rivaxorus let out a soft smile on his lips. "As far as I do know.... I can't do much until I'm a year old in spring. Until then I have to stick by my siblings and.... whoever took Sonticus up." his eyes looked at the ground for a moment as he looked up at Xephyris.

"If you don't have a family, and Hellstrom has fallen. Maybe you could stay a while." The boy flicked his tail. "I could try to make it worth your while. Be part of a pack again - or another. At least maybe me and my siblings could keep you some sort of company. I know some wolves hate not being in a pack no matter how much another can frustrate them." he was no heir anymore. No need to feel the strain of needing to have everyone look up to him. However, Rivaxorus would never stop feeling like a figurehead for a majority of his life. Perhaps his mother had been using him for her own gain.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
11-25-2015, 01:53 AM
Xeph listened as the boy explained about what he thought he might do, at least until he was a year old in the spring time. So he'd be sticking around his siblings, and whoever it was that was taking control of the pack now. He supposed he would have done the same if he were that age in the same position. It made more sense than trying to make it on your own, at least when you're young like that. He tilted his head when Rivaxorus suddenly offered for him to stay a while with the pack, to try to make it worth while for him. It was a generous offer for a young boy to make, and something Xephyris had never considered. He would be surrounded by those younger than him, but it didn't seem all too bad. In fact, it seemed a much better option than anything else he could do right now.

"Well, I don't know what else to do," he admitted, silver eyes glancing at the ground and ears flicking back awkwardly. At least he'd have something to do. Someone to be around for the winter. Even if he wasn't necessarily needed, he could try to make something of himself for now. Maybe he'd find his purpose, or get closer to it. "I think I'd like that," he said with a nod to the boy, "Nothing turned out the way I expected. Maybe this is a new opportunity." It was unfortunate that an opportunity was arising at the expense of a loss. But alas, this was how life went.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
11-25-2015, 12:11 PM
Out of a tragedy, there could always be new life. Sometimes an event led others into a strange spiral that led to new things. As well as mourning his mother - he found himself standing at the top of the pedestal that was called life. Plus Rivaxorus didn't doubt that there was a thing or two that he could learn from Xephyris. As he could learn from any other wolf for that matter, adults just seemed to show him the wrong... or right way to go about things. "Sometimes, nothing goes the way we expect it." Rivaxorus laughed painfully. Things they didn't like, things that made them cry. It all went in their way, but the point was is that they were still standing here. At least that much was proof to say I made it through that.

"Wanna take a walk? Maybe hunt together." Rivaxorus gestured towards the path on the plains. They could talk more, or they could simply do what wolves did. The young mind was still able to mold to his own ability. However the more and more he started getting out. The sooner he was starting to find out that his young age was meant to be enjoyed and he wasn't really enjoying it the way he was supposed to be. As whatever would happen - he'd deal with it when it came.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
11-26-2015, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2015, 03:32 AM by Xephyris.)
Xephyris could only nod deeply in acknowledgement when Riv spoke, a pained laugh leaving the boy's throat. Most likely no one had expected this. The boy was taking it well, as well as a young wolf could. Deep within, he was sure the pup was trying not to fall apart inside. He tried to make light of the situation, despite the grief evident in his heart. What else could they do? They could not turn back time and undo what was done. The only thing left to do was go on, taking each day in stride.

When the boy suggested they take a walk, or even hunt something together, Xeph nodded. It would be a good way to take their minds off of things, and perhaps even take out their frustrations. Fill their bellies and keep themselves from falling into the trap of sorrow. With winter progressing and each day getting colder, they needed to keep up their strength. "Let's see what prey we can find," he agreed with a nod, "Perhaps afterward there will be more to say. If not... then we will rest. And tomorrow will bring new challenges." He nodded to Rivaxorus. He wondered how much experience the boy had, how much training had been done since Xeph had left for Hellstrom. He would find out soon, and he would try to help where he could, but if things went well perhaps he would not be needed at all.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
11-28-2015, 03:55 PM

With the onset of winter it meant there would be less available large prey around. However Rivaxorus has a trick or two up his sleeve as he nodded to Xephyris. Turning further down the beach as he used his nose with the wind blowing to scent out any possible geese that might be nearby. They were not the easiest prey, but their feathers were far more easy to get through then a normal bird. Ducks and geese were very much a good meal for a young boy like him who could attempt to catch them.

