gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
11-30-2015, 01:55 PM

ooc: Saying this is set a few days after the death match. Gonna keep the details vauge, but Arian will be dead so ya know lol

His emotions still felt so raw. He didn't really know how to process what all had happened in the last couple of weeks. He went from concerned and worried over Arian's maiming and Glacier's troubles over their lost pup to over joyed from his and Svetlana's wedding, and then watching Arian's death match... He trudged along the border of Fiori, finishing up yet another patrol. He always lingered a little longer along the border that he used to share with Arian's pack, but he was noticing that their borders were fading... His mismatched ears folded back against his skull. Her husband must have moved the pack again. He sighed and a frown crossed his face. Arian's request for him to watch after her children if anything were to happen to her and Cypress still rung loud and clear in his ears. He had hoped that he could do so from Fiori since their pack had been right next door, but now that their pack had moved he wasn't sure what he should do.

With the patrol done he turned and headed toward the den he shared with Svetlana and Korrin, his eyes fixed on the ground and his ears pinned back. He wished he could rewind time to before any of this had happened. The only good thing that had happened in recent memory was his relationship with Svetlana. That was what was lingering in his mind as he came up to their den, lifting his eyes from the ground so that his blue gaze landed on her form. He stopped several feet from her and just admired her for a moment. The longer he watched her the more the smile grew on his lips. He finally made his paws move again and came over to her. He went to nuzzle his face into her scruff with a sigh. The lump in his throat was heavy and painful. He hadn't cried since Arian's death. He was trying his hardest not to, but it was getting harder by the day.

"Talk" "You" Think

Svetlana

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
11-30-2015, 09:17 PM
"Listen to me talk," 'but read my thoughts.'

Svetlana might not have been at the deathmatch, but she knew the pain it caused Leo, even if he hadn’t cried. She could feel a tenseness about it, a thick sadness that shadowed his being. Hearing him enter the den the woman would raise her head, giving a soft whine as she gentle nuzzled his cheek. Oh her poor love. Losing family was hard... Harder still if you had to watch them get taken away. In a sense Svetlana’s own family had been lost of her own accord... But... Now Leo’s family was her family... And that just made it all the harder.

“You know,” Svet would begin, her voice soft, tender. “It’s okay to cry. To wonder why things have happened the way they did.” She would lick his cheek. “I’ll be here to wipe those tears away.” She promised. Korrin was out luckily, so it was just the two of them. No doubt the alone time was sorely needed.

Table by:: Shelby
[Image: svetlana_by_myowncuttlefish-d963v5e.png]
[Image: svetlana_by_reflectedmemories-d8khd1u.png]
[Image: sig_zps8805ea78.png]

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
12-02-2015, 02:30 PM

Leo leaned into her touch as she nuzzled his cheek, slowly settling himself on his stomach beside her in their den. Her presence alone was enough to help tug at those strings that had him wound up so tight. He pressed his side to hers and breathed in her scent while he swallowed down his tears. He tucked his head under hers as she spoke, her soft words tugging at his heart even more than her whine had. He leaned his head into her chest and rested his head across her forelegs. For a moment he felt so powerless. He had always been so confident, especially so after he became alpha. There were only very brief moments when that confidence in himself and his abilities had been shaken since then, but he had always felt that in the end he could handle this power and this responsibility. Something about all of this had broken a little piece of him and right now all he wanted to do was cuddle up to Svetlana's side and just feel tiny for a moment. Like he was nothing more than an insignificant wolf with no power or titles to his name.

"Arian... at the death match, she said that no one should care how she died or that she would die at all. She said no one should care." His jaw tensed and he shut his eyes to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. His voice was thick and heavy with emotion. "I tried so hard to make sure I watched out for her. I never wanted her to feel like she was any less of a sibling to me than any of my siblings are. I never wanted her to not feel like she was family. I didn't care if she was adopted, she was my sister. I thought she knew that. I thought she knew I cared." A short, pained whine escaped him and his mismatched ears folded back against his skull.

"I can't cry," he added after a beat of silence, swallowing hard and blinking open his eyes again. He left his head against her chest, taking a little comfort in listening to her heartbeat. "I have to keep it together for Amalia and mom. Amalia already has so much on her plate with Athena having her pups soon and mom's been through so much in her life already, I just... and Arian's children..." He closed his eyes again then, giving a small shake of his head. "I hate that they came to the death match. Riv and Holly... And Cypress, her mate, how is he going to handle this? I couldn't imagine..."

