Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
11-28-2015, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016, 08:00 PM by Kakashi.)

He traveled from the new pack lands to the east. He knew about the siege, seeing as how the pack that had been next door were no longer there. Walking at a relaxed lope, Kakashi was on a mission to get to abaven. He knew quelt was there, what he didn't know was that Quelt and Limno had mysteriously disappeared. He wanted to see how his brother was doing, unsure if his brother fought or not. Either way, he would find out today. He knew about his niece and nephew, and he wanted to see them for the first time. He was long overdue for a visit with them, and wondered if they even knew about him.

As he neared the Abaven territory, the sun was at his back as it began to set in the West. The scents of the pack were strong, but he would press on until he was a few feet from the border. Crimson gaze swept the other side for signs of movement, and without waiting further, he lifted his head and called for someone. Quelt, Quake, qualm...any of his relatives or someone of importance.

""

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
12-11-2015, 08:36 PM

Now that was a truly odd call.

The wolf didn't howl for him, but for Quelt and his pups, as well as a higher rank. Confusion swirled in his mind, but as did a bit of hope. Limno and Quelt had both vanished, leaving the two pups here all on their own. He had been trying his best to see to it that they were taken care of, even Piper had seemed to make friends with them. But it was sad, very sad, that the children were without their parents. He knew how hard it was to be alone like that, so he really did hope that his brute knew something of the larger man vanishing. Bass was quick to race towards the borders, golden eyes sweeping the horizon as he scanned for the caller. Soon enough he saw his masked face, reminding him very much of Quelt himself. Mm, could this man be related to him? "Greetings, I am Bass Destruction, Azat -- or alpha, of Abaven. I couldn't help but notice you calling for Quelt, do you know where he is?" Bass asked, not wanting to give away too much information. But this man smelled similar to the giant, and he was pretty sure that they were brothers, if not even litter mates. Family scents were a strong thing, almost like a pack of their own.

"Talk" "You" Think

Kakashi

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
01-04-2016, 08:07 PM

He wasn't waiting long when a cream figure came charging from the other side of the borders. Crimson eyes watched the male, the way he held himself and the scent. He figured maybe this was one of the higher ranking members, as his call specifically called for one as well as his relatives. However, he was disappointed that it wasn't Quelt...but he would get his answer soon enough, however unexpected it was. As the male came to a stop and told him who he was, Kakashi remained silent as Bass asked him where Quelt was. His own brows furrowed in confusion, did that mean that Quelt wasn't here?

"No...is he not here? I thought this was his pack, and it seems you do know who he is so I'm not wrong." He narrowed his eyes a bit in thought, looking past Bass to see if maybe Quelt was following, but no. Looking back at the alpha, he regarded him with a curious stare, now this had his attention. "I am Kakashi, Quelt's brother...A warrior from Borealis. Formerly, Sonticus." He didn't know if Bass knew of the change of hands or the events that came prior, but he wasn't here to discuss that. He was here to see Quelt, and if Quelt wasn't here...then what about his children? "If he's not here, how long has he been gone?"

""

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
01-05-2016, 12:28 PM

He eyed the man thoughtfully, taking note of his reaction to his words. It would seem that he did not know anything about the disappearance of Quelt, and was slightly alarmed that he was not here. "You are not wrong, this is, or was, his pack. But he upped and left once more, leaving his children behind of us to care for." His tone was even, brows somewhat pulling together. He was angry with the slate blue man, very angry. And he did not mind sharing what had happened with his man, after all he was Quelt's brother. Although the changes to Sonticus were new to him, he did not push the matter. He didn't feel like talking about politics right now, and if Arian wanted to change things without coming to tell him, that was fine by him. It was her pack and she could do what she wanted with it.

Bass settled on his rump with a sigh, ears twitched when Kakashi asked how long he had been gone. "Almost a season now, I believe. He vanished sometime in the winter, and his wife Limno went out to look for him. Quake and Qualm have been in our care, they are around the same age as my youngest litter." He said evenly, his voice betraying none of his own emotions. But yes, he was more than just ticked off. Quelt had left before, but this time he left young lives hanging in the balance.