Once the flock was spotted, Rivaxorus settled down on his paws. Getting closer to the ground, he spread his toes on the sand to cause less noise as he moved forward almost like a cat. The key was to catch them off guard, whether Xeph was following or not he didn't know because now he was in the zone. Getting closer, he waited for the last minute until jumping at them. Attempting to take off he jumped using his powerful hind legs to push him off the ground. Teeth grabbing hold of the goose's leg. He dragged it down pinning its head before being able to give the killing blow. One down.... he looked up for Xeph.

"Talk" "You" Think

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
12-06-2015, 12:40 AM
Xephyris followed the younger wolf, observing the boy's hunting skills - not bad. He knew how to find a scent and track down the prey, and he stalked the geese silently and slowly. The older male took up position just a few pawsteps behind Riv, claws softly parting the sand as he crept forward, body lowered. Though birds were sometimes difficult to catch, he actually really enjoyed the flesh. This flock looked well prepared for winter, plump and clumsy. Xeph licked his lips hungrily, realizing he hadn't eaten in quite some time. He needed this.

The second that Riv launched forward, Xephyris did as well. Waiting a heartbeat longer would mean the birds would get out of his reach. Shooting forward, his long, powerful limbs thrust him closer to the prey. The birds scattered, some of them running along the beach, others taking flight. With a strenuous burst of speed, Xeph lunged toward a goose that was just taking off. The bird was just a few feet off the ground when the wolf's teeth clamped onto some of the major flight feathers, and with a toss of his head, he pulled the feathers right out. The goose was sent tumbling, and the predator took his opportunity to pin the bird and crush its narrow neck in his powerful jaws. Panting, he looked up to see the younger wolf standing over his own catch.

"Nicely done," Xeph commented, spitting out a couple of feathers, "Good to know you can take care of yourself." He nodded with a smirk, then bent down toward his catch, ripping mouthfuls of feathers away from the breast so that he could then dig into the fresh meat. Though before the hunt he'd not realized his hunger at all, he now ate ravenously until he had to pause for breath, licking blood from his chops. Having no plans in mind, he wondered what they would do next - he wouldn't mind a comfortable place to rest, and then perhaps they would seek out other company amongst familiar faces.

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
12-07-2015, 01:32 PM

They were indeed wild animals of course. He knew that by looking at the way the other ate. Although Riv ripping into his own meal nodded his head. He always had to take care of himself - reason being how was he supposed to take care of anyone if he couldn't at least keep himself out of trouble. That was the point, was to make it where no one had to take care of him. Then by his own means the boy would end up growing into someone that wanted to do his family justice. Just in the right way possible - and a few things crossed his mind.

After the meal had been finished, Rivaxorus looked at Xephyris. "Tell me Xephyris... would you follow me? If for some reason the day came I had a pack - when I plan to going to Fiori in spring. Would you follow me with certainty that I would be your leader?" He tilted his head to the side. No he wasn't thinking about being a leader, it was a hypothetical question at best. How many wolves really would follow a man with little ambition. Yet with all the thoughts in the world that his head could hardly contain.

"Talk" "You" Think

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
12-13-2015, 12:33 AM
Xephyris tilted his head as Rivaxorus posed a question. His brow furrowed. Did the boy intend to follow in his mother's pawprints and lead a pack someday? He was surprised that Riv would ask him if he'd follow him. The boy had a certain confidence to him, making Xeph smirk. "I can't say for certain who I'll be following," he responded with a slight shake of his head, unsure of what his future held, "But one thing I'm certain of, I can be an ally to you, and anyone close to you." That meant he would have to get to know more of Riv's family. He needed to attach himself to someone, make something of himself. Things hadn't turned out how he'd thought, but he wasn't about to give up on his desire to become a protector or guardian.

"Well, if you're going to Fiori, why don't I tag along?" he asked, shrugging his shoulders, "Just know I grow restless when life becomes to peaceful, so I may not stay. But if you and your kin are ever in need, just send for me." He nodded his head, acknowledging that he'd finished speaking. It may not have been exactly the answer that Riv had hoped for, but it was still something. An offer of allegiance. "Anyways, I've never been to Fiori, so you will have to lead the way," he said, smirking still, "So, I guess I'm following you after all." With a full belly now, he was ready to move on.