ardent

Then I'll Raise You Like A Phoenix

Mieu

gems
size
build
player
11-23-2015, 01:27 AM

There had been a party, but the boy hadn't gone. He felt like he shouldn't, though he didn't know why. It felt like no one else in the pack other than Ash really liked him. He didn't understand. What had he done wrong? Or what was he not doing? The boy would lay on his back in the grasses of the orchard, breathing in and out in slow sighs. Ears were flicked back, his blue gaze sad. He wasn't sure what he was going to do. He wanted more friends. Ash was great! But the other had his own life too. Rhyme was kind of nice too... but he hadn't gotten to play with the other near long enough.

Mieu would get to his paws, ears perking up. His stomach would growl, and an urge would press him to a half eaten rabbit that lay in the distance. Looked like a wolverine or something had got to it. He would slowly lower his head to the ground, sniffing at it. Eww... he was hungry but he wasn't that hungry. Surely he could hunt something for himself, right?

With the rumbling of his gut to remind him of his mission Mieu would start to stalk after the first thing he saw; a squirrel. The little critter would twitch it's tail, moving across the ground as it stored its nuts for the winter. A bit late, aren't you mister squirrel?

Mieu would shoot forward, snapping his jaws around the smaller creature's body. He'd kill it instantly, dropping down to the earth and chowing down hungrily. The meat wasn't the greatest, but it tasted great to the hungry youth. He'd eat the entire thing, tail and all, before setting his head on his paws.

Well... that was one problem solved.

"Listen to me talk, 'but know my thoughts

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Intellectual (35)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
11-23-2015, 09:40 PM
The party was over. He had been promoted. After leaving, and still refusing to clean up, the boy sought out his friend. His trot dropped to a stealthy sneak as he spotted Mieu; slow paw steps, baited breath. His eyes stayed level. Mieu was eating, or just finishing eating, rather. Ashmedai smiled. He was the perfect target. Muscles coiling, Ashmedai made an imaginary path in his head to Mieu. He kicked off, as if after prey. His leg muscles pumped below him, attempting to close the gap between him and the other boy. He kicked off, jumping, seeking to tackle Mieu and roll him over and cover his face and neck with small nips and bites.

Mieu

gems
size
build
player
11-27-2015, 05:54 PM

A tackle was what alerted the young male to the presence of his friend. A smile would immediately find his face, eyes lighting up. He would let out a joyous laugh, the nips and bites of his friend reminding him of the one good thing about Imperium; his friendship with the other. The boy’s tail would go a mile a minute behind him as he looked up at his friend with bright blue eyes. No matter what mood he was in, so long as Ash came along he’d find himself happy again. A goofy grin on his face, one fourpaw against the chest of the taller boy. “Ash~ Ash you came to see me~” He would whine happily, nipping towards the other boy’s chin.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
12-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Ashmedai would absorb the other boy's affections greedily. He really loved the attention, he wasn't going to lie. After a moment, Ash would pull back from Mieu, "Something's been bothering me, though, Mieu..." The slate boy would stand and take a few steps back from his friend, "Do you know how to fight...? If something happened to me... could you defend yourself?" He was truly concerned. Mieu was soft, and Ashmedai really loved that source of positive reinforcement and encouragement, but with the war just behind them, he couldn't help but worry about his little friend, "Okay, Mieu, look. Let's fight. Play fight, but we need to pretend it's real. Pretend I'm someone who wants to hurt you, okay? I promise it's just pretend, I need to know how well you can defend yourself..." Ashmedai walked until there was about ten feet between him and Mieu, "When you're ready," he started, taking in  a shaky breath, "Come at me."
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Mieu

gems
size
build
player
12-03-2015, 11:33 PM

Mieu would frown as Ash pulled away. Something had been bothering him? But why? Mieu would roll to his belly, getting to his paws. He would flick his ears back some, giving a whine. “What’s up Ash?” Then it came out. Mieu didn’t really know how to fight, though he had always assumed if he needed to the instincts were in there somewhere. His father had always been the fighter... And he... He wasn’t. He would bite his lip, not sure what to say. Could he really do it if he had to?

Gaze would shoot back up to Ashmendai at his suggestion. Mieu would feel tears sting his eyes. No! He didn’t want to fight. He definitely didn’t want to fight Ash. The brown boy could see what his friend wanted to do but... He’d look at the ground again.

Pretend. They were just going to pretend. So Ash could help him. So he could know how well he could defend himself. Mieu would take a deep breathe, trying to steady his nerves. He didn’t want this... But... It was just pretend. Nothing serious. It wasn’t like they were going to maim each other or anything.

“Ash... I won’t lie... I’m scared...” The boy would admit, lifting his gaze to his friend. But I don’t want to disappoint you. “I’m going to try my hardest, okay?” He just had to think, remember what he’d seen from fights he’d witnessed... Particularly with that taller woman, Birna, when she put his sister in the dirt.

Ash was much bigger than him... But Mieu knew size wasn’t everything. He’d brace himself.

Ears would lay back against his skull, eyes would narrow, and head would align with the spine His neck would get scrunched up, shoulders rolled forward, and his stance widened. Within his widened stance he would distribute his weight equally among his spread legs, spreading his toes as well. Claws would bite into the soil as he bent his knees at the joints, tucking his tail. Finally his hackles were raised along his body -- the easy part done. Mieu could remember practicing defenses with his father before Emery disappeared. Attacking was the hard part.