"Talk" "You" Think

Kakashi

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
01-05-2016, 06:11 PM

Once more? Did that mean that this wasn't the first time his idiot brother had left? He let out an aggravated sigh when Bass finished talking, and his aggravation was visible with the slight rising of his hackles. He wasn't pissed at the alpha for telling him this information, no. He was pissed at Quelt's irresponsibility. What got the man riled up even more, was the fact that his brother and his sister in law had decided to take off, leaving his niece and nephew alone. "Damn you Quelt..." He said it more to himself, but seriously, damn that idiot!

The alpha would answer his question about how long he'd been gone, and it made him bristle more. His heart pounded with anger, and he was sure he wasn't the only one pissed off at Quelt. If he had disappeared before underneath this Alpha, then surely it was aggravating so find that he disappeared again...and leaving children behind. "I can't believe he would do this...I thought he'd gotten smarter, but it seems he's still a fucking idiot!" His eyes narrowed, the scar across his left eye wrinkling as he thought. If Limno wasn't here either, that meant they'd been without their parents for a whole season. It frustrated him to no end. "You say their names are Quake and Qualm? Can I see them?" It probably didn't sound good, that he hardly knew their names let alone seen them. But he heard from Quelt last they met that pups were on the way, and obviously, they were well over the age of having been born. But if their parents weren't here, then that meant he was probably one of their only direct relatives...and hell be damned if he didn't do anything to make sure they were alright.

""

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
01-05-2016, 06:34 PM

Bass only snorted at Kakashi, not arguing his point. "I had thought so too, looks like we have both been fooled." He said softly, a touch of his own anger shining through. He was trying to be indifferent here, but it was a little hard. Bass was sick and tired of wolves leaving his pack only to crawl back, and then disappear again. Was it him? Was he that bad of a leader that they thought that they could walk all over him? His lip twitched as he tried to keep his aggression at bay, although he had to admit, it was pretty funny watching this man freak out in front of him. The brute's last question caught him off guard, however, asking if he could see the kids. Bass' ears flickered, but he wasn't about to keep the pups from the only family that they had left. "Qualm has been rather distant since his parents have left, I'm not sure he will answer the call. I am sure that Quake will though, she has been trying her hardest to fit in." He said, obvious fondness for the girl in his voice. He had seen how hard it was on pups to lose their parents, he had seen it happen to Chrono's kids, but Tinaro was still here and going strong. Alvin had run away from it all, just as Qualm was doing, but Tinaro was a very good member of Abaven. So Bass tipped back his head and called out to the young ones, seeing if they would even come.

"Talk" "You" Think

Kakashi

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
01-05-2016, 07:53 PM

You've got that right... Why did he ever think that Quelt would be any different? He was responsible before, but now? Kakashi could smack him with a fish if he ever found him...he was pretty good at hiding his anger...usually. But today, after finding out that kids were involved, Kakashi couldn't help but be pissed about it. He could tell that Bass was just as pissed, and they were in the right to be. Especially if this wasn't the first time his idiot brother had disappeared. Why thought? That's what he wanted to know...and he was sure the same question floated around Bass' head too.

He sat down, curling his tail around his haunches as Bass explained to him that his nephew had been distant. Could he blame him? Their parents up and left without so much as a goodbye, he was sure. But he was glad at least, that Quake was trying. He sighed, waiting as Bass called the children to them. He wasn't sure what he would do now...whether he would take the kids, assuming Bass let him, or leave them here. While they were his niece and nephew, Kakashi didn't want to leave them alone. He supposed it was up to the kids, they'd never met after all, but he would figure it out today. And if he ever saw Quelt again...well, that fool had something coming to him.