"Talk" "You" Think

Svetlana

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
12-02-2015, 06:15 PM

Svetlana would listen, her silence holding respect for the man as he poured her feelings to her. Such emotion ruled his voice, and Svet would rest her head over his own, holding Leo close as he spoke on. Arian thought no one owuld care, but Leo clearly did. She was his sister, his kin. The femme would close her eyes, speaking in a soft tone only once he was done. “I think she knew, deep down. I think she knew you cared... But she was so far gone, so hurt, so torn, that nothing mattered anymore. That she wanted to go down fighting for her beliefs, her morals. One can only respect that.” Svetlana would open her eyes again.

“...and I know you’re holding it together for the sake of your mother and Ama but Leo... If you don’t cry you’re going to break. Listen to the emotion in your voice. Listen to how hurt you are. You need release.” Svet would lick his forehead. “I think if you didn’t cry it would be more concerning, my love. No one expects us to be together all the time... So if you need to you can cry with me. I’ll hold you, I’ll sing for you, and when finish you’ll feel a little better. Then, once more, you’ll be able to be there for Amalia and your mother too... For everyone who is counting on you. But right now you need a moment for yourself.”

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
12-03-2015, 06:26 PM

Leo listened to Svetlana's gentle words as she spoke, giving her she same silence she had given him. Even while she spoke it was hard for him to keep his emotions in check and contain the tears that welled up in his eyes. He hoped she was right about Arian going down fighting for her beliefs. He honestly didn't know if Arian really knew why she was fighting at the end. She seemed so out of touch, so unlike the Arian he knew... Svet was right, Arian had been broken and torn, but had she actually died fighting for her morals? He wasn't sure.

He listened to every word she said about giving himself this release, letting himself cry even if it was just with her. His teeth grit together and he buried his face in the soft fur of her chest as the first tears escaped him and rolled down into the fur of his cheeks. His nails dug into the dirt under them as a sob shook him and all he could do was huddle into Svetlana's side and let her hold him as she tears came streaming down his cheeks. He hated this. He hated feeling so out of control of his emotions, he hated breaking down. He only let himself do this because it was Svet here with him. Had it been anyone else he wouldn't have even hinted at the fact that anything was wrong. He trusted her if his life and, in this case, his pride.

"Talk" "You" Think

Svetlana

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
12-03-2015, 09:14 PM

The young woman would curl around Leo, comforting him as he cried, comforting the man who was so strong in her eyes. As promised the Svetlana would begin to sing, her voice soft as the song filled the den.

“Steps do lead us on
Into the vast world unknown
Steps do lead us on
But we know we’re are not alone
Just keep on smiling now
Keep on smiling now
We’ve got a long way to go
Before we find our home

The path winds on
Through the seasons change
We keep moving on
Making through the days
We are nearer now
There is no doubt
What I’ve found with you
Can be only true

I know
Standing
With You
Is the right way
This heart
Found peace

At your side
This love will never die.”

It was no song she had been taught, but rather a song that she had made up, practiced over time. She had hoped that one day she would have someone to sing it to. That someone was Leo. She would smile, gingerly licking his ear. The poor dear. But he’d overcome thing... And with time all things would be healed. Svetlana hoped that her voice would help ease his soul... for if not she wasn't sure what else she could do.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
12-03-2015, 10:51 PM

His wife's gentle voice filled the air around him, drowning out the sounds of his quiet sobbing. Her sweet words cut through the gripping sadness and as he listened slowly his tears stopped and by the time she had finished her song he was able to breathe in a deep, shuddering breath and let it out in a sigh. Her soft licks on his ear pulled a small smile onto his muzzle and he slowly lifted his head from her chest so that their blue gazes could meet. He was sure he looked like a mess with the fur on his cheeks wet with tears and his eyes red from crying, but he just wanted to see his wife's beautiful face.

"Thank you, Svet," he said softly, leaning forward to nuzzle her cheek. "I never really thought I would ever find someone that I love and trust as much as I do you... You're my everything, Svetlana. I can't imagine my life without you." He gently licked her cheek and chuckled softly, adding, "I guess it's true what they say, huh? Behind every strong man is an even stronger woman."

He chuckled as he let himself lean back enough that he could really look at her again. A small smile touched his lips and for the first time since the death match the smile actually reached his eyes. "You're so beautiful... How did I ever get lucky enough to have a woman as beautiful, kind, strong, and thoughtful as you as my wife?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Svetlana

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
12-04-2015, 11:55 PM

Svetlana would give the slightest nod, just glad that she could help ease his pain. Ease that chaos that was going on in his mind and heart. Her gaze was bright, and she’d lovingly return the gesture he gave her, licking his cheek in response. “No my love, they are wrong. Beside every strong man is an equally strong woman.” She would wink. There was no way she’d let him sell himself short, and it was also her way of sneakily avoiding his compliment. She wasn’t the best at taking them, but she definitely appreciated them all the same.