He’d hesitate, hoping his friend wouldn’t move first and still let him go. He just... He just had to make himself ready! Mieu would take one more shuddering breath and then move.

Attempting to close the distance between himself and Ashmendai the brown boy would attack head on. His goal was to seemingly go for Ash’s legs. But as Meiu got closer he would twist his head upward, aiming to push off the ground with his legs, on all fours, to grab Ashmendai’s lower jaw. Mieu’s top jaw aimed to wrap around the left side of Ash’s lower jaw, across the middle, while his own bottom jaw stretched across the bottom of Ash’s own to reach the right side. In addition to this Mieu would aim to throw his weight and right foreleg forward, to stop on the left forepaw of his friend. Tears stung his eyes... But he wouldn’t back down.

...because he wanted to make Ash proud.

MIEU vs ASHMENDAI for SPAR
Round ONE of TWO

""

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
01-21-2016, 05:26 PM
Mieu had made the move to attack Ash. Even after his confession that he was scared. Ashmedai tried to evaluate his moves and his defences. As Mieu came close, Ashmedai moved to jump out of the way. He was cutting it close, and his eyes grew wide, "Woah- good job Mieu! Hold up!" he called. A smile spread to his face, "That wasn't half bad- who taught you how to fight Mieu?" Ashmedai, fully expecting the smaller boy to stop his attack, came closer, "Have you ever thought of- you know- training with the pack?" he would question. Now that he was growing up, Ashmedai was beginning to recognize that Mieu needed to start playing a role in the pack. Whether it was hunting or fighting, it was important that he could defend himself, but also knew that there was a time and a place for fighting, "Maybe did you ever think about healing?" Ashmedai thought that he really needed to figure out Mieu's interest and start helping him to become better, otherwise, Ashmedai wasn't sure the rest of the pack would want a full grown Mieu running around with no skills.

Mieu

gems
size
build
player
01-22-2016, 12:17 AM

Mieu was surprised as Ashmendai jumped out of the way. His attacks met nothing but air, and the boy would stumble before looking to his friend with confusion. But that confusion was quickly replaced by a warm smile, his heart beating fast in his chest. It... It wasn’t bad? The smaller boy would close the distance between himself and Ash, beaming up at him happily. Had... Had he done good? The boy felt slightly embarrassed too. “I didn’t really learn from anyone. My dad taught me some defenses when I was little... But the rest I kinda picked up when I saw Birna... Go after my sister.” His voice would falter for only a moment.

“I’ve... Thought about it.” Mieu confessed, shifting on his paws. His smile would fade for a moment as he continued to speak. “I dunno... I guess I worry I wouldn’t be welcome. I don’t know if your dad really likes me much.” The earthern boy would lower his gaze and ears. “I’ve thought about trying all sorts of stuff... I’m a pretty good hunter... And I thought herbs were neat. But really I...” Mieu would look up at Ash again, his eyes blazing with determination.

“I want to fight hard for the pack like you do... So maybe your dad would think about letting me go out sometimes. I love being here with the pack but it’s not fun when you leave and I can’t go exploring too.” His answers were almost innocent. “I want to be strong Ash... You’ll teach me right? Promise?” His smile would return again, a look of adoration in his eyes for his friend.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
01-26-2016, 10:25 AM
Ashmedai would listen to his little friend. He felt a bit sad. Mieu didn't seem as willing to fight. Ashemdai didn't know if Mieu would ever really be able to fit in with the pack. As much as Ashmedai liked Mieu, he wasn't sure what he could do for the boy, "You're always welcome to train, Mieu." he commented honestly. Ashmedai would move to show the boy small affections, "But at some point, to be accepted, to be able to explore freely... you'll have to be tested... by my dad." Ashmedai drew back, "When that happens, I can't interfere. Until then, though, I can try to train you and whatever happens after that, we are always going to be friends." he ended. Ash didn't know if Mieu could impress his father ever. He hoped to, but the boy was so innocent and soft. Ashmedai didn't know if he would ever fit into this kind of pack, "But who knows, maybe one day, you'll be ranked above me!"
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Mieu

gems
size
build
player
02-04-2016, 10:09 AM

Mieu would give a small nod when Ash spoke. He was welcome to train, but, the thing he hadn’t realized was that in order to be accepted, and given the same freedoms as his friend, he would need to be tested by Valentine. The thought scared him. The slate colored male was very intimidating in size and appearance. Mieu was certain that he’d be able to crush him in one swat of his paw! But Mieu felt a bit of relief knowing that, no matter what happened Ash would always be his friend. His spirits would lift a bit at this and he would grin, wagging his tail back and forth for a moment. “Maybe! I’m going to always try my best, so no matter what rank I have, it’ll suit me!”

The little brown furred brute would have his smile fade though, a thought coming to him. “Ash... Even if I were to test against your dad... Do you think he’d really ever accept me?” Mieu would let his gaze fall. “I mean... I know I’m not strong... Or really brave... But I do want to try for Imperium I do!” The small male would furrow his brow. “I just don’t know if I’d be good enough, you know?” He’d draw his paw along the ground. “I’m kind of worried that one day... One day your day will tell me to leave... That I’m too little... And to not come back...”