""

Quake

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
01-05-2016, 07:58 PM

She'd been nosing around her den, out of boredom more then anything. She'd been really depressed since her parents left, and even her brother had distanced himself. She couldn't remember the last time she saw him...and it depressed her even more that her twin had vanished into thin air. She had been trying her best to integrate herself into the pack, having met Tinaro and a couple of others got her mind off of her dilemma. But still, whenever she returned to her den at the end of the day, it was a grim reminder that she was all alone. Just as she was about to go inside for a nap, she heard Bass' call. Her ears twitched, crimson eyes following the direction of the sound as it seemed to be for her and her brother. A bit of hope fluttered in her chest, maybe Qualm would show up! While she didn't know why Bass was calling for them, she wasted no time in heading over to find him.

It was only a few minutes before she saw the familiar pelt of her alpha, and sitting in front of him was someone she'd never seen before, but the resemblance to her father was unmistakable. Who was that? Slowing with caution, she approached with a nervous flick of her ears, red eyes gazing at the other male with red eyes. Peering at Bass, her voice was quiet when she spoke. "Y-you called?"

"SPEAK"

Tracker||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
01-06-2016, 02:10 AM

Kakashi stood silently after his call, and Bass followed in suite. His tail thumped on the earth as he waited, but it wasn't long before the dark coated girl showed up. She eyed her uncle warily, before looking up and greeting him. He smiled sweetly at the girl, dipping down to gently nuzzle her cheek in a comforting way. He could tell that she was slightly afraid, and honestly he didn't blame her. So much had happened in the last little bit that he was surprised how well she was handling it all. Her brother... well not so much. He waited a little bit longer to see if Qualm would show up, but the seconds turned to minutes with no sign of him at all. Golden eyes fell sympathetically to Quake, not everyone handled things like this well. Alvin had left the pack and left Tinaro on his own, it would seem that Qualm may have done the same thing. "Quake, this is your uncle Kakashi. He has come to meet you." Bass was careful not to mention her brother, but he knew that she was probably thinking about him.

Bass did not shift from his place beside Quake, offering her all the comfort that she needed from him. It was always hard to meet new people, even more so when they were family. He knew that she was timid, and he really felt for her. So he just scooted closer, leaning against her gently to let her know that he was here for her. He would allow the other two do to some talking though, but he wouldn't dare leave Quake's side.

"Talk" "You" Think

Kakashi

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
01-06-2016, 03:02 PM

The black slated male would look past the Abaven alpha as movement caught his eye. Crimson gaze watched as the small girl approached them, and the resemblance she had compared to him was almost shocking to him. While he and Quelt were brothers, the girl seemed to carry traits closer to Kakashi. Her coat was pure black, but her eyes...her eyes were the same color as his own. His gaze softened when she approached them, greeting Bass as she looked at him with wariness. He nodded a quiet greeting to her as Bass told the girl who he was. It was evident that she was afraid, and quite attached to the alpha here. He didn't blame her though...he was sure that with the disappearance of her parents, she had opted to stay close to someone for comfort, and Bass seemed to be that source. They waited a few minutes to see if the other kid would show up, but as time ticked on...nobody else would come.

The warrior would nod to Bass before lowering himself onto his stomach to be at eye level with the girl. Crimson gaze met hers, and the similarities between them were strong. Clearing his throat, he warmed his gaze up and made himself seem as less threatening as possible before speaking. "Well, aren't you a pretty little thing. As Bass mentioned, my name is Kakashi. I'm your father's brother. It's nice to meet you, Quake." He smiled gently at her, sensing the fear and hesitance that she had. A result from being left alone perhaps? He could only wonder.

""

Quake

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
01-06-2016, 03:09 PM

the girl looked up at Bass as she pressed close to him for comfort. He said this man was her uncle? She had an uncle? She supposed she wouldn't know that...her mom and dad had disappeared before she could learn anything from them...with that thought, she pressed closer to Bass side as the man named Kakashi lowered himself to the ground and greeted her. Her ears flicked nervously when he called her pretty, and almost subconsciously she looked behind her. Nope, nobody there. Looking back at him, she offered a shy smile as she slowly stepped forward to smell him. She had never seen him before, but they definitely resembled each other. His eyes were the same color as hers! A little bit of excitement at this discovery poured into her, and she wished that Qualm was here to see...but he wasn't.