The femme would let her brighter gaze roam his face, her tail wagging happily back and forth. “By being a handsome, kind, strong, and thoughtful man, Leo. We’re each other’s half of a whole, that is for certain.” Svet would lean in, licking his jaw. “...some things are just meant to be. I believe that things happen in our lives for a reason, even if we don’t understand them at the time.” Svet would move her paw over Leo’s own. “I’m just so glad that my life lead me to you. I’ve never been happier.”

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
12-05-2015, 01:24 AM

Leo loved hearing Svetlana talk about them and their relationship. It was all things he thought about the two of them, but just hearing her say it confirmed that she felt the same. He only felt completely content and at peace when he was with her. Who knew it was possible to fall this deeply in love so quickly? Well, it felt quick, but in reality he knew he began falling in love with her the first time in that rock garden. Fate had brought them back together again when she came back to Fiori all that time ago and now he wasn't going to let her go ever again.

He smiled and his tail wagged as she licked his jaw and placed her paw over his. "I've never been happier either, Svet. Even with everything that's happened lately I know at the end of the day everything is going to be alright because I get to spend all of my days with you." He licked the edge of her jaw as well and lifted his muzzle to gently lick over her ear. He leaned his side into hers a bit more so that he could feel all of her warmth against him, nuzzling her neck and placing a few more small kisses on her cheek and jaw. The longer he spent showering her with affections, the longer he spent breathing in her scent and enjoying her warmth, the more he wanted her. He nuzzled into the crook of her neck, his voice soft as he spoke. "Svet... Can i show you how much I love you? Can I have all of you?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Svetlana

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
12-05-2015, 03:56 PM

Svetlana couldn’t lie -- the affections were well received. She loved them, every kiss, every nuzzle, every precious word. Love was a funny thing, coming upon you when you least expected it, wrapping around you and keeping you safer then you could ever be. From their first meeting, to their wedding day, to today... Svetlana knew she was a lucky fae. She was the wife to an amazing man. Blessed, she was truly blessed. Every trial, every error, no longer mattered. She was no longer alone.

“Without a doubt, my beloved.” Nothing would ever truly shake them, because as Leo himself had said; they had each other. They would stand tall together, working to keep each other afloat during the hard times and laughing during the good times. Svetlana would let her gaze linger upon her mate, giving a soft whine of happiness. She was so content, so happy. It was hard to believe that tragedy had occurred not long ago. This moment in the den was so full of love... it allowed her mind to slip away.

“Without a doubt, Leo. Have all of me, and I’ll have all of you.” Her voice was just a whisper, but so soft and full of love as she answered him.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
12-05-2015, 11:41 PM

Leo was more grateful than he could ever express for everything that Svetlana had done for him in such a short time. He felt guilty at times because he felt like his position as alpha kept him from spending the time with Svet that she really deserved from him. She never complained, she only offered him love and support and he didn't know how he could have gotten through the recent events without her. Actually, he was pretty sure he wouldn't have been able to. There was a long road ahead of him still with Arian's children still hanging in the balance somewhere between Fiori and Borealis. He knew that as long as his wife was at his side he could handle whatever happened.

Leo hummed happily at her whispered words and nuzzled her cheek tenderly. He'd slowly shift his position till he was settled over her back, all the while placing loving kisses and nuzzles on her scruff and ears. "I love you so much..." he whispered sweetly against her neck before he let himself get completely lost in enjoying his mate and showing her just how much he really did love her in the most primal way he could.

- fade to black-

"Talk" "You" Think

Svetlana

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
12-07-2015, 12:06 PM

The gratefulness was certainly returned in kind. They were a pair, the two of them strongest together. He offered her a source of stability, of unconditional love. Sure his position as alpha might have kept him a little busy, but that just made the time they got to spend together all the more precious! Svetlana knew he loved her, and that, in her eyes, was what mattered the most. All she had ever truly wanted was someone to be by her side... And she had found it in him.

The gentle caresses, the gentle touches of her love sent shivers down her spine. She would glance over her shoulder at him, feeling her heart melting in her chest. “I love you too.” Svet would whisper back. She’d let herself get lost in the feeling, the feeling of becoming one with him. Her eyes would close, breath coming out, as their actions only strengthened the love they already shared.

--Fade--