Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
11-29-2015, 03:49 PM

Warja had been thinking and the more thinking she'd done the more restless she'd become. Her father was out there somewhere. Kismet too. Two of the most important people in her life were missing. She hadn't liked the idea of Kismet going by himself to look for Rune, but the giant lump had been stubborn enough to sneak off when she wasn't looking. He hadn't even said good-bye. When she found out she'd been so pissed and so hurt that she'd stayed in Yfir instead of following like she wanted to. Until then she hadn't known it was possible to be so wounded without an actual bleeding wound. It felt silly to be so upset, but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't rein the hurt in.

The weeks had turned to months and months to seasons without even a whiff of Kismet. Over time her hurt had faded and while she was still miffed enough with him that she intended to chew his nose off next time they met Warja was now very concerned for his safety. It wasn't like him to not check in. He'd always checked in. Always. For him not to meant something had to have gone wrong. She just couldn't shake the feeling.

Tipping back her head Warja called for Katja. Her mind was made up. She wasn't going to get any rest until she knew what happened to not only her friend, but her father. They had to be found.

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
12-08-2015, 01:17 PM
The young healer's call was unusual; she did not believe that Warja had called for her since the day she'd joined Yfir. So when Katja heard her call, she did not waste time dithering over what could be the matter - there was no urgency so it was likely a personal matter anyway - but instead simply moved to answer. Warja had joined with someone... a boy, that had often seemed overprotective of her in a way that might have spoken of them being mates were it not for Warja's actions towards him. He had disappeared while the pack was gone raiding, as she recalled... she wondered now if it had come to Warja as a personal betrayal as much as it was a betrayal of the pack who had taken him in. To abandon your post in a time of war was an unthinkable betrayal, though indeed it seemed wolves here often got it into their heads to abandon their packs' without so much as a by-your-leave.

Stopping before Warja, the alpha tilted her head to the healer. "What is it you needed, Warja?" she asked, direct and to the point, though not harshly.

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
12-29-2015, 06:44 PM

In no time at all Katja arrived. Returning the polite gesture extended to her, Warja dipped her head in greeting. She took in a deep breath...and then sighed softly. As Katja had done, Warja jumped straight in. "Katja I called you here to request permission to leave Yfir. I don't wish it to be a permanent leave, but I've been plagued with worry for my family. I want to know what became of them." She shook her, gaze briefly going distant as she considered the last couple of weeks. "It's started to affect my dreams and I feel that if I don't find an answer of some kind I'll never be able to rest again."

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
01-11-2016, 07:31 PM
She listened as Warja spoke, hearing her out to the end. The girl seemed genuinely agitated, and Katja could sympathize - when she had been in Ebony, had she wished to seek out her missing family, would Raisa have demanded she stay? Or would she have allowed her to leave, knowing that as a woman of honor she would return in time to give her support to the pack once more? "Dreams can have great power," she said gravely. "My own elder sister could speak with the norns through her dreams, receive unearthly knowledge from them. Past, present and future they could, if they wished, share with her. It will be difficult to do without your experience as a healer, but it is my experience that repetitive dreams tend to have meaning, and I would be cruel to keep you from a task that the gods wish you to take up." She shook her head. "Go then in peace, Warja. We will watch for your return. And..." she fixed the girl with a cool stare. She did not know how Warja felt about having been abandoned by her friend, the boy who had deserted during a raid, but she knew that allowing anyone to abandon the pack on a whim without repercussions would only lead to more of the same. "If you happen to find the boy Kismet... we have great interest in having him returned to us. Whole is not a requirement."