She leaned forward to touch Kakashi's nose, peering into the red eyes and gazing at the scar he had over his left eye. How had he gotten that? "N-nice to meet you too, Mr. Kakashi...Um...do you know where my mommy and daddy are?" A look of hope and sadness filled her gaze, she hoped he did...otherwise, why would her new uncle be here?

"SPEAK"

Tracker||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Kakashi

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
01-06-2016, 06:49 PM

She seemed almost hesitant and unsure after he spoke to her. He didn't blame her though, he was still a stranger in her eyes. As he waited for her to respond, the old male would not move his position as his steady gaze studied her. She seemed pretty shy, a hint of curiosity but shy nonetheless. He didn't know if she was like that before Quelt left, or if she had turned that way because he left. He wanted to growl at that thought, but he suppressed it. Scaring her now wouldn't do any good, and at her gentle and curious words, he smiled at her. He nodded to her greeting, Mr. Kakashi eh? Cute. And no matter how much he wanted to frown at her question, he simply sighed and flicked his tail in irritation. How to tell her...? His gaze cast towards Bass for a split moment before he slowly shook his head. "I don't, I'm sorry. But that's why I'm here." Well, not for this particular reason...he had come to see his brother and the kids, but he didn't know he had been gone for a while up until today. "I came today to meet you, actually. And it seems...perhaps now, a little more then that."

He sat up, crimson gaze looking her over for a reaction. He could see her curiosity, but how to go about this? He had only come for a visit, but now it seemed...a different idea would come up altogether. With both of her parents gone, and Qualm seemingly disappeared as well...he was about to offer for her to come stay with him in Borealis. Would it be right though? To take her away from those she was already familiar with and throw her into a world where she knew no one? Including him? While they had just met, Kakashi had a soft spot for kids...most of them, anyway. Especially if they were related to him. Taking a deep breath, he would speak again. "Quake, if it's alright with your alpha..." He looked at Bass then, a seriousness in his gaze. "I would like to request that I become her guardian."

""

Quake

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
01-06-2016, 07:04 PM

The girl was visibly crestfallen when her new uncle told her that he didn't know where her dad was. Hear ears fell back and her brows furrowed. "Oh..." That was all she could muster before her lip started to quiver. She didn't want to cry anymore, but she couldn't help the sniffling and the tears that began to slide down. She watched her uncle sit up and turn to Bass. What else did he come for? Pressing herself against the pale man, she looked up at Kakashi with a guarded and curious look. Her ears perked a little when her uncle said her name, and then listened as he asked to be her guardian. She glanced towards Bass, both pairs of eyes upon him now. Did this mean she had to leave Abaven? She wasn't sure if she wanted to leave...Abaven was the only place she knew, and the members here had taken care of her for over a season now. Could she really leave them? The thought scared her, and she found herself huddling closer, her small frame practically under Bass' legs now as she waited to hear what he would say.

"SPEAK"

Tracker||Plotter

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
01-07-2016, 11:34 PM

He sat in silence as the two talked, looking over the conversation with a blank face. He felt Quake scoot closer and closer to him, until she was nearly under his leg by the end of it all. His heart broke for her, and he leaned down and licked the top of her head. All seemed okay, she was obviously upset that Kakashi didn't know where her parents were. Anyone would be though, it was all a very hard matter to deal with. When the darker male tossed him a question, his gaze narrowed slightly as he moved so that he was standing over the girl, tail raising over his back as his lip twitched. He was aware of the girl's red eyes on him, so he was careful not to snarl. Clearing his throat, he stayed silent for a long time, having to take a deep breath so that his voice came out steady. "With all due respect, Quake doesn't know you. Just just showed up at the borders now to meet them, and to ask for guardianship just like that is crazy. Abaven is her home, she has been raised by the wolves here. Frankly, I'm not comfortable just handing her over to you when neither of us know anything besides your name and the fact that you two are related." His gaze was sharp, daring him to fight his words.

Bass looked down at Quake, his yellow eyes softening at the sight of her. "When she is old enough, she will be able to make her own decision. But for now, she will be staying in Abaven." He said with finality, gaze shifting back up to Kakashi. It was obvious that the only way he would let the girl go was if he challenged him and won. Nails bit into the soft earth as he waited for the brute's reply, muscles tense as he stood over Quake.

"Talk" "You" Think

Kakashi

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
01-08-2016, 12:02 AM

He waited for what seemed long moments for an answer, his gaze flitting down to see his niece practically hiding beneath the pale man. He didn't blame her...she was afraid, and he was still new to her. Any child in their right mind would act the same way. As his gaze returned to Bass, he could see the mounting anger and agitation. Kakashi knew what the response would be before it was even said, and he should have expected as much. As Bass told him his thoughts, turning him down for taking guardianship over the girl, he would nod his head. He wasn't going to fight over it, that would only frighten her more and then if he did hypothetically win, she would probably see him as someone to hate for taking her away from the only world she knew. He watched in silence when Bass mentioned she could make her own decision when she got old enough, his muscles visibly tensing as he stood protectively over her.

While Kakashi was a little miffed, he understood completely. He wasn't pissed at Bass, it wasn't his fault or anyone else's but Quelt's. Kakashi had no idea when the kids were gonna be born, so he took a guess and that guess was way too late. Still, he had come to try. And now that their father wasn't here, he couldn't just leave and go on with his life. "Relax, I completely understand and I don't blame you." He took a deep breath as he thought. Now what? He couldn't take her, he didn't want to take her from her home, from her pack. Regardless, he wanted to be in her life so that she knew she wasn't completely abandoned. Despite the pack being there for her, they weren't blood related. And frankly, the only blood related family he had were Quelt and Pamela. Both disappeared. And now, Quake. Returning his gaze to Bass, he thought carefully about his next words. "I want to be there for her. My brother is a complete idiot, and I will apologize for him. I'll be sure to give him my own two cents about what he's done if I ever see him again. As it stands, I have no children of my own, no mate, and the only blood relatives I have are my own siblings who have disappeared, and now the girl. I can devote all the time and attention she needs, and be her guide and teacher."

Yes, he was in a different pack. But he didn't see any issue with him leaving. After all, there was nothing really keeping him in Borealis. Arian was dead, and Cypress had lost it. He wasn't close to anyone there, and his main role was teaching the pack how to defend themselves. But now, there were actually members there who were confident in themselves, he was sure they could do without him. "If you'll let me, that is. I have no problem leaving Borealis...there's nothing there for me anyway."

""

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
01-08-2016, 12:18 AM

Bass visibly relaxed when Kakashi spoke at first, although his ears twitched in slightly irritation at the way he worded himself. He didn't take to kindly being told to relax, but he was glad that the male understood where he was coming from. In his mind, it was crazy that he even tried to ask to take Quake away, and he was a little more than protective over the girl. He still stayed staying over her, unless she had moved at all. His tail was still raised in dominance, but that was more about being the Primo than anything else. He watched with careful golden gaze as the darker male sighed, obviously thinking what he was going to do next. He was glad that he wasn't going to challenge him, it would probably send Quake into a fit of fear, and probably wouldn't do good for their new relationship. When the male did speak again, he couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle. Quelt was an idiot, but it was obvious to see that Kakashi took his family seriously. He took in a deep breath again, taking his time once more to think about it. Looking down at Quake once more, he rose a brow at the girl. "What do you think, Quake? Would you like it if Uncle Kakashi came here to stay with you and Abaven?" He asked. He wanted her to have just as much say in this as he did, after all, he was only asking because of her.

Looking back up at the masked male, he nodded his own head slowly, showing where he stood. "You need to talk to your alphess first to get released, but if Quake agrees, you may join Abaven. Until you settle in and find your place around here, you will be known as a Cittadino. After you find out more about the pack and the ranks, you can come to me about being ranked up. Who knows, if you're good enough and prove your worth, you may be able to mentor Quake when she picks a rank." He said softly, a smile tugging his black lips upwards. He wasn't sure what rank the girl wanted, but perhaps that would be something that both could look forward to.

"Talk" "You" Think

Quake

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
01-08-2016, 12:35 AM

She listened quietly, all the while she remained where she was beneath the protection of Bass. While she felt her new uncle wouldn't hurt her, the feeling of tense muscles at her back from Bass frightened her a little. Were they about to fight for her? The idea frightened her so very much, and she was about to flee before she got caught in the middle of it, until Kakashi had said something. Peering at him from between Bass' legs, she listened carefully. He...he wanted to take care of her? She wasn't sure what to think at first, afraid of being abandoned again by more family. But the more the two adults talked, the more she was feeling hopeful. Finally, Bass asked her if she wanted her uncle to stay, and then the prospect of him being her mentor when she got to pick her area of study was exciting too! Shyly, she stepped out from hiding, her tail wagging just a little. "I-I wouldn't mind that...that means I'll have family again right?" While she barely knew her uncle, she hoped that they could spend time and get to know each other if he came to Abaven. "I want uncle Kakashi to come...and maybe we can train and get to know each other?" Crimson gaze looked up towards the tall male, a small shy smile peeking past her previously scared state.

"SPEAK"

Tracker||Plotter

Kakashi

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Dragon Mod
01-08-2016, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2016, 01:08 AM by Kakashi.)

He waited patiently for his niece to answer, and it surprised him when she showed interest at the idea of him coming to this pack. A small smile peeked through ebony lips as she began to smile, noticing that she was now coming out of hiding. "Well, then I guess the decision is made." Crimson met crimson as he looked at her for a little while longer. He was completely serious about taking care of her, he'd always been that way. More responsible then Quelt...and he wondered to himself a few times how his brother had been the one to feel like he had all the responsibility, when in retrospect, Kakashi felt like maybe that was why he ran away alot. Because he either couldn't handle it, or he didn't want to deal with it.

Returning a calm gaze back to the alpha, he stood up and lightly shook himself to rid his coat of the dirt. The decision was made, and he had no doubt he would be back here. "That settles it. I promise I'll do everything that I can for her. And thank you, for the opportunity. Had I known that my brother had taken off...again, I would have come around a lot sooner. And just know, he and I are very different. I don't abandon those who need me." His tone was serious, the male suppressing a growl as he thought about his brothers stupidity. After this, he would head back to Borealis and speak to Marina. After that? He would probably look for his brother, track him down and let him know just how much of an ass he was.

This was his cue to leave. He would lower his head to be at eye level with Quake, a warm smile showing. "I'll be back soon, alright? And then we can play, or train, and do whatever your heart desires." That was a promise. Standing up again, he nodded to Bass. "It was nice meeting you, Bass. I'll be back as soon as I can. And..thank you, for taking care of her." With that, he would turn around and lope back towards his pack. Both anger at his brother, and excitement fueling him onto a new path that he never expected. Even so, it would be a welcome change in his life.

-EXIT KAKASHI-

""

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
01-19-2016, 02:08 PM

He watched the two with soft yellow eyes, and felt a sudden pang for Borealis. This was not the first member that Bass had come to take away, he wondered if their alpha thought that he had it out for her. He was shaken away from his thoughts by Quake's words, smiling down at the girl. He was glad that she seemed happy to find her uncle, and was excited for him to come home. He leaned down and nuzzled the top of her head, pressing a soft lick there as he looked back up at Kakashi. He said that he would be back, and Bass dipped his head to say that he had heard him. Watching as he walked away, he turned back down to Quake. "Now, how about you come with me on my border patrol? I am sure it will be fun." He said with a wag of his tail, standing up and moving to check their borders.

-exit Bass-

"Talk" "You" Think